Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Mike O. only tried to kill her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

a cartoon duck posted:

but how does king crimson work

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

HitTheTargets posted:

Did you know who controlled Scary Monsters going into the story? Because I did, but as I read it I really started to dig the fakeout that's presented despite that. I'd love to hear how well it works when it can really get in your head and play with your expectations.

You mean Scary Monsters being a Stand of Dr. Ferdinand? That was really cool. I knew from somewhere else that Scary Monsters had two users but I thought that would be in Diego's backstory. So it just being another Stand User from Valentine was a nice twist

But then Diego gets Jesus's eye and it says TURBO on it and now he can be DInO all the time so that's cool.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder if The World was his true Stand, as seen with Diego from another dimension, but the Scary Monsters shenanigans gave him Scary Monsters.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

but how does king crimson work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop posting illegal scans of poo poo that has an English release, you fucks.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Beef Waifu posted:

Stop posting illegal scans of poo poo that has an English release, you fucks.

You got my hopes up about the first volume of Battle Tendency being out. :(

Edit: what is your stance on posting select panels and pages from the official release?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

ChaosArgate posted:

You got my hopes up about the first volume of Battle Tendency being out. :(

Edit: what is your stance on posting select panels and pages from the official release?

If posting single pages from unofficial releases is probationable now (unless those guys actually linked to the unofficial stuff instead of just using the image), my guess is using the official source would be just as probationable, since redistributing an official source is just as :filez:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's fine, I can't prove that the images from the Viz stuff isn't your own images, but I'd rather you be posting panels than full pages unless you're trying to prove something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

That's fine, I can't prove that the images from the Viz stuff isn't your own images, but I'd rather you be posting panels than full pages unless you're trying to prove something.

So can you add this to the rules too cause as it is it just says don't post links or files and nothing about singular pages

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What about posting images from alternate subgroups uploads of the episodes?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

So can you add this to the rules too cause as it is it just says don't post links or files and nothing about singular pages

No.

Aurain posted:

What about posting images from alternate subgroups uploads of the episodes?

Don't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Why not?

edit: not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just legit curious.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 22, 2015

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
So should I report people who use images from old unofficial scans of licensed stuff (jump stuff, etc) stuff outside this thread that you might not read? How would they know they're not supposed to do that if it's not in the rules and has never been probatable before?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

No.

Don't.

Right on, good to know this kind of thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an exclusive thing to this thread is how, because this thread is the only one which operates on mostly old rear end content that up to recent only had one part actually done. For a while, I considered not doing it because it's just sort of how poo poo's been going for a while, but I'm honestly getting really tired of seeing the same drat old rear end scans that both look horrible and are from lovely translators. It's honestly not even a legality thing at this point, I just really hate seeing yellow page Stardust Crusaders and poorly optimized pages when much better stuff is now accessible to other people. Other poo poo I've considered probating for in this thread goes as follows...

-Baseless Rumor-Milling
-Unfunny Images
-Power Level Debates in loving JoJo
-"Araki said..."
-Part x > Part y > Part z
-"How does King Crimson work?"
-All-Star Battle is a good game
-"It seems that Araki originally wanted Jolyne to be a fish and FF to be her waifu, because Green Dolphin Street Prison was a Dolphin and not a person"

I wouldn't do any of that though because it's controlling discussion and I am so against that in every conceivable way outside of some dude posting images of Shimakaze that I'd rather that thread devolve into stand generators than be like "Oh hey, I'm taking your ball from you." I legit don't wanna see yellow scans. Like, if you wanna post panels, go for it. I'm not gonna stop you. Full pages though outside of maybe linking them for the sake of your discussion I am not putting up with.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

It's an exclusive thing to this thread is how, because this thread is the only one which operates on mostly old rear end content that up to recent only had one part actually done. For a while, I considered not doing it because it's just sort of how poo poo's been going for a while, but I'm honestly getting really tired of seeing the same drat old rear end scans that both look horrible and are from lovely translators. It's honestly not even a legality thing at this point, I just really hate seeing yellow page Stardust Crusaders and poorly optimized pages when much better stuff is now accessible to other people. Other poo poo I've considered probating for in this thread goes as follows...

-Baseless Rumor-Milling
-Unfunny Images
-"Araki said..."
-"It seems that Araki originally wanted Jolyne to be a fish and FF to be her waifu, because Green Dolphin Street Prison was a Dolphin and not a person"

I wouldn't do any of that though because it's controlling discussion and I am so against that in every conceivable way outside of some dude posting images of Shimakaze that I'd rather that thread devolve into stand generators than be like "Oh hey, I'm taking your ball from you." I legit don't wanna see yellow scans. Like, if you wanna post panels, go for it. I'm not gonna stop you. Full pages though outside of maybe linking them for the sake of your discussion I am not putting up with.

wow ok, I thought it was just some legality thing based on the probation reason which is why I was confused cause clips of movies and pages of non-japanese comics dont cause any stir in CD or BSS so I'm glad you gave an in-depth answer, tho I think you'd have been better off saying that in the first place

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not gonna lie I'm being pretty petty, but gently caress man.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My ultimate goal is to wipe Duwang from history.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Beef Waifu posted:

Until Part 4 gets an official release, I don't think it's ever going to happen since even the good Part 4 translation calls back to it. :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Beef Waifu posted:

I can get behind that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm not gonna lie I'm being pretty petty, but gently caress man.

Ijust thought it was weird cause I was totally expecting to get probated for an entirely different post elsewhere sowhen I checked the lepers colony and saw it was for a post I'd made a week ago in here it was like "uhmmm"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Beef Waifu posted:

-Baseless Rumor-Milling
-Unfunny Images
-"Araki said..."

ASB is good game* though. I was playing it with a friend last week, and I was blown away at how good the JJL level looks. Its a shame that they are making a garbage 3d game instead of picking up ASB again and making a good sequel out to it, or at least expanding the roster.

*for fan service

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There should be less stand generators(as fun as that is) and more creating fan stands from scratch, complete with weird rules and ability uses.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

ASB is good game* though.

Banned

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

A crime even rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Beef Waifu posted:

gently caress you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You can erase Duwang from history but you can never erase it from our hearts.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Duwang forever.

Though I get not having to look at piss yellow pages of JoJo being an extremely good thing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The piss yellow of Stardust Crusaders triggered real nostalgic memories of reading super old books my grandparents gave me. They look terrible now and I rather not read them again, but at the time I liked em.

Duwang is pretty dumb, but there really isn't a sentence in the English language that gets the point across better than "get a feeling, so complicated"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only vaguely good and comprehensible bits of duwang have been kept on in more recent translations because they can actually work but the rest is flaming garbage

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Beef Waifu posted:

I feel you. I feel you deeply. Your feeling, I can feel deeply.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

e: well THAT sure was a misclick

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

The jojo general on /a/ is a loving abomination and I'm glad you're trying to avoid that environment.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm gonna break it.

Your face, I mean.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm assuming this means that if part 4 gets an anime that someone posting choice duwang bits in the anime thread every week wouldn't be kosher?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear to loving god if someone makes Duwang subs for Part 4, I will close both threads.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like people would have to explain the joke multiple times of why really shittily translated scans of the manga were being posted when/if the arc 4 anime gets made and has a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I swear to loving god if someone makes Duwang subs for Part 4, I will close both threads.

Someone is making Duwang'd coloured version, complete with jpg artifacts from hell. Despite the coloured version being exclusively digital.

• Locked thread