Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Residency Evil posted:

I have a feeling they'll never test the three head to head on the track

They at least have all 3 in the studio so they can argue over them

But one or two if not all 3 of the manufacturers wont let them do an official lap with the Stig. It'l be like the Enzo where they have to get a celebrity to lend them one.

I'm just astonished that the the Hurracan did a 1:15. If a base model Lambo can do 3 seconds a lap faster than the Hyper cars of 10 years ago (Enzo, Carerra GT etc.) I have to imagine the P1/LaFerrari/918 are going to be stupid fast.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pik_d posted:

Top Gear magazine was allowed to, which is different obviously, but still it has happened

In that article they alluded to the fact that they were forbidden to take all three on a track.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Would that be Ferrari being precious about how their cars are reviewed again?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

InitialDave posted:

I could see all three of them being skittish about being pitted head to head against each other. There's really very little for them to gain.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Residency Evil posted:

I could see all three of them being skittish about being pitted head to head against each other. There's really very little for them to gain.
Perhaps, but it seems that Ferrari are the ones with a reputation for being cunts about it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe if Ferrari provides the car and nobody looks at it too close, and their test driver is allowed to take it out for a few laps to warm up the brakes and tires, and nobody drives it less than 50mph or the brakes and tires will lose the heat, they'll play ball.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

InitialDave posted:

This probably sounds stupid but this is the reason I will probably never own a Ferrari. They are such assholes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sounds like everybody but porsche are being douchebags about it all.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Comrade Flynn posted:

This probably sounds stupid but this is the reason I will probably never own a Ferrari. They are such assholes.
Ferrari being assholes is pretty much the reason your car exists.

Edit: And having watched the episode...

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 23, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ferrari is hilariously douchey. Mclaren at least made a good point about only having a customer built car do a lap. Of course, Ferrari would never let that happen.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ferrari is hilariously douchey. Mclaren at least made a good point about only having a customer built car do a lap. Of course, Ferrari would never let that happen.
Some rich person must surely like Top Gear enough to let the Stig drive their barely driven-in Ferrari around the track, if the BBC pays for the special insurance needed. Not that anyone has offered their car up for it yet, but Ferrari themselves would not be able to protest that at all. It's not their car anymore.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They say in the episode that although that's their only option now, Ferrari are actually threatening to blacklist any owner who lets them use one from buying another limited edition Ferrari ever again. :stare:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
There is another option.... the "Mulsanne."

I've never seen them have trouble getting a Bentley after that :v:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

PT6A posted:

There is another option.... the "Mulsanne."

I've never seen them have trouble getting a Bentley after that :v:

"It's time to hand the Ferrari over to our tamed racing driver"

*shows Stig in a Robin Reliant*

"The handling in this Ferrari is just abysmal!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Electric map"

That Peugeot segment was something the hell else.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Sentinel Red posted:

They say in the episode that although that's their only option now, Ferrari are actually threatening to blacklist any owner who lets them use one from buying another limited edition Ferrari ever again. :stare:

Yeah, it seems Ferrari are even more dickish than I had thought possible. That's seriously absurd.

Also, that Peugeot segment really was amazing, but that poor SW20 :(

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

In the host segment I loved how instantly Jeremy burst out with "Did you see his penis?"

Also that was the strangest reveal of the lap time ever.

"You got the fastest time ever."

*silence*

"1:44...... 6!"

*CROWD GOES WILD*

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Data Graham posted:

In the host segment I loved how instantly Jeremy burst out with "Did you see his penis?"

Also that was the strangest reveal of the lap time ever.

"You got the fastest time ever."

*silence*

"1:44...... 6!"

*CROWD GOES WILD*

After saying "1....... 40..[].. 4", he says "So if it's lower than 7, you're the fastest ever"

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Just from watching you knew it was going to be way up there. And that peugeot segment cracked me up.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
Top Gear Series Whatever- MANIAC! MANIAC! YOBBO! MANIAC!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peugeot segment was great.

Can someone explain how a double mini roundabout works?

Does Peugeot have an american equivalent?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FogHelmut posted:

Does Peugeot have an american equivalent?

Chrysler.

Ron Pauls Friend
Jul 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Chrysler.

Chrysler has always made terrible cars

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ron Pauls Friend posted:

Chrysler has always made terrible cars

The "stick a 440 or hemi in everything" era was pretty good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
My highschool girlfriend's mom had a 505 wagon, and that was fun as hell to drive. Loved the tribute.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

There would still have to be some rich person somewhere out there who would do it as a big middle finger to Ferrari over it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Wiping tears after the Peugot segment. This is art.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I finally got to see it. Ferrari are dicks — remember when Deadmau5 received a cease-and-desist letter because of his "Purrari" 458?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

FogHelmut posted:

The ones I have gone through have been easy. They were at a four way junction and are offset with each dealing with two roads and you just give way to the right as normal, even if people coming from the right are coming off the other roundabout.

For example this

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...c70565e638e48f9

One roundabout deals with Parkway and Out Westgate and the other deals with the Cullum Road and Westgate Street with a kibe seperating the two roundabouts. You often have to cross over one into the other but it works when everyone knows what they are doing.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, it seems Ferrari are even more dickish than I had thought possible. That's seriously absurd.

Also, that Peugeot segment really was amazing, but that poor SW20 :(

I've seen that mr2 in the top gear car park before, not all of that damage was new and it never moves.

Also my wife was fiercely protesting the Peugeot drivers segment until I pointed out she pushed the passenger side sill in parking in front of our house once, halved the value of the car in one stroke.

If I had a Ferrari to lend them I would, with a giant vinyl sticker of a middle finger to Ferrari on the sides.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
McLaren should reverse their opinion. Ferrari want to use a non production version? Fine! Here's ours!*

*tyres so sticky they are actually liquid, boost so high it's got the service life of a drag car, most of the heavy batteries removed so it has enough for 1 lap, and all but 1 seat removed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

RE: Peugeot, in the 10th episode of series 4, Richard Hammond tested a 407 as a pace car and found that it handled brilliantly, but could do with a bit more power. He also threw in the obligatory jabs at French reliability etc.

And in the studio segment, they actually praised its looks! (Watch the episode if you don't believe me)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Top Gear holding inconsistent opinions year over year? Well I never!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Who's house did they smack into at the end. They hit it pretty hard but didn't even leave a scratch.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

They really need to get Jay Kay's Ferrari for the lap.

edit: lol they just explained why that can't happen

:(

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

A Handed Missus posted:

Jay Kay was who I thought of when Clarkson said "I have a friend with a Laferrari."

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

His black enzo looked better.

Edit: Looking at it now the Enzo has dated terribly, it looks like it's 10 yrs older than the early 2000's model it is.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

The American version of a Perrrrjoe driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0BL_QTzmoI

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Best part of the Peugeot segment was May's Peugeot Driver Face. I was laughing hard throughout though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was like

:saddowns: