Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Das Volk posted:

Speaking of those horrible eyelash things,

What is that thing with the flares off to the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

GutBomb posted:

Wrong thread?

Charger in Out Cold has a plow and is great

http://youtu.be/2PzqUjrr3aI

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So we got around a foot of snow this weekend. Freeway is still icy and snow packed. There was a fucktard in a newish Camaro with summer tires just doing burn outs on the freeway. I felt like pulling over and punching him in the face for being such a gently caress up.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

veedubfreak posted:

So we got around a foot of snow this weekend. Freeway is still icy and snow packed. There was a fucktard in a newish Camaro with summer tires just doing burn outs on the freeway. I felt like pulling over and punching him in the face for being such a gently caress up.

You missed the rental Dodge Caravans doing burnouts and pinballing across the lanes up Vail pass on Friday, it was hilarious and tragic.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

veedubfreak posted:

I saw a truck do a 180 because, I don't know, maybe he thought he was a cool rear end truck and could take a turn at 25mph then slid out. Morons everywhere when the snow hits.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

StormDrain posted:

You missed the rental Dodge Caravans doing burnouts and pinballing across the lanes up Vail pass on Friday, it was hilarious and tragic.

Went through there a while back when they'd just gotten a few inches of snow. Thank god the only other cars on the road were semis. Who were stopping to put on chains. Fun drive for a E36.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

revmoo posted:

Went through there a while back when they'd just gotten a few inches of snow. Thank god the only other cars on the road were semis. Who were stopping to put on chains. Fun drive for a E36.

I was driving my company car which made me nervous when it says all CMV NEED CHAINS, but I figured I must be fine if a logged dually with a flatbed trailer in front of me doesn't want to chain up. Although he eventually pulled over when he started to spin tires.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Das Volk posted:

Speaking of those horrible eyelash things,

Ms. Poked...? :raise:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Slavvy posted:

Ms. Poked...? :raise:

I think it's a reference to her job, her instagram is on the windshield (eye bleach required) https://instagram.com/porcelaindoll23/

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Ha, that's an automatic lancer and not an evo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

jamal posted:

Ha, that's an automatic lancer and not an evo.

I knew something wasn't right....

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Good god, that instagram is painful.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Throatwarbler posted:

Not actually terrible but relevant.

No lie, that looks relatively well done and I'd drive the hell out of that thing. Just needs a slightly bigger plow on the front and you're in business!

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

nitrogen posted:

I used to think they were kinda interesting looking cars until I ended up in a rental of one. It was like an nega-tardis. It was way SMALLER on the inside than you'd think by looking on the outside. It also drove worse than a 20 year old pickup truck I borrowed from my dad's company a year previous.

This is the best PT Cruiser:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

I always wondered what "big-block" meant.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Poor technique. To do this properly, you need at least three worm-style hose clamps wrapped around the wood block, with four zip ties keeping them from sliding up the driveshaft.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's like a fuse, but for torque.

You can tell by how they put bolts all the way through it's at least a 200 lb-ft fuse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

You can tell by how they put bolts all the way through it's at least a 200 lb-ft fuse.

Its a gigantic shear pin.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM

:stonk:
What is this, 90s Explorer: redux?

Edit- looks like Yeep fixed it, so buy a '14, not a '12 I guess.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/02/updated-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-passed-controversial-moose-test-video/

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 23, 2015

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It took me a second to realize that was the driveshaft, I thought it was some idiot shoving wood blocks into their suspension like we've seen before, but once I realized what I was looking at, holy poo poo

xzzy posted:

:golfclap:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What causes that? Way too top-heavy?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Seems like poorly calibrated traction + stability control, alluded to in the link in my edit.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love how Jeep tell them to load it up thinking it'll help, then it promptly blows 6 tires.

Edit: from their page, not sure what test this is, but that Volvo gets some air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWB48-OjUl4

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Poor stability control software. I'm not sure if that is the result of it not working at all, or just working to make things worse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Jeep manual probably recommends if you see a moose in the road, smash the pedal to the floor and attempt to ram it head on. The moose will be so impressed by your display of dominance it will leap out of the way. It's the American way.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's the american way: gain 1000 pounds, and smash your way through any short obstacle.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

It's the american way: gain 1000 pounds, and smash your way through any short obstacle.

Have you ever seen a moose

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Have you ever seen a moose

Swedish moose are actually elk. Elk are still pretty loving big though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So I went and googled the Jeep moose test, and apparently with the 2014 model the engineers got their poo poo together and now the vehicle performs quite well in that test:

http://teknikensvarld.se/this-is-how-the-new-jeep-grand-cherokee-2014-handles-the-moose-test-117095/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Geirskogul posted:

So basically:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I had trouble figuring out which thread to put it in, here or the people we share the road with.

Enjoy!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaha posted:

I had trouble figuring out which thread to put it in, here or the people we share the road with.

Enjoy!

New tire? Just dry it and iron it flat.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Saw this on the way home from work today.

Center exhaust, wing, and lifted to boot!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only thing the 1999 Beetle is good for is a mild lift and offroad tires.

I have the same opinion about the C3.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

I have the same opinion about the C3.

:black101:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bajaha posted:

Enjoy!

How does this even happen?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

How does this even happen?

Curbing the poo poo out of the tire.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Or driving on a flat, the sidewall takes a lot of abuse when it's squished between the road and rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bajaha posted:

Or driving on a flat, the sidewall takes a lot of abuse when it's squished between the road and rim.

I thought of that, but wouldn't most places tell you to pound sand if you tried to have them repair a flat that you drove on?