Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ima big dumb dumb who early adopted the CDC, wont be able to play it till after work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Does the AMX CDC get preferential matchmaking? If it does, then I see no reason to buy the FCM anymore. Both have paper armor, but the CDC has better mobility, better gun, better depression, is smaller, and has comparable HP...

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Animal posted:

Does the AMX CDC get preferential matchmaking? If it does, then I see no reason to buy the FCM anymore. Both have paper armor, but the CDC has better mobility, better gun, better depression, is smaller, and has comparable HP...

Pref Matchmaking is gone, they stated no new prems will have it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Animal posted:

Does the AMX CDC get preferential matchmaking?

They don't do pref premiums anymore, and they're slowly removing all of the existing ones from the store.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Animal posted:

Nope. FCM will be superior for making GBS threads on tier 8 and 9 games. CDC will have to fight tier 10s.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

Nope. FCM will be superior for making GBS threads on tier 8 and 9 games. CDC will have to fight tier 10s.

I have a feeling the CDC might shine in Stronghold Skirmishes. And it looks pretty loving ballin.

Not sure I want to drop $35 bucks for it, but I blew all my gold on stupid poo poo and I don't think I can save up 7.5k gold for it.

The choices of a frugal person.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

If I didn't have the FCM I'd be all over that CDC. I just saw some videos of people playing it in Tier X matches and its very competitive. Its basically a Tier VIII Batchat 25t without the autoloader.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

If I didn't have the FCM I'd be all over that CDC. I just saw some videos of people playing it in Tier X matches and its very competitive. Its basically a Tier VIII Batchat 25t without the autoloader.

Stop encouraging me :(

gently caress it, I am getting my tax return soon. Going to buy it when I get home.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

i've been working on 4k damage spotting for like two weeks. gently caress Off.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Stop encouraging me :(

gently caress it, I am getting my tax return soon. Going to buy it when I get home.

Its faster than the 1390 up to max speed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My tank carousel order has gone from US, UK, German, French, Soviet, Chinese, Japanese to Chinese, French, German, UK, US, Soviet, Japanese

I wish whomever was doing that would just stop and settle on an order.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Updating my client now. I am assuming OMC is ready to go, since they had an extra week or so to tweak everything to 9.6. Can any dirty mod using whores c/d?

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
I finally installed XVM and started using vbaddict - I was disappointed, but only mildly surprise to find out I'm a tomato :(

Question about Modpack

So, I was using the McGavin's modpack (in the op), then I tried Quickybaby's (meh), someone just mention OCM in a post above.

Pros and cons? Other packs worth looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stick with Quickybabys.

Dukket fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 23, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WayAbvPar posted:

Updating my client now. I am assuming OMC is ready to go, since they had an extra week or so to tweak everything to 9.6. Can any dirty mod using whores c/d?

Confirmed. Just updated myself, and every mod I used in 9.5 (except a minor one that I can live without) had been updated.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Dukket posted:

I finally installed XVM and started using vbaddict - I was disappointed, but only mildly surprise to find out I'm a tomato :(
We're all tomatoes in real life because we play this game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

i've been working on 4k damage spotting for like two weeks. gently caress Off.

They said they might be changing some of the IM "soon™". That being said, the 13 90 is fun either way right?

Right?

Also, I need to finish two more missions so I can get an all Female crew in the CDC.

Edit: The more I play the IS-4 the more I love it. Caught one of the battle callers by surprise when I did top damage in it.

IS-4: CW Certified :smug: *

*Sometimes, possibly, probably, not really, only in super rare "whythefuckdon'tyouhaveanE100fuckitbringanIS4orsomethingwhatever"

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 23, 2015

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

I thought that I was going to have to work up to a Tier 8 or 9 tank destroyer to pull of the TD-15 (deal 4000 damage) mission.

It appears that it won't be necessary. :v:

The way it went down is we won the field because the enemy team only sent an AMX 12t across to our side of the map. I then blapped a Pz. 38NA that was blundering around by their base. While that was going on our town force got rolled so two medium tanks, a Cromwell and a Chi-To jumped on cap. I moved into a spot SSE of the capture circle to spot and block any enemy tanks that came back to rest the capture. Sure enough an IS came up the 9 line and basically ignored me as I drilled two shots into him. He was later finished off by the Cromwell and Chi-To. Then a VK3002DB tried to rush me and died in 3-4 shots. A T-34-85 (who should have known better) tried to do the same and also died. The Wolverine that was supporting the T-34-85 chickened out when the T-34-85 died so I peeked over the hill and killed him too. I was ready to go hunting for more tanks but the two mediums capped out which was probably for the best because the remaining enemy tanks were in our base shooting up our SPGs.

EDIT: Mesadoram - The AMX 13 90 is great except for the fact that it has godawful aim bloom.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Pulling 4k in the 122-44 usually isn't easy unless your team is just as incompetent as the enemy team, in my experience around the time you hit 3-3.5k your team will start rolling over the enemies and kill things before you aim in.

Alternatively, use proud Republic of China anti-tank tactics, like this.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

My tank carousel order has gone from US, UK, German, French, Soviet, Chinese, Japanese to Chinese, French, German, UK, US, Soviet, Japanese

I wish whomever was doing that would just stop and settle on an order.

You can change this in gui_settings.xml in the res_mods/9.6/gui folder.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Arishtat posted:

EDIT: Mesadoram - The AMX 13 90 is great except for the fact that it has godawful aim bloom.

Yup, they also stated they are not going to fix that either. Guess you can't have everything eh?

That bloom is the only thing really keeping the 13 90 from being truly over powered from just slightly over powered.

Also, the 122-44 is one of the best tanks in the game (especially at that tier). If you think otherwise, you are doing it wrong.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

i've been busy want want retail therapy by means of a premium tank. The AMX CDC is awfully tempting but the SU-122-44 is something i've been meaning to get.

As I've been taking more, I've really enjoyed medium play style as I've shied away from TDs, but I guess the SU still has decent maneuverability? I find that hard to believe having played through ISU, but wtf do I know?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

guidoanselmi posted:

i've been busy want want retail therapy by means of a premium tank. The AMX CDC is awfully tempting but the SU-122-44 is something i've been meaning to get.

As I've been taking more, I've really enjoyed medium play style as I've shied away from TDs, but I guess the SU still has decent maneuverability? I find that hard to believe having played through ISU, but wtf do I know?

I love love love my Su-122-44 but for the same price I would go with the CDC because as far as I have seen its a little rear end in a top hat tank thats probably gonna go up in price eventually. Its better than any regular Tier VIII and prints money. Shooting gold is not necessary.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

You guys need to STFU about the new AMX or I am going to buy when when I get logged in :negative:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

guidoanselmi posted:

I bought the 122-44 when they were giving out gold for playing Sky Aids: The Game World of Warplanes.

I have an aggressive play style because I am a selfish oval office that needs to be the best, and this tank fits like a glove. It's ok'ish accuracy means you can sit back if you want to take some shots, but this tanks meat and potato's is medium distance. Close enough to be accurate, far enough to not be punished. If you get in peoples faces, your DPM will make them poo poo their pants. If you manage to track an enemy at a distance and they don't have a kit, they are as good as dead because of this tanks DPM. Once you start to lay into an enemy, it is scary how quickly they melt.

So TL:DR - 122-44 is worth it.

Just remember that you don't have preferential MM, but with that being said, T9 games have the potential for crazy amounts of XP and credits.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Guess what nerd loser purchase I just made.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, personal best game ever, in a BDR G1 B, while dedicating each kill with a cry of ”more blood for the tank god!” :black101: Went on ten kill streak to win the match. Afterward one of my teammates messaged me saying ”holy poo poo!"

I replied, "the tank god will guide your shots if you dedicate yourself to them."

Later I decided to watch a tank movie I had heard about, called "White Tiger", and halfway through I find out that I didn't invent the god of tanks.. He wears a gas mask and coveralls and drives a gilded T34, and sits on a throne with all of the departed tanks at his feet. :jihad:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 23, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

Guess what nerd loser purchase I just made.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Dukket posted:

Question about Modpack

So, I was using the McGavin's modpack (in the op), then I tried Quickybaby's (meh), someone just mention OCM in a post above.

Pros and cons? Other packs worth looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stick with Quickybabys.

I use Aslains. If you get the installer version it has basically every mod you'd want in it and you can pick and choose to make something that works for you. Pretty much everything has an example screenshot if you click on more details so you don't have to go by trial and error.
https://www.aslain.com

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Welp. I thought AMX was purchasable with gold. Not dumping cash on it. At least not yet.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Welp. I thought AMX was purchasable with gold. Not dumping cash on it. At least not yet.

It is supposedly going to be 7550 gold. Which is about the same amount of money it is right now.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I don't see it through the in game client, and the premium shop it is selling for cash only.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

I don't see it through the in game client, and the premium shop it is selling for cash only.

They said next patch it will be gold.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Ah ok. I will probably be gold-broke by then!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Ah ok. I will probably be gold-broke by then!

I had 4k gold two days ago. I am down to 1k now.

I am not good at this managing gold thing.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lol I just bought a bunch of gold. Not gonna pay cash for the AMX CDC.

I just got an FCM so I guess I shouldn't buy anymore internet tanks for now.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

WayAbvPar posted:

You guys need to STFU about the new AMX or I am going to buy when when I get logged in :negative:

Yeah, same here. :homebrew:

Except for the fact that I wouldn't have any idea how to play a Tier VIII medium with the armor of a Tier IV medium.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MoraleHazard posted:

Yeah, same here. :homebrew:

Except for the fact that I wouldn't have any idea how to play a Tier VIII medium with the armor of a Tier IV medium.

Think Leopard PT, Leopard 1, Nipponese mediums, and French mediums.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

I feel super violated.

Also, I now know why I keep getting booted off my account mid game.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
After first game I can confirm the AMX CDC is beastly and I love it. Excellent gun depression, rate of fire, accuracy, aim time, and the mobility is pretty decent. This tank absolutely dishes out damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Just freexp'd the last 12,000 of the AMX 12t so I could use the light sale and crew training discount, and holy poo poo I'm glad I did. ELC is zippy and small and fun to tool around in but for battles it's just not my thing, that TD-'turret' especially. The 12t is a glorious upgrade, glad I didn't quit the line.

Dukket posted:

kemikalkadet posted:

I use Aslains. If you get the installer version it has basically every mod you'd want in it and you can pick and choose to make something that works for you. Pretty much everything has an example screenshot if you click on more details so you don't have to go by trial and error.
https://www.aslain.com

OMC is just like this, convenient installer with all the mods and previews for most of them. I use OMC but they're both good, just different flavors, you can't go wrong if you choose one of the two.