Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Better than Kolb but he still sucked mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I was about to post a link to the new Browns logo and have it be Goatse but then I realized you guys would not know it was a joke

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Saint Freak posted:

Browns are going to use their first pick to draft Stanley Jones, a 22 year old cheer captain from Iowa who will play their beloved mascot 'Chomps'.

They were leaning towards picking Trae Waynes, but Jimmy Haslam spotted a drifter outside a Pilot Flying J gas station who whispered "chomps" when Jimmy leaned down to listen for wisdom.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was about to post a link to the new Browns logo and have it be Goatse but then I realized you guys would not know it was a joke

Any excuse to secretly post Goatse is a good excuse in my book.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Joke's on you, goatse is the logo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Metalinked to goatse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Hell, Ken Stabler is probably the last good QB the Raiders have drafted, not taking Carr into account yet.

Oh this'll be fun. Let's see, the best QB the Chiefs ever drafted was...Roger Staubach! Awesome! Unfortunately he was also drafted by the Cowboys.

The best quarterback the Chiefs have drafted in franchise history who signed with the team was a guy named Mike Livingston, who was sort of ok for his time I guess but nothing special. Todd Blackledge is probably the 3rd or 4th best QB KC ever drafted.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 23, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hahahaha they didn't even draft len dawson.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Goatse is a pretty pristine photo. Pretty sure the Browns are Tubgirl.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Goatse is a pretty pristine photo. Pretty sure the Browns are Tubgirl.

You would think, but no, no Tubgirl is actually the Browns' fanbase.

edit: The butthole, obviously, being the Browns.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Better than Kolb but he still sucked mostly.

Actually, he was pretty drat good for the Raiders but on an old team that only had Tim Brown, then Brown tore his knee up. Got into a stupid contract dispute with Davis, IIRC, and got traded for peanuts and never lived up to his potential.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

Actually, he was pretty drat good for the Raiders but on an old team that only had Tim Brown, then Brown tore his knee up. Got into a stupid contract dispute with Davis, IIRC, and got traded for peanuts and never lived up to his potential.

I mean looking at their entire career. Like for instance, the last good QB the Bucs drafted was Steve Young.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He also had a bonkers season in Carolina with over 4K and 30some TDs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
josh mccown had a good year too. doesn't make him not a backup journeyman all in all.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I mean looking at their entire career. Like for instance, the last good QB the Bucs drafted was Steve Young.

The best QB the Texans have ever drafted is

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

It's unironically TJ Yates.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Tim couch was a very good QB. If he'd landed anywhere else he would have made multiple pro bowls. That he was able to do what he did with the teams they put around him was a minor miracle. Poor guy got hosed big time by the Browns, and the football god hold a grudge to this day.

Couch wasn't bad and yea he played with lovely receivers and lovely offensive line but he wouldn't have made numerous pro bowl appearances because his arm wouldn't have lasted that long.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Chilichimp posted:

It's unironically TJ Yates.

Jared Zebransky

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

david carr

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Are you Mr Raider, sir? I'm so sorry.. your wife has cancer.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Volkerball posted:

hahahaha they didn't even draft len dawson.

of course not, the steelers did

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

welp

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:boom:

...But why does it have a ring?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fartknocker posted:

:boom:

...But why does it have a ring?

My immersion!:qq:

:drat:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I imagine if you stare deep enough into the abyss of the goatse you will see the piercing eyes of Brownie staring back at you

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Every Browns game should end with Brownie appearing from within Goatse like Porky Pig in the Warner's Brothers logo and telling everyone to drive safe

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, this is really happening tomorrow... I can't imagine a scenario where I like it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'd really like to see it be the Elf again.

There was a lot of idiots calling into 92.3 the fan denouncing the Elf. Which is...odd because everyone I've ever met? Loves that thing.

Beyond that? I don't know. I'm really prepared to be underwhelmed with the thing. My faith in the franchise has pretty much eroded to nothing.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:lol: I am dying, this is amazing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

of course not, the steelers did
They also drafted Johnny Unitas.

And cut him during his first preseason, because they thought he would never be smart enough to quarterback an NFL team.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 24, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

They also drafted Johnny Unitas.

And cut him during his first preseason, because they thought he would never be smart enough to quarterback an NFL team.

That team drafts so well, even their gently caress-ups are hall of famers.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'd really like to see it be the Elf again.

There was a lot of idiots calling into 92.3 the fan denouncing the Elf. Which is...odd because everyone I've ever met? Loves that thing.

Beyond that? I don't know. I'm really prepared to be underwhelmed with the thing. My faith in the franchise has pretty much eroded to nothing.

Of course it won't be the elf, because the elf is organic, traditional, and original. Fans who denounce the elf are usually the most insecure micro penis giant truck driving accountant types I've ever seen. "We can't have a wimpy elf rear end a logo, its gay dude! I seriously question the masculinity, and sanity of anyone who needs their football team to have a mean tough looking logo.

If I owned the Browns the elf would be the primary logo. I wouldn't go wild with it, but I would paint an elf in one corner of the endzones, and have a tiny elf sewn onto the jerseys up around the shoulder where the Steelers wear their logo. Its a cool good luck charm started from a winning tradition, and its the only logo the Browns ever should've had. Also Art Modell hated the elf so that's another mark in the elfs favor.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the elf is stupid and overrated

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

football fuckerman posted:

Look how wrong you are.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just like him because he's so smug about representing a bad team

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Goddamn rap we are normally tight but these are fighting words

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

The elf is actually very cool and a fun logo. Sorry to be harsh.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Elf sucks. And is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Elf looks like poo poo, unlike the objective best old logo: Sad Seahawk.

• Locked thread