Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Dukket posted:

I finally installed XVM and started using vbaddict - I was disappointed, but only mildly surprise to find out I'm a tomato :(

Question about Modpack

So, I was using the McGavin's modpack (in the op), then I tried Quickybaby's (meh), someone just mention OCM in a post above.

Pros and cons? Other packs worth looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stick with Quickybabys.

have a look at Aslains mod pack, its also updated very frequently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.6!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Meltymap's damage and armour thickness indicator
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel and session stats
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant
- 15m "Shoot through bushes safely" circle - Toggle with Numpad 0
- Autoaim to tank nearest reticle - Toggle with F10
- Autoequip binocs/net/toolbox

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

Edit: It also has an edited gui_settings.xml file to restore the US>UK>Germany>France>USSR>China>Japan tank order.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 23, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rockopete posted:

12t is a glorious upgrade, glad I didn't quit the line.

The 13 90 and the Batchat make any pain you've ever had in that line 100% worth it. The are really fun to play.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Anyone having any issues starting new personal missions? Finished one and now it tells me I have the max # of missions started (when I should have one per vehicle type). I suspect a new mod that is supposed to start available missions automatically, but I haven't been able to find the file that controls it yet so I can edit/disable it to see.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

rockopete posted:

Just freexp'd the last 12,000 of the AMX 12t so I could use the light sale and crew training discount, and holy poo poo I'm glad I did. ELC is zippy and small and fun to tool around in but for battles it's just not my thing, that TD-'turret' especially. The 12t is a glorious upgrade, glad I didn't quit the line.

12t is a hilarious tank when you know how to hide and flank. Get ready to have any amazing game you have ruined by running out of ammo (assuming the ammo count hasn't changed).

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Oh, I forgot; the AMX CDC looks baller as gently caress.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
when are we going to get the fabled new french heavy line :argh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

Oh, I forgot; the AMX CDC looks baller as gently caress.

Fake Edit: Who am I kidding, I am buying it when I get home :smith:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Mission complete. :smug:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad that we're finally giving the 12t its due.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

McGavin posted:

It contains:
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- Scope shadow removed
- 2 row tank carousel
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

Excellent!

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Dukket posted:

I finally installed XVM and started using vbaddict - I was disappointed, but only mildly surprise to find out I'm a tomato :(

Prepare for many weeks of shameful lessons of self-awareness.

Actually about your modpack question, Aslain's is really good and has way more in the form of options than you will ever want.

In-game, I personally use XVM, combined hitlog/damage panel, 2 sec shot corpses, white dead tanks, train car visibility, team HP, metal gear 6th sense (picture only), scope shadow, improved standard gunsights, and I alternate between XVM minimap and Locastan's minimap - I only alternate because I don't remember which one I like. Everything else is just too distracting or unnecessary.

I used to use 2 sec shot for team as well, but anymore if some idiot drives in front of my gun as I am firing, he's getting shot. It happens quite a bit, and I couldn't figure out how to get the message spam turned off for it, so I guess I'd rather shoot people on my team accidentally than spam chat.

I do wish that there was a better sound mod for the game than the two bland offerings we are used to.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rhoomba is still loving amazing

And a slightly more exciting Object 140 game that still had less damage than the Rhoomba,

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Teron D Amun posted:

have a look at Aslains mod pack, its also updated very frequently

Yeah Aslains upload speed is the reason I use it over OMC. He'll have a workable pack up as soon as a patch drops and he'll constantly update it until everything works with the newest patch. I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're in US since they seem to get patches a bit later than EU.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Prav posted:

I'm glad that we're finally giving the 12t its due.

I'm sure it's good on its own, but right now I'm just so happy it's not the ELC. My only other autoloader is on the 59-16, a one-off great for terrorizing scouts and artillery but not much beyond that. Grinding up a 6th sense French crew during the 8-bit event was a wise decision.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

rockopete posted:

I'm sure it's good on its own, but right now I'm just so happy it's not the ELC. My only other autoloader is on the 59-16, a one-off great for terrorizing scouts and artillery but not much beyond that. Grinding up a 6th sense French crew during the 8-bit event was a wise decision.

If you love the 12t you are gonna need to throw away your panties when you play a fully upgraded AMX 13 90. And when you play the BatChat 25t your nuts are gonna explode.

For me that has been the most enjoyable line. Even the Lorraine 50t was enjoyable when played right.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

i've been working on 4k damage spotting for like two weeks. gently caress Off.

You shouldn't have fired your gun. Choose whether you want to finish the mission or be a useful human being. You know in your soul which one is right.

JohnGalt quoting this let me know that I got this PolarCap guy a bit mad last night. I was just loving with him for being awful and being in 11A_D but him being the same dude makes it even more fun.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I wasn't keen on the 12t. I really didn't like the 13 75 (which is a shame, since it's one of my favourite real tanks), but I am loving the 13 90 so much.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

You shouldn't have fired your gun. Choose whether you want to finish the mission or be a useful human being. You know in your soul which one is right.

JohnGalt quoting this let me know that I got this PolarCap guy a bit mad last night. I was just loving with him for being awful and being in 11A_D but him being the same dude makes it even more fun.

I too have a PolarCap story. I pushed his Bishop around Prokhorovka with my Manther. He kept referring to me as "kiddo" and eventually lost his patience and tagged me in the back of the turret. Our team went on to lose the match but it was worth it.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Animal posted:

If you love the 12t you are gonna need to throw away your panties when you play a fully upgraded AMX 13 90. And when you play the BatChat 25t your nuts are gonna explode.

For me that has been the most enjoyable line. Even the Lorraine 50t was enjoyable when played right.

Let's not say things we can't take back now. It is better than it was (I hear), but I am scarred from suffering through that piece of poo poo right after it got bumped to tier 9.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

WayAbvPar posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back now. It is better than it was (I hear), but I am scarred from suffering through that piece of poo poo right after it got bumped to tier 9.
Same... I don't think I can ever fully recover from the nightmare that grind was. It had its moments, but it was mostly poo poo.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I am so very happy I ground through that thing while it was still tier 8, and autoloaders were still a relatively new thing that pubbies had no idea how to deal with (they still have no idea, but some pubbies have a better idea than before).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stats for today:
WN8: 3083
Win%: 27.78

gently caress pubs forever. I cannot carry those shitsacks hard enough.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

McGavin posted:

Stats for today:

Stop chai sniping :v:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
The landslide-itis in this game has gotten out of control. It's so bad that it really trumps anything WG does. Of what use are new tanks and new rebalancing if there are so many shitters playing that every match is an absolute bloodbath for one side?

EDIT: It seems like I get into position with 100% of my health and just start looking at the map and making plans when I see we are either up or down 5 tanks not 3 minutes into a match.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Prepare for many weeks of shameful lessons of self-awareness.

Actually about your modpack question, Aslain's is really good and has way more in the form of options than you will ever want.

In-game, I personally use XVM, combined hitlog/damage panel, 2 sec shot corpses, white dead tanks, train car visibility, team HP, metal gear 6th sense (picture only), scope shadow, improved standard gunsights, and I alternate between XVM minimap and Locastan's minimap - I only alternate because I don't remember which one I like. Everything else is just too distracting or unnecessary.

I used to use 2 sec shot for team as well, but anymore if some idiot drives in front of my gun as I am firing, he's getting shot. It happens quite a bit, and I couldn't figure out how to get the message spam turned off for it, so I guess I'd rather shoot people on my team accidentally than spam chat.

I do wish that there was a better sound mod for the game than the two bland offerings we are used to.

I'll check out Aslain

I like OCM, but I wasn't paying enough attention to what I included and now my screen is a cluttered mess. Some of the features (the armor weak spot overlay) seem to be random.

I may also just go back to McGavin's modpack.

Oh and I love the 2 sec corpse delay, its kept me locked and loaded a bunch of times. gently caress the team shot delay - pay attention to where you are driving.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

McGavin posted:

It contains:
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- Scope shadow removed
- 2 row tank carousel
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant

Edit: It also has an edited gui_settings.xml file to restore the US>UK>Germany>France>USSR>China>Japan tank order.

Thanks for updating this so quickly. I'm in the middle of downloading Aslain's mods before I noticed you updated so quickly. Odin, there's a lot of options for Aslain. Edit: stopped Aslain's and updated McGavin's. Three hour install? No, thanks. Though it's probably everyone installing at once that's doing it.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 24, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/23/23-2-2015/

Premium tank talk

Our favorite Czech nationalist posted:

- it’s possible that the frontal hull armor of the Super Pershing is currently incorrect and will be changed (buffed, better angle) when the model is reworked to HD (possibly in 9.7)

- E-25 will not have its size changed

Yes... Yes... finally my super pershing will be worth something now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That's what they said last time when they nerfed it by making the angle steeper, now they're just making poo poo up

quote:

tank destroyers never reached such an amount that they would account for 30 percent of all vehicles in battles on any tier

I guess they don't take any stats from NA West then

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

kemikalkadet posted:

Yeah Aslains upload speed is the reason I use it over OMC. He'll have a workable pack up as soon as a patch drops and he'll constantly update it until everything works with the newest patch. I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're in US since they seem to get patches a bit later than EU.

I prefer Asians pack as well, especially since I pretend I play on the EU server and therefore I am allowed to install the turret direction indicator and received damage announcer. Not like I did that before regardless. It is interesting how the more populous server allows more mods than NA.

Also, I have heard rumours about a mod that transforms your retarded team mates to competent players and I am wondering whether anyone in this thread have a link to that mod?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

I guess they don't take any stats from NA West then

Well they also say that gold ammo is pretty rare and has only increased slightly in usage since they let us buy it with credits. Which I'm sure is both true and honestly represented.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Also, I have heard rumours about a mod that transforms your retarded team mates to competent players and I am wondering whether anyone in this thread have a link to that mod?

You lying son of a bitch.

Bonus screenshot of last night's PolarCap harassment.

Did 5500 in a Bat on Himmels, he hid behind me and did 1800. Also TKed our E5 somehow, no loving idea how the gently caress you TK a heavy when you're sniping off the hill.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

WayAbvPar posted:

Anyone having any issues starting new personal missions? Finished one and now it tells me I have the max # of missions started (when I should have one per vehicle type). I suspect a new mod that is supposed to start available missions automatically, but I haven't been able to find the file that controls it yet so I can edit/disable it to see.

Yes there is a mod, I installed it in OMC, it's called Quest Extended 1.07, and yes, for some reason if you complete a mission it will default back to picking an improve mission rather than the next in line.

I know this as I completed the requirements for TD15 and never got credited for it as it had picked TD6 for me after completing TD14.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Burt posted:

Yes there is a mod, I installed it in OMC, it's called Quest Extended 1.07, and yes, for some reason if you complete a mission it will default back to picking an improve mission rather than the next in line.

I know this as I completed the requirements for TD15 and never got credited for it as it had picked TD6 for me after completing TD14.

Note - it will also default back to improving missions from tanks you've already earned so check those if you need to cancel a mission. Or just remove the buggy poo poo and install Warpack.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Guess what nerd loser purchase I just made.

Type 59?!? Finally!!! :neckbeard:

Welp, that sure is a screenshot.... :stare:

JohnGalt posted:

I feel super violated.

Also, I now know why I keep getting booted off my account mid game.

Lel, I knew you were still around. And if it makes you feel any better a -G- guy is grinding your account for you. :toot:

kemikalkadet posted:

Uh, OMC's updates pretty much every day. Check the changelog on the left side:

http://odemmortis.com/odem-mortis-modpack/

Only in the distant past did Aslain's update more frequently.

McGavin posted:

Stats for today:

Our session today was >30 games, 3x your WR but I only scrounged up like 1/2 your WN8.

:eyepop:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Our session today was >30 games, 3x your WR but I only scrounged up like 1/2 your WN8.
:eyepop:

To be fair we played a lot of artillery, and CAPFASTed twice in our lights. It was a beautiful CAPFAST so it should give us more WN8 but alas, life is cruel.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

To be fair we played a lot of artillery, and CAPFASTed twice in our lights. It was a beautiful CAPFAST so it should give us more WN8 but alas, life is cruel.

Yeah, but that's pretty typical of me. I try to win at all costs, but I don't do damage reliably.

Oh yeah, I had like a 67% survival rate too. That's like 5x the pubbie average.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, but that's pretty typical of me. I try to win at all costs, but I don't do damage reliably.

Oh yeah, I had like a 67% survival rate too. That's like 5x the pubbie average.

That's like 10x my average. Gotta get that last shot in even if it kills me also ramming speed.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That's actually something I have to learn again when platooning, that capping is an option and I can't whore for more damage/kills, because people want to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tahirovic posted:

That's actually something I have to learn again when platooning, that capping is an option and I can't whore for more damage/kills, because people want to win.

wn8 padder :argh:

We should platoon Grosstraktors again soon