Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
PC is the better platform in every way but PC is also only for serious gaming while PS4 is perfect for making a 300 lb purple piccolo. It doesn't matter if you're good at the game or bad at the game just keep yelling into the microphone.

ImpAtom posted:

I'll probably get it on the PS4 so I can sell it afterwards when I get tired of Goku dressup. It doesn't feel like the kind of game I need to keep forever.

This is incorrect. The only reason you'd ever need to sell this game is if they release a better dbz xenoverse 2 in a few years. otherwise this is the definitive Dragonball experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm getting it on PC because I only have a PC and PS3 and the guy I'll be co-oping with has a PC and an XB1, but I am worried Ed that a few weeks after release, everyone in Toki Toki will start sending me flames because I'm not running a short Saiyan in a dumb outfit with Jeice's moves or whatever because that's ~optimal~. Basically I hope the stupid MMO community never finds this game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm getting it on PS4 but PC will certainly have hilarious mods, so there's really no wrong answer, follow your heart.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I highly doubt the super serious min-maxing crowd is going to latch on to this game. And even if they do, there will always be goons to have "sub optimal" matches with

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I'm getting it on PC.

jivjov posted:

I highly doubt the super serious min-maxing crowd is going to latch on to this game. And even if they do, there will always be goons to have "sub optimal" matches with

Most of my characters will have the Para Para Dance and I don't care if it's OP or not.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well with the console version hitting tomorrow I suppose its time for the time honoured gamertag dump.

I will get it for PS4 and my psn is: Rooflemonger if yall wanna add me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I was gonna get it on PC but then my non-gaming PC friends got it on PS4 so I grabbed it on that instead. Also add Halgreth on PSN if you wanna play.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat it all I am interested in a DBZ game.

Some blogs I read mentioned grinding, but that could be just the leveling system and idiots thinking that they need to grind levels instead of playing like a normal person. Still, it isn't too bad, right?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm getting it on PC as well

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Unlucky7 posted:

drat it all I am interested in a DBZ game.

Some blogs I read mentioned grinding, but that could be just the leveling system and idiots thinking that they need to grind levels instead of playing like a normal person. Still, it isn't too bad, right?

You can get 80 in like 4 days of playing it casually.

Nothing is level locked except mentors, so it also doesn't matter much unless you plan on PvPing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Consoles get this early? Is it bad that I'm tempted to double dip?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

jivjov posted:

Consoles get this early? Is it bad that I'm tempted to double dip?

It comes out for consoles tomorrow, and in the UK & on Steam on Friday.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea that's basically the only reason I PSN preordered, I thirst for dragon balls.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Someone asked me a question on Steam that was very interesting. "Earthling" doesn't necessary mean Human (Goku, Trunks, Gohan identify as Earthling, right?), are Earthlings 1/2 Saiyan.

That got me thinking about Dragon Ball Online and how Saiyan wasn't selectable, but Humans were like 1/16th Saiyan and you could wish for SSJ.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 23, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if in the dbz universe its a valid wish to become a saiyan

that would own

i want to be a saiyan

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
http://www.twitch.tv/patriot1901
This is a dude streaming his excellent Master Roshi CAC.

(the red tint is from kaioken)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 23, 2015

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Firstborn posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/patriot1901
This is a dude streaming his excellent Master Roshi CAC.

(the red tint is from kaioken)

lol @ Roshi and Videl versus Broly. Most one sided fight ever.

weird, it said new opponent and new supporter but he was just running around collecting dragon balls. Are the fights optional or are they just trying to stop you from completing the objective?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PantsBandit posted:

weird, it said new opponent and new supporter but he was just running around collecting dragon balls. Are the fights optional or are they just trying to stop you from completing the objective?

its just a mission where you get dragon balls while videl distracts broly. he's literally just going to do this until he reaches level 80

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

PantsBandit posted:

The mission has secret parameters to unlock more stuff, but he is just grinding levels out the quickest way he knows how. I guess I just wanted to share how cool his Roshi looks.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dragon%20Ball%20Xenoverse There's other people playing, though. Online is a little sparse though considering it's just people who either got it early somehow or used the Hong Kong exploit then re-downloaded it in English.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 23, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonna play this all day tomorrow for reals. I might not even get dressed after the wife goes to work

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My Xbox One controller got waylaid somewhere and won't come till Wednesday. Then XV on Friday for me.

I don't even own an Xbone.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

He appears to be on earth yet is collecting Namekian Dragon balls.

Preorder cancelled.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PantsBandit posted:

Preorder cancelled.

I think they just wanted the dragon balls to be bigger in-game objects. Remember, the earth ones are the size of oranges.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

jivjov posted:

I think they just wanted the dragon balls to be bigger in-game objects. Remember, the earth ones are the size of oranges.

What's more important to you, entertaining gameplay or Dragonball canon?

The answer should be obvious.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn't there some lore poo poo that they aren't earth's dragon balls they're special time patrol dragon balls or whatever

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Someone asked me a question on Steam that was very interesting. "Earthling" doesn't necessary mean Human (Goku, Trunks, Gohan identify as Earthling, right?), are Earthlings 1/2 Saiyan.

That got me thinking about Dragon Ball Online and how Saiyan wasn't selectable, but Humans were like 1/16th Saiyan and you could wish for SSJ.

The character creation screen shows Videl, Yamcha, Tien and Mister Satan in the background when Earthling is highlighted. Pretty sure the idea here isn't some 1/16th Cherokee princess thing.

But then I think you can also just colour your earthling red and pretend to be Jeice's long-lost brother so the whole race thing doesn't matter outside of gameplay and what your fanfic says.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Isn't there some lore poo poo that they aren't earth's dragon balls they're special time patrol dragon balls or whatever

PantsBandit posted:

PantsBandit posted:

Preorder cancelled.

a cartoon duck posted:

The character creation screen shows Videl, Yamcha, Tien and Mister Satan in the background when Earthling is highlighted. Pretty sure the idea here isn't some 1/16th Cherokee princess thing.

But then I think you can also just colour your earthling red and pretend to be Jeice's long-lost brother so the whole race thing doesn't matter outside of gameplay and what your fanfic says.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

A) Can I make Nappa?

B) Can I make him go super saiyan and look like this: http://i.imgur.com/Wh3dng1.jpg

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Are any of the moves you can unlock laser eyebeams? I wanna try and make a Kryptonian based brawler CaC.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Great Beer posted:

A) Can I make Nappa?

B) Can I make him go super saiyan and look like this: http://i.imgur.com/Wh3dng1.jpg

A) Unfortunately even at max height/weight, you still aren't as big as Nappa. You are more like Capt. Ginyu sized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQVAtib5yU Here's an example... but I don't even think this dude went for the max. Looks like the middle notches to me.

B) No impressive beards, just Roshi's beard and a terrible beatnik dad beard

Esroc posted:

Are any of the moves you can unlock laser eyebeams? I wanna try and make a Kryptonian based brawler CaC.

I don't think so. There's some attacks that sort of come from your forehead, but no specific eyebeams I don't think.

\/\/\/ Yeah. There miiiight be, you could check the Super list where the dude goes through them all in his inventory, but I don't remember offhanded that there are eye beams. If it softens the blow, there is a Buu attack where he inhales a huge breath and exhales pink swirly ki in a big sweep in front of him for your Kryptonian guy.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 23, 2015

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Surprising, since eyebeams are well established. I would think it would be a move for androids or something.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's an attack called "Evil Eyes" that sets off an explosion at a distance. Not sure what that looks like.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

PantsBandit posted:

Surprising, since eyebeams are well established. I would think it would be a move for androids or something.

19 and 20 aren't in this game, which makes not having their eye beams selectable make more sense. They're less important than Saibamen and Appule! Hooray!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

projecthalaxy posted:

19 and 20 aren't in this game, which makes not having their eye beams selectable make more sense. They're less important than Saibamen and Appule! Hooray!

I would not at all be surprised to see an Android-focused DLC pack.

Firstborn posted:

B) No impressive beards, just Roshi's beard and a terrible beatnik dad beard

the lack of facial hair options is really cramping my dream of recreating myself in-game :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I know that face

also according to what I read about DBO's timeline, humans could do all the cool ki poo poo because:

-Hercule releases instructional fight videos imitating the Cell Games, makes gorillians of dollars
-people find out it's largely bullshit, riot
-Videl doesn't like to see her dad get trashed by everyone, so she takes over the videos, making them about harnessing ki like Gohan taught her to
-people legitimately learn how to harness and use their ki to fly and shoot energy beams and poo poo, entire planet becomes badasses

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 23, 2015

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

I know that face

also according to what I read about DBO's timeline, humans could do all the cool ki poo poo because:

-Hercule releases instructional fight videos imitating the Cell Games, makes gorillians of dollars
-people find out it's largely bullshit, riot
-Videl doesn't like to see her dad get trashed by everyone, so she takes over the videos, making them about harnessing ki like Gohan taught her to
-people legitimately learn how to harness and use their ki to fly and shoot energy beams and poo poo, entire planet becomes badasses

It was Pan but yes that's right.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

A cannon that shoots and/or is powered by dragonballs would be pretty bitchin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

Unironic agreement, eat poo poo fat clown and grandpa-bot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
19 and 20 were boring and dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Super 17 is in game, you gotta have normal boring 17 to go with that and waifu robot 18 but Super 17 is all we need for androids.

• Locked thread