Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ghost Hand posted:

Tyranid player did quite well but he and Nick Nanevati(sp) tied in the first round of top 8 and he squeaked by with the smallest of margins on battle points. So many good players at this event. It's crazy.

Yeah I was talking about the first round of the whole tournament not the Top 8. My view is that it's a good tournament when 1 player goes from losing first round to winning first place. It just shows that the tournament is really well played all around.

I'm hoping to attend next year, but I'm bringing a theme list cause this will be my first GT and do not want to go in with a competitive mindset.

Probably going to be Harlequins and Dark Eldar.

Also the Tournament allows Forgeworld, but they had a big discussion on it during the final game, and one of the organizer was like " Yeah... that Lynx thing is bullshit and not likely be back".

I really recommend watching that last game of those two playing because seriously that Tyranid player was really good and shows you exactly what he does with the lictors.

It's basically just, hope you like getting hit with Mawlocs all day long.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

TKIY posted:

What repository is everyone using for Battlescribe now? I'm having all sorts of trouble with Randomhit/Battlescribedata.appspot right now on my phone...

Answered in the WHFB thread too, but might as well crosspost the answer.
http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/

RandomHit hasn't been the primary repo for over a year now, IIRC.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

I don't know poo poo about Tyranids, but that list owns because it looks like the guy threw it together in Notepad while hungover the morning of the tournament, and just like forgot to take any wargear before he mashed "print" and folded the thing up to jam in his pocket before slumping over to the local Waffle House to recover.

Seeing it compared to the BattleScribe list is just amazing, and could only be more perfect if the SM dude had like made up custom names for his units or something.

Sounds about right. Did he really win via game mechanics or was he unopposed because he was already half in the bag and just shoving his models around the table with his cane and mumbling about how the Krouts shouldn't have lost the war.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The video of the game they both seemed cool, although they did argue a bit about some things , but I don't know why they gave the players microphones cause one of the guys started telling this crazy story about his wife missing the shuttle and getting lost and I was like wait your wife is lost in Vegas?! and then his wife never showed up at the award ceremony which was really sad.

Also the tyranid player has some serious hairy rear end cause you saw it because they had a close up of the table and he just bent over the table and it's like "Yes, this is Warhammer".

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Can someone explain how the hell battlescribe is supposed to work? I've tried it several times over the years and it has never worked properly. I can't figure out how its supposed to load these data files.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Only 1 Eldar in the top 8...

Perhaps Wave Serpent spam is now untenable in a GT setting. I'd be curious to see the composition of those Eldar lists if anyone has that available.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can someone link to the final round footage? I wasn't able to find Frontline's channel in the twitch app.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Longshot007 posted:

Can someone explain how the hell battlescribe is supposed to work? I've tried it several times over the years and it has never worked properly. I can't figure out how its supposed to load these data files.

Copy the Url of the data file. Paste it into the manage data section of battlescribe and hit the add button. Battlescribe will then download the data and incorporate it into the program. The. When you can create lists with the data.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Cataphract posted:

Copy the Url of the data file. Paste it into the manage data section of battlescribe and hit the add button. Battlescribe will then download the data and incorporate it into the program. The. When you can create lists with the data.

The last three I've tried to load are apparently too old? Can anyone load the ork codex?

Edit: Now its saying game system not found.

Porpoise With A Purpose fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 24, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

Looking through the top armies and lists, the distribution is really varied. I know nothing about the format or what kinds of games they played, but that's really cool. Middle tier seems to be dominated by the stuff we regularly complain about- wave serpents, imperial knights, etc. Seems like the top armies are much less of a single gimmick though- just a strong flexible army lead by a really good player.

I'm surprised in a good way.

I was very excited to see the diversity as well.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Longshot007 posted:

The last three I've tried to load are apparently too old? Can anyone load the ork codex?

Edit: Now its saying game system not found.

You should only need this one file for 40k

http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repos/wh40k/index.bsi

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Ahh! Thank you! I missed this link completely because of script blocker.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

Also the tyranid player has some serious hairy rear end cause you saw it because they had a close up of the table and he just bent over the table and it's like "Yes, this is Warhammer".

It's nice that you can hide behind your anonymity. How about you go in front of a bunch of people around the world, in a highly competitive situation and let everyone throw criticism at you? Stay classy Hollismason.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ghost Hand posted:

It's nice that you can hide behind your anonymity. How about you go in front of a bunch of people around the world, in a highly competitive situation and let everyone throw criticism at you? Stay classy Hollismason.

Don't get upset I wasn't being critical of him, I just thought it was funny. Also I would say he is actually kind of sexy if he would trim the beard some. In fact if you read my previous posts you'd see that I outright stated he was awesome and just a crazy good player and people who play Tyranids should watch the game.

I honestly was not expecting there to be actual good looking guys at LVO, but watching the feeds I'd let em hit me with a D weapon if you know what I mean.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 24, 2015

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx

Ghost Hand posted:

It's nice that you can hide behind your anonymity. How about you go in front of a bunch of people around the world, in a highly competitive situation and let everyone throw criticism at you?

There are other uses for the internet?

And question on forgeworld super heavy eldar tanks. I have zero experience in using any, and my criteria so far is "does it look cool?" With that in mind I'm leaning towards the warp hunter or lynx, which the lynx apparently pulled some bullshit in this tournament? I'll need to look up what it did exactly. There also the scorpion and cobra, but which would any of the eldar players h here like to field? If it helps my army is still all wraith all the time, so it's not exactly competitive besides being kinda uncommon to actually see.

Or should I just go with whichever I think looks good? I could do hornet spam but the idea is to have a relatively large centre piece for the army. You know, besides that wraithknight.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The combo is basically I think Lynx + Skyshield platform.

Whoop Whoop the lists people for the Top 8 at the Tournament.

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2015/02/23/tits-tournaments-las-vegas-open-2015-top-lists/

Here's the Eldar players list:

http://bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Tyler-DeVries-3rd-Overall-Las-Vegas-Open-2015.pdf

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 24, 2015

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The lynx is an amazing knight killer. Its super good for its points.

My buddy Tyler, who is the Elder player that took fifth at LVO used a list that used a lynx. It also had four wave serpents, a void shield generator and a seer council. He used it to summon masses of demons since the seer council casts it on warp charge 2, and can remove perils wounds by burning a warp die. I'm not surprised he did so well with it.

I played against it with 8 Tyranid flyers and could not beat it. Mostly because the lynx got a skyfire nexus and could remove a flyrant a turn.

Edit: guys he changed it before the tournament. Thanks for posting it.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VolatileSky posted:

There are other uses for the internet?

And question on forgeworld super heavy eldar tanks. I have zero experience in using any, and my criteria so far is "does it look cool?" With that in mind I'm leaning towards the warp hunter or lynx, which the lynx apparently pulled some bullshit in this tournament? I'll need to look up what it did exactly. There also the scorpion and cobra, but which would any of the eldar players h here like to field? If it helps my army is still all wraith all the time, so it's not exactly competitive besides being kinda uncommon to actually see.

Or should I just go with whichever I think looks good? I could do hornet spam but the idea is to have a relatively large centre piece for the army. You know, besides that wraithknight.

I'm not sure what happened with the Lynx here, but it comes in two forms.
- Scatter Laser and Pulsar
- Scatter Laser and Super Vibro Cannon (whatever it's called).

The Pulsar is a 2-shot, Strength D, Large Blast which the SL twin-links. The Vibro Cannon is an apocalypse sized flame template which is AP3 and wounds on a 3+ (re-rollable with SL twin-link) and rolls 3d6 against Tanks.

I personally find the Pulsar more useful, but the Vibro Cannon will utterly destroy infantry based armies that are not Grey Knights in their spiffy formation. All for a nifty 430 points on a Fast, Skimmer, Titan Holo-Field tank which lies extremely low to the ground.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Don't get upset I wasn't being critical of him, I just thought it was funny. Also I would say he is actually kind of sexy if he would trim the beard some. In fact if you read my previous posts you'd see that I outright stated he was awesome and just a crazy good player and people who play Tyranids should watch the game.

I honestly was not expecting there to be actual good looking guys at LVO, but watching the feeds I'd let em hit me with a D weapon if you know what I mean.

Yeah, you're still being a creep.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah sorry I said some of the dudes were attractive, that's toooooootally creepy.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
For gently caress's sake just put him on ignore like everyone else.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I just use the posters who don't have him on ignore to quote him and if there is something actually worthwhile said (like one in 6 or 7) then I can follow along. They're doing god's work, really.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There is nothing that I said that is even remotely creepy , me commenting on being surprised there are attractive men ( THAT I WOULD HAVE SEX WITH) there and that the winner is attractive is not creepy. Please go gently caress yourself thanks.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

There is nothing that I said that is even remotely creepy , me commenting on being surprised there are attractive men ( THAT I WOULD HAVE SEX WITH) there and that the winner is attractive is not creepy. Please go gently caress yourself thanks.

Didn't you take about getting guys drunk and having your way with them? Yeah, not creepy at all.

You are welcome Boon.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

No, gently caress you man. You made objectifying comments about his body in an environment where it was unwarranted and have made a number of people uncomfortable.

Whether you think the dude is attractive or not is irrelevant. The guy was filmed playing a game of Warhammer and you think it's appropriate to sexualise him and make comments about his physical appearance. That's not on and It's creepy.

It's creepy when dudes do it to women and it's creepy when you're doing it about this guy. It has nothing to do with orientation or attractiveness it's about having respect for other human beings.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

LordAba posted:

Didn't you take about getting guys drunk and having your way with them? Yeah, not creepy at all.

You are welcome Boon.

What the hell are you talking about, I have never said that.

Cataphract posted:

No, gently caress you man. You made objectifying comments about his body in an environment where it was unwarranted and have made a number of people uncomfortable.

Whether you think the dude is attractive or not is irrelevant. The guy was filmed playing a game of Warhammer and you think it's appropriate to sexualise him and make comments about his physical appearance. That's not on and It's creepy.

It's creepy when dudes do it to women and it's creepy when you're doing it about this guy. It has nothing to do with orientation or attractiveness it's about having respect for other human beings.

It's not creepy to say someone is sexy and joke about it. What the gently caress ever , I don't see you raising arms about the 3 Models wearing tank tops and huge boobs that all the winners took their picture with. go gently caress yourself

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 24, 2015

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Hollismason posted:

shut the gently caress up you goddamned moron

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Slimnoid posted:

For gently caress's sake just put him on ignore like everyone else.

Finally gave up and did it.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hollismason posted:

It's not creepy to say someone is sexy and joke about it. What the gently caress ever , I don't see you raising arms about the 3 Models wearing tank tops and huge boobs that all the winners took their picture with. go gently caress yourself

drink paint thinner and die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

Finally gave up and did it.

Someday literally everyone in the thread is going to have him on ignore and he's just gonna go on posting, happily ignorant of the fact that no one is reading.

It has to be at least 50% by this point.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 24, 2015

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

What the hell are you talking about, I have never said that.

Yes it is.

And whilst I haven't seen the models in question; Yeah, I do object to that kinda poo poo and will raise all sorts of arms.

I find cheese cake modelling and things like the kingdom death line of miniatures abhorrent and speak out against them, often.

The underlying misogyny within our community is a real problem.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What the gently caress ever, I get attacked because I said it was funny he showed his rear end crack, then say no I was not criticizing his looks and thought he was attractive then make a joke about being surprised about the number of attractive guys.

Everyone loses their minds.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
I wonder which number is higher: the number of posts in this thread by Hollismason, or the number of posts by people who can't stop talking about Hollismason? I'd wager it's the latter.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The results don't look like they were dominated by Eldar, what happened?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This is a thread for talking about warhammer stuff. People in this thread don't know a bunch of random poo poo about my lifestyle and what I cook for dinner because I don't post that poo poo in this thread. Nobody needs to post that poo poo in this thread. Get a livejournal or something.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's totally the latter, because everyone here except for me is the coolest person in their neighborhood with a shiny BMX bike who totally copped a feel from the IHOP Waitress down the street then kicked a wheelie and road off into the loving Sunset.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
guys, I'm hollismason

i'm gay

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hollismason posted:

It's totally the latter, because everyone here except for me is the coolest person in their neighborhood with a shiny BMX bike who totally copped a feel from the IHOP Waitress down the street then kicked a wheelie and road off into the loving Sunset.

stop posting forever

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

panascope posted:

The result of Games Workshop's ever-awful rules writing and bland, worst-yet codex releases trending towards a slightly more balanced game with fewer loopholes is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

panascope posted:

Really good players with balanced lists proved the order of the day.

• Locked thread