Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well that's going to do bad things to American history :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Oh, a lesson in not changing history from miss I'm my own grandma. Let's just DECPAITATE Franklin and get out of here!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cut back to the present, giant ants rule the world

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The password is his birthday?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Look at our selfie! It's the only way!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They did such a terrible job setting up Katrina as a villain.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

howe_sam posted:

They did such a terrible job setting up Katrina as a villain.

Yeah it's the worst part of the end of this season.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That's not how you use an iPhone, Crane.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Slide to unlock

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
HAHA
slide to unlock

[]____________________[]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nice one liner Abbie

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Abbie the ufc fighter

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hahahaha way to go Abbie

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Abbie Mills, self-rescuing princess.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
The set up to it was horrible, but by far, evil Katrina is the best Katrina.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Abbie, please don't tell your ancestor that you're her descendant

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Postal Parcel posted:

Abbie, please don't tell your ancestor that you're her descendant

It's fine, she knows the whole Witness deal

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Aaaand cue Horseman and creepy hell-horse.

By which I mean Katrina.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Boy they sure are milking the commercials on this tonight.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
I'm sensing some BTTF 2 alternative stuff coming up. And then....cue cliff hanger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Technically the first Leftenant, chronologically.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
She'll go back to her home time just as the Horseman decapitates Crane---and cue end of episode

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
ABBIE YOU DICK!

e: Uhoh

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
They're kinda running low on villains.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh gently caress this show

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

jiffynuts posted:

I'm sensing some BTTF 2 alternative stuff coming up. And then....cue cliff hanger.

Or not.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"So it's over"
No....don't say that

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This is definitely a "We're not sure if we'll be back" finale

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, that's a season.

And maybe a series.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That was kind of a letdown compared to last year.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kammat posted:

This is definitely a "We're not sure if we'll be back" finale

Definitely an "And the adventure continues" ending, similar to Almost Human :sigh:. No where near the amount of vigor/swagger/self-confidence of season 1.

I know they made some missteps(especially with Hawley), but I think they can save themselves. It was a fun last 2 episodes.
Please come back :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have to wonder if even just killing both of them is enough to completely stop them.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I have to wonder if even just killing both of them is enough to completely stop them.

Yeah death is no permanent end on this show.

Season had its issues but I enjoyed most of it. Hope it sticks around.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Looking back, I think the root mistake was making Henry Parrish Crane's son. It personalized the stakes to an absurd degree. Then not knowing what the gently caress to do with Katrina after busting her out of Purgatory.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Now that the season is done, I'd like to comment on Evil Katrina. I think it was vaguely hinted that she might go evil. The library drowning witch made a letter for Crane that Katrina never delivered. I also think there was something about some group in the coven of good witches(maybe a coven of bad witches?) having some grudge/anger towards Katrina as well, possibly in relation to saving Ichabod.

I'm not going to say her change was perfect, but I don't think it was ENTIRELY out of left field.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Postal Parcel posted:

Now that the season is done, I'd like to comment on Evil Katrina. I think it was vaguely hinted that she might go evil. The library drowning witch made a letter for Crane that Katrina never delivered. I also think there was something about some group in the coven of good witches(maybe a coven of bad witches?) having some grudge/anger towards Katrina as well, possibly in relation to saving Ichabod.

I'm not going to say her change was perfect, but I don't think it was ENTIRELY out of left field.

When they gave her any characterization, Katrina always struck me as a mission-focused, greater-good, omelets/eggs person. Katrina is on the side of good, but if she has not to kill or cover up the death of Ichabod's crazy stalker girl for him to get on with Witnessing, then so be it. I always thought that if/when Katrina went evil it would be due that kind of "take up the white man's burden" mentality of "All right, I've seen the world and how hosed up it is. I'm taking over now since clearly you fucktard muggles can't handle it correctly."

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Postal Parcel posted:

Definitely an "And the adventure continues" ending, similar to Almost Human :sigh:. No where near the amount of vigor/swagger/self-confidence of season 1.

I know they made some missteps(especially with Hawley), but I think they can save themselves. It was a fun last 2 episodes.
Please come back :ohdear:
Yeah, an "adventures continue" ending was the best they would have to do. I know I've been down on it but I would love to see a third season and see what they can do with that.

howe_sam posted:

Looking back, I think the root mistake was making Henry Parrish Crane's son. It personalized the stakes to an absurd degree. Then not knowing what the gently caress to do with Katrina after busting her out of Purgatory.
Eh, it could've been done fine, but they spent too much time handwringing BUT HE'S OUR SON for way too long, they should've settled on it an episode earlier and made it concrete they'd either be on the same page or not, doesn't matter, that's already a good start.

johntfs posted:

When they gave her any characterization, Katrina always struck me as a mission-focused, greater-good, omelets/eggs person. Katrina is on the side of good, but if she has not to kill or cover up the death of Ichabod's crazy stalker girl for him to get on with Witnessing, then so be it. I always thought that if/when Katrina went evil it would be due that kind of "take up the white man's burden" mentality of "All right, I've seen the world and how hosed up it is. I'm taking over now since clearly you fucktard muggles can't handle it correctly."
Yeah, I got that impression too, which is why her going evil is kinda lame to me. She's fantastic as a villain but she kinda did deserve a bit more screentime to make us understand her plight, but she really didn't have a sounding board except a mute horseman. She went back in time, sure, but was she just gonna try to do a repeat or save Crane properly before she found out Abby got sucked into the spell too? That was kinda just, ugh to me. I get why she turned in the previous episode but I wasn't wholly convinced she actually had a plan for traveling back in time until she found out she might be hosed.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Sober posted:

Yeah, I got that impression too, which is why her going evil is kinda lame to me. She's fantastic as a villain but she kinda did deserve a bit more screentime to make us understand her plight, but she really didn't have a sounding board except a mute horseman. She went back in time, sure, but was she just gonna try to do a repeat or save Crane properly before she found out Abby got sucked into the spell too? That was kinda just, ugh to me. I get why she turned in the previous episode but I wasn't wholly convinced she actually had a plan for traveling back in time until she found out she might be hosed.

She said what she was going to do in the last episode: she was going to let him die for real, with no chance of resurrection. The reason she had to leave Jeremy was because her pissed-off coven was hunting her due to what she did to ensure Crane would live to fight later. If Crane died normally, she would have Jeremy with her since she wouldn't be on the run.

The most shocking thing in this episode for me was the decapitation of Ben Franklin. And they let it sink in with Crane being unable to look away from his body.

Lucania fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 24, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, if that's the way it ends, I think I'll be okay with it. I hope it's not, but if it is, I can let this one go easier than a few other shows I've seen recently that got the axe before their time. At least Sleepy Hollow is leaving literally nothing tangible on the table for people to grieve over. Though if it does come back next year after all, I will certainly look forward to how big and quickly things go bugfuck crazy again to get the drama running once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Core group is back and that's all that really matters to me if we get another season. They totally hosed up the character chemistries this season and didn't try fix it until 12 episodes in. Orlando Jones was knocking it out the park s1 so they sideline him for a whole season. Bring in some plastic board indianna jones that every character seems to hate or finds annoying because "history." That new female police chief had maybe eight minutes of screen time the whole season too.

Humanizing the horseman was also a stupid move especially for a show that desparately needs stronger villains. That said I did like the Orion/angel dude and he could be an effective villain in the future but they might just gently caress that up too and overuse him.

• Locked thread