Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

JacksonAces posted:

I built a standing desk for my computer about a year ago, and now that I've started playing CS, I am going to need to build another.

Stupid need to lower the sensitivity.

You should check out the Razer Hydraulic Gaming Standing Desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012

bpower posted:

You should check out the Razer Hydraulic Gaming Standing Desk.

I have. I drooled. And then I tried to throw money at the screen, but I have none.

So then I built a desk.

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012
That being said, I just got a new job, with a big pay increase, so perhaps the Ikea Bekant desk is looking good.

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/ikea-bekant-desk/

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
That is def. not Turk, but it is me!

Luna Was Here posted:

turk confirm/deny this is you

Really? Turk? That's me. Nerds.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

iNteg posted:

Sadly I didn't even have time this weekend to even make it out there to meet up with you turds.. I guess fat lou will remain the only goon to ever meet me..

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Gas pls

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
Where did this take place anyways? I woulda totally been down for meeting some CS goons if it was in NYC.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

FetalDave posted:

Where did this take place anyways? I woulda totally been down for meeting some CS goons if it was in NYC.

Michigan.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

iNteg posted:

?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hi. Lol

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
That's me

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm the girl that guy posted.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

im yiss

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

JacksonAces posted:

That being said, I just got a new job, with a big pay increase, so perhaps the Ikea Bekant desk is looking good.

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/ikea-bekant-desk/

These were removed from stores for some unknown reason I wouldn't trust them if you see any kicking around.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Just played against LolYou (a streamer with about 2k average viewers at a time) Dude blew and tk'd the teammates he didn't queue with. Autism is a strength in CS

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Alright, here is the official timeline of Lan events.

Day 1(Pre-Lanfest)
6PM: Systane shows up at my place, in Chicago, and I personally drop close to $100 on beer at four bars. I assume Systane dropped almost as much. Here we are in a high class establishment.

1AM: We get back to my place and played a goonman. I passed out midway through it and Systane finished for me.

Day 2
7AM: Systane and I wake up at 7AM and want to kill ourselves.
8:15AM: We leave for the Lan.
9AM: We realize that we completely forgot about the time zone difference and the lan starts at 1:30PM. To make up for this we literally drive roughly 100MPH for the entire state of Indiana.
10AM: Turk informs me that he is going to be an hour or so late because Ohio forgot to plow it's streets.
1:15PM: Systane and I get to the lan and sign in and set up. Yiss has been here for a while at this point.

There are camera drones and poo poo.

We are literally the closest computers to the CoD tournament. There was so much trash talk all the time from them. It was hilarious as poo poo. I took a picture of this guy at some point and put it as my desktop background. We later all used it as out team picture.

Added super meta photo of me taking my photo and Turk sitting next to me.

Also, we find out our ringer is dropping because someone on his team got sick and could not make it or something. Yiss knows someone there and we just grab him for our 5th knowing full well he was not going to be that great.
2:30PM: Turk gets there.
5PM: We get our first matchup(4.5 hours late). Hiko and Moses join the server, but that is a false alarm and the admins set us the wrong server info. We go to another server to wait a while longer still and then finally get told that our first matchup is a forfeit because the other team was still playing in a LoL tournament.
6PM: We start our second matchup. We 16-0 them.

7PM: We go out for a couple drinks and food and then come back for the lan for a few Goonmans and stuff and retire for the night.

Day 3
11AM: Get to the Lan.
1PM: We are informed that we will have a bo3 matchup that gets streamed. We get completely destroyed. Mainly they have one guy hardcarrying them and almost 40 bombing the second map.

http://www.twitch.tv/wintergaming/v/3820498 (Our match starts at roughly 4:44:18)
3PM: We feel like this mom.

6PM: We all realize we are far too old for this poo poo and all any of us want to do is sleep, so we all retire. We're still gonna do it again next year though. Next time with a proper loving 5 stack.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 24, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

iNteg posted:

loving thread turning into that scene in Spartacus.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fat Lou posted:

1PM: We are informed that we will have a bo3 matchup that gets streamed. We get completely destroyed. Mainly they have one guy hardcarrying them and almost 40 bombing the second map.

Also your ringer made a lot of dumb moves in tight situations which ended up costing you. If he were better I think you guys would have still lost but it wouldn't have been as bad

quote:

We're still gonna do it again next year though. Next time with a proper loving 5 stack.

Dibs

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Also your ringer made a lot of dumb moves in tight situations which ended up costing you. If he were better I think you guys would have still lost but it wouldn't have been as bad

At one point we told him to stop buying smokes because his T side A Cache smokes were literally CT smokes.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Fat Lou posted:

At one point we told him to stop buying smokes because his T side A Cache smokes were literally CT smokes.

I'm not even average with smokes but that's pretty bad. I mean mid on Cache is easy as gently caress to take as T with a smoke over the top and a flash/double flash.

I actually get worse at smoking Mirage's window or catwalk from T spawn every time i play.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fat Lou posted:

His triple-fake on the bomb when HE KNEW THE ONLY T WAS ALL THE WAY IN GARAGE when he had a gat-drat kit was the hardest I've ever :cripes:ed at a game of CS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cool. Our team had griefers trying to derank, their team had a hacker, and I got kicked when I was top fragging with 3 kills in 10 rounds. The Counter-Strike experience.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Necc0 posted:

His triple-fake on the bomb when HE KNEW THE ONLY T WAS ALL THE WAY IN GARAGE when he had a gat-drat kit was the hardest I've ever :cripes:ed at a game of CS

Dude, all four of us were just yelling at him to stick the defuse repeatedly. I was almost out of my seat ready to throw my loving keyboard over to where he sat because if how stupid that was. After that happened all I could was laugh like a maniac in order to keep myself from crying out of sheer embarrassment.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Kwilty posted:

Just played against LolYou (a streamer with about 2k average viewers at a time) Dude blew and tk'd the teammates he didn't queue with. Autism is a strength in CS

he's one of the bigger dbags in the streaming world imo

edit: gj though cause hes not terrible normally

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012

Photex posted:

These were removed from stores for some unknown reason I wouldn't trust them if you see any kicking around.

awww.... lame.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cool. Our team had griefers trying to derank, their team had a hacker, and I got kicked when I was top fragging with 3 kills in 10 rounds. The Counter-Strike experience.

you have 45000 posts and theyre all whining about losing videogames

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
my brain is struggling to comprehend an existence that pathetic

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

satsui no thankyou posted:

you post in fyad and dota threads tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

holy poo poo it really is 45,000+
What the hell is wrong with you Luuigi

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
drat...fragged by the guy who posts only about games and comics. lol

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
He's not terrible at EVE, but I don't know about that being supportive evidence :v:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

drat...fragged by the guy who posts only about games and comics. lol

the checklist that has funny puns about being rekt like rekt-9

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I am immediately saddened that nobody used this for a tourney team name.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

welcome, stay a while

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I don't know who this guy is, but coming in hot like that, combo'd with his rap sheet has made him my new best friend.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kwilty posted:

I don't know who this guy is, but coming in hot like that, combo'd with his rap sheet has made him my new best friend.

He has been the source of many an own in the dota thread
He's pretty cool

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wwkLF1cxQ

One of the better videos I've seen, that covers pretty much everything from Spray to Movement to Peripherals and Crosshairs. It's long, but well worth the listen if you have nothing else to do.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
http://www.hltv.org/news/14331-official-nip-sign-allu

:drat:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Fat Lou posted:

Alright, here is the official timeline of Lan events.

Day 1(Pre-Lanfest)
6PM: Systane shows up at my place, in Chicago, and I personally drop close to $100 on beer at four bars. I assume Systane dropped almost as much. Here we are in a high class establishment.

1AM: We get back to my place and played a goonman. I passed out midway through it and Systane finished for me.

That bar you were at, was it emporium? I haven't been there in a while but that's what it looks like (although a lot of the arcade bars look similar... aging brick buildings)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

MF_James posted:

That bar you were at, was it emporium? I haven't been there in a while but that's what it looks like (although a lot of the arcade bars look similar... aging brick buildings)

Yeah, it is just a couple blocks from my place. I prefer Headquarters, but Emporium is pretty good.

• Locked thread