Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What the hell is Chuck's problem?

Data Graham posted:

Jeeez, either they set up an electric winch to help pull the one guy up, or...

You don't just pull someone up a cliff one-armed by the fingers no matter how many times it happens in movies. Jimmy would have gone right off the edge before the other guy lifted an inch.

My dad texted me that he saw a winch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

God Chuck, risking your life in the burning sun to get a newspaper?!

e: His neighbor's reaction was the best

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Chuck has some major mental illness.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Superman AWAY!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What an ending.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Haha, holy poo poo that neighbor. Imagine watching that poo poo go down.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Haha, holy poo poo that neighbor. Imagine watching that poo poo go down.
He looked like he belonged under a car windshield.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
is it next monday yet?!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
That was a very quick hour.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

CHUCK NO

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uh oh, next week something very bad happens to Chuck :ohdear:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay no way in gently caress did the preview just spoil what they pretended to spoil.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Officers no! The electricity!

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

dont do the crime if you cant do the time

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

From the story sync

I don't get it; what am I seeing here?

Also, this episode was amazing. The actor who plays Saul Goodman is so good at it. This show rules!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

I don't get it; what am I seeing here?

Also, this episode was amazing. The actor who plays Saul Goodman is so good at it. This show rules!

That man is the same one as the guy Jimmy "rescued" from the billboard.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

That man is the same one as the guy Jimmy "rescued" from the billboard.

Wow........ that's amazing actually.

Also, I've got to remember to stick around and watch the previews, what'd we see?

Thanks again thread. I wasn't around for 97% of the Breaking Bad goodness, but I'm glad I can be here for Better Call Saul thread.

Also, I'm glad Jimmy got some backbone and told Nacho, "Look, I went above and beyond, was only worried about the kids, and I got you out of jail to boot so back off!" Shows that he's tough too.

Hand Row posted:

Makes sense since the guy kept saying took you long enough, plus the opening 2 man con.

They made it painfully clear it was a setup in case the audience didn't get it. The guy hanging said "took you long enough" and then they quickly shook hands.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 24, 2015

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Makes sense since the guy kept saying took you long enough, plus the opening 2 man con.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I just love that space blanket, it just makes the scene.

I only figured out it was a con when they shook hands after the 'rescue'. I love how Hamelin is totally correct but still comes off as a grade A rear end in a top hat.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So I'm still having trouble understanding what happened with the Kettlemans. They wouldn't hire Jimmy, so why is he writing up invoices for the money as though they did?

I guess he's cooking books to make it look like he earned 30K out of the blue, but are we supposed to think the receipts are for the Kettlemans, or what?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHA BEST. EPISODE. YET.

The first few episodes were just "good"man but this one was great.

FreeKillB posted:

I just love that space blanket, it just makes the scene.

And that scene just capped it off perfectly.

Data Graham posted:

So I'm still having trouble understanding what happened with the Kettlemans. They wouldn't hire Jimmy, so why is he writing up invoices for the money as though they did?

I guess he's cooking books to make it look like he earned 30K out of the blue, but are we supposed to think the receipts are for the Kettlemans, or what?

The IRS is supposed to think that.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Well, Nacho was his client as far as everyone else is concerned, so he can claim Nacho gave him all that money.

Poor Chuck. He must be really paranoid. You could tell he was in pain, but he wanted to see that newspaper so bad he just couldn't wait. Now the neighbor lady thinks you're insane you are.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Preview: Chuck is going to jail, for paper thievery

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, the Kettlemans are just absolute pieces of poo poo. I really hope they get found super guilty later in the season or something.

And every scene with Chuck just depresses the Hell out of me. Poor dude is absolutely off his rocker. But the space blanket totally made the last scene. And trying to frantically put down the dollar.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Okay no way in gently caress did the preview just spoil what they pretended to spoil.

Never, ever watch previews or trailers. I learned this lesson for the final time after I watched Interstellar after avoiding all trailers, then I went and watched the trailers and saw major spoilers in one of them.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Chamale posted:

Never, ever watch previews or trailers. I learned this lesson for the final time after I watched Interstellar after avoiding all trailers, then I went and watched the trailers and saw major spoilers in one of them.

Eh, Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul previews are usually carefully crafted to be misleading and intriguing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't stop thinking about the Tom Goes to the Mayor "Gentleman's Perm" when Jimmy talks about the Spartacus hairstyle. :v:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I thought he was also trying to justify it to himself: it's totally not a bribe if he can come up with work-related explanations for the money.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Did Chuck get loving shot or just arrested?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Did Chuck get loving shot or just arrested?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Guess this is where he starts learning the laundering trade... We've seen where he gets his fondness for nail salons, now I'm waiting for the LazerTag episode.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

That was really really good TV!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Maybe I'm dumb but I don't really get what the con in the first scene was. They trick the guy into stealing a fake rolex and then what? How do they get money out of that?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't really get what the con in the first scene was. They trick the guy into stealing a fake rolex and then what? How do they get money out of that?

The guy they were scamming gave Saul 580 bucks (+ the original wallet) to even things out. They're ahead 580 bucks. Not a huge shakedown, but better than nothing if you're scraping by. They're just smarter versions of the skateboarding guys in the pilot.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

The con is that he gives Saul some money out of his own pocket to make up for the difference between the value of the (fake) watch and the value of the bait cash, IIRC

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Okay, I didn't pick up on the $580 being his own cash and not from the wallet.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. He says "You take the cash and I keep the watch" and Saul points out there's only 1000 of cash and that's a 3000 watch and that's when he starts counting out money.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Chuck's worse nightmare will be realized when strange men kick his door down and taze him, and neglect to put their phones in the mailbox. :science:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

What the hell is Chuck's problem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Last Chance posted:

The guy they were scamming gave Saul 580 bucks (+ the original wallet) to even things out. They're ahead 580 bucks. Not a huge shakedown, but better than nothing if you're scraping by. They're just smarter versions of the skateboarding guys in the pilot.

Jimmy even said it was just beer money.

I'm guessing the slipping in the winter takes care of most of the bills, with smaller cons the rest of the year to keep in beer and pot money.

• Locked thread