Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tsuyu is definitely one of the best characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gyges posted:

Props to Mineta for that con. Though I do have to question the sexiness of American school cheerleader uniforms. Maybe you have to not be desensitized to it?

It's not the uniform that's sexy. It's how you wear it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:vince:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

chumbler posted:

Also possible, I just forgot about him. I don't think he'd work as well since he's as immature as Bakugou is. But then maybe that would mean he'd be more effective at calling him out. Man, Bakugou is such an interesting character, and I really look forward to seeing how he develops. I guess I'm starting to see why Vegetas are always popular.

I'm not so hot on him, he seems a lot more like a Sasuke than a Vegeta.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
In my mind, I can't help but imagine Todoroki being voiced by Dante Basco. It's just too perfect.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DrSunshine posted:

In my mind, I can't help but imagine Todoroki being voiced by Dante Basco. It's just too perfect.

"Why am I so bad at being good?" :smith:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Damnit Fire dad! I thought you'd be cool!

Loving how the creator took the time during Todoroki's exposition to have some fun with the rest of the cast.
Same with the expression on Bakugou. He seems really great at letting his art speak for himself.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bakugou is kinda starting to realize he's got it pretty loving good.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

sharktamer posted:

I'm not so hot on him, he seems a lot more like a Sasuke than a Vegeta.

...what? No. This manga's Sasuke is clearly Todoroki. I hope that turns out wrong, though.

No manga deserves a Sasuke. :smith:

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
^ Good thing he's nothing like Sasuke then. The fact that he's always cautios enough not to hurt others already puts him in completely different dimension. Not to mention that he set the goal to become #1 with his own power, not taken from Orochimaru someone else and I'm pretty sure nothing will change it.

MrCinos fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 24, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MrCinos posted:

^ Good thing he's nothing like Sasuke then. The fact that he's always cautios enough not to hurt others already puts him in completely different dimension. Not to mention that he set the goal to become #1 with his own power, not taken from Orochimaru someone else and I'm pretty sure nothing will change it.

Hell, his goal is technically to become #1 with only half his power.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell, his goal is technically to become #1 with only half his power.
Calling it now, he'll have the revelation his father's powers don't define him and go whole hog on some top tier bad guy.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Omake chapter with more character profiles, including:

Navelgun, in "Civilian Clothes" (Likes: Himself)

Tooru, "Tastefully Nude"

Tsuyu, in "Winter Ensemble" (She's sensitive to the cold)

Grapeboy, dressed to go "Out on the Town" (Likes: Girls) (Also, the mangaka explains how he passed the entrance exam for Yuuei Academy)

No. 13, in "Hero Costume"

Ojiro aka "Tail Boy", in "Civilian Clothes" (His quirk is that he has a strong, sturdy tail. That's it. That's all there is to his powers)

Present Mic, in "Hero Costume"

Todoroki, in "Civilian Clothes" (Likes: Cold soba)

Yaoyozoru, in "Relatively Casual" clothes (Clarified that she can create any substance including organic substances, as long as it's not a living thing)

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 25, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Frog Girl is 5-foot nothing which is almost taller than I expected. Perspective is weird.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that link isn't working for me :(

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tollymain posted:

that link isn't working for me :(

Fixed my link. I hadn't closed the tag. Try again. Apologies for inconvenience

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh, so tooru's quirk is a little more complicated than invisibility i guess?

e: no. 13 has chicken legs :haw:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tollymain posted:

huh, so tooru's quirk is a little more complicated than invisibility i guess?

e: no. 13 has chicken legs :haw:

There's more to her than meets the eye.

:v:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

Ojiro aka "Tail Boy", in "Civilian Clothes" (His quirk is that he has a strong, sturdy tail. That's it. That's all there is to his powers)

Now that I think about it, Ojiro has got to be the underdog of underdogs in Yuuei Academy. His classmates and competitors in the tournament can create fire and ice; create any object out of any materials; make explosions; have a sentient shadow-bird companion; nullify gravity; shoot tape out of their elbows; emit lightning; harden their entire body; shoot lasers; spray acid; move at hyper-speed; or have the same ability as the No. 1 Hero in the world. All Ojiro has is a strong, sturdy tail.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 25, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair we haven't seen just how strong his tail is. If it's like gorilla-arm type strong he's probably better in a straight-up fight than around half the class.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Oh man, winter Tsuyu is just adorable :3:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

JosephWongKS posted:

Now that I think about it, Ojiro has got to be the underdog of underdogs in Yuuei Academy. His classmates and competitors in the tournament can create fire and ice; create any object out of any materials; make explosions; have a sentient shadow-bird companion; nullify gravity; shoot tape out of their elbows; emit lightning; harden their entire body; shoot lasers; spray acid; move at hyper-speed; or have the same ability as the No. 1 Hero in the world. All Ojiro has is a strong, sturdy tail.

Ojiro is the fuckin coolest and I hope he does well in the tournament. He's basically Ryu, dude just loves martial arts and training,

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

JosephWongKS posted:

To be fair, the majority of the time Deku has less than that - at least, for the moment. He managed to win the first event without any kind of quirk at all for instance - just a well trained body, intelligence and some guts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just noticed that Todoroki likes soba noodles, which are eaten cold.

That's.....that's a really nice touch.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I'm absolutely in love with this series' character designs. I kind of want to see more superpowered shenanigans in everyday situations - seems really fun with this cast.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Torquemadras posted:

I'm absolutely in love with this series' character designs. I kind of want to see more superpowered shenanigans in everyday situations - seems really fun with this cast.

The costume design, the variance in faces and expressions, and the way he conveys action all have me really hooked on this, dude is a really solid artist

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Raws are out and the tournament line up is decided; matchups are interesting to say the least.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Raws are out and the tournament line up is decided; matchups are interesting to say the least.

Mind throwing them up in spoiler form?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Laughing Zealot posted:

Mind throwing them up in spoiler form?

tail guy and that one nervous class B guy with the huge eyes drop out. tetsutetsu and thorn-hair girl added to the roster in their stead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

red plastic cup posted:

tail guy and that one nervous class B guy with the huge eyes drop out.
Boooo, hissss, refund.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wasn't expecting Deku and Todoroki in the same bracket. Uraraka against Bakugou should be good, and much as I want navel laser to win, I think I'd rather see Yaoyorozu take the whole thing. Either she or Bakugou seem most likely to take that half.

I will probably be entirely wrong and the winner will be thorn hair or ant girl, though! Should be fun regardless.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the plus side, there are at least 3 fights in that first round that are going to be utterly phenomenal

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Remember that after this final event, the winner(s) (multiple people I imagine) go on to compete in an open series of events with the sophomore and senior classes.

That's the only reason I think Midoriya doesn't get knocked out of the tournament, but I really just can't see him making it to the end the more I look at it. He's going to HAVE to blast someone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm really interested to see how he's going to beat a mind control quirk in a one-on-one fight.

Also tape guy gonna get wrecked.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

red plastic cup posted:

tail guy and that one nervous class B guy with the huge eyes drop out. tetsutetsu and thorn-hair girl added to the roster in their stead.

I want Uraraka to kick Bakugou's rear end.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 26, 2015

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i imagine that the mind control guy isn't nearly so good at his deal when you're not distracted by a bunch of other competitors

if anything i figure he's at a disadvantage in this event

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

on the one hand you're revealing a spoilered image, but on the other it's so dang small i can't see anybody actually being able to figure anything out from it so :haw:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu is one of the most obvious fights that's ever happened in shonen and yet I'm so goddamn excited.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah it's gonna be great i can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I want Uraraka to kick Bakugou's rear end.

It'd be fantastic if this happens, but I am kind of expecting her to get horribly mauled, not least because Bakugou's got some character-important match ups later on, like against his hardening buddy. On an unrelated note, holy poo poo that poor C-List bastard going up against Todoroki in his first round. How many fractions of a second do you think he'll last?