Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Further musings on The Order...

I am now at Chapter 15 of 26. For an Alt-History Steampunk setting, the guns have (so far) been EXTREMELY tame, (and very few.)

There are things to pick up and look at from time to time, but nearly all of them are just pointless photos and news clippings. It's like RAD just wanted to show off their item-modeling.

[edit] Also there is one stealth section about halfway through that is SO poorly designed you will have to replay it several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My girlfriend went shopping with her mother today. They went to Wal-Mart to get some hair dye. GF's mother stopped by Electronics to pick up The Order. According to my gf this conversation actually happened:

Walmart Drone: You know this game is only 6 hours long right?
GF's mom: That's fine, when I'm done I'll just give it to her.

So in a couple days I'll probably get to experience the glorious Order: 1886 for myself (and then trade it in for Majora's Mask 3D :v: )

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Feenix posted:

Further musings on The Order...

I am now at Chapter 15 of 26. For an Alt-History Steampunk setting, the guns have (so far) been EXTREMELY tame, (and very few.)

There are things to pick up and look at from time to time, but nearly all of them are just pointless photos and news clippings. It's like RAD just wanted to show off their item-modeling.

[edit] Also there is one stealth section about halfway through that is SO poorly designed you will have to replay it several times.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's only 16 chapters. And that stealth section is near the end of the game. The good news is Best Buy is giving 30% more on trade-ins right now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

caelxii posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's only 16 chapters. And that stealth section is near the end of the game. The good news is Best Buy is giving 30% more on trade-ins right now.

Gamefly, no sweat. I thought I read 26. I'd be fine with it being over. It's been entertaining, in a manner of speaking.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you guys find just about any part where enemies had explosives extremely annoying? Anytime they have rockets or mortars or whatever I seem to die out of nowhere 10 times before I get the right guy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NESguerilla posted:

Did you guys find just about any part where enemies had explosives extremely annoying? Anytime they have rockets or mortars or whatever I seem to die out of nowhere 10 times before I get the right guy.

Yes. Ultra annoying.

And yep, I just finished the game. Eh, whatever. It was 2 sittings of decent fun. I'd love to know what my game time was. I guarantee it was NOT 8 hours.

I will say I liked that no one is really mustache-twirlingly evil. You don't see that in games much anymore.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

precision posted:

My girlfriend went shopping with her mother today. They went to Wal-Mart to get some hair dye. GF's mother stopped by Electronics to pick up The Order. According to my gf this conversation actually happened:

Walmart Drone: You know this game is only 6 hours long right?
GF's mom: That's fine, when I'm done I'll just give it to her.

So in a couple days I'll probably get to experience the glorious Order: 1886 for myself (and then trade it in for Majora's Mask 3D :v: )

Are you 11? How the gently caress old is your girlfriends mom where she wants to play the order

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

rear end Catchcum posted:

Are you 11? How the gently caress old is your girlfriends mom where she wants to play the order

Home video game consoles have been part of people's lives for almost 40 years now. Unless you're specifically making a joke about The Order being bad or only interesting to young people, in which case I have no rebuttal.

But yeah there are like people who are 50 and 60 that play video games. :monocle:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I knew someone who's mom played World of Warcraft, they were in their 60s.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If anything, a linear corridor game that you mostly watch makes more sense for older people

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is anyone able to download Resident Evil Revelations? I had it purchased but it doesn't seem to actually allow me to grab it despite the PS3 one being up already and it supposedly having a midnight launch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm seeing people play it on Live from PlayStation so I assume it must be downloadable.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

precision posted:

But yeah there are like people who are 50 and 60 that play video games. :monocle:

My dad turns 70 this year and he was working for EA on FIFA as recently as 8 years ago.

Of course I was older than most of his co-workers...

Also there are no hard parts in The Order. Besides trying to read the tiny print on the newspapers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm seeing people play it on Live from PlayStation so I assume it must be downloadable.

It looks like I got it but I had to restore my licenses and then manually start it downloading from the webstore.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Is anyone able to download Resident Evil Revelations? I had it purchased but it doesn't seem to actually allow me to grab it despite the PS3 one being up already and it supposedly having a midnight launch.
You mean 2? Is the first episode out now? I'm eager to hear impressions.

edit: I liked the first one but not enough to plunge into this one without hearing about it first.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 24, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I meant 2. The first episode hit tonight with one each week hereafter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I forgot to pre order RE rev 2. The bonus stuff is for anyone who gets the season pass right? I don't want to miss out on the raid mode stuff.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I liked the first one but not enough to plunge into this one without hearing about it first.

Just finished the story content. Took about 2 hours. It plays very similarly to the first one. Going to dig into Raid mode now.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Just finished the story content. Took about 2 hours. It plays very similarly to the first one. Going to dig into Raid mode now.

I don't know what it is but it isn't clicking. Combat just seems janky with no heft to it. Playing it solo, the character switch stuff really gets on my nerves. Cruise ship was a way better setting, too.

Also, holy poo poo Moira has the worst lines ever. And that's in a series with stuff like "master of unlocking"

(I do get that RE1's script is actually very good schlock and I will always love if for that.)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe I'll wait until the whole thing is out and then decide. When will that be?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe I'll wait until the whole thing is out and then decide. When will that be?

March 18th I believe. That's when the physical release is, too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sprat Sandwich posted:

March 18th I believe. That's when the physical release is, too.
Oh wow, really short release schedule compared to a Telltale game or whatever. Why make it episodic in the first place then?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh wow, really short release schedule compared to a Telltale game or whatever. Why make it episodic in the first place then?

…Capcom?

phayze5
Feb 1, 2005
I went to put my ps4 in rest mode and it became stuck on the pulsing orange light. Is this still a thing? I thought they fixed that.

phayze5 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 24, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

The entire thing is already done except for last minute polish. Capcom made it episodic as an experiment.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Rogue Legacy was really fun but a also really grindy, finished NG+ but NG++ is ridiculously hard!

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

It looks like I got it but I had to restore my licenses and then manually start it downloading from the webstore.

This didn't work for me. I'd get an error when trying to restore licenses. Apparently this happened to a lot of people with DB Xenoverse and RE Revelations 2.

I'll post the workaround I saw on the playstation support forums in case anyone else is having issues: Use the web store. There should be 3 listings for RE Rev 2. You want to select the one that's called RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2. It should be 6.1 GB. The other listing is for the complete season pass, that is what's causing the error apparently. You can't dl it at all. The other listing is the DLC Raid stage, that should work. Pick just those two and download to your PS4. It should start right away.

I've got the DLC stage and the main game downloading to my PS4 now, should be done in another hour or so so I'll update if that actually worked. Also the DB Xenoverse bonus was showing as "waiting" but then it changed to "playable" but I never got a notice about it on my PS4. I better not get screwed out of my extra dress up options :argh:

EDIT

dl'ing from the web store worked. Hopefully they clear up the issue with the season pass before next week.

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 24, 2015

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

rear end Catchcum posted:

I am 42 with 3 teenagers, and not only do I play video games, but I post on message boards about video games. Most forty-somethings took part in the first home console generation.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I'm getting distorted sound from my PS4, but only on certain Blu-rays and DVDs. It's not happening on any games that I have noticed, though I haven't been gaming a lot on it.

The distortion is really noticeable on Led Zeppelin's "DVD" and my Blu-ray of Dream Theater Live at the Budokan, and it's there regardless of whether I have the sound set to stereo or 5.1. The issue is not there on my Blu-ray of Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains the Same, or my Blu-ray of the broadway cast of Rent.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this? It's frustrating the hell out of me, given its apparent erratic nature and its prevention of me enjoying certain discs.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I'm getting distorted sound from my PS4, but only on certain Blu-rays and DVDs. It's not happening on any games that I have noticed, though I haven't been gaming a lot on it.

The distortion is really noticeable on Led Zeppelin's "DVD" and my Blu-ray of Dream Theater Live at the Budokan, and it's there regardless of whether I have the sound set to stereo or 5.1. The issue is not there on my Blu-ray of Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains the Same, or my Blu-ray of the broadway cast of Rent.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this? It's frustrating the hell out of me, given its apparent erratic nature and its prevention of me enjoying certain discs.

You sure it isn't your audio equipment or tv that's the problem? I have Led Zep's 'DVD', I can check mine if you give me a track/timecode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a cop posted:

You'll get like $50 worth of games you actually want to play on ps4. Resogun and Injustice made it worth it for me this year so far, it's mostly lovely indies though (im sure theres lots of people who like some psplus games besides resogun and injustice but I Think they all suck dick)

That's fine, because you should never pay more than $40 for it.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

MZ posted:

You sure it isn't your audio equipment or tv that's the problem? I have Led Zep's 'DVD', I can check mine if you give me a track/timecode.

It's everything on Led Zep DVD that sounds bad!

Here's the weird thing. I've just A/B'd the sound between TV speakers and the bookshelf speakers connected to my amp, and it's not doing it with the TV speakers. But the distortion is still only there with certain discs, and not at all from non-PS4 sources, which means it can't just be that the amp or speakers are screwed.

I have a cable from the TV's audio output going to the RCA input on the back of my amp (Naim Nait 5). Through this connection my satellite box sounds fine, as does most stuff from the PS4, with some glaring exceptions.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

dat one portagee posted:

For those that have played the dragon age games how does inquisition compare to origins? I'm considering buying it while its on sale.

DA:I is fine as long as you don't play it like Skyrim. Because despite all their efforts, Bioware made a really loving dull and lifeless open world that is not worth exploring in the least. If you try to play through it as quickly as possible instead of being a completionist nut you will enjoy the game more and can always go back in the post game to explore crap if you really want to.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I saw an Order 1886 commercial on Hulu last night. They had three critic quotes on the commercial, and literally all of them were "It looks really good!" I laughed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Takoluka posted:

I saw an Order 1886 commercial on Hulu last night. They had three critic quotes on the commercial, and literally all of them were "It looks really good!" I laughed.
I remember a PS3 ad from some time ago where a guy was like "my girlfriend keeps thinking it's a movie!" (referring to Uncharted). I guess for some people, that's exactly what they want. Or think their girlfriend wants, or something.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Takoluka posted:

Once I saw that IGN said it "visually looks phenomenal" I was sold.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

"my girlfriend keeps thinking it's a movie!"

everythingwrongwithaaagames.txt

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Genocyber posted:

everythingwrongwithaaagames.txt

personally, I hope action movies start having a HUD for bullets and and health and things.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

nate fisher posted:

I am 42 with 3 teenagers, and not only do I play video games, but I post on message boards about video games. Most forty-somethings took part in the first home console generation.
Yeah, I'm 43. Don't have kids, but it's entirely possible I could have an adult child to pass on my buyer's remorse purchases to! My sister is a couple years older than me, in the same boat and my mom gave her and her boyfriend a PS4 for Christmas. I'm not great at twitch shooters like CoD (I play them but I'm not exceptionally good) but I've helped goons on low-level DaS runs and can easily carry bad teams on ME3's MP. Also I'm a woman which is extra weird I guess but fun when people find out.

Olds play videogames too, damnit! :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Picked up the new Dragon Ball Z game from GameStop and didn't get a steel case. :( oh well I'm excited to play the game.

• Locked thread