Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jsor posted:

I've never watched them before, but I think I'll give it a go for Streets of Rage. Though I only ever had the first one. I spent a lot of time playing that and Golden Axe.

You're in luck! Kimble's done a Golden Axe retrospective too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2XMXpqZnOQ

I've played GA3 on that Genesis compilation they released a few years back and it's...not terrible. The graphics are middle of the road Genesis and it's nothing spectacular, but it's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The Matrix Series would be great for Plinkett to review.

Plinkett should review the Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars prequels.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

OldTennisCourt posted:

Kimble Justice did his Streets of Rage retrospective a little while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLPfL4jsZvg

Streets of Rage might be my favorite Genesis game series, I played 2 constantly and 3 a lot too. I was never a fan of 1, I guess the lack of enemy health bars kind of bugged me.

Oh man, I don't have time to watch this right now, but I didn't even own a Genesis and I looooooved Streets of Rage. Played it at a friends house.

Hey Sega, stop making GBS threads out stupid Sonic games and bring back Streets of Rage.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
They apparently released some sort of recent Golden Axe. I saw the box in stores but didn't go near it because I was afraid. So it's possible...

OldTennisCourt posted:

You're in luck! Kimble's done a Golden Axe retrospective too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2XMXpqZnOQ

I've played GA3 on that Genesis compilation they released a few years back and it's...not terrible. The graphics are middle of the road Genesis and it's nothing spectacular, but it's okay.

I've only played Genesis GA1, and I'll admit that no matter how many times I've played it I never beat it. The last boss is some real bullshit.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 24, 2015

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I saw the Ishtar trailer in a dream and am not sure how to feel about it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey the RLM thread in GBS is much better except for their hatred of Jack for some reason. :colbert:

I dunno he doesn't seem to contribute much in discussions and he's made stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

I mean I don't mind him personally, but I can see how people wouldn't like him on the show

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I don't know if this is horrible or brilliant.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

lornekates posted:

Plinkett should review the Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars prequels.

He did do a "special edition" of his Phantom Menace review when it was rereleased in 3D.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Rebochan posted:

New Baywatching went up on Patreon. I'm going to be very sad when Billy Warlock finally leaves the show and I lose my regular dose of Eddie abuse.

By the way, Allison, thanks for bringing up the weird plot hole about Eddie's living situation!

The actor's name was Billy Warlock? BILLY WARLOCK?

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

gently caress it, I made time. I don't watch a lot of gamer shows, period. But if all the videos are going to be this good, I have SERIOUSLY neglected Kim Justice, and right now, if you are reading this, I am going to apologize for not watching your show before. All of a sudden it was the 90s again and I was at my buddy's house again.

Lichtenstein posted:

I saw the Ishtar trailer in a dream and am not sure how to feel about it.

I think it's wonderful.

Infamous Sphere posted:

The actor's name was Billy Warlock? BILLY WARLOCK?

Yup. A name he could never live up to (stealing a joke from Baywatching.)

And this is what he was up to BEFORE Baywatch...

Yep. He was the REPLACEMENT SCOTT BAIO.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

I had a blog about ten years ago in which I made a joke about Mary-Kate and Ashley movies. Some dude I’d never heard of came to my blog and explained (in ten paragraphs) why I shouldn’t joke about the Olsens, who were basically the embodiment of wicked capitalism because of Wal*Mart or something.

I wonder if that guy is still out there, still fighting.

EDIT: Oh, and this Olsen-related Plinkett video ties the thread together nicely.

echopapa fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 24, 2015

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Goon favourite Kyle made a new video.

Also, all I knew about the MK&A Olsen is that they had a sitcom and it was really poo poo.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

This was a fun watch! I actually vaguely remember a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie being shown at my cousin's house when I was a kid (she was all excited about it, and I was visiting for her birthday I want to say). I don't remember making it through 20 minutes before I wasn't paying attention anymore, and I was like 7 at the time.

Tired Moritz posted:

Goon favourite Kyle made a new video.

I'd like to point out how great it was that, after this treatise, Orson Welles took a role as a villain in a children's cartoon designed to sell toys. These are always great to watch, and always make me think.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
SFDebris has a new episode up on Stargate Atlantis' Duet. It's interesting because I remember finding the episode fairly funny, but after watching his review I realize how it was actually pretty horrifying. Though I do disagree that just because the Goa'uld are horrible monsters worse than death that it necessarily follows that a similar but very different situation can't be funny instead.

A malevolent parasite and a vampire transporter accident can both result in the overpowering of your consciousness by another being, but the differences are still fairly large. Also nice of both Jack and Rodney to use the Stargate to overcome the situation. Though it didn't work out nearly so well for Kowalski and the Goa'uld when Jack did it.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Rebochan posted:

Yup. A name he could never live up to (stealing a joke from Baywatching.)

And this is what he was up to BEFORE Baywatch...

Yep. He was the REPLACEMENT SCOTT BAIO.

There are very few who can live up to a surname Warlock.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like GBS.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PassTheRemote posted:

There are very few who can live up to a surname Warlock.

i am getting flashbacks to spoony skulldugily review. At least it one of his better ones.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DStecks posted:

p sure it was actually Jack, but please, keep making up your mind about people on the word of internet strangers

also continue to think that most people even think of the word "tranny" as a slur in the first place

Whats wrong with you

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think people are disappointed because while random people might not be up on trans rights, people like Doug and the RLM crew are on the internet where there's been more of a push for trans rights and they're expected to know better. I don't think anyone is accusing them of being awful irredeemable people for this, it's just a criticism.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't think anyone is accusing them of being awful irredeemable people for this, it's just a criticism.

You may have missed the WickedHate storm about eight pages ago.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah how dare her

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hbomberguy, GBS didn't react well to your post.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
GBS is dumb garbage.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
No gbs is better then this tumblr reject Thread. Hell this is the only thread that still give a poo poo about gg on the forum.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 24, 2015

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cyron posted:

No gbs is better then this tumblr reject Thread. Hell this is the only thread that still give a poo poo about gg on the forum.

Well, where else are the Game Grumps likely to be discussed?

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Sometimes it is cool and good to aggressivly apply critical indentity theory and the politics of language, gender and race to media. But that time is not neasecsrily "always," or "when posting about our most fave movie review nerd youtubes," ya know?

sometimes I just wanna lol at my youtubes

I am a dumb and 'problematic' monster

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

You are adorable.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Cyron posted:

I thought you said you were leaving.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TheMaestroso posted:

You may have missed the WickedHate storm about eight pages ago.

I looked back at it. Correction: there is one person calling Doug a horrible person for saying a slur followed by a bunch of people dogpiling on that person for unrelated dumb stuff they've said in the past.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DStecks posted:

I thought you said you were leaving.

I been posting in this thread for a good bit and was Quoted quite a few times. I was also proboided due to the last conflict. i hosed up. Can we move on.

i will just stick to talking about critics. Like this thread was before it turn to Hbomberguy tumblr.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 24, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I'm looking for a recommendation on game critics, since I'm rather new to watching them. I've been watching ProJared for awhile, and I like the way he does things. Is there any more like his?

The Giggler
Nov 6, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

GBS functions as a 'safe haven' from 'SJW fuckers', who are trying to take over the internet. By saying incredibly stupid poo poo and being racist for a joke but don't worry it is just a joke how could you imply otherwise I've always known to treat people equally all my life you jew haha lol (dont worry thats a joke too), they're actually protecting our freedoms. By saying mean poo poo pointlessly, you are proving you're free, by spiting the people who want to take away your freedom to say it, even if you don't actually mean it. I say 'even if', but when you corner these people and ask them their actual politics, it's invariable been one of two things. Either 'I have no idea' or 'I think patriarchy works really well and was better for everyone, and Hitler really did have a few good ideas if you think about it'.

Translation: Sad people who are frustrated about the world trying depserately to be recognised by either saying something they don't believe as a joke, or saying something they do believe as a joke. It's the very-specifically 8chan -style mindset where freedom is the goal, but - how strange! - it appears to mostly be the freedom to talk to no end about how The Bad People are taking over.

I just now went to the regular politics board of 8Chan, and one of the top threads, the 'Cultural Art thread', is titled like so:
'In this thread, let us celebrate the Art of the Human race before it's turned into Communist Dykes making GBS threads and bleeding on sheets and declaring it to be art.'

It's an obvious thing to notice, but the thread is just a bunch of contextless old paintings. There's no discussion of what makes them good or the artist's names. It's the exact sort of art appreciation you'd expect from a tiny right wing website masquerading as the last bastion of community freedoms. The whole website reads like this, a miserable attempt to not look like what it is, by having threads purely designed to look more like a community and make a website of bitter weirdoes who can't justify their ideas in a straightforward manner easier to swallow. Nothing is enjoyed for its own sake and everything becomes about the SJWs. 'Now THEY can't say we don't do this, because we did! We're spiting the theoretical people who are foolish and stupid and yet somehow have completely taken over! Ironic Hitler Meme!'

It's a hilarious website. It's proof that the SJWs/'chimps'/dykes they fear have taken over the internet so completely that, even when the discussion isn't about them, it's about them.

I follow GamerGate to an unhealthy degree as a hobby, but Jesus Christ you should go and see a prostitute or something.

Colgate posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation on game critics, since I'm rather new to watching them. I've been watching ProJared for awhile, and I like the way he does things. Is there any more like his?

Lazygamereviews and PushingupRoses are pretty good. The humour doesn't always work, but their videos are very informative.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Colgate posted:

BrutalMoose and Caddicarus are both pretty similar in style.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I liked this thread better before cyron started posting.

oh wait.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hbomberguy is easily the best poster in this thread.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I'm so good I make people think of sex, apparently.

The Giggler posted:

I follow GamerGate to an unhealthy degree as a hobby, but Jesus Christ you should go and see a prostitute or something.
You're welcome!

I don't read GBS obsessively enough to track responses to my posts, but it's the exact sort of behaviour I feel my post predicts. GBS is a place for free speech where we can say bad words for fun and there's no PC Police - but instead of using this freedom to be funny and entertaining it seems to be being used to talk about the people they were trying to be free of. Get ahead of the curb, gibblies! People have been calling my posting bad in this very thread for months!

e: Oh wow they're talking about my old lets plays instead of making any salient counterpoints I can't wait to see to see a fruitful respones that makes me rethink anything I've said at all!!!

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 24, 2015

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

prahanormal posted:

I liked this thread better before cyron started posting.

oh wait.

I did nothing wrong for a month. i don't want to be bullied for talking about internet critics on the internet critics Thread.

I am started to get a panic attack please leave me alone.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 24, 2015

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Cyron posted:

I did nothing wrong for a month. i don't want to be bullied for talking about internet critics on the internet critics Thread.

The 31st of January is significantly less than a month ago.

Being probated is not being "bullied." That's moderation enforcing rules.

You were probated specifically for harassing others. Or "bullying," if you prefer.

GAR-
BAGE
DICK

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Is this the oasis? Yea, look at the birds.

Are those vultures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jay O posted:

The 31st of January is significantly less than a month ago.

Being probated is not being "bullied." That's moderation enforcing rules.

You were probated specifically for harassing others. Or "bullying," if you prefer.

GAR-
BAGE
DICK

please i am sorry. I am begging you . I am mentally ill. I was not right when i attacked you. I was wrong and deserve that probation. just stop dog pileing on me.

• Locked thread