Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anime is made better by being even more over the top. Also has better pacing. Watch the dub for glorious Brad Swaile ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also has a pretty solid soundtrack as well. There's not that much different between the manga and anime so go with the anime.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The anime is better, yeah. One of those few rare ones.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Fair enough then. I'm in luck too since they just re-released the entire series last November so I can get it all super cheap compared to what I would have had to fork out getting the old sets.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Watch the live action movies so you can see Chairman Kaga save the world.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I really, really like the ballroom dancers manga, but I really hope the male characters gets some comeuppance for treating the female characters like tools.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

death note is gay

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's just very gay.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Death Note is pretty cool if you watch to the end of the first "season" and then watch a cut scene on youtube, and pretend that's the ending.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I really, really like the ballroom dancers manga, but I really hope the male characters gets some comeuppance for treating the female characters like tools.

lol

----------------

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Death Note is pretty cool if you watch to the end of the first "season" and then watch a cut scene on youtube, and pretend that's the ending.

Second part of Death Note is also good actually

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's crap. Peace out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's not crap. But the ending was botched.

Death Note Ending spoilers

N and M only "won" because The dude who had otherwise listened and followed Lights orders perfectly and exactly decided to break that blind faith randomly and without being forced to.

It just felt cheap to me.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Yeah, that bugs me too. It feels like the female characters are only there because they are required to in order for the ballroom dancing setting to work. They're never portrayed as skillful dancers (like the male characters are), but as desirable dance partners. That said, this is a shounen manga, so I doubt we're going to see any morality lessons about gender equality.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The ending to the Death Note movies is way better than the actual manga.

No N and M, and L wins by writing himself into the Death Note to die 30 days later, thus making it so other Death Notes won't work on him.

I can't remember the rules of the Death Note in the manga to know if that would work or not.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 24, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The manga never has a similar case but that rule seems like a fine reaper rule to prevent yoinking.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

blastron posted:

Yeah, that bugs me too. It feels like the female characters are only there because they are required to in order for the ballroom dancing setting to work. They're never portrayed as skillful dancers (like the male characters are), but as desirable dance partners. That said, this is a shounen manga, so I doubt we're going to see any morality lessons about gender equality.

Yeah, I certainly don't expect it to happen. It would just be nice.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I finished Biscuit Hammer, and I gotta say that I found the ending pretty drat fulfilling. It wrapped things up nicely, and the second last chapter was shounen as gently caress in a really cool way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you haven't already pick up Spirit Circle, it was close for a while but I'd say it's currently a better overall work than Biscuit Hammer.

There was a new chapter of that burning girlfriend mystery manga I posted about earlier: Haru no Houtai Shoujo 16 What a twerp. Still think that the dude is a red herring, or at least wasn't responsible for the fire that killed that girl's family.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i read up to the part where he was a samurai in spirit circle. does it get better from there? i wasnt super impressed.

----------------

coathat
May 21, 2007

Not really

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

HiveCommander posted:

I finished Biscuit Hammer, and I gotta say that I found the ending pretty drat fulfilling. It wrapped things up nicely, and the second last chapter was shounen as gently caress in a really cool way.
It is drat great. I just got the second omnibus in the mail, and they did a great job with the localization. It's well worth picking up!

Spirit Circle is also hella great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i read up to the part where he was a samurai in spirit circle. does it get better from there? i wasnt super impressed.
Don't know what to tell you Dick, samurai arc is probably my favorite. Though the two after it are really trippy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lafalle has got to be mine. That ending, holy poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, the ending to the Lafalle arc is pretty god drat great

coathat
May 21, 2007

The flowers of evil guy has a new series. http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/happiness-oshimi-shuzo-r14710

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i think ive read enough of this author's works and i can safely conclude that he really wants to have sex with a high school aged girl

----------------

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's his kokoro wish.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I used to like vampire stuff but now I think it's boring, this included

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Sengoku Youko is better than Lucifer and the Biscuit hammer and Spirit Circle imo

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey more AIKI-S chapters :laugh:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Jose posted:

Sengoku Youko is better than Lucifer and the Biscuit hammer and Spirit Circle imo
It's well executed and fun, but SY is much more 'safe' manga. It's an Inuyasha knockoff in generic magical feudal japan, but the solid characters and lively illustration do lift it up. It only really came into it's own once it bumped off its not-Inuyasha and switched protagonists.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Squidster posted:

It's well executed and fun, but SY is much more 'safe' manga. It's an Inuyasha knockoff in generic magical feudal japan, but the solid characters and lively illustration do lift it up. It only really came into it's own once it bumped off its not-Inuyasha and switched protagonists.

Yeah I agree, the second half is much better than the first.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Allarion posted:

Also has a pretty solid soundtrack as well. There's not that much different between the manga and anime so go with the anime.

The Death Note OST is pretty much perfect and if I say that about anything related to manga/anime ever again I will eat my fruit hat.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Silento posted:

Yeah I agree, the second half is much better than the first.

I kinda miss rock girl though. Especially since they know a bunch of land gods who could probably fix her.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Well, time to give Spirit Circle a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

You guys were right, Spirit Circle owns :black101:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

HiveCommander posted:

You guys were right, Spirit Circle owns :black101:
You're god-drat right.

You might also enjoy the same author's comedy series Angel Onayami Soudanjo - it's about a blue-collar angel helping people overcome everyday problems.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 26, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cheers! I'll check that one out next, the 5 chapters released so far won't take too long though, I'm already up to date on SC :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Have any of you read the series Soul Catcher(S)?