Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

Does the RD version come with the option for the long beam saber/bayonet thingy off the beam rifles? That's another thing I was a little sad about with the HGUC.

The System Weapon version of the Hyper Mega Launcher does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh huh, RG 00R will come with GN Condensors. I was honestly expecting that to be a web exclusive.

Guess Bandai realized that not many people would be clamoring for a gn condensor version.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

Guess Bandai realized that not many people would be clamoring for a gn condensor version.

Nah, the web exclusive's going to be the TRANS-AM version.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think trans-am versions are what killed 00 kits numbers, really almost every suit has an exact double.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tenzarin posted:

I think trans-am versions are what killed 00 kits numbers, really almost every suit has an exact double.

00 really drove the idea of recolor kits into the ground, almost every kit had a transam version, there were multiple custom scheme recolors for minor characters nobody gave a poo poo about, all the gundams had a "designer color" version and at least two of them had alternate greyscale "roll-out" recolors on top of that. Add all of the minor retool 00MSV releases that were coming out concurrently you had a total clusterfuck of 00 saturation.

And the worst part is that all the designs were dope as gently caress but bandai's minimal lack of return means that like 99% of them will never get a second run :negative:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

We're never going to get a Masurao without exploding hips or a Flag that actually uses polycaps :smith:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Real Mode Star Winning, using stickers vs. painting.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
No human will get it that good with stickers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Why would you paint dull green over the clear parts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ka0 posted:

Why would you paint dull green over the clear parts.

I think it's just the lighting on the second kit.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The stickered one is unlined so it will look slightly better.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bring on MG Shenlong to finish me off :hellyeah:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a better picture of the Crossbone X1 Ver.GBF up, and I was wondering what's different from the original X1 Full Cloth. I've seen what it looks like, and as far as I can tell they're both about same.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The difference is that it probably won't have the regular X1's effect parts runner (which isn't actually a problem since you can just form the zanbuster and call it a day), or the X1 Custom's extra weapons. The inevitable webshop exclusive might be nice enough to throw in I-field effect parts too, but I doubt it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope bandai keeps up with the 3 team kits like the science team or that sd hydra. That's how they should sell the same kit more then once, unlike trans-am colors.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The difference is that it probably won't have the regular X1's effect parts runner (which isn't actually a problem since you can just form the zanbuster and call it a day), or the X1 Custom's extra weapons. The inevitable webshop exclusive might be nice enough to throw in I-field effect parts too, but I doubt it.

Wow, that really does not bode well for Lucas getting any kind of good showing onscreen if the designers are not even willing to fork out for a proper unique custom kit for him.

Tenzarin posted:

I hope bandai keeps up with the 3 team kits like the science team or that sd hydra. That's how they should sell the same kit more then once, unlike trans-am colors.

I like them too, and I hope they do more of them :allears:. Well aside from the SD Hydra, it's pretty cheap and nasty-looking.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The X1 Custom Custom has so much poo poo going on already it doesn't even need a custom version to have more than enough stuff for a good fight.

Though X1 Custom Custom Custom sounds funny.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So if I want a model of the GP03, do I want the HGUC or the MG?
I know the MG is old and pretty much a 1/100 HG in terms of engineering? But is there anything that makes the HGUC much better a choice?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The HG can actually pose with its bazooka?

Also the Dendrobium's there if you ever go completely insane.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edit: ^^:argh:

It begins :getin:

Zedd posted:

I know the MG is old and pretty much a 1/100 HG in terms of engineering? But is there anything that makes the HGUC much better a choice?

Definitely go for the HG, because it has one accessory that makes it totally worth it. :kheldragar:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

where'd you get this? I'm a big dumb idiot and I'm willing to spend a large amount to get my hands on a mg tallgeese III.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

where'd you get this? I'm a big dumb idiot and I'm willing to spend a large amount to get my hands on a mg tallgeese III.

I preordered mine from Gentei Kits back in October of last year, so can't help you there. It'll totally show up on Amazon at some point in the future there, most popular web exclusives make their way there eventually.

Edit: There's a bunch on eBay though. Unsurprisingly http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251830603852?lpid=82&chn=ps

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 24, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The sculpt isn't as good, but Dragon Momoko released a 3rd party Tallgeese III earlier. It comes with effect parts for the gun and the whip as well.

As an example of what I mean by the sculpt,

here's a shot of the side of the DM TGIII head,

and here's Bandai's.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 24, 2015

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Zedd posted:

Definitely the HG, the MG was garbage-tier when it was new and time hasn't improved it. I bet we'll get a new one in the next couple of years anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Definitely go for the HG, because it has one accessory that makes it totally worth it. :kheldragar:

If you go for that immediately it comes with the HG GP03.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

The sculpt isn't as good, but Dragon Momoko released a 3rd party Tallgeese III earlier. It comes with effect parts for the gun and the whip as well.

Bah. You finally got me. Delivery due between march 12 and 26th.

I don't even like tallgeese. But that looks so good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So have you ever thought to yourself "If I got both MG 00 Raiser and 00 Seven Swords, what would I do with the leftover 00?"

Because this guy did that and is selling the leftover 00 by itself.

It doesn't come with the decals (easy to get around with, buy waterslides) or the manual (dalong). It also doesn't come with any weapons, which is a slightly bigger problem! But hey, $30 with free shipping.

If anybody decides to get this, I'd recommend grabbing a XN Raiser conversion kit. You obviously won't be able to make the XN Raiser, but you can take the swords at least.

EDIT: Oh hey, it still has the beam sabers. That's something!

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 24, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

If that had free International Shipping I would buy that thing right away. :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, sadly it would more or less double the price for me to buy it with delivery, which is a shame, cuz I'd be all over that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The X1 Custom Custom has so much poo poo going on already it doesn't even need a custom version to have more than enough stuff for a good fight.

Though X1 Custom Custom Custom sounds funny.

To be frank, it kinda does with Build Fighters. The whole premise of the show is unique spins on classic/obscure Gundams, and when all you're packing is a stock version it doesn't bode well for the pilot as a character or for it lasting in a fight. Especially when his teammates are glorified meatshields with no personality. And if we can have Arm Arms, there's no reason not to have a Custom Custom Custom :colbert:.

It's a very nice-looking kit, but they could've just released it as an HG(Whatever Crossbone era is) kit and called it a day.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

For the record, Crossbone is UC, it's late UC but it's UC nonetheless. Also woo for a Full Cloth I guess. Was never a fan of it, mostly because the sword doesn't do it for me and the crossbow definitely doesn't work for me after the beam cutlass and musket.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Okay I know you're down on Try but take a breath and get some perspective. This is the Crossbone Full Cloth. You know, the final upgrade of one of the most popular Gundam sidestories. People have been wanting to see it animated for years, and now that it's finally getting its spotlight you're going "but it's not a custom it's not good enough :qq:"?

One of the big draws of Build Fighters (and even Builders) since the very beginning was getting to see designs that we either never thought we'd see again or just never thought it would get animated. Builders gave us Hi Nu. Build Fighters gave us G Savior. And Try is giving us Full Cloth.

And that's ignoring the fact that no duh Lucas is going to lose his fight. He's going up against the designated rival team. His job is to just make the Crossbone look cool, and that has nothing to do with the fact that he's piloting a stock Full Cloth.

As for why it's Build Fighters instead of Late UC, once again it's a freaking Crossbone. Those are made for web exclusives.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 25, 2015

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Tons of new pictures for SOC Goldymarg: http://m.imgur.com/krMtgmA,GSsw9ig,Tt0klTP,CyQNLIo,MXVOYJk

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay I know you're down on Try but take a breath and get some perspective. This is the Crossbone Full Cloth. You know, the final upgrade of one of the most popular Gundam sidestories. People have been wanting to see it animated for years, and now that it's finally getting its spotlight you're going "but it's not a custom it's not good enough :qq:"?

One of the big draws of Build Fighters (and even Builders) since the very beginning was getting to see designs that we either never thought we'd see again or just never thought it would get animated. Builders gave us Hi Nu. Build Fighters gave us G Savior. And Try is giving us Full Cloth.

And that's ignoring the fact that no duh Lucas is going to lose his fight. He's going up against the designated rival team. His job is to just make the Crossbone look cool, and that has nothing to do with the fact that he's piloting a stock Full Cloth.

As for why it's Build Fighters instead of Late UC, once again it's a freaking Crossbone. Those are made for web exclusives.

Yeah, and the G-Saviour was a (very nice) two-minute cameo. I'm not saying it's bad that it's gotten screentime, just its placement. They'd get a much better showing of it going to town killing random customs/grunts in a background fight. Or hell, against literally any other team. Instead its going up against no less than three Particle-gimmick Gundams that have a very real chance of going "gently caress you, no touchies" and no-sell every weapon it has.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be frank, it kinda does with Build Fighters. The whole premise of the show is unique spins on classic/obscure Gundams, and when all you're packing is a stock version it doesn't bode well for the pilot as a character or for it lasting in a fight. Especially when his teammates are glorified meatshields with no personality. And if we can have Arm Arms, there's no reason not to have a Custom Custom Custom :colbert:.

It's a very nice-looking kit, but they could've just released it as an HG(Whatever Crossbone era is) kit and called it a day.

Powered Custom Arms Custom Powerder Custom Booster

Amazing

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Instead its going up against no less than three Particle-gimmick Gundams that have a very real chance of going "gently caress you, no touchies" and no-sell every weapon it has.

If you actually think they'd skimp off on Team Nemesis vs Gunpla Academy (literally the only big fight Gunpla Academy has before the finals) you have an even lower opinion of the show than I thought.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Is the MG Shining Gundam worth getting? I know it's an older kit, but it's one of the better ones based on the previous reviews I've seen about it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Gundam-GF13-017NJ-Shining-100-Scale/dp/B00030EUBC/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1

My Deathscythe Hell EW still isn't finished and I haven't even touched my Turn X, but it's hard for me to say no. Now I know how backlogs start. :negative:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mad Lupine posted:

Is the MG Shining Gundam worth getting? I know it's an older kit, but it's one of the better ones based on the previous reviews I've seen about it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Gundam-GF13-017NJ-Shining-100-Scale/dp/B00030EUBC/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1

My Deathscythe Hell EW still isn't finished and I haven't even touched my Turn X, but it's hard for me to say no. Now I know how backlogs start. :negative:

If it's anything like the G Gundam, it has an excellent inner frame, hell, G Gundam MGs have some of my favorite frames, with the downside being they are old so the color separation is kinda hit and miss and the frame itself requires a screwdriver for assembly but goddamn it is sturdy and posable.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In other news, today I learned that stripping off old paint also means having to prime than buff over all the scratches.

The moral of the story is that if you mess up your paint job, you better strip that stuff off right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

In other news, today I learned that stripping off old paint also means having to prime than buff over all the scratches.

Out of curiosity, how did you strip it off? I've got a HG Zaku II torso I need to strip of Tamiya spray paint since I sprayed it on too thick, and I don't really want to end up melting the plastic or only half-stripping it.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 25, 2015