Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I don't know if the other guys do, but I don't spell ANYTHING in the British style. I worked so much in QA and spoke/wrote to so many companies outside of Canada, I would just look so stupid to them spelling lots of words in a funny way. So I stopped altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Matt I have to ask are you calling the Life is Strange girl Scofield consciously or on accident

because I keep doing the same unintentionally and now it's loving with me

Prison Break has ruined me for life

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

hoobajoo posted:

It's really common slang in California, I always assume saying 'hella' is short for "this is on the West Coast" in media.

Only Northern California and San Francisco Bay I never heard that poo poo in SoCal.

Also to people saying LiS isn't as bad as David Cage writing well MAYBE NOT YET but I saw people talk to that ~sassy black teacher~ who wants you to sign a petition and she'll start talking about Blackwell being a sacred land for the Native Americans and a source of creativity and I just imagined Old Navajo Grandma slowly rolling up behind them with a big frowny face.

What I'm saying is the potential's there don't give up don't lose hope.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thing about the order 1886 is that you cannot build a game just around graphics because when other games come out that look better no one will give a gently caress about your game. People go back to older games they will ALWAYS have good gameplay.

No one should pay for that game when there's so many other games that are so much better. (gently caress I need to get around to GODHAND).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't one of the guys say upon seeing the SFV trailer with the Charlie Nash teaser in it that it was going to be Zombie Charlie? Because it's Zombie Charlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5orvxMD1dY&hd=1

It also looks way, way better than SF4.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Who's that at the end? Or is it a new guy?

I thought it was Bison but not sure

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 24, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I thought Bison too, but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be super dead at this point, unless this game is just full of zombies.

Akuma is really loving bad at murdering people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's B. Mison

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SF5 looks really bad. Also, it's Bison.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know if its his mic, but Guy sounds a lot like Geop, right down to the speaking style.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Beef Waifu posted:

It's totally Bison.
Has there ever been a SF game (besides Third Strike) without Bison in some way shape or form?

Blockhouse posted:

Matt I have to ask are you calling the Life is Strange girl Scofield consciously or on accident

It actually broke my brain when I saw the main character's surname is Caulfield. I can already tell exactly how the rest of the game is going to play out and it's making me mad already.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Rhonne posted:

I thought Bison too, but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be super dead at this point, unless this game is just full of zombies.

Akuma is really loving bad at murdering people.

I think its a running joke that Akuma hasn't actually killed anyone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

Why does it look bad?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Optimus Subprime posted:

I think its a running joke that Akuma hasn't actually killed anyone.

I'm starting to think Akuma is the Kane of Street Fighter.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
THINGS I LEARNED TODAY!

-Money solves everything!
-loving up Vanilla Ice makes you lots of money.
-Lick all unidentified substances whenever the opportunity arises.
-I should watch Adventure Time someday.
-Suge Knight is a loving crazy person.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I love watching Pat and Woolie spend like, 15 minutes crafting the perfect jacket and then never equip it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Genetic Toaster posted:

I love watching Pat and Woolie spend like, 15 minutes crafting the perfect jacket and then never equip it.

It's just too perfect to be worn.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't know if the other guys do, but I don't spell ANYTHING in the British style. I worked so much in QA and spoke/wrote to so many companies outside of Canada, I would just look so stupid to them spelling lots of words in a funny way. So I stopped altogether.

:canada:

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The Guy Cihi interview was great. He seems like he would be a Mister Rogers for the 21st century.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Rhonne posted:

Kane put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people over.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Not sure why the loif is strange has so many dislikes, matt and liam are makin fun of the game. Fun LP though

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Guy on the whole podcast or is he just in a segment of it?

Just a segment, it starts around 1:34 (according to Guy Cihi's Facebook page anyway, I didn't pay attention to the time stamp when I listened).

Thanks to his interview I also now know he has a great Youtube channel if you like goofy Silent Hill stuff.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 25, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Well that intro was creepy.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtX-kUt3BLI

I think you mean that intro was AMAZING.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 25, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Matt, the Mystery Box intro is cool as hell!

EDIT: I would be down for the WEEK OF WOOLIE.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 25, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

Why does it look bad?

It's slower than SF4 for starters just by looking at it, everything has stupid amounts of hitstun, and on top of that poo poo like the special modes where you can just fill the screen with projectiles like this is Marvel 3 is stupid. The game's obviously still really early and I liked everything I saw in the Charlie trailer, but I am not going to be excited for the game until it at least hits SF3 speed. The thing about that is though they've got plenty of time to fix stuff up and the competitive player reaction is also not incredibly favorable towards it either with even guys like Daigo not really caring for it.

Rhonne posted:

It took you this long?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I encourage you all to spam woolie's twitter to demand the week of woolie. I already own a shitbunch of the game's he's tested.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TheRealestMatt posted:

I encourage you all to spam woolie's twitter to demand the week of woolie. I already own a shitbunch of the game's he's tested.

One step ahead of you there, boss. Please tell me that his credits on MobyGames are just a highlight reel and there is some real dank horrendous poo poo that was hastily stuffed into the woolie hole/driven away in the shame car.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Out of morbid curiosity I actually mixed the end of the Armageddon video with Duel of the Fates. I am sorry to say that it did not work as well as RULES OF NATURE did with the end of the No More Heroes playthrough.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Is Woolie's birthday coming up any time soon? I think the Week of Woolie would be the perfect way to show you appreciate him.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Is Woolie's birthday coming up any time soon? I think the Week of Woolie would be the perfect way to show you appreciate him.

We missed it by a couple months. Woolie's birthday is back in December.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Kimmalah posted:

Just a segment, it starts around 1:34 (according to Guy Cihi's Facebook page anyway, I didn't pay attention to the time stamp when I listened).

Thanks to his interview I also now know he has a great Youtube channel if you like goofy Silent Hill stuff.

Yeah, like Matt said, I also wish I had a cup of cocoa while just listening to him tell stories. No wonder he got a high-quality VO gig like that. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would (never played a Silent Hill game past the first one).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I could almost picture the :stare: look on Pat's face when Guy mentioned his daughter was a fan of their videos. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Week of Woolie, Week of Woolie!

Also Mystery Box is a legit great idea.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Out of morbid curiosity I actually mixed the end of the Armageddon video with Duel of the Fates. I am sorry to say that it did not work as well as RULES OF NATURE did with the end of the No More Heroes playthrough.

Huh, what? What happened with NMH?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Huh, what? What happened with NMH?

He's saying mixing in music didn't go as epic as the latter.

I'm all for Mystery Box if it means a lot of Inside Baseball talk about you guys being testers, cause the first episode seems to be constant PTSD.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just finished the podcast. Pat is 100% right about mayonnaise: Disgusting.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

Just finished the podcast. Pat is 100% right about mayonnaise: Disgusting.

I had this opinion until I GREW THE gently caress UP

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Ruggington posted:

Please don't babyshame in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Ruggington posted:

Then I assume you eat BBQ sauce or hot sauce like real men do. :colbert: