Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Let's not get crazy, now. The Paige thing is a step away from chopping off a finger and sending it to her.

Its like, the Paige things is creepy and terrifying but at least I get that its loneliness and obsession and pervy.

And the general fake Twitter accounts is weird as gently caress but I assume its again loneliness and wish fulfillment or something.

But what the gently caress possesses someone to want to pretend to be the make believe infant daughter of Roman Reigns and AJ Lee? What the gently caress kind of crazy is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Its like, the Paige things is creepy and terrifying but at least I get that its loneliness and obsession and pervy.

And the general fake Twitter accounts is weird as gently caress but I assume its again loneliness and wish fulfillment or something.

But what the gently caress possesses someone to want to pretend to be the make believe infant daughter of Roman Reigns and AJ Lee? What the gently caress kind of crazy is that?

Especially when the role player is presumably doing so as a way to act out attraction to Roman Reigns. The internet is simultaneously the greatest and worst invention of all time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Corey Graves' career is a trophy for looking like CM Punk.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh Corey Graves last couple of tweets have been interesting, mainly because he got a lot of poo poo by people for tweeting this
While the women's division on the main roster isn't especially deep at the moment, I think there's enough talent available to fit in more time than a 3-minute segment (anchored by a 30 second "match") on a goddamn 3 hour show. It's especially galling given NXT is able to fit in a 5-10 minute segment for their women's division and they only have 1 hour per week.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

cm punk complaining about wwe not treating injured workers well coincided with corey graves being given a spot on the announce team after retiring from injury

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ToiletofSadness posted:

While the women's division on the main roster isn't especially deep at the moment, I think there's enough talent available to fit in more time than a 3-minute segment (anchored by a 30 second "match") on a goddamn 3 hour show. It's especially galling given NXT is able to fit in a 5-10 minute segment for their women's division and they only have 1 hour per week.

Personally if WWE just did a 1 hour Divas brand show with Paige, Emma, the Bellas, Natalya, Naomi, Charlotte, Banks, Lynch, and Bayley I'd probably be satisfied and never complain about a RAW Diva segment again.

I still really wished WWE felt motivated to use the Network to test out alternative products like that just to see how it would go over.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
They'd turn it into a half-baked Total Divas ripoff within 6 weeks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Its kind of funny how people think Punk hated him for being a ripoff, but from what Graves has said they actually got a long pretty well in the Indies because they both liked the same music and getting tattoos

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Personally if WWE just did a 1 hour Divas brand show with Paige, Emma, the Bellas, Natalya, Naomi, Charlotte, Banks, Lynch, and Bayley I'd probably be satisfied and never complain about a RAW Diva segment again.

I still really wished WWE felt motivated to use the Network to test out alternative products like that just to see how it would go over.

I'm pretty sure making an entire 1-hour Divas show that isn't poo poo is a hell of a lot more of a pipe dream than hoping for one not-poo poo Divas segment on Raw each week.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

cm punk complaining about wwe not treating injured workers well coincided with corey graves being given a spot on the announce team after retiring from injury

I think they were hoping people would just think Punk retired to become an announcer on NXT.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jetfire posted:

I'm pretty sure making an entire 1-hour Divas show that isn't poo poo is a hell of a lot more of a pipe dream than hoping for one not-poo poo Divas segment on Raw each week.

Yeah, no, I have no illusions that it would ever happen. I just think it would be pretty easy to gather all your Divas at the NXT arena and film a special, throw it up on the Network, and record the numbers and reviews to see what people think of it. It would be easy to experiment with a lot of little things like that with the Network. You could just run random specials on the same schedule as NXT specials.

I know it will never happen but I think its a missed opportunity.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Didn't TNA do a few Knockouts-only specials? How well did those go over?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Probably bad, but its TNA. I imagine a WWE produced, advertised, and broadcast Diva Special would yield different results than TNA or Shimmer or Shine or whatever. Just a wider audience and a better way to distribute.

I mean, it might still be a flop or a niche product or whatever but I'd be curious to see it, especially if all it cost WWE was one day of filming in Florida.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
These role players are getting a bit on the nose.

Oh. :stare:

God bless twitter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess we know who Colt Cabana's next guest is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

:drat: AJ Lee shooting straight there.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Not sure about either of the points in the middle tweet, though...

But :drat: regardless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dias posted:

:drat: AJ Lee shooting straight there.

"Put a video of my husband's rear end online, will ya? :mad:"

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
Employment prospects aside... drat fine tweets.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
It was nice knowing you AJ

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/570402613776158720

Coach ‏@CMPunk
“@CZWFans: @CMPunk Hey Bud. Your wife is pretty rad.” Yes, I am aware. I should totally marry her.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mr and Mrs Brooks were too good for the WWE.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I guess Stephanie was on her list for National Spay Day

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Vince's Twitter got hacked, obviously.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

DM Punk posted:

Good news everyone! Paige will now valet for Roman

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Oh no

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
If his Twitter was really hacked he would announce that he's hired Vince Russo to manage the diva's divisions booking.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DM Punk posted:

It was only hacked insofar as the subsequent tweets that say "Please keep watching. Please I'll give you one of my granddaughters if you subscribe for a year" and "Keep watching or I'll have to downgrade from steak wraps to Arbys" were deleted

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Onmi posted:

If his Twitter was really hacked he would announce that he's hired Vince Russo to manage the diva's divisions booking.

New Diva's Champion: Erick Rowan's sheep mask.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Translation of that tweet:

OK, WILL YOU SHUT UP IF I ACKNOWLEDGE YOU?!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'm terrified of what Vince will think is the proper response to that hashtag

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DM Punk posted:

Oh, this is gonna be good.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Since we're talking about Vince's Twitter account, he's still following CM Punk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liar Lyre posted:

Since we're talking about Vince's Twitter account, he's still following CM Punk.

CM Punk walked away on his own terms, Vince is gonna spend the rest of his life desperate to get him back into the fold (at which point he will lose all interest in him).

Edit: Also Vince probably has zero personal involvement in his twitter account.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Liar Lyre posted:

Aren't him and vince like, frenemies or something? They used to tweet each other about dumb crap at 1am? And doesn't Vince tend to have respect for dudes who stand up to him even if they burn him in the process? I dunno, seems reasonable he's still be following.

Either that or he doesn't know how his twitter works.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Vince's tweet makes more sense if you read the first sentence as resigned annoyance and the second one as a firm command.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sanguinia posted:

Aren't him and vince like, frenemies or something? They used to tweet each other about dumb crap at 1am? And doesn't Vince tend to have respect for dudes who stand up to him even if they burn him in the process? I dunno, seems reasonable he's still be following.

Either that or he doesn't know how his twitter works.

it's just his word, but Punk said that Vince was literally in tears when Punk walked out of his last meeting with Vince/Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Alain Post posted:

it's just his word, but Punk said that Vince was literally in tears when Punk walked out of his last meeting with Vince/Hunter.

Vince McMahon really is an enigma.

A charismatic enigma even.