Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

MikeJF posted:

The rate of recovery is also proportional to how close the colours match up; it might be that Storm God doesn't match Isaac as closely as he could, whereas Eightfold and Isabel were spot-on.

If Issac was, like Johnny, not a spectral before his possession, that doesn't matter. The spirit turns the host into a spectral of the appropriate colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

How long before Johnny starts seeing ghosts?

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I'm surprised no one posted this yet, but Zack announced on twitter the store is now live! Now you can wear the greatest shirt on your body. http://hivemill.com/collections/paranatural/products/paranatural-clothing-brand-clothing-shirt

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I'm surprised no one posted this yet, but Zack announced on twitter the store is now live! Now you can wear the greatest shirt on your body. http://hivemill.com/collections/paranatural/products/paranatural-clothing-brand-clothing-shirt
Excuse me that is clearly not an Insolent Children shirt :colbert:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Update Time

And oh boy, that's some development right there. If Spender ends up going after Doorman and company, I figure Isaac will revolt. Lot of ways it could go though.

Time to go check out the store.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Man, those adorable ninjas are multiplying like rabb-OH GOD DAMMIT

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Issac is gonna find out that Spender knows about Doorman without finding out HOW and he's gonna blame Max for selling him out.

Ninja bunnies still cute.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh hell yes this is the best way this could have gone

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think you're all forgetting the regenerative/healing multiplier Impakt Crimson Deluxe Hair Dye provides to spirits. Forge will be back in no time.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Issac is gonna find out that Spender knows about Doorman without finding out HOW and he's gonna blame Max for selling him out.

This is probably even going to be what causes Isaac to flip the whole gang the bird and go out on his own. If this goes proper anime, eventually Isaac will start to realize his new friends are assholes and the old team (probably specifically Max) will win him back over or he'll go freelance with regular appearances on the good guy side.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While I suspect Doorman's blessed queen will turn out to be somewhat less angelic than so far portrayed, I do think that faction won't turn out to be The Bad Guys, that title appears to belong to the death cult spirits. They're currently at cross-purposes with Spender and the Consortium, but given a long enough time scale I think if Isaac goes to join them the two groups will eventually be united. Probably only after a few beatdowns, though.

Especially if Isaac finds out about Johnny and brings him along, Forge will probably be trying to direct Johnny to team up with Doorman's crew anyway.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dolash posted:

While I suspect Doorman's blessed queen will turn out to be somewhat less angelic than so far portrayed, I do think that faction won't turn out to be The Bad Guys, that title appears to belong to the death cult spirits. They're currently at cross-purposes with Spender and the Consortium, but given a long enough time scale I think if Isaac goes to join them the two groups will eventually be united. Probably only after a few beatdowns, though.

Especially if Isaac finds out about Johnny and brings him along, Forge will probably be trying to direct Johnny to team up with Doorman's crew anyway.

Seems pretty clear to me that the story's headed for Spender's crew's well-intentioned goal of sealing off the city from whatever to protect the humans putting them at war with the ghosts' well-intentioned goal of breaking through the barrier to help the ghosts with all the kids trapped in between in an ethical crisis, and the shadowy anime villains waiting to swoop in and do whatever evil biz they're after once the good guys are all well into murdering each other.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Figures, finally the locket opens and there's another locket inside

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

Figures, finally the locket opens and there's another locket inside

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dolash posted:

I was under the impression that "The Bad Guy" is the thing inside Max that Doorman spoke to.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kikas posted:

I was under the impression that "The Bad Guy" is the thing inside Max that Doorman spoke to.

Doubtful. Everything in that conversation suggests that whatever was controlling Max is just one player in the game of many.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Doubtful. Everything in that conversation suggests that whatever was controlling Max is just one player in the game of many.
How many players and/or factions are we up to, anyway? By my count we've got:

Spectral Crews:
The Activity Club (subsidiary of The Consortium)
The Consortium
The Cousinhood of Man (rival organization to The Consortium)
Doorman's Crew
Unnamed Death Cultists (may or may not be linked to Mystery Evil Spirit X)

Human Crews:
Journalism Club (currently targeting Activity Club)
Johnny's Gang (currently targeting Activity Club)
School Administration (currently targeting Max)

Possible Lone Wolves:
Mystery Evil Spirit X (may or may not be linked to Unnamed Death Cultists)
Francisco (ostensibly works for The Consortium, but is probably doing his own thing too)
Spender (definitely working behind The Consortium's back for his own purpose)
Mr. Garcia (still don't know what he was doing floating in that stream)
Isaac (doesn't know who to trust, but leaning towards Doorman's Crew)

Starchman:
Mr. Starchman

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Agent Day's almost certainly got her own agenda somewhere.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

You also forgot squeakdog.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Also:

Max's Dad (Max's Dad)

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
I want a Team Forecast Octopus shirt and I want one now.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, Zack's style has even noticeably improved since halfway through last chapter. Not that that stuff's bad, but his most recent pages are comparatively... cleaner? More dynamic? Something like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
To be fair, that page was from literally over a year ago (January, specifically). The new stuff looks great though.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Update!

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=330

Alt text: Keep the change, just give me five. No, I mean five dollars. This is a robbery. Give me the register too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Squeakdog is out there, waiting. Isabel stays in the store for the rest of the comic.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I'm just glad that Isabel is finally getting a new toothbrush.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice catch

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

No ones gonna comment on the sad, sad fact that a little girl is working retail at such a young age.

Poor thing never stood a chance.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

No ones gonna comment on the sad, sad fact that a little girl is working retail at such a young age.

Gotta start training early for that life of mediocrity.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Well someone has to take charge of the responsibilities of the store, and max is busy with ghosts

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

A big flaming stink posted:

Well someone has to take charge of the responsibilities of the store, and max is busy with ghosts
Also, Max's dad probably brainwashed himself to forget about owning the store as part of his Double-Secret Shopper initiative.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love that Max's default greeting for his school friends is to scream YOU!! at them.

I really, really like this page all around. Great stuff.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Calling it now, Max showing up at school with Isabel simply further cements Isaac's (admittedly quite reasonable) martyr complex.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Then Ed will see Max and Isabel and think she ditched him back at Grandpa's to hang out with Max, making him jealous too. Ed and Isaac will make a short-lived attempt to be friends before remembering they don't like each other.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

If we're talking merch I still want Ed's "Pants" shirt.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

Also, Max's dad probably brainwashed himself to forget about owning the store as part of his Double-Secret Shopper initiative.

:thejoke:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Just realized Max greeted Isaac the same way that he's greeting Isabel. Hope that becomes a trend.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Huh, did he edit out a joke near the end with My Intern, SISTER, Sistern.

or am I imagining?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Huh, did he edit out a joke near the end with My Intern, SISTER, Sistern.

or am I imagining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oops.