Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Zertoss posted:

So if the rupee glitch is accomplished by losing rupees so that you end up with less than zero, could you get the same result with rupee thieves on the Termina map?

We doubt it. A new feature like the rupee thieves would be adequately tested; the simplest way being "if rupee count tries to fall below zero, don't let it." It is possible rupee thieves could lead to a similar max rupee glitch, but no one has noticed it yet and probably would have by now.

All the "internal mechanics" of Rupees+ and beating Ghoma without activating the weak point smash somehow result in a programming oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
This is too mind numbingly boring and random for me to bother with. I got it once and realized how little you get out of maxed rupees.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oxxidation posted:

I haven't used the apothecary once. I get the feeling the Twilight map is going to cure me of that.

You should be making a rupee festival potion every mission if you don't have anything else to make. The game drowns you in bronze materials so its not like spending them all for extra cash is a problem.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a good reference for where to farm specific materials?

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
I'm going to have a hell of a time A ranking that mission on the northwest part of the Termina map (Snowhead area) as Agitha. I leveled her up to 139 and figured it wouldn't be too hard. Turns out that King Dodongo still takes 17,000 weak point smashes to kill, plus I don't know how to break it in one go (without specials). Not to mention that the rest of the level took about 15 minutes before that. Maybe I need to let Zant and/or Midna handle Link? I do have about 15 other missions I still need gold medals for spanning the Twilight and Termina maps so I can save it for a while I guess.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Man I've been going for an hour trying to get the rupee glitch and only got it once.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Finally got it again! Stray observations seem to be that not looking at Gohma explode seems to help as i would get the 300 rupee blip more often that way. Same with No damage taken. Also I've killed Gohma and only Gohma and didn't get it so I don't think thats it. This last time I had 13 KO's and Gohma dropped a weapon. Also it was done in under 40 seconds. Not sure if any of this helps.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Uncle Wemus posted:

Finally got it again! Stray observations seem to be that not looking at Gohma explode seems to help as i would get the 300 rupee blip more often that way. Same with No damage taken. Also I've killed Gohma and only Gohma and didn't get it so I don't think thats it. This last time I had 13 KO's and Gohma dropped a weapon. Also it was done in under 40 seconds. Not sure if any of this helps.

Unfortunately I can debunk several of those.

I watched the rupee explosion here: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi0qaGL1g

People have taken damage and then healed and gotten it. I don't know if people have taken damage and not healed and gotten it, though.

A couple people have also said they've killed only Gohma and triggered it. I haven't seen picture or video evidence of this though but I have no reason to doubt them since one of them was the guy who got the first streaming video of the glitch.

Drops don't seem to be important. I've had a weapon drop several times, but also just had two materials drop instead (Twilight Map).

My times are all over the place. Here's a slower one: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi2YVIiZw

Edit: It works on Dodongo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCaEs5TpGtk

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 24, 2015

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I have become that superstitious pigeon experiment....

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just tried for an hour and a half and didn't get it a single time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Lana with a +Rupees gate, the two Gohma mission on the original map where Girahim betrays you, I bring down the WPG as soon as I take down Gohma, dash out of the halo, summon Argorok, surf at it and beat it and...just the usual 2k rupees. Every single time.

EDIT: Apparently the theory is you defeat the boss without using a WPS, but you have to kill a regular mook at almost the exact same time you defeat the boss. I just saw a Youtube video where the guy didn't even have the halo up, he was just using regular attacks with Link, but triggered the glitch. This video, at 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMm6mBmxZkQ

Since Argorok's fire is a thin stream and doesn't have much wide damage, I would guess that the problem I'm having is that the fire stream is only hitting Gohma and not any mooks. That would actually make the C5 with the gate a really terrible choice to trigger the glitch. I wonder if Agitha's C3 would work well since it has such a wide attack area. Then again, haven't people been able to get it with no regular enemies around or am I mistaken?

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 24, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

You should be making a rupee festival potion every mission if you don't have anything else to make. The game drowns you in bronze materials so its not like spending them all for extra cash is a problem.

Why, though. Rupees aren't that big of a deal because levels aren't that big of a deal.

Like this whole conversation about the rupee-grinding glitch seems totally pointless unless people are really darn desperate to get all their dudes up to level 200.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Levels are worth some, even if they won't make characters into unkillable gods like in DW. But more than that, removing skills costs 300k Rupees which is pretty drat expensive.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Why, though. Rupees aren't that big of a deal because levels aren't that big of a deal.

Like this whole conversation about the rupee-grinding glitch seems totally pointless unless people are really darn desperate to get all their dudes up to level 200.

Levels make a difference when you're in the 40-60 range on the harder half of the first adventure map. A lot of the squares with level 3 weapons, I'd fail by a hair the first few times and then level to the point where I could actually accomplish my goal (Zant, Darunia, Lana's summoning gate). Some of it was getting used to the idiosyncrasies of the maps but some of it was definitely that the extra little bit of attack helps when you're going over by 15 seconds.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If you missed that Hyrule Warriors collector's edition (ha of course you did) and wanted that scarf, AmiAmi just e-mailed me this morning to let me know they're now fulfilling orders! Here's dat scarf. Not sure if they're fulfilling orders that weren't pre-orders, but I'd act fast if you want it. Shipped via EMS to the US ended up being about $27. Hell yeah weak yen.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just tried for an hour and a half and didn't get it a single time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Lana with a +Rupees gate, the two Gohma mission on the original map where Girahim betrays you, I bring down the WPG as soon as I take down Gohma, dash out of the halo, summon Argorok, surf at it and beat it and...just the usual 2k rupees. Every single time.

EDIT: Apparently the theory is you defeat the boss without using a WPS, but you have to kill a regular mook at almost the exact same time you defeat the boss. I just saw a Youtube video where the guy didn't even have the halo up, he was just using regular attacks with Link, but triggered the glitch. This video, at 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMm6mBmxZkQ

Since Argorok's fire is a thin stream and doesn't have much wide damage, I would guess that the problem I'm having is that the fire stream is only hitting Gohma and not any mooks. That would actually make the C5 with the gate a really terrible choice to trigger the glitch. I wonder if Agitha's C3 would work well since it has such a wide attack area. Then again, haven't people been able to get it with no regular enemies around or am I mistaken?

I'm going to say this theory is bunk because I've gotten it 6 times now and most of the time I did it without killing anyone after/during killing Gohma.

I also tried the map you were talking about for a long time and never got it once there. I ended up going to the map near the upper right corner of the regular Adventure map where you fight two Gohmas and averaged it about once per hour.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

enojy posted:

If you missed that Hyrule Warriors collector's edition (ha of course you did) and wanted that scarf, AmiAmi just e-mailed me this morning to let me know they're now fulfilling orders! Here's dat scarf. Not sure if they're fulfilling orders that weren't pre-orders, but I'd act fast if you want it. Shipped via EMS to the US ended up being about $27. Hell yeah weak yen.

Should I or shouldn't I? I really like the scarf. Decisions decisions...

Would I look cool or like a loser if I actually wore said scarf in public? Serious question.

I know that guy who won the Smash Bros Invitational got a lot of fun poked at him for his giant scarf. I don't want to be remembered that way.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 24, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've gotten it 7 times with Wizzro today:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi3EIICkw
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi3Elxy8Q

Instead of focusing on killing enemies at the same time, I'm starting to believe in the theory that it's something generating a drop at the same time as the boss generates its drops. This can be a dying mook dropping rupees, but it could also be grass.

However it works, I'm just glad it does work and that I'm getting pretty close to having everyone at level 200 because of it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Spectacle Rock posted:

Should I or shouldn't I? I really like the scarf. Decisions decisions...

Would I look cool or like a loser if I actually wore said scarf in public? Serious question.

I know that guy who won the Smash Bros Invitational got a lot of fun poked at him for his giant scarf. I don't want to be remembered that way.

Mine is almost certainly never leaving a shelf. I collect/packrat Zelda stuff.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's an ugly rear end scarf, I'd make fun of you wearing it because you'd be wearing a solid sky blue scarf.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Max Rupees Glitch with Wizzro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRwsqYRQB28

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Arrrrg how do you do iiiiit drat you game

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Once you guys hit max level and have all badges what do you skills do you put on your weapons.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

enojy posted:

Thanks, I ordered one. I was considering knitting my own, but the yarn, time and frustration would have easily totalled $27.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oxxidation posted:

Well, I agree that levels aren't that big of a deal. However the new smithy stuff is stupidly expensive so if you want to have fun with that you're gonna need a large amount of rupees.

RyokoTK posted:

It's an ugly rear end scarf, I'd make fun of you wearing it because you'd be wearing a solid sky blue scarf.

Its an anime scarf. If you wear it, you'll turn into an anime. Beware!

VVV Its not that levels aren't strong, its that you don't need an excessive amount to beat anything in the game currently. I've cleared the Termina map and my highest level character is Link at 102.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 25, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Levels are a much bigger deal than you guys seem to think.Getting to level 200 can give a character more than double the attack you can get from a fully maxed out weapon as most people max out at 900 some attack from levels alone while 5 star, tier three weapons only get up to 450 if you have the secret skill.

Most individual levels aren't worth much, but they're worth a hell of a lot in aggregate.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Attempting Great Fairy Level 3 weapon map, pray for me.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I've compared the warriors I've unlocked to find out what their relative attack power compared to each other are:

Tier E: Very Low

Fi
Tingle

Tier D: Low

Sheik
Zelda (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown for her is why she's in this tier.)
Agitha
Wizzro
Young Link

Tier C: Average/Balanced

Link (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown for him is why he's here.)
Lana (Like Link, she's a multiple weapon user but whose attack is shown to be average/balanced.)
Zant
Cia

Tier B: High

Impa (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown places her here.)
Midna
Ghirahim
Volga
Twili Midna

Tier A: Very High

Darunia
Ganondorf

The only one I'm missing is Ruto.

For the record, if all Warriors are Lv. 99, the attack power between tiers amount to a 25 point difference, (which ultimately means a 100 point difference between Tier E and Tier A Warriors).

Useless Trivia: There is at least one fire element user in all the tiers: They are Link (Fire Rod), Impa (Naginata), Sheik (Harp, represented by the Lightning Element but actually uses all elements), Darunia, Volga, and Tingle.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Once you guys hit max level and have all badges what do you skills do you put on your weapons.

I'm not going to do a full-on weapon skill guide but here's a few tips:

4000 KO - You can pick 2 skills from this category. Most people go for Hasty Attacks and then either Special Attack+ or Finisher+ depending on which you would use more often.

3000 KO - You can only have one of these. Obvious options are Defenseless and No Healing. Defenseless because most people don't use shielding anyways and No Healing because if you actually need to heal you've probably lost any chance at an A rank. I think all the attack bonuses in this category give about the same damage boost.

2000 KO - These are the VS skills and you can only have one. Popular picks are VS Dragon, VS Undead, and VS Soldier. It's up to personal preference really though I think VS Dragon generally applies to more scenarios.

1000 KO - Mostly garbage. Maybe shoot for Special+ if you've got room but it really doesn't add much.

Legendary - This skill is pretty much pointless. Given that your strength at max level is over 1000, an additional 30 strength makes very little difference. Maybe put it in if you can think of literally nothing else to put in your weapon.

For the remaining slots I would recommend Strong Attack+/Strength I-VI for any attacks that you use a lot and the element+ skills if you think they're worthwhile. These vary a lot depending on the character and your personal playstyle.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

tried for an hour yesterday with no luck, but managed to pull off the rupee glitch on the 2nd try.
Used the original adventure map with the "defeat all enemies" G10 map with a lvl2 summoning gate. Tried it on the left ghoma, nothing, tried it on the right, got it right away.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the remaining missions I need to finish on the Termina map. Maybe your boss has too much health if I can get it to show up at the 7:30 mark and still can't kill it in time to get an A rank.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Managed to get it a 4th time tonight after about 30 minutes of trying. I seemed to get the 300 blip more often if i was getting rupees from another source at the same time as the gohma rupees. I wasn't paying attention when I got it because I was thinking about a fight I had with my girlfriend earlier though.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Exactly what is a network link? Do I need to be Nintendo ID friends with people who have/are playing Hyrule warriors for them to even appear?

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

Exactly what is a network link? Do I need to be Nintendo ID friends with people who have/are playing Hyrule warriors for them to even appear?

Network Links show up in random squares on the different adventure maps and give you more challenging or entirely different missions. You can get Network Links from random internet strangers, but the Network Links from friends will give you better rewards plus doing their missions gives your friends a fat rupee bonus.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

LordVorbis posted:

A network link is something that appears on the adventure map if you have network stuff enabled. By default it is TURNED OFF. You have to manually turn it on under game settings.

You can get network links even if you have 0 friends on your friend list. You can get them from strangers. However, if you have friends who play this game, you can get them from your friends (and ones from friends have better rewards).

If you clear a level a network link is residing on (on an adventure mode map) you typically get a hard to obtain item/weapon. There ya go.

edit: I was beaten, but my explanation goes into more detail :downs:

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Spectacle Rock posted:

A network link is something that appears on the adventure map if you have network stuff enabled. By default it is TURNED OFF. You have to manually turn it on under game settings.

Right! This was what I literally couldn't find from googling. Why on earth would this be off by default. *shakes fist at Omega Force*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Great Fairy, Agitha, and Zant all have their level 3s. If I want to get the difficult ones out of the way first, who should I tackle next? Ruto? Summoning Gate Lana?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Great Fairy, Agitha, and Zant all have their level 3s. If I want to get the difficult ones out of the way first, who should I tackle next? Ruto? Summoning Gate Lana?

Ruto, Darunia, and Lana's Gate are all pains in the rear end. Ruto's funnels the entire enemy army through the allied base's front door in the first two minutes of the stage, so you need to have a solid 5-star weapon on hand. Lana's Gate focuses almost exclusively on wasting your drat time.by trying to trick you into pursuing Cuccos and Ghirahim all over the map. Darunia's swamps you in high-level Moblins, but the trick is to just ignore most of them and concentrate on capturing the enemy keeps while making sure that yours stay blue, so that your allies can fend them off long enough for you to make them stop spawning and clear out what's left.

Zelda's Baton mission is also pretty nightmarish, because the baton's not a great damage-dealer and there's a ton of poo poo coming at you from every direction in that map. It's doable if you just wait to get 1000 kills before completing the first main objective, though, because then your allied morale will skyrocket and they'll be able to hold back the enemy waves.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sounds tough, but I feel like the worst is behind me at least.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I feel like Zelda's level 2 and 3 Baton missions gave me stockholm syndrome or something, I genuinely now do better with the baton than almost any weapon in the game (barring only the Gauntlets). I even do better with it than with what is probably objectively her best weapon, the Dominion Rod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Summoning Gate Lana's is definitely harder than Ruto's, in my opinion. I blew through Ruto's on like the second try.

I think Darunia's is the hardest of what you have left, though.

• Locked thread