Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I kinda stopped watching wrestling inbeween the monday night wars and maybe 2006/7 so it's weird to me that dudes like Eddie Guerrero etc had massive stardom in WWE that I've never seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Wormskull posted:

As God is my witness, he is broken in half!

this is my favorite line in all of wrestling aside from maybe "young bucksu! Prease go homeu!"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9py4aMK3aIU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xGvevIW1ZE

michael cole is normally extremely bad, but i really liked this call for some reason. maybe because i love the piledriver

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The 93 Halloween Havoc intro is wild.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stone Cold's hair was crazy in the WCW.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's cool how roided up the wrestlers were un the late 90s.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sorry dusty you've got nothing on big poppa pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoXZe_S3wI

also brian pillman but this probably needs context to make any sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7U6YZPXFo

"a mark... is a guy... who believes... that OJ... didn't do it" topical humor for 1996

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 26, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lucha Underground is sick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you want me to beat Vince McMahon's rear end all night long... give me a hell yeah!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's cool watching mid 90s wwf because I was a wcw kid so I didn't really see the rock in his original heel form. Crowd goes mad for him even when he's a cheating turd.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

His original theme where he's just muttering "the rocks says" and other rock catchphrases over and over ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at Mick Foley making out like the roof of the cage not being meant to give way when it perfectly folds open in an exact square.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lucha Underground is sick.

Really enjoying it here too. Wish we could see more Johnny Mundo but im only on episode 5. It has a really cool style.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

6-1-goddamn

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think some WCW stuff is cool but having gone back and seen some of it compared to WWF stuff I don't see how someone could of been a WCW kid. Almost everything about it, despite how much they want you to believe otherwise, seems like a desperate attempt to try to copy the WWF formula and then say it's completely original so I feel like I would of gone and checked out WWF and seen how much more epic it was.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I think some WCW stuff is cool but having gone back and seen some of it compared to WWF stuff I don't see how someone could of been a WCW kid. Almost everything about it, despite how much they want you to believe otherwise, seems like a desperate attempt to try to copy the WWF formula and then say it's completely original so I feel like I would of gone and checked out WWF and seen how much more epic it was.

the monday night wars series is pretty funny cuz they try to make it all really epic and yet have hardly anything to say about wcw except nwo, sting, and crusierweights, and they cant actually explain anything the nwo did cuz wcw didnt have coherent storylines

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im glad booker t survived moving to wwe

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
old sting seemed cooler than 'the crow' new sting based solely on that special they aired on raw

also the highlight of smackdown was stardust pulling a sting and trying to give golddust a concussion again

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Wcw felt a lot different like you were watching a marginal real sport you've never heard of on ESPN 2. Everyone's music was less stupid, there was less pyro and weird women, and they'd just straight up have a 12 minute match between billy Kidman and Chris Jericho and one guy would win clean and nobody would run in or get on the mic afterwords there would just be wrestling matches for the purpose of wrestling matches. Part of the reason the nwo was so shocking and cool was because it was wwf guys giving wwf promos and beating up good old boys and stuff. It felt genuinely weird and cool and threatening because the baseline was so normal sports event. By 99 it was pretty derivative but in 96 and 97 it was genuinely the best stuff I've ever seen.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ken Shamrock is gonna be MMA fighting again, he's 51. crazy.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He's going to fight Kimbo Slice which is like the punchline to a joke we never heard but understand immediately

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

now that ive watched the rumbles up to 1997, im going to start watching every ppv in order. are the In Your House shows the equivalent of like, Night of Champions or Payback

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Wcw felt a lot different like you were watching a marginal real sport you've never heard of on ESPN 2. Everyone's music was less stupid, there was less pyro and weird women, and they'd just straight up have a 12 minute match between billy Kidman and Chris Jericho and one guy would win clean and nobody would run in or get on the mic afterwords there would just be wrestling matches for the purpose of wrestling matches. Part of the reason the nwo was so shocking and cool was because it was wwf guys giving wwf promos and beating up good old boys and stuff. It felt genuinely weird and cool and threatening because the baseline was so normal sports event. By 99 it was pretty derivative but in 96 and 97 it was genuinely the best stuff I've ever seen.

Huh, I just watched a 94 Halloween Havoc and it was really assy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At 5:30 of Royal Rumble '97, Jerry "The King" Lawler calls Goldust a queer and they bleep the word "queer".

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

At 5:30 of Royal Rumble '97, Jerry "The King" Lawler calls Goldust a queer and they bleep the word "queer".

hahaha

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've seen Beyond the Ring stuff where they let him say Fag without bleeping it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I've seen Beyond the Ring stuff where they let him say Fag without bleeping it.

Lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also hear stuff like Goldust shouting Motherfucker! and the NXT Universe shouting Holy poo poo! and gently caress him up! and Big Boss Man calling Hard Core Champion Of the Wooorrrllld Road Dogg Jesse James a cocksucker, Stone Cold to the ref "What the gently caress are you talking about", Vince McMahon himself flipping off the camera, and many more epic moments.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I also hear stuff like Goldust shouting Motherfucker! and the NXT Universe shouting Holy poo poo! and gently caress him up! and Big Boss Man calling Hard Core Champion Of the Wooorrrllld Road Dogg Jesse James a cocksucker, Stone Cold to the ref "What the gently caress are you talking about", Vince McMahon himself flipping off the camera, and many more epic moments.

Wrestling is so good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you havent seen it austin did some commentary on big matches and its cool poo poo where he explains from in ring perspective why they do some things and what the ref is doing and poo poo like that

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29fpbg_wrestlemania-17-x-seven-1-2-the-rock-vs-stone-cold-steve-austin-with-stone-cold-commentary_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ap2si_stone-cold-vs-bret-hart-wrestlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All the Mick Foley autobiographies arrived. Their epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Wrestling Is Win