Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

You just know they're charging $30 for that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

L_Harrison posted:

It's not required. Basically if you want to race in the tournaments and stuff you can bring your rig and race on it against everyone else there, but there's tons of other stuff like presentations and 'classroom' type stuff where other sim-racers can teach you the basics of making setups and what not. There's also plenty of other cool cockpit rigs there that people can let you use.

The only thing I know about the seminar is how awesome the video of Cater's sessions has been every year without fail.

I will strongly consider putting 2,500 miles on my bike last minute and going.

edit: Nevermind. I just got a call to sub in goal for a bunch of hockey games in a tournament that week.

ManicJason fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 26, 2015

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Where do the iRacing developers put up work in progress stuff? Also I will be very surprised if they charge the same $15 for it. Has to be at least double.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

LordPants posted:

You just know they're charging $30 for that thing.

You know I'm resubbing when it releases and running a Legends Enduro there, right? :thumbsup:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I live in Dallas, and I am still not going. What's wrong with me?

e: MC Fruit Stripe - will rant endlessly on the internet, does not want to meet you.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 25, 2015

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

The Orange Mage posted:

You know I'm resubbing when it releases and running a Legends Enduro there, right? :thumbsup:

Lotus 49 enduro for maximum :suicide:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ManicJason posted:

The only thing I know about the seminar is how awesome the video of Cater's sessions has been every year without fail.

Yeah I think those videos (along with Dale Jr's setup tips) are what taught me how to set up a car. I honestly just love tuning set ups and turning laps sometimes. I don't know what that says about me.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The Orange Mage posted:

I'll one up you with Legends, Silver Crown, Late Model, and Street Stock class race there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

KingShibby posted:

Lotus 49 enduro for maximum :suicide:

Exactly my thought. This combo is by far one of my favorites when they pop up in racing games and Sims.

Lotus 49 is a lot harder to drive with wheel since I'm still learning wtf to do with a wheel setup.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

And we'll never get Long Beach completed. :(

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Bentai posted:

Not gonna lie it'll probably take longer for them to finish Long Beach than it would for them to do the Ring because of all the buildings in downtown Long Beach...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bentai posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

At least we can drive it, and it is a shitload of fun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've started playing again after a long break (I only played briefly then as well and was poo poo at it).
I'm a lot better now I think and having fun, I am consistent but not very fast, I have come 4th / mid pack mainly so far.
That's my iRacing story thanks for reading.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

IOwnCalculus posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

At least we can drive it, and it is a shitload of fun.

The Indy road schedule submitted for next season has Long Beach on it.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Lord Crapulus posted:

The Indy road schedule submitted for next season has Long Beach on it.

Won't happen unless iRacing allows Tech Tracks in schedules (not likely)

Edit: I guess Tech Tracks are now allowed in official series, so :getin:
Too bad Long Beach would be run the same week as the real life race, so I won't be able to produce an article about Long Beach until the next time it comes up. :smith:

Also, video preview of Monza!

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 25, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh sweet jesus they modeled the oval :getin:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Indycars on the oval, that's going to be fun as hell.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No, it'll be a disaster. An exciting, beautiful, terrifying, amazing disaster that I really want to be a part of.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Indycars on the combined oval and road course. We keep claiming it's the best mix of both, now we can do both at the same time!

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Goocar has to run on that at some point in time. It has to.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Overwined posted:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
That video has me so hyped.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Overwined posted:

"Alright, standing start!"

*five minutes later*

"Woo, we've reached banked turn on-OH THE HUMANITY"

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

The idea of a track bumpier than Mosport is terrifying.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Lord Crapulus posted:

The idea of a track bumpier than Mosport is terrifying.

I was practicing the DW12 there with Shelby Blackstock the other night and I thought my FFB was going bonkers... turns out it was the track...

Also this talk of a Combined Road/Oval IndyCar Series next season has me super stoked :smaug:

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

KingShibby posted:

Also this talk of a Combined Road/Oval IndyCar Series next season has me super stoked :smaug:

It's not a real combined series, they're just going to do a fake scoring lookup to take 6 and 6 (if it's even happening, I'm not sure where people are getting it from based on what iRacing said). It's the same thing they were doing in the forums a few seasons back, only on the main site. I don't think there's going to be that many people that bother to do both, especially if it means losing their precious participation credits.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Alright HPD Gents it's getting close to practice time for Sebring so before we do the session tomorrow I thought I would post a race setup from the guy who did the Daytona setup we used.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/200/3255180.page#8632508

We should put some laps in with it tomorrow and see how we all like it and if we need to make changes.

If that link doesn't take you directly to his post it's a post by Allan Paterson and the setup names are AGP LDF Sebring S1 15 R.sto and AGP LDF Sebring S1 15 Qv2.sto

As a reminder here is the time sheet for Sebring and if you haven't signed yourself up go ahead and do that. Don't worry so much about what stints at the moment.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v5Agcsb9Ik31WfDfnpzJgjkyVBMeUobfjVdRBqkkg5g&authuser=0

advion fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 26, 2015

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

We'll have to see how long a full fuel run takes, and then change the slots to match. I think at Daytona we got off schedule since the slots were an hour and a full tank took 45-50 minutes.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Definitely and I'll plan on doing a full fuel run or two tomorrow.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I plan to do the same for the RUF tomorrow. I don't know how long I'll be there, but ideally I want to do two full tanks.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'll try to show up and do the same as well for the RUF.

Aside from adjusting brake bias, is the car going to stick to one setup that is started by the driver, or can the setup be changed in the pits (spring, etc)?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

From what I understand, only in-car driver adjustments can be made. The setup loaded for the car is what everyone uses.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'll try to show up and do the same as well for the RUF.

Aside from adjusting brake bias, is the car going to stick to one setup that is started by the driver, or can the setup be changed in the pits (spring, etc)?

Yes whatever setup is used at the start is what is used for the race with the exception of the changes you can make in the cockpit. I know with the HPD you can change things like traction control, fuel map, bias when you get in but not sure about the Ruf beyond brake bias.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have $30 in iRacing credit, and just noticed the Nurburgring is coming to iRacing. :getin: When they said Nurburgring they are talking about the big 12+ mile version right? Not the Grand Prix track?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I have $30 in iRacing credit, and just noticed the Nurburgring is coming to iRacing. :getin: When they said Nurburgring they are talking about the big 12+ mile version right? Not the Grand Prix track?

:getin:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

I said come in! posted:

They're doing both

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KingShibby posted:

They're doing both

This will be the only other racing sim besides Gran Turismo, with the 24 hour configuration.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This news, Monza and my Buttkicker / DK2 make this a brilliant time to start playing again, I am well chuffed!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

This news, Monza and my Buttkicker / DK2 make this a brilliant time to start playing again, I am well chuffed!

Yep, I just came back to Iracing this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Yesss more racers for the racing gods.

• Locked thread