Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

so i found out today how much our office spent on coffee in 2014. in january our headcount was 800 or so, 1000 by the end of the year.

three  hundred  fucking  thousand  dollars

holy poo poo

yeah but how is the coffee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im having coffee right now

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

today im having a keurig SuperStore brand "Great Canadian Coffee" from the machine at work.

it's not bad.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

still on my first mug of maxwell house

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

those both sound like bad coffees

drink 'em if u like but there are probably better options out there!!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

there is but not for free and ten steps away

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

:agreed:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

ultimately a v strong argument

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Just did some quick math and determined I cost my lab about $208 worth of coffee a year. It's generally chock full o' nuts or bustelo though. If you multiply that by 1000 with a higher quality coffee you're easily spending 300k.

If you count milk, sugar, etc.. in your coffee budget then 300k might even be low ballin

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I'll rep Chock Full O' Nuts as my personal favorite coffee brand. It's legit good to my tastebuds which have been conditioned to like it since I was about 13 years old.

Man o man -remember how when you were a child you could get legit high on coffee? poo poo was fun.

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Chorrax posted:

I'll rep Chock Full O' Nuts as my personal favorite coffee brand. It's legit good to my tastebuds which have been conditioned to like it since I was about 13 years old.

Man o man -remember how when you were a child you could get legit high on coffee? poo poo was fun.

i never really drank coffee as a kid until my first year of college and i was so hooked on drinking an XL Double Double and having a cigarette every fuckin morning. it's like the ultimate high.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chorrax posted:

Just did some quick math and determined I cost my lab about $208 worth of coffee a year. It's generally chock full o' nuts or bustelo though. If you multiply that by 1000 with a higher quality coffee you're easily spending 300k.

If you count milk, sugar, etc.. in your coffee budget then 300k might even be low ballin

bustelo's a fuckin' steal, so cheap and decent

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I use an aeropress at work and grind my beans in a Hario grinder tbh im a bit disappointed with how uneven the grind is but its only cheap and I like the coffee I make with it so im not really complaining.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
5 dolla joke Costco grinder works incredibly well somehow

best grind I've ever gotten

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Tangra posted:

best grind I've ever gotten

wwwwwwednesday morning motherfuckers

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
good morning coffee thread. do any of yall use a chemex and is it really worth it

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
that poo poo ain't cheap

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

$2 even and half way to the office, every single day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nayato posted:

good morning coffee thread. do any of yall use a chemex and is it really worth it

too close to chomo for me, pass

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Bolverkur posted:

yeah but how is the coffee?

it's good op http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700232&userid=25521

plus minikitchens and the barista, whose salary wasn't included (just the beans). crazy

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Dicky B posted:

brewed tea has barely any caffeine at all. when ppl say tea contains more caffeine than coffee they are talking about dry leaves

tea has more theobromine

also people dont use enough tea because everybody uses one dinky black lipton tea bag for a big mug with like 12-16 ounces of water and they let it steep for like 10 minutes and then complain that it's too bitter so they dump in an ounce of sugar and a quarter cup of milk and then i pull on my spandex tights and big shiny boots and climb to the top turnbuckle and unleash a devastating flying elbow

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

angry_keebler posted:

tea has more theobromine

also people dont use enough tea because everybody uses one dinky black lipton tea bag for a big mug with like 12-16 ounces of water and they let it steep for like 10 minutes and then complain that it's too bitter so they dump in an ounce of sugar and a quarter cup of milk and then i pull on my spandex tights and big shiny boots and climb to the top turnbuckle and unleash a devastating flying elbow

/me puts gigantic yorkshire tea bag into medium size mug, making the most powerful tea

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
haven't had coffee today

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

had a coffee from teh machine again this morning. it felt comfortable. usual. boring. i began to think about new, more exciting coffees. faraway coffees. exotic.
the machine at work won;t know....

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

THURSDAY MORNING MUTHAFUCKAAAS

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Chorrax posted:

THURSDAY MORNING MUTHAFUCKAAAS

same

having some viet coffee, ran out of condensed milk, apparently sometime yesterday :negative:

now I have to drink it with sugar, like ... white people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
love too add empty calories and fat to my coffee :hehe:

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Splash of whole milk in my drank

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

i like to sprinkle sugar on top of my cappuccinos too. The sugar gets stuck in the foam so I can enjoy the espresso as intended, and then I have some nice sweet foam to enjoy for dessert.

Also, if you've never dipped a chocolate chip cookie into a cappuccino then you aren't really "aware" in the truest sense.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Tangra posted:

same

having some viet coffee, ran out of condensed milk, apparently sometime yesterday :negative:

now I have to drink it with sugar, like ... white people
if viet coffee is anything like hong kong style tea, i don't know if there's any whiter person way to drink it, for black tea at least

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

enjoying a nice iced coffee made from work coffee, perfect for this balmy not-dozens-of-degrees-below-freezing weather we have today

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

decided to have a post lunch cup. real tired today for some reason

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I kind of want to skip my 3 o'clock coffee since I had a very filling soup for lunch.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Without thinking I got up, walked across the hall, poured my coffee, and walked back to my desk. LOL I'm such a loving drone.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gonna make some coffee at the office today, maybe. I think

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

wow check otu all the ppl in here addign poo poo to their pure black coffees :newfap: what are you children

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I always get annoyed when I order a "Regular Coffee" and it's just black

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

sometimes i order an americano at starbucks and they are like "would you like any milk in that sir?" and im liek no you minimum wage earning pasty teen imbecile and then i take a poo poo into teh counter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bobbilljim posted:

wow check otu all the ppl in here addign poo poo to their pure black coffees :newfap: what are you children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
How to Teach Yourself How to Drink Black Coffee:

step 1: replace your normal poo poo-filled coffee routine with black coffee for 7 days

congrats, you are now a lover of black coffee

• Locked thread