Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe the premise of XV 2 is that Trunks/the Time Supreme Kai gets bored and starts poking the timeline to see what would happen if they'd just done this differently.

And when it goes south they're all 'Whoops, hey MC can you go fix that'

Just do the same thing but evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone else find the game is super loving loud? I just switched over from watching TV for a couple of hours and had to turn it waaaaaaaaay the gently caress down because the opening theme shook furniture.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Only two days until I can play this but the wait is slowly killing me time to watch all 14 DBZ movies in a row

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Anyone else find the game is super loving loud? I just switched over from watching TV for a couple of hours and had to turn it waaaaaaaaay the gently caress down because the opening theme shook furniture.

大切なもの PROTECT MY BALLS

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm not turning it down until my neighbors think Goku is actually in my house for real fighting Frieza

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Guys guys guys I've got it. Xenoverse 2 includes Dragonball Content also you can literally create a Goku to play through Goku's story because Goku got kidnapped as a child and you gotta step in and keep things on the right track while you find Kid Goku SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND SPACE.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Guys guys guys I've got it. Xenoverse 2 includes Dragonball Content also you can literally create a Goku to play through Goku's story because Goku got kidnapped as a child and you gotta step in and keep things on the right track while you find Kid Goku SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND SPACE.

This is a great idea.

Since they've already included GT in the timeline just do one from the very start of Dragonball, gently caress it. Include all the ridiculous movie side stories and everything.

Also it's correct that everything after the swarm of small buus is babytown frolics when it comes to the rest of the buu saga.

Haha the supreme kai of time is over 75 million years old but has been told she looks young for her age. Never change, anime.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 25, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

These two cool dudes stood there like this for like 15 minutes. I went to get a drink and they were still at it when I got back.

MORE GOKUS

Michael Jackson
BIG NUTS
This one's actually neat, someone made a giant Namek to get around the physical size restriction on a Saiyan and turned it into a Broly.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Wait, the freiza race uses kaioken instead of transformations? Please tell me that's not true. :doh:

And can somebody come up with an actual name for the Freiza race already? Did Toriyama really never name them? Humans, Saiyans, Namekians, and.... "those guys like Freiza but the other ones." :v:

Although at least Freiza-race makes sense, we know there are Cooler and King Cold or whatever the gently caress their names were, other aliens like him. But Buu was just Buu, right? Now there's a Buu race?!

I don't loving know.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait, the freiza race uses kaioken instead of transformations? Please tell me that's not true. :doh:

And can somebody come up with an actual name for the Freiza race already? Did Toriyama really never name them? Humans, Saiyans, Namekians, and.... "those guys like Freiza but the other ones." :v:

Although at least Freiza-race makes sense, we know there are Cooler and King Cold or whatever the gently caress their names were, other aliens like him. But Buu was just Buu, right? Now there's a Buu race?!

I don't loving know.

There's a Buu race because Buu saw a girlie magazine, made a lady Buu out of his head, and they had a million kids. Really. That's the canon explanation.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

This dude knows what's up. Also now I want a What-If Storyline that revolves around the Red Ribbon Army unsealing Majin Buu back during the original Dragon Ball and using him to conquer the universe with the power of candy-based communism.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

projecthalaxy posted:

There's a Buu race because Buu saw a girlie magazine, made a lady Buu out of his head, and they had a million kids. Really. That's the canon explanation.

~anime~

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Mr. Satan taught Buu how to read with some adult books, and as a result Buu decided women were pretty neat and invented them. This is actual canon DBZ lore.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zaphod42 posted:

That's the case unfortunately. That said, it makes sense. Think about the extra effort you'd have to go through during character creation to design additional forms of them compared to the time it takes to make a Human or something.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

All the online games I used to play called them Icers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only race with transformations is Saiyans, and those are just ultimate moves rather than separate power ups AFAIK.

It's either by design or by limitation of the engine, the different forms of Frieza/Cell etc are all separate selectable characters rather than being a single selectable with transformations too.

Also noticed today that one of Goku's alternate costumes on the character select is Ginyu. Also noticed the alternate costumes all have different stat spreads

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

That's the case unfortunately. That said, it makes sense. Think about the extra effort you'd have to go through during character creation to design additional forms of them compared to the time it takes to make a Human or something.

That doesn't "make sense", that's just lazy. :effort:

World of Warcraft lets you create worgen and customize their human & wolf form at the same time, how hard would it be to just have 2 or 3 freizas?

Harlock posted:

Works for me. "The cool race" :cool:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Ya'll need to quit worrying about dbz storyline and instead focus on how many kamehamehas you're firing off per hour. It should be over a thousand.

and it seems like Vegeta makes you gain 50 levels before he gives you his third mentor quest. I'm about to say gently caress him and go train with Gohan.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bubba Smith posted:

Ya'll need to quit worrying about dbz storyline and instead focus on how many kamehamehas you're firing off per hour. It should be over a thousand.

and it seems like Vegeta makes you gain 50 levels before he gives you his third mentor quest. I'm about to say gently caress him and go train with Gohan.

Gohan is a little bitch boy. He beat Cell by a fluke and then pissed around for the rest of his youth. He is not a good mentor.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Sadly its due to engine limits. If it helps costume parts let you make separate forms so you can rematch people and say it wasn't even your final form.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Can I train with Yamcha?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

That doesn't sound right. I'm only level 43 and I punched the Final Flash out of him like 15 levels ago.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bubba Smith posted:

Really? I beat his 'beat me with my Kamehameha move' quest at level 10 and got his 'now get me an item' thing right after, isn't that the third mission?

Speaking of, what's his final reward, I've done the mission his item drops in a bunch and now gotten literally everything BUT that item, tempted to tell him to eat dick if the reward isn't good, he's not a requirement for another mentor is he?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Gohan: "For our first lesson, I'm going to show you how to dress up like an absolute chode and fight petty criminals while my dad and little brother defend the planet from super powered aliens."

Me: ":goku:"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

Sadly its due to engine limits. If it helps costume parts let you make separate forms so you can rematch people and say it wasn't even your final form.

Yeah but you can't be all "I'm only using 80% right now!" :smith:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Really? I beat his 'beat me with my Kamehameha move' quest at level 10 and got his 'now get me an item' thing right after, isn't that the third mission?

Speaking of, what's his final reward, I've done the mission his item drops in a bunch and now gotten literally everything BUT that item, tempted to tell him to eat dick if the reward isn't good, he's not a requirement for another mentor is he?

The reward is Final Flash and no he's not a requirement for any other mentors

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Harlock posted:

I, too, played DBZ MUDs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

The reward is Final Flash and no he's not a requirement for any other mentors

gently caress final flash I have Weekend and Vacation Delete. Time to learn from Piccolo!

Selane
May 19, 2006

I played this game for about an hour last night and it's already made me hate Trunks even more than I already hated Trunks. gently caress you, Trunks.

Radish posted:

Can I train with Yamcha?

Let me teach you my martial art, The Art of Losing and Lying There While Everyone Else Finishes the Fight.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There's still server issues on PS4, apparently. I can only play on offline mode (though I still see other player's characters standing around?).

Piccolo is my master right now. He's pretty cool he used to be a demon you know.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ah poo poo I tried to catch Dankolo Budd but it was right before the downtime and I missed him. Surprisingly, he's the only other dank Piccolo I've seen online :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

There's still server issues on PS4, apparently. I can only play on offline mode (though I still see other player's characters standing around?).

Piccolo is my master right now. He's pretty cool he used to be a demon you know.

In offline mode those are just randomly generated computer gokus.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Selane posted:

I played this game for about an hour last night and it's already made me hate Trunks even more than I already hated Trunks. gently caress you, Trunks.

Let me teach you my martial art, The Art of Losing and Lying There While Everyone Else Finishes the Fight.

Mate he has the Spirit Ball and that thing is the poo poo.

Apart from in this game where it misses every time you throw it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Mate he has the Spirit Ball and that thing is the poo poo.

Apart from in this game where it misses every time you throw it.

I had the spirit ball hit someone directly behind me once.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't loving know.
Arcosians.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

In Dragon Ball Heroes the race is referred to as "Frieza Clan" and in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse the name used to refer to a male member of Frieza's race is a "Frieza Clansman"

:shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

This thread has been an awesome info dump and convinced me to be the only person playing this on XBONE. Awesome work, firstborn!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jake Blues posted:

This thread has been an awesome info dump and convinced me to be the only person playing this on XBONE. Awesome work, firstborn!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. This is the most effort I've ever put into a thread. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's a very good thread and is confirming my decision to buy. Now if I can make it to Friday afternoon without tearing off my own face in anticipation.

• Locked thread