Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jedit posted:

Correct. You can swap a Dude for another Dude of the same name and different experience level without cost, the Dude retains all Goods, and the dude replaced is discarded. What I'm not sure about is whether the Dude will retain any temporary bonuses, like Control Points or modified Bullet Rating. They used to, but card memory no longer exists. Also I don't know whether the new Dude will come in booted or unbooted if the old Dude was booted.

I remember that it stays booted if it wasn't, but it doesn't boot an unbooted dude. I'm pretty sure everything stayed the same, and likely will with regards to bounties and control points.

Speaking of bounties, here's one card that those spoilers left out. We're still missing one drifter, by the by.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hit my first tournament yesterday. It was neat! I still haven't really cognized the rules and my buddy noticed my deck was illegal on the way over, so once I got to the store I bought the last Double Dealin' saddlebag to make myself legal. I was running Sloane 3's, 4's, 5's, and 7's I guess? I started Allie, Barton, Clem, and Travis for some extra starting economy.

First game was against Morgan deed spam. I lost within three or so rounds, dunno how I could have played much differently.

Second round was a doozy, I played against someone running Sloane huckster. It was recorded so I'm excited to see the match once it's up. I built up some control on Allie and Barton while slowly getting some deeds in play, a lot of my early tempo was undone by a killer Dead Man's Hand. I held on butI made some mistakes and put Androcles somewhere he shouldn't have been. Steven Wiles and a decked out Huckster came gunning for him and Barton with a Kidnappin'. I pulled a cheatin' four of a kind against a full house, but his Huckster had some nonsense that mitigated casualties against cheatin' hands, so he kept gunning for me. Next round, I pulled a legal four of a kind against a full house for the win. It was super satisfying.

Last round was my buddy playing Law Dogs. I made what I thought was a solid play in the town square by building enough control and having some handy shootout cards, but after I Whipped a Wendy in the face, the Stakes Just Rose and I got wrecked. I realized after I shuffled my deck that I had enough influence and money in hand to have kept playing, but the game probably would have gone his way anyhow.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Played in a tournement for this on the weekend and it was a good time. I hope this game picks up some popularity. It might not be netrunner level good but I'd say I like it more than the other lcg format games. With the recent sets of l5r being great it seems like AEG is firing on all cylinders.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/02/25/design-diary-surprise-and-opportunity/

Lil teaser from Faith and Fear inside.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Is that the first we've heard of fear and faith?

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/03/04/faith-fear-preview-swinford-finds-trouble/

New preview is up. The card seems kind of neat if a little weak. The art background looks very cheap. Hopefully it's less distracting small.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Finally got Double Dealin and Election Day Slaughter.

Feels good man.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://run4games.com/dtr-march-8-week-of-the-circus-oddities-of-nature/

New 4th Ring outfit from Faith and Fear.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
That looks really fun thematically and mechanically. I came up with a fourth ring build that was light on spells but it was hard to justify rarely using the home ability.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Office Sheep posted:

That looks really fun thematically and mechanically. I came up with a fourth ring build that was light on spells but it was hard to justify rarely using the home ability.

It's pretty strong. 4th Ring already has great control, probably even more so than Sloane, and this extends that ability to monster decks. I can't wait to see the other outfit homes.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's pretty strong. 4th Ring already has great control, probably even more so than Sloane, and this extends that ability to monster decks. I can't wait to see the other outfit homes.

I'm really curious to see the Lawdog's new outfit; they've been stuck in 'Also Ran' territory without much direction since the (re)start.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
That ability on law dogs home is so rarely what I want to be doing. I'm not running tons of wanted punishment mind you but booting influence is such a high cost for the effect compare to the other factions.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.gomorragazette.com/news/week-of-the-circus-preview-pagliaccio/

Not bad, hoping to see some other faction stuff soon.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/03/11/faith-fear-preview-maria-kingsford/

Like this!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

I can't wait to see an oddities of nature deck that runs 4x Pagliaccio in its opening posse.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Huh, she was hiding in Elijah's Parish, and Sloan stole the deed to the town of Soddum, the old staging ground for Reverend Grimme's only push into Gomorrah. Probably doesn't mean anything, but still...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've got a tournament tonight, which is exciting even though I haven't played in over a month. My playgroup is small, and the LGS hasn't gotten in Election Day Slaughter yet so none of us have those cards. I've got a 3-4-5 Sloane shootout-based deck that I built myself. I don't even know what I'll be up against since we've mostly been playing semi-modified starter decks.

Edit: Only had two players. Tough to organize these things. :(

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 12, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.strangeassembly.com/2015/preview-valeria-batten-doomtown-reloaded-faith-and-fear

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Another great starter for 4R.

So here's a question for people out there. My distributor in the states is listing Doomtown Event Kit #2 and #3 as both arriving this month. Is AEG double shipping them or is that an error? Anyone else heard anything like that?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2015/03/13/the-clown-carriage-a-faith-fear-preview/

Faith and Fear continues to show strong for 4th Ring.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sheriff event information has been posted on the AEG page. Big take away is wooden cards for the Faith and Fear homes. Sounds like its essentially Kotei season for Doomtown.

Link

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 14, 2015

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Here's the first miracle to be previewed, Holy Roller.

It's a bit more situational than the original due to wording. The bullet bonus is nice, but it doesn't protect against getting Shotgun'd or card effect acing like the previous version. Depending on your posse makeup, not being able to use the shooter as a casualty could screw you hard, too.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2015/03/17/the-reverends-in-town-faith-and-fear-preview/

First Blessed dude.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

I was worried that Faith and Fear wouldn't do enough for the Law Dogs. I am less worried now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.strangeassembly.com/2015/preview-faster-on-the-draw-doomtown-reloaded-faith-and-fear

Some string lawdog support.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.gomorragazette.com/news/week-of-the-law-preview-the-arsenal/

New law dogs outfit. I can not see how this forces the opponent into a shoot out like the article says. Does refusing only apply to the rulebook call out?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm not too hip to The Arsenal. However...

http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2015/03/18/faith-fear-preview-lay-hands/

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 19, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Office Sheep posted:

http://www.gomorragazette.com/news/week-of-the-law-preview-the-arsenal/

New law dogs outfit. I can not see how this forces the opponent into a shoot out like the article says. Does refusing only apply to the rulebook call out?

It wouldn't always force them to accept, but since it says "unbooted or Wanted dude", you could call out booted wanted dudes, and booted dudes can't decline.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Yeah I figured it out since my post. The advantages are calling out while booted and calling someone out at their home.

Office Sheep fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Office Sheep posted:

Yeah I figured it out since my post. The advantages are calling out while booted and calling someone out at their home.

Calling people out at their Home is a pretty nifty thing, does the outfit actually allow you to circumvent that rule?

Granted, this all hinges on how many skilled dudes Law Dogs get in this coming expansion, but no-boot callouts could be a pretty decent incentive in time.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Father Wendigo posted:

Calling people out at their Home is a pretty nifty thing, does the outfit actually allow you to circumvent that rule?

From the rulebook:

Noon actions: Callin' Out posted:

You cannot use this Noon play to call out a dude at their home. However, there are card abilities that allow you to call out a dude as part of the ability’s effects. When you’re using one of those abilities, the ability allows your dude to call someone out while booted, and more importantly, your dude can use it to call out dudes in their home.

So basically, any card effect that issues a callout gets around the restriction.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Being able to callout in a home is a huge deal. That is a very good home.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Got my first game in weeks in today. I played a Morgan spell deck against the Mortimer/Legendary Holster deck that's making the rounds. I really like the deck. It's a hybrid landslide/hex deck that wins by outmaneuvering opponents and pressuring them to chase my deeds to prevent wins. A few turns in and I can support Max Baine or even Lillian Morgan. Morgan's a favorite of mine, so I'm very curious about what Faith and Fear will do to expand their third archtype.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://dtdb.co/en/deck/view/5904

First draft of my new Horse Control deck: Horsin' Around.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

:stare: Holy fuckin' Moses, Sloan just got a second Steven Wiles that's DMH friendly. That's drat nice if you don't mind having an ace or four floating in your deck for checks.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
That's a whole lot of upkeep.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jesus, I want to take that and make the most aggressive Sloane deck ever.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

While I still think mulligans should have been a separate thing from being tied to a grifter ability, that's a great example of how the grifter ability should be. Sloane can definitely afford him to start with the number of cheap guys they have. Not really a good replacement for Steven Wiles as an 8 won't kill your pull values and has much better cards in value that A does, however she's definitely cheap enough that as an addition to Wiles or someone that buys you a sundown, she's awesome. The 4 draw is not pretty specific that it's not going to win you shootouts but you could lose her and use some cards that ace people with lower bullet ratings which is something we haven't seen a lot of use for given that it's kind of a pain to raise a bullet rating and comparatively easy to lower them.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

While I still think mulligans should have been a separate thing from being tied to a grifter ability, that's a great example of how the grifter ability should be. Sloane can definitely afford him to start with the number of cheap guys they have. Not really a good replacement for Steven Wiles as an 8 won't kill your pull values and has much better cards in value that A does, however she's definitely cheap enough that as an addition to Wiles or someone that buys you a sundown, she's awesome. The 4 draw is not pretty specific that it's not going to win you shootouts but you could lose her and use some cards that ace people with lower bullet ratings which is something we haven't seen a lot of use for given that it's kind of a pain to raise a bullet rating and comparatively easy to lower them.

When I said a second Steven Wiles, I'm talking about someone that plays like 'The Drifter' from the old game - a very nasty card with low recruit cost and high upkeep that serves as a very painful surprise whenever it shows up and leaves in a round or so. That it's the Ace to Steve's 8 is just gravy for pure aggression/no spells deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

When I said a second Steven Wiles, I'm talking about someone that plays like 'The Drifter' from the old game - a very nasty card with low recruit cost and high upkeep that serves as a very painful surprise whenever it shows up and leaves in a round or so. That it's the Ace to Steve's 8 is just gravy for pure aggression/no spells deck.

I wasn't arguing with you. I agree that she's an inferior version of a great card that we can run along side Steven but not necessarily as a replacement for unless you aren't running 8s.

Something that I didn't immediately notice, because I never build for, is that we now have a really great A♠ for a Deadman's Hand deck.

• Locked thread