Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
For some terrible reason I want to try out arty with battle assistant. What line will be the best for t1-t5? Im not sure if I want to go beyond that yet.

Ooh I just realized the KV-2 line goes to an arty how is that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

FTR posted:

according to private Storm’s comments on supertester forum, VK3002DB stats suck and it will be buffed

Yes. Yes! One more tier seven medium to join my Comet in the 'nearly as good as a T29' group!

The thing already has decent armor and good mobility and soft stats. There isn't much they can buff without making the whole tank ridiculous. Maybe just up the pen on the 88 or rate of fire on the 75?

Now if only they'd reduce the Comet's matchmaking weight so it isn't treated as a heavy we'll be in business. I think I get an Ace in the Comet every four or five games.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

primelaw posted:

I second this. I used to use MSI Afterburner but shadowplay is so much more convenient. Afterburner does have more options in terms of recording though.

AMD cards basically do an AMD version of Shadow play through their gaming evolved app.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Pookum posted:

For some terrible reason I want to try out arty with battle assistant. What line will be the best for t1-t5? Im not sure if I want to go beyond that yet.

The Grille can do some sick damage. Granted it has a tiny arc but once you get that thing aimed tier 8s will weep.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Pookum posted:

Well, I know the S-51 used to be really good. I played through that line a long time ago.

I actually played the other Russian artillery at that tier, but the main difference is that the S-51 was faster and more maneuverable, while the one I played was a barn with a gun. They do great damage for that tier.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Uranium 235 posted:

Well, I know the S-51 used to be really good. I played through that line a long time ago.

I actually played the other Russian artillery at that tier, but the main difference is that the S-51 was faster and more maneuverable, while the one I played was a barn with a gun. They do great damage for that tier.

The S-51 is pretty bad nowadays. It, the T92, and the GW Panther were specifically targeted by the 8.6 arty nerfs.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Im gunning for the Grille now. By way of the marder. Thank god they let you skip some low level arties as I feel like they probably suck to play.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The Southern Dandy posted:

The S-51 is pretty bad nowadays. It, the T92, and the GW Panther were specifically targeted by the 8.6 arty nerfs.

If you can get the loving thing to hit its target it is a nasty bastard though. Hits like an arty 2 or 3 tiers higher than it. The tiny traverse arc and the extremely long reload time are trying.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

- Super Pershing armor got apparently nerfed AGAIN based on the first look, but this is unclear yet

Yup, loving knew it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Pookum posted:

The FV304 is the only fun arty IIRC. Or you can play the KV-2 with the illegal arty view mod, but I never used it and don't know how well it would work.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Infected posted:

- Super Pershing armor got apparently nerfed AGAIN based on the first look, but this is unclear yet

Yup, loving knew it.

Goddamn bullshit.....

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

If you can get the loving thing to hit its target it is a nasty bastard though. Hits like an arty 2 or 3 tiers higher than it. The tiny traverse arc and the extremely long reload time are trying.

Well, yeah, if you can tame the RNG then all bets are off! Sadly you can't, so you better pick nicer arty.

I weep for anyone that wants a 261 these days!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any of the goon groups in the OP still active?

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

That is the Stockholm Syndrome talking. Compared to the Churchill I and Churchill VII the Black Prince is indeed a better tank but that doesn't make it a good tank by any stretch of the imagination especially when you compare it to all of the other tier seven heavy tanks except for maybe the AMX M4 1945.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

More CDC talk

I'm starting to fell Wet ammo racks is a must when playing one, it seems like its ammo racks get damaged from a slight breeeze

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Holy crap, you can get account banned for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" !

Maybe submitting a ticket when people suicide intentionally or intentionally sabotage their team will do something? AhAHAHAHAH just kidding 1488 is still around and I am an egregious offender. I'm surprised this was only for a day considering how much of an rear end in a top hat I am to pubbies.

Will reply again if they tell me exactly what behavior led to me getting hit for a day.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 26, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Maybe submitting a ticket when people suicide intentionally or intentionally sabotage their team will do something? AhAHAHAHAH just kidding 1488 is still around and I am an egregious offender. I'm surprised this was only for a day considering how much of an rear end in a top hat I am to pubbies.

Will reply again if they tell me exactly what behavior led to me getting hit for a day.

Haha, your account was banned?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Haha, your account was banned?

Wouldn't be the first time - I've probably eaten more than twenty TK bans alone.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Huh that's interesting. Someone must have gone to the effort of submitting a real support ticket along with a replay and/or screenshots and gotten a sympathetic support tech who processed the ticket.

When I can't take pubbies anymore I've gone on drowning jags where I rotate dunking or crashing an Object 140, a Bat Chat or the FV4202 over and over and over until I get bored or I burn through a million plus credits in repair costs. I used to do it in all of my tier 10 mediums but I actually like the other ones and don't want to ruin my stats in them because I'm a vain stat-padding motherfucker.

Numerous people have claimed to have reported me (presumably via the in-game report system) and nothing has ever come of it.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

I really wouldn't call the invincible BP's armour layout "good", it is however "bullshit RNG defeater".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

I really wouldn't call the invincible BP's armour layout "good", it is however "bullshit RNG defeater".

It gets penned for damage through the track knees, and through the inside of the track sponson, which is just not acceptable. Good turret though.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Comfortable is how I'd rate the Black Prince. Its easy to drive, it will bounce a ton it shouldn't, the gun works well enough. The thing is, it isn't very good. Sure, compared to the poo poo parade that is the Church7 before it, the BP is incredible. But compared to most any other tier 7 heavy? Noooooope.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I had no trouble winning games in the BP. It's a nice tank.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm grinding the black prince right now and gently caress it so much. Have fun having to do 3 shots to every 1 from a t29 to kill it

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I quit this game a year ago, and my life has been better since that decision.

For some reason, I saw this thread and clicked it.

Is this game still horrible and unfun while also being full of the most retarded slime on the internet?

In other words, should I come back?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

Is this game still horrible and unfun while also being full of the most retarded slime on the internet?

It got worse. No I am not exaggerating. The playerbase is worse than you remember.

Stay away.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Hellsau posted:

It got worse. No I am not exaggerating. The playerbase is worse than you remember.

Stay away.

Right - I'll check back again in 12 months

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Hellsau posted:

Stay away.

He's not lying. I came back after a few months off and holy poo poo it's so loving bad now. Every match is won or lost on a margin of at least 7 or 8 tanks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Wow, I am a total retard. Evidently I can access the alpha test forums in Armored Warfare, which means I was apparently invited into the Alpha focus testing at some point. Sad thing is I never got an email notifying me, and this is after I recovered my old deleted emails and junk folder just to see if I missed it.

Yup, I have to agree the steamrolling in matches really has gotten worse for some absurd reason. Winning doesn't even seem as much fun when its like that.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Agrajag posted:

Wow, I am a total retard. Evidently I can access the alpha test forums in Armored Warfare, which means I was apparently invited into the Alpha focus testing at some point. Sad thing is I never got an email notifying me, and this is after I recovered my old deleted emails and junk folder just to see if I missed it.

It was mentioned in this thread, but not everyone who got in got an email. I'll :effort: an actual thread once the beta goes permanent, unless someone beats me to it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BP spawn hit R 3 times never stop, profit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I hate the Black Prince so much, but my win rate in it was 65%. :wtc:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I hate the Black Prince so much, but my win rate in it was 65%. :wtc:

I was platooning my BP with a Sturer, a Chi-Ri, and other known awful tier 7s. Finished the grind at 77% winrate and something insanely low like 1500 average damage. The thing could not lose even with me doing awfully in it.

Tier 7 heavies are the best.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

kv-220 is so stupidly op, I have almost an 80% win rate in it and most of that is solo-pubbing.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I was platooning my BP with a Sturer, a Chi-Ri, and other known awful tier 7s. Finished the grind at 77% winrate and something insanely low like 1500 average damage. The thing could not lose even with me doing awfully in it.

Tier 7 heavies are the best.
Except the AMX M4 mle 45, it's the worst.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Tiger P is so bad that it's not even getting it's existence acknowledged any more. Harsh.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Holy hell the depression on this CDC, not a bad tank even with no armor and no limited mm.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

PotatoManJack posted:

Yes, but you can now play Strongholds which are basically companies but with better rewards. Playing as a part of a semi-organized team and not having to deal with pubbie shitlers makes this game a lot more fun.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Any of the goon groups in the OP still active?

PANSY should be.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

PANSY should be.

Logged in for the first time in months and I am still in PANSY so I guess its still going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Uranium 235 posted:

Except the AMX M4 mle 45, it's the worst.

Run the 105mm on the M4 45, run only APCR, play it exactly like a T-43 or VK3002D. Congratulations, you have a 1200 hp tier 7 medium with 330 alpha, great DPM and insane pen, and the gun handling and armor problems don't matter anymore since you're face to face brawling and HP trading anyway.

The M4 45 is good with gold spam, which is way more than other bad tier 7s can say. Just having great pen and DPM makes it head and shoulders above other terrible tier 7s. It's basically a Chi-Ri with cheaper ammo and more pen and better DPM and more HP.