Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crevic
Aug 4, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Also didn't the guy who falsely leaked chorus men leak a lot of unlikely stuff, like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc?

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were both announced at E3 when the game was officially announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This would be interesting, actually. I don't know how you'd turn his character gimmick into a fighting game thing though, unless he literally just hurts his opponent's brains with challenging puzzles and then smashes them with his cane.

Professor Layton swordfights with a pipe on top of a giant mecha. He's already a Smash Bros. character, they just need to add him.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Crevic posted:

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were both announced at E3 when the game was officially announced

yeah and the original leaker predicted them the day before

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wolf is basically a shoe-in as DLC and if you don't believe it, well, quite frankly I don't know how you believe anything at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I had a really long fight on WarioWare and I think I know all the lyrics to that Ashley song now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's actually pretty catchy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol if you didn't already know the lyrics before Smash came out. loving scrub.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Louis God please don't be rude to someone who is trying their best.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm tired of posers that claim to be Nintendo fans with Nintendo avatars but they don't even know the most basic things, like the lyrics to the Ashley song, the secret of the slowed down Gamecube menu melody, or the Star Fox Adventures nude code.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Louisgod posted:

I'm tired of posers that claim to be Nintendo fans with Nintendo avatars but they don't even know the most basic things, like the lyrics to the Ashley song, the secret of the slowed down Gamecube menu melody, or the Star Fox Adventures nude code.
It gets worse. The Wii U is the first non-handheld Nintendo console I've bought since my Super Nintendo. I had a Gamecube for a few months but I played all the games I wanted on it.

I have never played a WarioWare game.

I don't like Pokemon.

I'm still a better poster than you.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Louisgod posted:

Star Fox Adventures nude code.

:boom:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't like Pokemon.

No wonder that LP is dead.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

No wonder that LP is dead.
It's not dead, but here's a secret: I haven't played a Pokemon game since probably 2002 or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reiley posted:

Wolf is basically a shoe-in as DLC and if you don't believe it, well, quite frankly I don't know how you believe anything at all.

There won't be any DLC so doesn't matter.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm still a better poster than you.

Big accomplishment there, congrats.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would make fun of you for trying to roll with the punches but I'm actually concerned that if a punch were to land directly your heart would just stop straight up.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would make fun of you for trying to roll with the punches but I'm actually concerned that if a punch were to land directly your heart would just stop straight up.

The only punching we should be talking about here is Settling It In Smash with me, which would be against Zelda and Peach, and punching them is disgraceful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda and Peach are extremely powerful, and I will not underestimate them.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I still miss Manager Joe's lines in the Mona Pizza song.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I still miss the Mona Pizza song that's not in smash 4 for some stupid reason, along with Mike's song.

Actually, is there some kind of beef with Wario Sakurai has or something? I'm pretty sure he has less music than in Brawl, no new remixes at all, Wario Land doesn't seem to exist at all, his series doesn't get a lot of trophy representation despite, he lost alternate costumes transitioning to Smash 4 (meanwhile, Little Mac gets 16), no masterpiece for either Wario Land or WarioWare, and even Wario himself seems to be sloppily made in this game as he's constantly clipping into himself with almost any kind of movement or attack.

Yes, I do like Wario Land, why do you ask?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bluff Buster posted:

Yes, I do like Wario Land, why do you ask?

Everyone likes Wario Land. There's no need to ask.

I'm still waiting for Wario Land 3D. :smith:

vvv Yes, and I can't figure why. In accordance with my loyalty to the real Wario games, his next representative should be Captain Syrup or Waluigi.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 26, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
weren't there a lot of people who were upset that ashley wasn't playable. I feel like that was a thing

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

IronicDongz posted:

weren't there a lot of people who were upset that ashley wasn't playable. I feel like that was a thing

I know there's a few, but honestly I love Wario Ware, and I'd be more upset if Ashley was playable over, say, Jimmy T.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven should be a playable character. I am serious.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven should be a playable character. I am serious.

The Hakan of Smash

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Reiley posted:

The Hakan of Smash

If nothing else, it would be worth it for the Amiibo

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I would be really pissed if they made professor layton use a sword at all.

Don't play any Professor Layton games then? He's a gentleman not a pacifist.

Reiley posted:

The only shooin as DLC is Mewtwo because they literally conceptualized the idea of creating a DLC character after finding out that the western audience had been expecting DLC after launching the video game. Work on Mewtwo BEGAN several months ago.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

zolthorg posted:

The only shooin as DLC is Mewtwo because they literally conceptualized the idea of creating a DLC character after finding out that the western audience had been expecting DLC after launching the video game. Work on Mewtwo BEGAN several months ago.

Listen buster, open up a 3DS sometime..... the fourth row is two Star Fox, five Pokemon, two Miscellaneous Others. Adding Mewtwo knock one Other to the fifth row, of Others. One character shy of a full, clean row. This ain't House MD over here.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The omega version of PokeFloats is just a rectangular pink block with Ditto's face on it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This, golden sun is a bad series and deserves to be forgotten.

Quoting this from the last page to let y'all know that I am suddenly uncomfortable reading this thread due to opinions such as this

Unless you're just talking about the DS game, then we're cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Listen buster, open up a 3DS sometime..... the fourth row is two Star Fox, five Pokemon, two Miscellaneous Others. Adding Mewtwo knock one Other to the fifth row, of Others. One character shy of a full, clean row. This ain't House MD over here.

This checks out. Wolf will be with us soon.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Reiley posted:

The Wii U select screen may have to get shuffled around a bit, though. If you add just Mewtwo now and bump everyone after him rightward/downward, you end up with the top row shorter than all the others. Then if you add another character like Wolf, you have to start bumping lots of characters leftward/upward, and that would split the Zelda and Kirby groups.

And once you're at the point of having to rearrange stuff anyway, all bets are off!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

Aren't Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven thought to be extremely likely if they release DLC? Beyond the false leaks, wasn't some chorus-men-related stuff found in the game code? Also didn't the guy who falsely leaked chorus men leak a lot of unlikely stuff, like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc? I don't remember the specifics of all the crazy leak stuff from pre-launch, I just remember seeing chorus men brought up everywhere.

Unused data for Chorus Kids was found in the game's code, more or less confirming the Gematsu leak was real.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

zolthorg posted:

I eventually beat this on 3ds with attack focused bowser. Defense is not always the way to go.

I beat it on 3DS no problem. WiiU version is so much harder. I'm tired of being frustrated with Smash Bros but I can't let these challenges go unbeaten.: (

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

The Wii U select screen may have to get shuffled around a bit, though. If you add just Mewtwo now and bump everyone after him rightward/downward, you end up with the top row shorter than all the others. Then if you add another character like Wolf, you have to start bumping lots of characters leftward/upward, and that would split the Zelda and Kirby groups.

And once you're at the point of having to rearrange stuff anyway, all bets are off!

The WiiU screen has a lot more room to work with, so it cannot be held as the standard. They could do literally whatever they want with it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zolthorg posted:

No poo poo he's not a pacifist. I just mean the sword is not even close to being the essence of his character, and he shouldn't use it in smash. I've played every Layton game front to back you poo poo head. Don't tell me not to play games I take extremely seriously and with respect. Sweet Jesus.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Phoenix Wright should be in the game and for his final smash he shoulder charges a door down. Also Larry Butz assist trophy

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So if I don't have the 3ds and Wiiu versions and not register both of them for the Mewtwo DLC, I can't get him ever?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They will probably make it possible to buy Mewtwo but they have not said so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Well that's beans. Anyways if anyone has an unredeemed 3ds code, I can trade a Hyrule Warriors code for it.

• Locked thread