Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

Then I assume you eat BBQ sauce or hot sauce like real men do. :colbert:

I have drowned more food in hot sauce than I care to remember

bbq sauce is solid, but not for most sandwiches

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Huh, what? What happened with NMH?

It wasn't the solo playthrough, but at the end of the previous No More Heroes LP (turns out it was 2) you guys started going "Rules of nature!!" during the Jasper Batt Jr finisher so I paired them up and it went pretty well.

edit: See also: Indigo Prophecy kung fu bullshit, my personal favorite.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 25, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

It's slower than SF4 for starters just by looking at it, everything has stupid amounts of hitstun, and on top of that poo poo like the special modes where you can just fill the screen with projectiles like this is Marvel 3 is stupid. The game's obviously still really early and I liked everything I saw in the Charlie trailer, but I am not going to be excited for the game until it at least hits SF3 speed. The thing about that is though they've got plenty of time to fix stuff up and the competitive player reaction is also not incredibly favorable towards it either with even guys like Daigo not really caring for it.

It took you this long?

Oh I meant graphically

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I agree with Pat's opinion on mayo on burgers. Mayonnaise on certain sandwiches, however, is pretty much the best.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh I meant graphically

Oh definitely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mayo on burgs is good, but only as a nice thin layer on the bottom bun to catch juices without letting the bun get soggy, people who slather it on are loving animals.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Plain mayo is only okay as a thin layer, flavored mayos are better like sriracha mayo.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Compendium posted:

Plain mayo is only okay as a thin layer, flavored mayos are better like sriracha mayo.

This kid knows what's up. Also gently caress miracle whip go for the real deal.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Also, holy poo poo that intro for Mystery Box, props to the animator, seriously.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just watched the latest Parasite Eve, is Liam racist? Why would he make Woolie read Terra form?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is that the thing with roach Martians?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Just watched the latest Parasite Eve, is Liam racist? Why would he make Woolie read Terra form?

I need to catch up on the Parasite Eve LP.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

I dunno about you, but Woolie's straight talk about racism and such is both entertaining and illuminating. Them talking about the true meaning of moolie was amazing.

I kinda want to see his reaction to Terraformars

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The camera in Drake and the 99 Dragons is physically hurting me, and I'm not a guy that gets motion-sickness that easily. Holy poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That mystery box video was so good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I paused the video to go watch Colin's Bear again the moment it was mentioned because it's so good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They have talked about Terraformars before. It was was something like: Woolie: "Liam am I crazy for thinking the roaches look-" Liam: "No I think that's intentional"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Charles Martel posted:

Yeah, like Matt said, I also wish I had a cup of cocoa while just listening to him tell stories. No wonder he got a high-quality VO gig like that. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would (never played a Silent Hill game past the first one).

I watched the Fungo LP of Silent Hill 2 that was mentioned and they had Guy read most of the memos in the game. He has such a great voice for it! Dave Schaufele (the voice of Eddie) also shows up for commentary at one point. The only downside is it's pretty much a speedrun.

Tae posted:

It's also possible he's a bit desensitized because frankly Japan is still a bit clueless and really blatantly racist at times. So if you watch a lot of anime/play a lot of Japanese games you will have to learn to overlook some pretty cringeworthy stuff sometimes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Terraformars is dumb, everyone knows that the only things you'll find on Mars are mice who are also bikers. Someone should let Woolie know that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Mario RPG episode spoilers in case anyone cares about that kind of thing: They spend the entire episode fighting Culex.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's super lame that the guys just instantly looked up a guide to beat Culex, it's the only thing that could of given them trouble and they didn't even try :sigh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair Culex could 'give them trouble' in the sense of needing multiple episodes to fight and there's literally nothing worse for an LP of an RPG then spending multiple episodes fighting the same boss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That isn't a problem, because they have edited multiple attempts at boss fights in the past. I mean you thought Dark Souls 2 was long, consider that half the boss fights were edited down severely from many tries.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also imagine they just weren't super hyped to fight a really lovely boss multiple times.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I don't really see what the big deal is about looking stuff up? Pretty much all they found were some vague stats/weaknesses that they pretty much ignored and some trivia about the soundtrack.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ahahaha, more Mystery Box, please! I can't decide what I liked more, Pat getting run over by a fire truck and taxi cabs, or Liam finishing the level by almost getting killed by a random explosion. What a great choice for the pilot episode.

Truth be told, it doesn't look like that bad of a game. If you want to scrape the bottom of the barrel of original XBox games, try Pulse Racer, Bruce Lee: Quest for the Dragon, or my personal vote for the worst of them all...Sneakers.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
It would be so, so sweet if that elaborate title animation was all just to put a one-off video of Drake of the 99 Dragons in a high-end equivalent of a brown paper bag.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea you know I want more Mystery Box, but if this was the most elaborate 'we wanna do this video but we wanna surprise people' bit, that'd be pretty great too.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Mystery Box really needs a bit where you guys reach into the box, pull something out and then have reactions from everybody as it's revealed.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
EP 2 of Life is Strange - wow that dialogue went downhill super fast. The part with the skateboarders nearly made me vomit. Wikipedia'd much?

Also, FF SPIRITS WITHIN WHAT THE gently caress?!

Quality LP, I am super excited to see how deep this goes.

EDIT: Bond-a-thon, bring it on!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Travis Touchdown is trying to sell me fast food, what should I do

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Maybe you should put it in your body if you don't wanna be a nerd!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Put it in your body, FUCKHEAD

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Radio Paranoia posted:

Mystery Box really needs a bit where you guys reach into the box, pull something out and then have reactions from everybody as it's revealed.
This. Absolutely this. Rehearse it, or record it live, either way it'll be a great pre-intro bit.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

This is a great idea. Everyone loves the 'batsu live bits, and an intro like this would only ever have to be 20 seconds, tops.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

beep by grandpa posted:

This is a great idea. Everyone loves the 'batsu live bits, and an intro like this would only ever have to be 20 seconds, tops.
Someone asked on the subreddit, and Liam said it was unlikely for a few reasons - the videos are being done all over the place, not everyone's present for every video, not everyone has cameras, aaaand some of the games in the box are either digital downloads or have long since lost their box/case.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Kins posted:

Someone asked on the subreddit, and Liam said it was unlikely for a few reasons - the videos are being done all over the place, not everyone's present for every video, not everyone has cameras, aaaand some of the games in the box are either digital downloads or have long since lost their box/case.

I think I got the wrong impression about what they were asking. My impression is that they wanted it to just be a stock B-roll where they pull something out of the box- blurred or cleverly out of direct camera view- and then cut to their faces for the reactions. And then just use that for all the videos.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

The Kins posted:

I can't see how any of this is a problem. If the level of quality is Drake-ish, it would be even better!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Kins posted:

I don't see any problems here. Call me a weirdo but a 12 second clip of Pat by himself holding the camera with one hand and awkwardly pulling out a black dvd case with no cover on it while accidentally set to record at 240p would be my favorite thing ever.

edit: btw before someone jumps down my throat, the part where I said "I don't see any problems here" was said jokingly

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
We're not doing the live action reaction bits. End of story.