Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What the gently caress is even supposed to be going on in this picture? Why does the invisible blue-haired man have a crystal ball for a head? Why is he loading what appears to be chalk into some sort of amorphous phantasm gun... thing? How is Green Dude's hand grabbing Invisible Dude's ball-head from behind despite the former's arm clearly reaching for it from the front? Why is Green Dude's afro made out of radioactive plutonium? Why does Green Dude switch grabbing arms between the last two panels? Why everything? :psyboom:

You have no idea how bad I wish I could read whatever's in those speech balloons.

(The rest of those are awesome btw)

Waffleman_ posted:

Thank you for letting me know that you think a character from a Nickelodeon cartoon (or Nicktoon, in the common parlance) is a "stuck-up bitch." That's definitely not doubling down on the creepy.

Edit: Also, said character is an elementary school student.

Thank you for proving that you're a literal Tumblr hugbox-dwelling child that cares way too much about people calling cartoon characters names. And that you've apparently never watched an episode of Hey Arnold in your whole life.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
who loving cares if someone cares too much about a cartoon character

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

who loving cares if someone cares too much about a cartoon character

One time in the Adult Swim thread I called Naruto a "big wet French pussy" for not killing some badguy dude, and Aatrek probated me for it.

So...... I guess Aatrek?

I don't get it. I thought Aatrek loved 9-year-old pussies.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

One time in the Adult Swim thread I called Naruto a "big wet French pussy" for not killing some badguy dude, and Aatrek probated me for it.

So...... I guess Aatrek?

I don't get it. I thought Aatrek loved 9-year-old pussies.

How long have you wanted to make that joke?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Dr. Killjoy posted:

This loving guy.

*muffled* call...the...police...

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

David Copperfield posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQ_Ac0uQr0

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Seven years and that's the best he could do?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I guess this counts as fanart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kCiZQi3Jg

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

poo poo, is it Granos?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Maybe :nws:?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Link already has a stand. Her name is Fi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Link already has a stand. Her name is Fi.

gently caress, I just realized that Skull Kid's stand is the moon.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Amazing, a fetish I've never seen

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Captainsalami posted:

Amazing, a fetish I've never seen

I have such sites to show you.
http://landcforum.com/forums/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2792621/man-sex-cars-describes-lost-virginity-neighbour-s-volkswagen-beetle.html

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

pulp rag posted:

gently caress, I just realized that Skull Kid's stand is the moon.

:vince:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxfDvSyPKA

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Please explain the first one. Surely there isn't a forum for people carrying each other. I've never been more amazed and disgusted by the internet in ny life

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

this is a better tf2 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPexIWhB_50

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Captainsalami posted:

amazed and disgusted
As readily as weird subcultures form between partial anonymity and communications that travel at the speed of stupid, it's more surprising when it's possible to think of something that isn't already a fetish.

Probably isn't that hard to invent a new paraphilia just for the sake of it, or someone more enterprising (and less lazy) could turn it into a profit.

Profitsss? On a hunch, googled "ferengi dildo" because Teladi are just a direct ripoff. It has apparently been done already on at least three separate occasions. Didn't see any actual merchandise but not gonna look that hard. :negative:

Captainsalami posted:

Surely there isn't a forum for people carrying each other.
There does seem to be such a thing, and as much as I would like to post something witty with a "-and don't call me Shirley" reference, there seems to be a lack of Airplane! fanart... so we'll go with the next worst thing.

(edit:timg'd)

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From what I'm hearing, that's actually supposed to be a joke on how stupid gritty reboots are that nobody loving got, and I'm kinda inclined to believe it in this case because nobody makes something this horrid and cynical in earnest. It hits too many loving bullet points.

Edit: Also, never do that with dialogue subtitles EVER. Not even as a joke.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I seriously hope Waffleman_ is right, I absolutely hate all the gritty reboots of stuff lately.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I'm hearing, that's actually supposed to be a joke on how stupid gritty reboots are that nobody loving got, and I'm kinda inclined to believe it in this case because nobody makes something this horrid and cynical in earnest. It hits too many loving bullet points.

Apparently: http://antiviral.gawker.com/the-dark-gritty-power-rangers-reboot-is-actually-a-bri-1688005186

quote:

Everyone's losing their got-drat minds about Joseph Kahn's dark'n'gritty short film reboot of beloved '90s kids' action franchise Power Rangers, which features near-blockbuster-level production, meticulous editing, and tense scenes between James Van Der Beek and Katee Sackhoff. Holy poo poo, it's amazing! So dark, so R-rated! When can we see this cinematic masterpiece?

Sorry, nerds: Kahn says the joke's on us—and on the Hollywood darkening and grittifying machine that's given us Grown Up reboots of lightweight childhood franchises, board games, and even Batman.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Has there been any recent examples of originally gritty franchises being rebooted as family-friendly? Like how Toxic Crusaders and Robocop got turned into Saturday morning cartoons?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It pretty clearly is, but never underestimate the weird capacity of overgrown children-- re: the biggest and loudest consumers of media--to misinterpret "adult content" with "vindication as adult material." That's been the entire marketing thesis behind WB's adaptation of DC properties since Batman Begins.

It's a clear immature misconception that somehow what types of media speaks to us and how that media is perceived in society at large is synonymous with our depth and capacity as individuals, although there is a solid base of truth to it-- most people will perceive actors who can recite and understand MacBeth and Hamlet as deeper, more sophisticated, and more intelligent than the kids who so meticulously analyzed a late 90s teen show about vampires that they created a giant pop culture encyclopedia, even though both demonstrate different types of real intelligence.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Channing Tatum plays a human-wolf hybrid in Jupiter Ascending.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This is gold.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

FutonForensic posted:

Has there been any recent examples of originally gritty franchises being rebooted as family-friendly? Like how Toxic Crusaders and Robocop got turned into Saturday morning cartoons?
You mean like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The happiest goddamn snake.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Michaellaneous posted:

The happiest goddamn snake.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Serperoth posted:

I seriously hope Waffleman_ is right, I absolutely hate all the gritty reboots of stuff lately.

I know it's :can: but I really agree. I felt this way about Man of Steel especially. Not to say that the original Superman live action films were perfect or anything but they were at least fun and kids could enjoy them. Now everything has this bullshit grimdark edge to it for no reason. Mich as I think the Dark Knight Returns is a masterpiece (even with how much I loathe current day Frank Miller) I really blame it for this current trend of everything needing to be ~gritty~ and ~dark~

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was the only adaption of Watchmen that Moore approved of.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 09:26 on Feb 26, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, it was.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Captainsalami posted:

Please explain the first one. Surely there isn't a forum for people carrying each other. I've never been more amazed and disgusted by the internet in ny life
http://thefpl.us/episode/166

Enjoy your stay on the Internet

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Everyone needs to listen to the Fplus. Lock up the guns first because sometimes it can be challenging.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Tracula posted:

Everyone needs to listen to the Fplus. Lock up the guns first because sometimes it can be challenging.

Every episode makes me glad I'm alive and have never been a part even tangentially related to anything they've read. It's like going to Wal-Mart and just looking around to make yourself feel better.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Guillermo del Totoro?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
During Pacific Rim, he would pretend to be Totoro to calm down the actress who played young Mako. I'm not sure why this merits fan art, but I'm not sure about anything in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

During Pacific Rim, he would pretend to be Totoro to calm down the actress who played young Mako. I'm not sure why this merits fan art, but I'm not sure about anything in this thread.

Because that owns.

• Locked thread