Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-587/

Jesus christ, what are you doing, big guy?

The worst thing about Glitchmaster's coming power play is that things like this might happen less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

aegof posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-587/

Jesus christ, what are you doing, big guy?

The worst thing about Glitchmaster's coming power play is that things like this might happen less.

Or more, given that Nightmare Knight is gonna inevitably join the party at this point. NK is the best. Where the heck did he get all the candy tho, did he stop by Caketowns bakery on the way to the Flower Kingdom?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Oh my god, I'm just dying. :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Kikas posted:

Where the heck did he get all the candy tho, did he stop by Caketowns bakery on the way to the Flower Kingdom?

He secretly took it with his Knightmare powers (and left money on the counter).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Aw man, Rosemaster's gonna be miffed when she sees what he did with her flowers.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Also, Almond demonstrates the perfect treasure chest etiquette/mimic defense technique.

'BAM!'

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm going to assume he made all that stuff himself until shown otherwise, because it's funnier that way

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Also, Almond demonstrates the perfect treasure chest etiquette/mimic defense technique.

'BAM!'

Almond subscribes to the Ganondorf school of chest opening.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Clearly the chest (and everything in it) is a mimic with a very specific taste for Carrot. And superior knowledge of its prey.

But seriously, if that's Parfait's real letter, that's a helluva elaborate care package that NK put together. Unless the magic of True Love spawns cookies and tchotchkes for free.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At this rate it's even odds

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I mean, NK had to put the chest next to the trophy and put enough stuff in it to distract the heroes for long enough that Rosemaster's weird not-so-bright flowers would think they had the important macguffin when they do not so that Rosie doesn't get her hands on it and actually succeed.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I mean, NK had to put the chest next to the trophy and put enough stuff in it to distract the heroes for long enough that Rosemaster's weird not-so-bright flowers would think they had the important macguffin when they do not so that Rosie doesn't get her hands on it and actually succeed.

That's actually a pretty cunning way to undermine Rosemaster.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

IMJack posted:

Clearly the chest (and everything in it) is a mimic with a very specific taste for Carrot. And superior knowledge of its prey.

But seriously, if that's Parfait's real letter, that's a helluva elaborate care package that NK put together. Unless the magic of True Love spawns cookies and tchotchkes for free.

He has magical powers it took him like a second.

You will not convince me NK did not do this in order to convey Parfait's affections even further than the letter.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The candy and stuff was from NK to Cucumber. Clever boys need their glucose!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

WarpedNaba posted:

The candy and stuff was from NK to Cucumber. Clever boys need their glucose!

Regardless, if gigi doesn't draw NK doing some baking it will be a crime.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The crime would be drawing him without wearing one of those little frilly aprons.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I just assumed that a letter from Parfait naturally generates a tasteful arrangement of baked goods, like a mollusk forming a protective shell.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

There's only one place the cookies could've come from.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Now that's how you undercut a villain. Good work kids.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-588/
This sure does remind me of those "Let's destroy Metal Gear" comics Gigi did waaaaaaay back in that day.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kikas posted:

This sure does remind me of those "Let's destroy Metal Gear" comics Gigi did waaaaaaay back in that day.

Not enough pfffs

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Kikas posted:

Not enough Codec Calls.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-589/

So the trophy's apparently a magic power multiplier. I can see why Glitchmaster would want that.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Guardener gets no respect, no respect at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love that the Guardener just powers through the comments about the puns.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Chard posted:

Guardener gets no respect, no respect at all.

Chances that she is the last hidden descendent of the flower kingdom royal family?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
So it was "Hocus Crocus" that I realised that Gigi is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just quickly searched the thread, but haven't seen anyone else suggest this so...

Based on the name, I think "nightmare_child_35" is Dahlia.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Izzhov posted:

I just quickly searched the thread, but haven't seen anyone else suggest this so...

... what?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Oh, I meant based on the username "nightmare child," since Dahlia is hella goth. Totally the type to call herself a nightmare child.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Izzhov posted:

I think the joke (from "panpipe’s gonna be pretty riled up when nightmare_child_35 gives up fanfiction to do her own thing") is that nightmare_child_35 is a proxy for gigi herself.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Carrasco posted:

I think the joke (from "panpipe’s gonna be pretty riled up when nightmare_child_35 gives up fanfiction to do her own thing") is that nightmare_child_35 is a proxy for gigi herself.

Oh, yes, that was definitely the joke of that footnote. Doesn't mean she (i.e. nightmare_child) can't also have a canon in-comic identity, though!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

New comic up.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards 'lost princess' at this point, too.

Also, Cabbage in those panels is awesome, though I think he's working for the bad guys at this point.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Cabbage, what are you doing. Cabbage, stop :ohdear:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

J.A.B.C. posted:

New comic up.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards 'lost princess' at this point, too.

Also, Cabbage in those panels is awesome, though I think he's working for the bad guys at this point.

Cabbage only ever works towards Getting Paid. If villainy is more profitable well then that's just good people's own fault for paying too little.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's probably Bagel

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Cabbage would never work for the bad guys.

Because he's helping them out anyway, so they'd be foolish to pay him for it when they don't have to.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rand Brittain posted:

Cabbage would never work for the bad guys.

Because he's helping them out anyway, so they'd be foolish to pay him for it when they don't have to.
Anyone can crush a Legendary Hero's body. But only Cabbage can crush his self-esteem.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Cosmo, that better not be you again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Poison Mushroom posted:

Anyone can crush a Legendary Hero's body. But only Cabbage can crush his self-esteem.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cabbage isn't the only one who can crush Cucumber's self esteem.