Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Toxsyl posted:

Sad I can't use a controller, but faster load times, and I swear someone said I can use my save from the wii version is a big buy this eshop version consideration.

you can use your save it imported mine just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.

Haruharuharuko posted:

you can use your save it imported mine just fine.

Welp, time to buy this loving game again.
Did you have to go through the wii to wii u transfer BS, or is it a simple would you like to use a wii save option?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Toxsyl posted:

Welp, time to buy this loving game again.
Did you have to go through the wii to wii u transfer BS, or is it a simple would you like to use a wii save option?

I'm sure if you copy the save from the Wii to the Wii U it'll automatically recognize it and use it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

But if you've done the Wii > Wuu transfer (and really there's no reason you shouldn't) your save will already be there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE's site has OlliOlli Wii U listed for March 5, 13.49EUR.

They (Curve) said the 3DS version would be out the same day, but I don't see it listed anywhere.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

jivjov posted:

But they'll list out how many content packs you're getting, etc. I literally never seen a season pass that just gives a non specific "and some future stuff" listing.

Maybe they don't all itemize it out to the degree Hyrule Warriors did, but they'll at least say "3 content packs" or "2 DLC campaigns" or something.

I'm aware they usually do this, but even if they let you know that doesn't mean I have to like it. The value of a season pass as I perceive it is in some part the convenience of a one time fee without having to hassle about buying all the individual stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Agreed. I wish theatrhythm had a season pass...or at least a cart system. It's not bad if you're buying 2 or 3 songs, but I got a $20 eshop card as a gift, spent it all on DLC songs, and it just gets tedious. No one download was too long, but it would have been so easy to streamline the process.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe there's a patent issue on shopping carts for handheld games.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hope that MK8 Soundtrack shows up on NA Club Nintendo, holy poo poo I would be all over that

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Am I crazy or did someone say Kirby Return to Dreamland would be up on the WiiU Eshop? I just checked and it's not on there and really want to buy that. American store btw if that matters.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
It went up on the PAL store last week, you're probably thinking of that.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Champeenship posted:

It went up on the PAL store last week, you're probably thinking of that.

drat! Any chance of it coming to the US?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm also waiting for a U.S. release.

And when will they put The Mysterious Murasame Castle on the Wii U?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hope that MK8 Soundtrack shows up on NA Club Nintendo, holy poo poo I would be all over that

Not gonna happen. NA CN already said that the current selection is all the rewards we are getting except for Gold/Platinum stuff which will be digital titles only.

Also I wish they would add more Wii VC in NA, seems like NA is the one that's getting utterly ignored after MPT while EU, AUS, and JPN still have neat stuff coming out like Pandora's Tower.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

planetarial posted:

Not gonna happen. NA CN already said that the current selection is all the rewards we are getting except for Gold/Platinum stuff which will be digital titles only.

Also I wish they would add more Wii VC in NA, seems like NA is the one that's getting utterly ignored after MPT while EU, AUS, and JPN still have neat stuff coming out like Pandora's Tower.

When did they say that platinum rewards would be digital only? I don't care, because I would grab a game over some knick knack or soundtrack, but I didn't see a press release where they said digital only.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

When did they say that platinum rewards would be digital only? I don't care, because I would grab a game over some knick knack or soundtrack, but I didn't see a press release where they said digital only.

Nintendo posted:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

planetarial posted:

It's par for the course with virtual console. GBA was the same way, after they ran through the initially announced selection they went on break before coming back with more titles. They also really need to get more first party GBA titles up, I don't think Mario vs Donkey Kong is up, right?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's par for the course with virtual console. GBA was the same way, after they ran through the initially announced selection they went on break before coming back with more titles. They also really need to get more first party GBA titles up, I don't think Mario vs Donkey Kong is up, right?

Yeah that and Fire Emblem 8 are the only two I think from the 3DS ambassador program that they haven't issued on the Wii U yet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 26):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    SDK Paint - €4.49 / £3.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors Boss Pack - €2.99 / £2.69
  • Boss Challenge
  • Ganon's Fury
  • Costumes for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Cia and Lana
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Cybernator (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Pac-Attack (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Batman Arham City: Armoured Edition (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Batman Arham Origins (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Batman Arham Origins Blackgate HD (Wii U eShop) - €14.99 / £10.99 until March 4
    Game Party Champions (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 3; Beyond Gotham (Wii U) - €44.99 / £34.99 until March 4
    Lego The Hobbit (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Angry Birds Star Wars (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Angry Birds Trilogy (Wii U) - €19.99 / £14.99 until March 5
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - €24.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    The Amazing Spiderman (Wii U) - €24.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    The Lego Movie Videogame (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers Prime; The Game (Wii U) - €24.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Spy Chameleon (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 5
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from until March 12
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 26

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hello Kitty & Sanrio Friends 3D Racing - €39.99 / £29.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mes Comptines - €4.99 / £4.49
    Zombie Incident - €1.99 / £1.99
    Best of Arcade Games - Tetraminos - €9.99 / £8.99
    Titan Attacks! - €9.99 / £7.99
    VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 - €2.99 / £2.69 (permanent price reduction)
3DS MENU THEMES (February 27)
    Craft Paper Kirby - €1.99 / £1.79
    Kirby Sweet Gourmet Race - €1.99 / £1.79
    Smiling Kirby - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 until March 4
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €12.99 / £11.69 until March 4
    Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (3DS) - €34.99 / £24.99 until March 4
    Lego Legends of Chima; Laval's Journey (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Ninjago: Nindroids (3DS) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego The Hobbit (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    The Lego Movie Videogame (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Angry Birds Star Wars (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Angry Birds Trilogy (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park (3DS) - €19.99 / £12.99 until March 5
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - €25.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Amazing Spiderman (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers Prime: The Game (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Beyblade Evolution - [/i]€7.99 / £7.99 until March 5[/i]
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 until March 5[/i]
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 until March 5[/i]
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - [/i]€11.99 / £11.99 until March 5[/i]
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - [/i]€9.99 / £7.99 until March 5[/i]
    Super Black Bass 3D (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 until March 5[/i]
    Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - [/i]€9.99 / £8.99 until March 5[/i]
    Hometown Story (3DS) - [/i]€14.99 / £14.99 until March 5[/i]
    Toys vs. Monsters (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until March 12

NA update (week of February 26):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    GravBlocks+ - $4.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - $7.99
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - $7.99
    Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any DK Country/Land VC game, get 30% off DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns 3D! - ends March 3
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until March 5
    Toon Tanks (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until March 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ironfall: Invasion - free trial, single-player/multiplayer campaigns $9.99 each
    Titan Attacks! - $9.99
    Van Helsing Sniper ZX100 - $2.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Land (Game Boy) - $4.99
    Donkey Kong Land 2 (Game Boy) - $4.99
    Donkey Kong Land 3 (Game Boy) - $4.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES: Donkey Kong - $1.99
    Monster Hunter 4: Hunter's Seal - $1.99 (February 28)
    Monster Hunter 4: Palicoes 4 Ever - $1.99 (February 28)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any DK Country/Land VC game, get 30% off DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns 3D! - ends March 3
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS) - $3.99 until March 5
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until March 9
    Disney Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS) - $19.99 until March 9
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Happy DK day, NA!

Take note of the sale, too - buying any of the new VC games gets you a discount on the new DKC games for Wii U/3DS.

Cybernator is way better than all those games, though, let's just make that clear.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I am straight out surprised Nintendo didn't drag the DKC series out across a few weeks/months and just handed them all over at once.

Guess I'm buying some VC poo poo today.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Will Shovel Knight ever go on sale again? I missed it the one time I saw it less than $14.99 due to poverty. I want to shovel :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Which DKC game is the best one? I played the GBC version of the original as a kid but never either of the others.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Which DKC game is the best one? I played the GBC version of the original as a kid but never either of the others.

2, then 1, then 3 I think is the popular consensus.

The GBC ones are all loving terrible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

epsilon posted:

Will Shovel Knight ever go on sale again? I missed it the one time I saw it less than $14.99 due to poverty. I want to shovel :(

The Shovel Knight devs aren't really enthused about constant sales and they're in a position where they don't really have to regularly cut the price, but II'm sure it'll happen eventually, maybe a little closer to the Sony release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

loving finally, christ.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of February 26):

NA update (week of February 26):

Happy DK day, NA!

Take note of the sale, too - buying any of the new VC games gets you a discount on the new DKC games for Wii U/3DS.

Cybernator is way better than all those games, though, let's just make that clear.

I swore that DKC was taken off of the Wii VC due to it being Rare's property or something like that. What happened there?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Slur posted:

I swore that DKC was taken off of the Wii VC due to it being Rare's property or something like that. What happened there?

It disappeared from the Wii VC for reasons unknown, now it's back on the Wii U VC and we will never know why it took so long or why they took it down to begin with.

It's like what happened with Earthbound: people spent years coming up with theories to explain why it wasn't on the Wii VC but the answer turned out to be "they didn't feel like releasing it, but then they did".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vegastar posted:

Really? I remember liking it well enough. But it's been years and I never played the originals to compare. To clarify, I'm not talking about Donkey Kong Land.

Regardless, I guess I'll pick up 2 first and go from there.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Really? I remember liking it well enough. But it's been years and I never played the originals to compare. To clarify, I'm not talking about Donkey Kong Land.

Regardless, I guess I'll pick up 2 first and go from there.

Oh, I don't think I ever played the DKC GBC port. I honestly forgot that even existed, but I was referring to DKL, which is still awful.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
So, Club Nintendo question. I have 240 coins (Zen Pinball Wii U & that Taikai 2 demo or whatever didn't give me post-play surveys even though I downloaded them almost 2 weeks ago) and my wife was asking about getting Mario 64 on our Wii U. Is there a list of < $10 games that will net me 10 coins? Or am I better off spending $10 on Mario 64 directly and getting something else on Club Nintendo?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Slur posted:

The DKC games have not and never will be Rare's games. Everything created for them has been used and reused even after Rare's sale, including the Kremlings in one of the Mario Strikers games.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

So, Club Nintendo question. I have 240 coins (Zen Pinball Wii U & that Taikai 2 demo or whatever didn't give me post-play surveys even though I downloaded them almost 2 weeks ago) and my wife was asking about getting Mario 64 on our Wii U. Is there a list of < $10 games that will net me 10 coins? Or am I better off spending $10 on Mario 64 directly and getting something else on Club Nintendo?
Here is a list of how much points products give on the club nintendo site. Scroll down to software and you can select Wii U or 3DS too.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Fritzler posted:

Here is a list of how much points products give on the club nintendo site. Scroll down to software and you can select Wii U or 3DS too.

Handy! Thanks!

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Is it possible to get games from other VCs on the Wii U or 3DS?

I've been informed that Bubble Bobble exists on the Wii U/3DS VC in Japan, but not the US. I know it's available on Wii, but that has its own host of downsides I'll skip if I can get it on Wii U somehow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No you can't. Region locking is absolute.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

EVGA Longoria posted:

Is it possible to get games from other VCs on the Wii U or 3DS?

I've been informed that Bubble Bobble exists on the Wii U/3DS VC in Japan, but not the US. I know it's available on Wii, but that has its own host of downsides I'll skip if I can get it on Wii U somehow.

Nope, region lock and whatnot.

Using alternate methods to install other region VC games on a Wii with firmware from different from the region (as in, JP games on a US console) just prompts the system to tell you that you can't play the game and lock up. Of course if you load them through a USB loader or otherwise they load fine so its just some bullshit.

3DS and Wii U games have no way of doing it at all currently.

e:f;b

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vegastar posted:

2, then 1, then 3 I think is the popular consensus.

1 is iconic but 3 is better. Playing them in order is recommended.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

1 is iconic but 3 is better. Playing them in order is recommended.

See, 1 is my personal favorite, but I had always thought in terms of quality that was the most common set of opinions. I'm buyin' em all because Nintendo just devours my paychecks these days anyway so why the gently caress not.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
DKC1 is still a great platformer on its own, but it lacks the stuff that was added in the later games, like Hero coins, interesting bonus levels and secret levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

DKC1 is still a great platformer on its own, but it lacks the stuff that was added in the later games, like Hero coins, interesting bonus levels and secret levels.

I still remember being like, 5 years old and 100%ing DKC. Finding that last secret room INSIDE another secret room was such a dick move. Maybe it's just nostalgia for me. I don't think I ever even really gave 3 a fair shake.