Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Does it even have persistent characters i thought it was the same deal as uhhh 3 I think where you just create your party semi-classic wrpg style. I ask because I'm playing 4&5 maaaybe 6 in anticipation of DQH and I could work 9 in I guess. I bought a ps4 primarily for a musou game that may not ever come out here because I'm stupid, to answer in advance the question that you'd like to answer my question with.

You start with one character you create and eventually get three more party members, also created by you. You can (and will probably need to) change your characters' classes over the course of the game, but they'll stay in your party unless you kick them out.

Unlucky7 posted:

So would you guys say that the game is worth getting right now, or should we wait if more patches are incoming?

If you're certain you want it, you may as well get it now. It has no issues that I've seen and is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Well I can already speak of one bug:

I went through the gallery to hear Sima Yi's new lines. Nowhere near as impactful as the original Sima Yi (R.I.P.), but then I went to his enemy officer defeated line and...heard a Cao Cao line.

Then I went to Cao Cao's enemy officer defeated line and it sounded like Sima Yi grumbling about something??

I haven't played as anyone yet but I hope this is just a gallery bug and not a real mixup...

Edit: Oh yeah, huge voice mixup. Zhang Jiao has the voice of Lianshi or someone.

:negative:

Morter fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 25, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, voices are apparently super screwy.

Though I have to say the Stele is a ridiculously fun weapon. Poison mushroom! Coconuts!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DW8E is getting a Free to Play version next month.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Will this be on PS4? Either way, I think I may wait for this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh...huh. Out of all the games to go F2P, dynasty warriors is a surprise.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Not especially. They've tried their hand at the MMO bit previously. Taking this tack with Empires kinda makes sense given the create-a-character and open nature.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If (really, when) they make a Samurai Warriors 4: Empires which formula will they follow? 3: Empires never came out in the US and if I recall correctly that game did some fairly different things.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Well that's interesting. That says PS+ gets Empires mode too. I wonder what will be different from the FtP and the retail versions? I've been on the fence at the moment and this will definitely get me to hold off.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

In unsurprising news, DQ Heroes just got a western confirmation.

I'm really torn on if I want to bite the bullet on Empires right now or wait a little bit, urgh.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

If this is true, I suppose I could wait on getting my copy a bit...

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
The only way to transfer created characters from 7: Empires to 8 is via the FtP game, for some reason. It won't matter to most people, but for spergs like me with 200 or so created character in 7 Empires, it's a reason to delay getting the game.

Also, Koei on twitter have acknowledged the audio issues and have passed it on to the dev team, so hopefully we'll get fixes soon.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The first thing the game asked me after it created system data was if I wanted to import my 7:E characters, so I'm not sure where that comes from.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I haven't played yet but it sounds like the voice overs are still all messed up as well. Is there a way to just turn off VO until they get it sorted out? If that's the only issue, I'm fine with that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

The GIG posted:

The first thing the game asked me after it created system data was if I wanted to import my 7:E characters, so I'm not sure where that comes from.

Yeah I also have my characters ported successfully, and I didn't even know about the FtP game, so that's an unfounded statement.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Ha, that's what I get for getting most of my info from fansites. My bad.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

iastudent posted:

If this is true, I suppose I could wait on getting my copy a bit...

They're only bringing over the PS4 version it seems.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Only the PS4 version, though :(

e:f;b

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Steam version of DW8:E is being released earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/koeigames

quote:

The STEAM release for Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will be the same timing worldwide.

EU: Feb 27th, 2:00AM, GMT
US: Feb 26th, 5:00PM, PST

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Gotta say I really like the prefect role now being like a mini ruler, right to owning the territory for places you win while you are commander.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
DQ heroes is the only musou game I'm interested in and im glad it's coming out. Hopefully it's good

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lol did a mission where I had to kill Liu Bei on a time limit and accidentally knocked him out of the map.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is there a guide to how to earn different Ways of Life in Empires 8? There's nothing in game that I can find and some of these are pretty esoteric, like Humble Retainer is most easily gotten by using the rest command for two years.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

They're only bringing over the PS4 version it seems.

As a PS4 owner, I'm okay with this.

:smug:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Maleketh posted:

As a PS4 owner, I'm okay with this.

:smug:

:agreed: but I do feel for those without it yet.

A huge snowstorm is rolling in tonight and I want to go pick up 8:E so bad before then. cmon work end already

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Picked up 8E for PS4, had 7E on PS3 but that was on a different PS3. Ah well, no data import for me. Made a couple of NJPW guys real quick though.

Does 8E let other people's CAWs into your game like 7E did? I want my Swagsuke running around the world and looking fabulous, and I also want as many He Mans and Hung Dongs running around my game as possible :getin:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Static Rook posted:

Picked up 8E for PS4, had 7E on PS3 but that was on a different PS3. Ah well, no data import for me. Made a couple of NJPW guys real quick though.

Does 8E let other people's CAWs into your game like 7E did? I want my Swagsuke running around the world and looking fabulous, and I also want as many He Mans and Hung Dongs running around my game as possible :getin:

It does per the instruction book yeah. Gimme that Nakamura~

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Static Rook posted:

Well, you won't be getting many He Mans since that's the name of a real officer. You might see my Sum Gai running around, though.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How come I can't find DW8: Empires on Steam if it's coming out tomorrow?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How are the CAW stuff in 8:Empires? I thought they were OK in 7 but more than a few of the outfits did l look like they were ripped from older games without much done to improve them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That is actually exactly what happened as far I as I know.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
so... it freezes for me whenever I try to change the clothes on my edit officer

*sigh*

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DQ Heroes' first DLC is announced. Will be free and unlocks DQ4's Psaro as a playable character.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

After watching DQH for awhile, and playing a bunch of HW, it really feels like Koei is heading towards something really special in the next few years.

The right mix of brand and refined gameplay could create something totally amazing, they're right there on the edge of it now.

Something Monster Hunterish in depth, but far, far more approachable.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is DW8E really easy or am I crazy? I started off as a free officer, got two dudes to join my vagabond kingdom and then usurped another kingdom like four quests later. Seems like I can pretty much invade and claim any region I want to without much trouble on the actual battlefield part. The only time I've come close to dying really was when somebody managed to do Cover Fire before I figured out what was happening.

It's fun jumping on a soldier's back and surfing him into scores of enemies but I feel like my created officer unit started off way overpowered or something.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

epitasis posted:

Is DW8E really easy or am I crazy? I started off as a free officer, got two dudes to join my vagabond kingdom and then usurped another kingdom like four quests later. Seems like I can pretty much invade and claim any region I want to without much trouble on the actual battlefield part. The only time I've come close to dying really was when somebody managed to do Cover Fire before I figured out what was happening.

It's fun jumping on a soldier's back and surfing him into scores of enemies but I feel like my created officer unit started off way overpowered or something.

The difficulty picks up a bit as time passes, but... not much. I'd honestly recommend playing on at least Hard at all times if you don't want to steamroll everything.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm hoping super hard for DQ5's protagonist to show up.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Playing DW8XL and the Battle of Fan Castle for Wu in the story mode is ridiculous.

Am I supposed to just let them flood the castle out and defend Cao Ren? I'm good enough to stop the flood, but by the time Guan Yu shows back up - both Cao Ren and the other guy are swarmed by enemy generals and don't survive long enough.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I said gently caress it, played the other game modes and ambition mode and leveled the poo poo out of the Wu heroes in that stage before coming back.

It certainly makes it a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Are weapon drop rates better on higher difficulties in DW8e? Because I basically beat my first play through before I saw a single drop.

Also, apparently one way to get the Little Conqueror title is to becomes the Tyrant of Chaos, then don't lose any land for five years and make 8 regions happy. I believe I got Tyrant of Chaos because I was constantly at war because no one was giving me a chance to do anything else, so my people were miserable. Also, i earned a lot of evil titles while a merc and decided to execute a bunch of generics when I first became a ruler just to snag that title.

The Little Conqueror tactic is amazing, by the way.

epitasis posted:

Only time I found it difficult on normal was when I tried to raise my banners and earn the 20000 troop deficit title. Wasn't able to pull it off early game but it was a piece of cake once I had some real tactics.