Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I use 3 @ 400. There was once a time when I used 6 @ 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Mouse acceleration maketh the player

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

2 @ 1600, don't listen to anyone about sens. Play with whatever works.

yes but you aren't good

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
got my new pc last night, 450fps solid. first game i played i got 18 RWS on esea. cum in me bro!!!! no more drops to 30fps when there's either 1) more than one model on screen, or 2) more than one smoke grenade anywhere on the map

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I'm .75@800 and I still am garbage

and hax or no hax (though totally there's hax) fnatic is unbelievably good right now

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sitting Bull posted:

yes but you aren't good

Someone sounds salty.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Sitting Bull posted:

got my new pc last night, 450fps solid. first game i played i got 18 RWS on esea. cum in me bro!!!! no more drops to 30fps when there's either 1) more than one model on screen, or 2) more than one smoke grenade anywhere on the map

A good pc doesn't prevent any of this, enjoy csgo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

*dead* Luna: afk
*dead* Luna: in spawn

credits to reddit

im dying

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

Someone sounds salty.

you deleted me from your friends list so i have to get back at you somehow

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

A good pc doesn't prevent any of this, enjoy csgo

prevent FPS drops? i'm not sure what you mean, but playing on my new box vs my old one is like night and day.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
My pc is Good and the random fps and smoke drops still happen regularly, more so on some maps and especially in spec

Your overall performance will be better tho for sure

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

My pc is Good and the random fps and smoke drops still happen regularly, more so on some maps and especially in spec

Sitting Bull posted:

prevent FPS drops? i'm not sure what you mean, but playing on my new box vs my old one is like night and day.

Two 970s in SLi and I'm not pushing 300 fps at 1440p. Game is optimized horribly.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

2 @ 1600, don't listen to anyone about sens. Play with whatever works.

Xenaero posted:

2 @ 1600

Xenaero posted:

2 @ 1600

How do you sleep at night??

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Your overall performance will be better tho for sure

I'm curious what the specifics are on your PC. I have a 7950 and an i5 with 12gb of ram and I've never seen the game drop below 60fps ever at 1080p max settings.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sitting Bull posted:

cum in me bro!!!!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I thought the source engine was capped at 300?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
fps_max 0

vehk
Jan 31, 2014
Since we're talking about sens and setups again I have a few things because my PC hates CSGO.

Thanks for whoever suggested my sound issues was related to GPU coil whine because that nailed it. Switched back to my mixamp and all my annoying static and buzzing issues went away. Now I need to buy something better than the Astro Mixamp because I don't feel like it actually has enough amps for my headphones.

Outstanding issues:

My game client occasionally changes my sens over the course of several games. I start out at 2.5 x 400 dpi and if I play multiple games eventually I either can't turn or barely move my mouse and do a 720* and check my sens and its anywhere between 1.2 and 8.0. I dont know what causes this to happen.

Occasionally when I die and respawn I'm rooted to the ground. I cant move at all until I spam my crouch and/or walk keys a few times. There's seemingly no pattern to the crouch/walk spam required to unroot. This is why you'll sometimes see me lagging behind in spawn while i shift/c/c/c/c/shift to get unstuck. Really annoying. It seems to happen when I die while crouching.

But performance wise no issues. I have a weak i5 2500k and a single 970 and can easily push 1440 with everything on High 300+ fps while others complain about low frames so atleast I got that going for me.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sitting Bull posted:

You never tried to re-add me but it's been nice not hearing you complain about me to my face

UltraVariant posted:

How do you sleep at night??

Usually by winning / topfragging + losing + telling teammates they are probably some of the worst individuals on God's big blue marble

The latter usually doesn't happen unless I'm playing MM solo.

But it's not that outrageous I mean, cmon. If it's comfortable for you, you'll do well with it.

God I HATE you people and your sens talk. Why don't you spend that energy on building map awareness instead? CMON

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 26, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
:pusheen:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So I actually went and made an autoexec file (finally). I put the stuff from the OP in and added custom crosshair stuff to it.

And I changed my sensitivity to 2.

And I turned "walk" back on.

Things are at lot better now actually having things set this way.

Any other generally useful things I should look into?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Crain posted:

Why would you turn it off in the first place??? :psyduck:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Necc0 posted:

Why would you turn it off in the first place??? :psyduck:

When I first got CSGO it made no sense to me because I had no clue about how recoil worked. Why walk? Who cares? Reality that's who. Also I usually put crouch on shift. So I just swapped crouch to shift and never rebound walk.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Smol posted:

Lower your sensitivity. Use 2-2.5 @ 400 dpi as a starting point.

Thing is my mousepad is on my keyboard tray and there isn't much room. I'll think about it if I ever get serious about this game (I'm at 6 @ 800 dpi now :v: ).

Kwilty posted:

your nade game is probably the greatest bad thing I've ever seen.

Yeah that grenade arc seems unusually high, I swear I do that every time.

Elman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 26, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Crain posted:

When I first got CSGO it made no sense to me because I had no clue about how recoil worked. Why walk? Who cares? Reality that's who. Also I usually put crouch on shift. So I just swapped crouch to shift and never rebound walk.

you mean sound?

....wait do you think it's ok to walk while shooting?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

Hah hah hah what the gently caress.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Crain posted:

jesus loving christ what's the matter with you

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

real dilemma posted:

you mean sound?

**** Sweats and glances at half the firearms that have no significant accuracy penalty while moving ****

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

real dilemma posted:

you mean sound?

Crain posted:

I suck a lot more than I though.

I try to stop and shoot most of the time in all seriousness but I thought walking does reduce some weapon spray...

Crain fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 26, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
lol he doesn't know about counter strike

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
You need walk because it means enemies can't hear you. That is the #1 function of walk. It is very important at all skill levels.

Don't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat, just trying to be succinct.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

You need walk because it means enemies can't hear you. That is the #1 function of walk. It is very important at all skill levels.

Don't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat, just trying to be succinct.

Yeah, got it.

In the last few weeks that I've actually been playing and reading up on CSGO it's become very apparent that the game is way more complicated that I realized. I'm still learning though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Elman posted:

Thing is my mousepad is on my keyboard tray and there isn't much room. I'll think about it if I ever get serious about this game (I'm at 6 @ 800 dpi now :v: ).

Fix this or forever be silver/last pick material.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Ranked up to gold nova 3, time to meet people who insta-headshot me with AK's :toot:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So I had an interesting experience on Anusmen the other night.

After about 5-10 minutes of playing my game would slow down to a halt (like 1 frame a second). It doesn't happen on other servers or on other games (my computer isn't a slouch gtx790 + 2500k). Any ideas?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

Ranked up to gold nova 3, time to meet people who insta-headshot me with AK's :toot:

You've got a ways to go before then. :toot:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Crain posted:

I try to stop and shoot most of the time in all seriousness but I thought walking does reduce some weapon spray...

Walking will never help your accuracy. If you're firing an SMG that doesn't have much movement penalty, running while shooting is better than walking because it makes it harder for the enemy to hit you. Walking doesn't make your spray any more accurate over running. If you're firing a rifle, you want to be perfectly still while firing. Walking or running will hurt your accuracy equally. Crouching has a small positive impact on accuracy for some weapons, but for the most part crouching doesn't help either.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Just an added note that you will see good players strafe or jiggle side to side while shooting rifles. It may look like they are shooting while moving, but they are stationary for the split second they are shooting.

The movement happens after they are done shooting, and is done for just long enough for the recoil penalty to go away and for the other person to miss their shot.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

real dilemma posted:

If you're firing a rifle, you want to be perfectly still while firing.

Are you saying I shouldn't be strafing side to side while burstfiring my m4? It seems to work pretty well at almost any given range and additionally seems to gently caress up a lot of people when they try hitting you back.

mcvey posted:

You've got a ways to go before then. :toot:

That's good to know! I just have this feeling that I'm way overranked.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

That's good to know! I just have this feeling that I'm way overranked.

If you can top/2nd frag and still win you're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Crain posted:

It does, but you'll still be inaccurate. Movement inaccuracy is velocity related, not just if you're moving or not.

• Locked thread