Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

It was a poor example because if one insists upon touching the poop, this is the act to follow. It is the Ur-Poop Touch, and all other poop touching is but a pale reflection of its resplendent edifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

He will always be J. Jonah Jameson in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjiplsMDz0

Ahem. :colbert:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Internet Webguy posted:

He will always be J. Jonah Jameson in my heart.

For me it's a tossup between him and Cave Johnson.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Typical Horsey. Making political cartoons as an excuse to draw manly Texan men.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Science vs Religion leftover / Evolution (no pun intended)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

alnilam posted:

I've said it before, but I think he is the most consistently stupid of all the cartoonists posted here (competition from Rob Smith Jr though). I won't claim he's the "worst," that's a wider discussion that we have way too often, but goddamn is Branco the dumbest, densest one.

Branco is constantly dancing on the line of stupid/lying.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hate Branco mostly because his Obama looks like he came from Mac and Me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

El Scotch posted:

A lot of people probably do, though. :shrug:

I think it's a little like drawing Kelsey Grammer and saying "Hey look! It's that guy from the 30 Rock episodes!"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So... the reason they think Obama doesn't describe terrorists as "radical Islam" is that they haven't done something bad enough in his eyes to deserve the "Islam" label yet

The American right, ladies and gentlemen

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Wait, I'm confused, McCoy. Doesn't the right always talk about how legislating from the bench is a bad thing?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Smith has been reading way too much manga because the word layout works much better read right to left.

I wonder what manga he would read. Probably that one where the magical fantasy land invades Japan, and the right-wing JSDF starts murdering dragons with howitzers and cut down barbarian hordes with machine guns. That or Love Hina.

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

He can't even keep up a show on MSNBC and yet he's The Most Important Black Man In America. What a paradox.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Internet Webguy posted:

Guess somebody still gives a poo poo about Kieth Olbermann.
Ok, this is very, very important

I need someone to recolor that twitter bird like the logo of the Ravens, change its label to Kawalimus, and change the label of Olbermann to 'Ravens'

Don't change the Pathetic part though.

And maybe change the bottom to just when birds come to roost

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shills lobbying to prevent action against ecological disasters are a much more frightening threat on the long term than a bunch of marauding murderers in the desert; AGC.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
David Pope on Treasurer Joe Hockey discussing Medicare, Australia's health system paid for by tax.

The primary effect of Medicare is that if you go to the doctor, either Medicare pays for it, or gives part of your money back.

Our Glorious Leaders have recently touted the notion of charging every one a so-called 'co-pay'.

http://i.imgur.com/w9E7yjD.jpg

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Branco remains the only cartoonist that makes me actually angry. I think it's the vast dichotomy between how much he acts like he knows and how much he actually knows, combined with the raw hatred in his art and the emptiness of anything but bitterness in his messages.

e: I don't think I could describe Branco to a layman without the phrase "little man" coming up at least once, eg "spiteful little man" or "evil little man". I don't even know or care what his actual height is. It's a littleness of spirit.

Yeah like the other poster said I can't really get mad at Branco because he strikes me as so loving stupid. Like I just imagine him wildly and awkwardly flailing around yelling "OBAMAAA!" as he draws every cartoon.

He's basically a child.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This is high art. I love it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Zetsubou-san posted:

David Pope on Treasurer Joe Hockey discussing Medicare, Australia's health system paid for by tax.

The primary effect of Medicare is that if you go to the doctor, either Medicare pays for it, or gives part of your money back.

Our Glorious Leaders have recently touted the notion of charging every one a so-called 'co-pay'.

Does this artist always draw that guy talking out of his rear end? That is an excellent detail.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Zetsubou-san posted:

Literally talking out his rear end :3:

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Internet Webguy posted:

This is fish in a barrel since this guy must've taken the same human anatomy class as Dr. Zoidberg, but it still loses steam halfway through.
Also, MO-RON!?

I hate that I have to defend this guy, but he was making a rhetorical point. The Idaho state legislature was debating a bill that would bar video conference consultation as being sufficient consultation before prescribing abortion inducing medication. This type of consultation is important, especially in rural states, because there may not be any doctors near you to consult, so video appointments allow prescribing medicine without physically traveling to a doctor that may not be easily reachable.

The doctor testifying against the bill (so in favor of video consultations) said that colonoscopy patients can swallow a camera to give doctors a look at their colon, intending to draw an analogy to other types of procedures that can be done remotely. Barbieri replied "Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" The answer is obviously "no", which is the point Barbieri wanted to make. An video consultation is not comparable to a colonoscopy by pill, because you can't swallow a pill to conduct a gynecological exam.

To be clear, I'm not defending the law; it's dumb and bad. I'm just saying that in context, it's pretty clear that Barbieri wasn't being an idiot about anatomy.

Not My Leg fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 26, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This is what Obama looks like:

Ha ha! Look at that ridiculous, bulbous nose!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Not My Leg posted:

I hate that I have to defend this guy, but he was making a rhetorical point. The Idaho state legislature was debating a bill that would bar video conference consultation as being sufficient consultation before prescribing abortion inducing medication. This type of consultation is important, especially in rural states, because there may not be any doctors near you to consult, so video appointments allow prescribing medicine without physically traveling to a doctor that may not be easily reachable.

The doctor testifying against the bill (so in favor of video consultations) said that colonoscopy patients can swallow a camera to give doctors a look at their colon, intending to draw an analogy to other types of procedures that can be done remotely. Barbieri replied "Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" The answer is obviously "no", which is the point Barbieri wanted to make. An video consultation is not comparable to a colonoscopy by pill, because you can't swallow a pill to conduct a gynecological exam.

To be clear, I'm not defending the law; it's dumb and bad. I'm just saying that in context, it's pretty clear that Barbieri wasn't being an idiot about anatomy.

Then why was his response to the doctor saying the mouth and vagina aren't connected "Fascinating. That makes sense" and he waited until after it got picked up by the news to give the reason you now state?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

D.N. Nation posted:

Nobody takes offense of drawing David Cameron as a condom so I don't get why everyone gets so mad with Obama depictions? It's a cartoon caricature, and Glenn likes drawing characters in that style. Take Glenn's newspaper strip Duplex, for example:

But then, he didn't always draw Obama like that:

But caricatures of course do evolve over time, especially when they rise to the top political spot of the nation. And to be sure, Barry's nose is not the only bulbous Obama body feature depicted by Glenn:

Even then, Glenn is still the better McCoy as far as artistic cartoonist talent goes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Perhaps, and this may have been mentioned once or possibly twice in the thread, one of the aspects people take offense to is the purple lips.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

The radically different perspective for the wings verse the stabilizer and engines is really loving with me here

Also good that he labelled who he's talking about twice. And what the gently caress are those other labels even doing? Actually the more I look at it the perspective is among the least offensive things about this cartoon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

You can tell this isn't a US cartoon because there's no "Why should my tax money go to help other people get health care?"

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

D.N. Nation posted:

Thanks, I didn't know how inaccurate Glenn McCoy's caricature of Obama was until you just pointed it out.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
J.K. Simmons will always be Schillinger to me. :hitler: :a2m:

Christ, that dude has barely aged in 20 years. Of course, he looked 60 when he was 40, so it kind of cancels out.

e: It's also funny that "Oz" was the paragon of gritty, realistic TV when it came out, and watching it today it seems like a cartoon show.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 26, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:drat:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Nenonen posted:

Nobody takes offense of drawing David Cameron as a condom so I don't get why everyone gets so mad with Obama depictions? It's a cartoon caricature, and Glenn likes drawing characters in that style. Take Glenn's newspaper strip Duplex, for example:

Obama's caricatures make use of non-accurate racial exaggerations, like the oversized purple lips. It's okay to draw Cameron as a condom because drawing white people as condoms to insult or make fun of their race has never been a thing.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Obama's caricatures make use of non-accurate racial exaggerations, like the oversized purple lips. It's okay to draw Cameron as a condom because drawing white people as condoms to insult or make fun of their race has never been a thing.

Thank you! If it was just a bad caricature like Ramirez, then its comparable. But its the racial elements that put it in a different league. It would be like drawing the Japanese PM yellow with huge buck teeth and just two horizontal lines where their eyes should be. Its not just a distortion, its a racially motivated distortion.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Jag posted:

Ok, this is very, very important

I need someone to recolor that twitter bird like the logo of the Ravens, change its label to Kawalimus, and change the label of Olbermann to 'Ravens'

Don't change the Pathetic part though.

And maybe change the bottom to just when birds come to roost
Ahahah I was thinking the same thing

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

:stonk:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Daaaamn son

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah like the other poster said I can't really get mad at Branco because he strikes me as so loving stupid. Like I just imagine him wildly and awkwardly flailing around yelling "OBAMAAA!" as he draws every cartoon.

He's basically a child.

I think Branco is actually pretty brilliant in his ability to effectively monetize his mediocre talent and lazy, bad opinions. I could be wrong but I doubt he puts any more anger into his cartoons than he puts effort into them. I think most of his effort goes into figuring out what the groups who sign his checks want and then he probably doesn't think about politics at all, aside from watching enough news to gather material for his next cartoon.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"Yak the knife"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I am glad these assholes have forgotten about how Osama bin Laden complained about global warming. Then again, post 11 September when all the air tragic got grounded, the lack of contrails to deflect sunbeams caused the temperature around the world to increase, so his polices was not that green.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 26, 2015

• Locked thread