Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How hard would it be for the content to be the selling point of the WWE Network and not the loving price. "That's right JBL, and you can watch the entire storied Rivalry on the WWE Network, free this month!"

They could also do more to help people get into wrestling from the WWE Network, everything is a total mess on there compared to say, Netflix. They need to cut out matches and introduce genres like "Tag Team Wrestling" or "Brawls" or "Cage Matches" and you can search by those parameters and find a whole bunch of individual matches instead of bookmarks in a PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Flameingblack posted:

How hard would it be for the content to be the selling point of the WWE Network and not the loving price. "That's right JBL, and you can watch the entire storied Rivalry on the WWE Network, free this month!"

They could also do more to help people get into wrestling from the WWE Network, everything is a total mess on there compared to say, Netflix. They need to cut out matches and introduce genres like "Tag Team Wrestling" or "Brawls" or "Cage Matches" and you can search by those parameters and find a whole bunch of individual matches instead of bookmarks in a PPV.

It was very likely a comment with not a ton of thought behind it, so I don't blame them for not tying it in better. What you said would have been great though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's a feel-good thread https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/570656800959307777

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, Steve has done a hell of a job of rehabbing his image by championing young talent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like that Stone Cold has gone from insane redneck anger machine fueled by beer and rage to goofy uncle Austin who occasionally has flashbacks to what he did in the Monday night wars.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
painkillers are a hell of a thing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rodney the Piper posted:

painkillers are a hell of a thing

So is no longer needing them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I'll give Becky's interview after NXT Rival one last push. Been a massive fan of her personally for 10 years now. You should take the time to get to know her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVLWy6AwJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la4cWOJzU34

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Flameingblack posted:

Maybe the commentary is that way because Vince himself has a four second memory and constantly needs to be reminded who everyone is and what their finish is.
Or maybe Vince McMahon is really Jeph Loeb where he believes that his audience are a bunch of stupid morons that can't follow continuity so every episode of content has to be self contained so they repeat the same stuff over and over again.

Or its because of Kevin Dunn's philosophy that WWE should be fast food

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've been a fan of Becky since she did the Running Man to Linkin Park with Paige.

http://youtu.be/93nBkPSV1-k?t=15s

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

achillesforever6 posted:

Or maybe Vince McMahon is really Jeph Loeb where he believes that his audience are a bunch of stupid morons that can't follow continuity so every episode of content has to be self contained so they repeat the same stuff over and over again.

"You disrespected Stephanie McMahon, my daughter, who is the General Manager of Smackdown."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shine posted:

"You disrespected Stephanie McMahon, my daughter, who is the General Manager of Smackdown."

I hear she's quite remarkable.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently most wrestling fans are poor and stupid so you cant blame him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sionistic posted:

It was very likely a comment with not a ton of thought behind it, so I don't blame them for not tying it in better. What you said would have been great though.
If professional commentators don't know how to work in a segway they don't deserve their jobs. I mean, of course they don't. They're awful. But that's not the greatest defense for people who talk like 5 hours a week on television.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Flameingblack posted:

If professional commentators don't know how to work in a segway they don't deserve their jobs. I mean, of course they don't. They're awful. But that's not the greatest defense for people who talk like 5 hours a week on television.

you're not entirely wrong but if you're going to yell at a bunch of professional television people about how to do their jobs you should probably know how to spell "segue"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nerokerubina posted:

you're not entirely wrong but if you're going to yell at a bunch of professional television people about how to do their jobs you should probably know how to spell "segue"
no I meant segway, all broadcasters should roll around in circles during matches.

(I was trusting auto correct and not paying attention)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Flameingblack posted:

What do goofy looking personal transport devices have to do with anything?

Edit: yeah.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

oldpainless posted:

Apparently most wrestling fans are poor and stupid so you cant blame him.

HEll, I know I am.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

I would kill for a friend like Titus O'Neil or one in general really

But you already have an endless stream of R-Truths, oatgan. I don't know what more you want.

Flameingblack posted:

Vince McMahon produces a wrestling show to catch the attention of people who just accidentally flip through the channels and happen to stop on RAW for a couple minutes, that's his target audience.

Pretty much this. SO MUCH of the product is recaps and replays and references to things that just happened JUST IN CASE you didn't see it!

Gone are the days where you had to tune in because otherwise you'd god forbid actually MISS something and hear people talk about it or have to catch up on your own, so that you wouldn't miss watching it next time. It's like the "Previously On" segment at the beginning of serial dramas stretched along 3 hours and taking up at least an hour of that time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

But you already have an endless stream of R-Truths, oatgan. I don't know what more you want.

Pretty much this. SO MUCH of the product is recaps and replays and references to things that just happened JUST IN CASE you didn't see it!

Gone are the days where you had to tune in because otherwise you'd god forbid actually MISS something and hear people talk about it or have to catch up on your own, so that you wouldn't miss watching it next time. It's like the "Previously On" segment at the beginning of serial dramas stretched along 3 hours and taking up at least an hour of that time.

I wonder if other show producers ever watch Raw, and what they think with the show format and style. All I can really compare Raw to is against itself and you're right. It stumbles over itself to tell you anything and doesn't use its time efficiently.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Most sporting event broadcasts spend a few minutes setting the table for people just tuning in for various reasons (top of the hour, another event ended, etc), so they don't feel lost.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

Most sporting event broadcasts spend a few minutes setting the table for people just tuning in for various reasons (top of the hour, another event ended, etc), so they don't feel lost.

Raw spends more than a "few minutes". Hell sometimes they replay entire segments. They always have recapped stuff but not to this degree.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

RBX posted:

Raw spends more than a "few minutes". Hell sometimes they replay entire segments. They always have recapped stuff but not to this degree.

Gotta fill that extra hour nowadays, and nobody wants to watch wrestling matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shine posted:

Gotta fill that extra hour nowadays, and nobody wants to watch wrestling matches.
Then they should fill that extra hour on RAW with the analyst desk and work to improve on building their stories for the night, instead of going to Booker/Cole/JBL and having them talk poo poo about everything that isn't Roman Reigns or John Cena.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Do what wcw did and have lots of off location stuff. Have cesaro and Tyson pretend to be cops for a day or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Daniel Bryan could get amnesia to build a match with Big Show, and they can recast Brie with a less attractive woman, because no-one will believe a girl that hot married Bryan!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Back in the day, Raw was technically two programs: Raw is War and WarZone. They were listed separately in the TV listings. They still put the signature at the end of each hour, but it's all one program now. If they really wanted to, they could put a C-show before or after Raw, or do a half-hour pre/post show on each end with exclusive matches/segments to flesh out the midcard. With broadcasting structure there's really no reason they HAVE to make Raw one consistent three hour show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well the big reason they won't do that is that they don't want to break viewing habits. As soon as you make a pre or post show, you're inviting people to not tune in because it's "not Raw." In turn USA doesn't want to show another lesser show in the first hour, they want Raw.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

RBX posted:

They replayed CM Punk winning his first World Heavyweight Championship about 400 times that episode of RAW.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Muddy Burphy posted:

They replayed CM Punk winning his first World Heavyweight Championship about 400 times that episode of RAW.

that episode of raw sounds awesome
can they show that next week instead

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Is it true that sunny once sold a box of poop on Twitter?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I wanna go on record saying the wwe will acknowledge the tweets, stir up an angle about it, get a little hot, fans will congratulate wwe for capitalizing, wwe will run it into the ground and by the time fans have forgotten about the whole issue, the angle will be dropped/changed/morphed into someone else and everyone will be exactly where they were 9 months ago.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That poor son of a bitch.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Manwithastick posted:

I prefer the rumor about Russ Haas personally.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Manwithastick posted:

I wish I could find that, because it will sound like I'm making it up, but she was having a conversation with a fan who wanted some of her poop before saying that they should go to DM. It's possible she didn't sell that box of poop I suppose.

Muddy Burphy posted:

I prefer the rumor about Russ Haas personally.

What's this one?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Manwithastick posted:

True or not, I'm betting that Paige could do the same thing for twice the money.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

Daniel Bryan could get amnesia to build a match with Big Show, and they can recast Brie with a less attractive woman, because no-one will believe a girl that hot married Bryan!

Claire Lynch needs work!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That poor son of a bitch.

Yup.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well the big reason they won't do that is that they don't want to break viewing habits. As soon as you make a pre or post show, you're inviting people to not tune in because it's "not Raw." In turn USA doesn't want to show another lesser show in the first hour, they want Raw.

Actually (and I know I am going to remember this wrong), the reason Raw Is War and Warzone were originally the first and second hour of Raw respectively, had something to do with the way Neisen ratings were affected. By giving them separate names, Neilsen effectively considered them two different shows even though they aired as one continuous show. I don't remember the exact benefit, but it seems like they were also able to put the more risque content on the second hour. I dunno, maybe someone with a better memory than me can comment on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nitro did the same thing but you had pyro at the top of the hour plus different announcers for each hour.