Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh dear. I have a feeling Wrexham might be undone by our own hubris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dreamsicle posted:

No we need to make this a Dave Meltzer 5 star match. We go to penalties.

Ok 4.75 because it's not the Tokyo Dome.

:vince: Well played

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
THIAGOOOOOOOO

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Oh dear. I have a feeling Wrexham might be undone by our own hubris.

NEVER COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN THIAGO!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 26, 2015

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Let's take this to pennies!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Oh poo poo. :ohdear:

e. STRINGOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!

Smoky Bandana fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 26, 2015

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Once again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJuXKeiM4_0

Now we need to nominate and vote your new team.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

GOD-EMPEROR ASCENDS TO WREXHAM'S GOLDEN THRONE

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Preid
May 22, 2014
A truly epic game to cap to your Wrexham career, congratulations!

Edit: Grammar, who understands it?

Preid fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 27, 2015

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve. … Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Screw you Meltzer this is a ***** match.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

My only regret is that it couldn't have been Bailey scoring the clinching goal.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Holy shitstacks

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Stringel's penalty was terrible! Not that anyone is complaining.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm just imagining all of Wales pouring out into the streets signing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB31MbL1kok

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 26, 2015

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

So, you could probably tell that the last two MBM were "tape delayed." I played them a few hours before they got posted up, because I wanted to make sure I could take my time pausing and writing the MBM while also being able to pay attention tactically. But since I was writing them in the moment, and I played this last match from about 10am to 1pm today, around 11:30am and then again at about 12:30pm I got the heeby jeebies something awful. Didn't stop me from writing dear departed Ed Phillips like an victorious rear end in a top hat, though. He was doomed from the start. He'd either die a couple minutes before the end of the match if we lost, or while watching us win if we pulled it out.

And I had a feeling we were going to pull it out, even in the last ten minutes.

I love this loving game.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dreamsicle posted:

Agreed.

That was a hell of a finish. And I missed it in real time due to work, drat it all.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Dreamsicle posted:

Hit the PK, kid. Make yourself immortal.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So since you're leaving Wrexham, can you do a team overview along with player stats? Something like the one in the 2024-25 season.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh yeah, there'll be a whole retrospective.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Leaving Wrexham? I think I missed that. Either that or I lost memory of it when cheering about the glorious victory.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
"And when he saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

It's been one hell of a ride.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Sandman posted:

"And when he saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Yeah, but unlike Alexander the Great it's not just propaganda to cover up the fact that my army's about to mutiny if I make them go any further.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, but unlike Alexander the Great it's not just propaganda to cover up the fact that my army's about to mutiny if I make them go any further.

That's precisely what Alexander the Great would say. :colbert:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Coach Brown... Your Euro triple has brought the attention of the Galactic Guardians upon you. It is your destiny to lead Wrexham to victory once more. This time, however, the fate of the whole universe is at stake. This time you'll need to win... THE SPACE JAM.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

IT IS DONE! The forces of Earthrealm have been vanquished! We are victorious in Mortal Kombat! Our destiny is here! Now the Dark Emperor, the God of Blackness, the Death of All Realms Shao Kahn, shall come through the portal and claim this worthless realm as his own!

Come Shao Kahn! Come claim your trophy! Your servant Scott Brown has served your every wish and has brought this realm to it's knees! May your reign be cruel and unjust and may these mortals suffer for all of eternity! May Outworld live forever!

Wait. My lord?

My lord! Well, er, you certainly look far different than I expected! No matter! The guise you project upon these worthless mortals here in Earthrealm matters not! Your new kingdom awaits you, Lord Kahn! Do with it what you will! Outworld is victorious!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
He goes by 'Shad Khan' here. It's a paper-thin disguise, but good enough.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

He reigns in the Outlands of Earth, also known as Jacksonville.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Does he still reign over Fulham?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

He reigns in the Outlands of Earth, also known as Jacksonville.

A true Hell on earth that I am glad I only have to acknowledge once a year for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Scott Brown is a fraud and no true American. Going out on top is for those craven Japanese or Euros. A real American gets fat, lazy and drunk off his success and leaves only after being pried out of his position with a flurry of pink slips and red staplers.

I demand Scott keep his position or renounce his citizenship.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

Scott Brown is a fraud and no true American. Going out on top is for those craven Japanese or Euros. A real American gets fat, lazy and drunk off his success and leaves only after being pried out of his position with a flurry of pink slips and red staplers.

But the latter means going out on your back which means elevating new teams. Scott Brown should leave on top like a true shovel god.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

The American way of going out is leaving for a cushy one-day-a-week talking head TV job for a vulgar amount of money, an endless amount of attention as everyone associates you with every empty position, and eventually coming back for an even more ridiculous amount of money and total control, both of which result in catastrophic failure.

Then you go back to TV and the cycle repeats itself.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

The American way of going out is leaving for a cushy one-day-a-week talking head TV job for a vulgar amount of money, an endless amount of attention as everyone associates you with every empty position, and eventually coming back for an even more ridiculous amount of money and total control, both of which result in catastrophic failure.

Then you go back to TV and the cycle repeats itself.

Those people all got fired for being old and/or terrible first.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Those people all got fired for being old and/or terrible first.

Counter: Bill Cowher

e - kinda Phil Jackson minus the regular TV gig

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

Counter: Bill Cowher

e - kinda Phil Jackson minus the regular TV gig

Steeler = terrible

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

Steeler = terrible

Fine. Gruden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Do an Alex Ferguson - get Wrexham to hire a friend of yours who you know is an inferior coach so will make your achievements look even better, turn up at every match in stands so TV cameras can cut to you all the time and the commentators can make jokes like "Well, if only he was still managing the team they wouldn't be having these problems, right? Ha ha ha" subtly undermining the authority of the current manager, and write a book that slags off all your great players and calls them egotistical twats who would've been nothing without your genius mentorship.

• Locked thread