Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Croccers posted:

Bully does this too.
GTA Vice City as well, your initial hotel room would fill up with racing trophies, posters and one of the collectible tiki statues (broken open and drugs spilling out), and once you got a better base of operations it had the graves of its former owners and an ever growing pile of pizza boxes because your gang members are filthy pigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Croccers posted:

And they have sound clips tied to them!
Michael Thornton :geno:

To be honest, 'Thornton' makes more sense to me than 'Thorton'. I've never, ever heard of 'Thorton'.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Croccers posted:

And they have sound clips tied to them!
Michael Thornton :geno:

"'Mike and Shawn, gently caress yeah' with three exclamation points."

"I wonder how many gay cheetahs had to die to make this thing."

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I binge-played the Mass Effect trilogy and while I already went through the first two I finally got through 3. In part one, there's an enthusiastic fan that you have to convince to not join the front lines by either talking him down or putting a gun to his head. In 2 he shows up again, but due to a glitch he always responds as if you threatened him in 1. In 3 he once again pops up, but has a line apologizing if he falsly accused you of almost shooting him before because he was "really stressed". Nice cover, Bioware.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I went further and downloaded a mod that adds new food recipes but requires you to haul a frying pan or a pressure cooker with you to be able to make them at all.

There's another mod that adds in real 1950's frozen food brands for you to scavenge.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Kavak posted:

There's another mod that adds in real 1950's frozen food brands for you to scavenge.

I will never understand how someone can look at a game like this and go 'yeah, this needs more realistic food brands in it'

I guess it has something to do with my immmeeerrrssiiooonn

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

moosecow333 posted:

I will never understand how someone can look at a game like this and go 'yeah, this needs more realistic food brands in it'

To be fair, it gets boring scavenging the same 8 or so foods all the time. I think I may be one of those horrible immersion people, too :negative:.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

moosecow333 posted:

Seriously? Historical accuracy is something to be mocked and ridiculed now? Whats next, legions of posters mocking people who ask for a game to control well? Have a save system?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I too long for historical accuracy in my goofy RPG about shooting giant mutant scorpions and nuclear powered cars.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ryoshi posted:

I too long for historical accuracy in my goofy RPG about shooting giant mutant scorpions and nuclear powered cars.

Who the gently caress cares? Realism as a complaint only matters when its making gameplay concessions to do so. Does the change affect the player in anything but a positive way for the people who would appreciate it? Who are you to tell people what not to enjoy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Is there a NV mod that removes all the post-apocalyptic stuff and makes you work a desk job for 8 hours at a time? I want that mod.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

kazil posted:

Is there a NV mod that removes all the post-apocalyptic stuff and makes you work a desk job for 8 hours at a time? I want that mod.
Close enough?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I love the friendly old guy who keeps bringing counterfeit papers and when you tell him you can't let him in he's all "ok my friend see you tomorrow!.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Seriously? Historical accuracy is something to be mocked and ridiculed now? Whats next, legions of posters mocking people who ask for a game to control well? Have a save system?

poo poo dude why are you so mad about a simple neutral statement

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Who the gently caress cares? Realism as a complaint only matters when its making gameplay concessions to do so. Does the change affect the player in anything but a positive way for the people who would appreciate it? Who are you to tell people what not to enjoy.

I'm not telling you not to enjoy it, I'm pointing out the sheer absurdity of what you posted. But if realism is what you're looking for maybe you should spend more time with Train Simulator? It should be up your alley.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

M.Ciaster posted:

poo poo dude why are you so mad about a simple neutral statement

Nah it's pretty stupid to make fun of people for adding 50s artwork to a game series whose appeal is largely based on its use of 50s culture and aesthetics.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sleeveless posted:

Nah it's pretty stupid to make fun of people for adding 50s artwork to a game series whose appeal is largely based on its use of 50s culture and aesthetics.

Parody thereof.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ryoshi posted:

I'm not telling you not to enjoy it, I'm pointing out the sheer absurdity of what you posted. But if realism is what you're looking for maybe you should spend more time with Train Simulator? It should be up your alley.

Good one. Insult me because you can't win the argument because you have no points. Im sorry that not everyone is a robot and exactly the same as you.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Sleeveless posted:

yeah making fun of spergs isn't what something awful is about

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I added real cars and brands to Euro Truck Simulator 2 so I'm one of those horrible people, too.

One of us...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ArtIsResistance posted:

yeah making fun of spergs isn't what something awful is about

Normal person: hey, they added in some real brands from the 50s. That's pretty cool!
Goon: loving sperg. Piece of poo poo human being, I'm way better than you are for enjoying that.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Austrian mook posted:

Normal person: hey, they added in some real brands from the 50s. That's pretty cool!
Goon: loving sperg. Piece of poo poo human being, I'm way better than you are for enjoying that.

Whenever I send work emails, I will always pray the receiver isn't as bad at interpreting tone as you.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Professor Wayne posted:

Whenever I send work emails, I will always pray the receiver isn't as bad at interpreting tone as you.

Ugh, what a religious nutjob. Unless you're a bishop, keep your praying away from the office!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kimmalah posted:

You can easily hit them when they stop and hover in the air to attack, but it's kind of a crapshoot whether they'll do that or just land. If you do hit them while they're on the ground, they'll just take off and land again shortly so if you can't kill them in one go it can be helpful.

why are you people not just hacking at the dragon when it lands, then Dragonrend it when it starts to take off again, that way you don't have to deal with that

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Feb 26, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

There's another mod for new vegas that adds in music that some(maybe most?) of the quests are named after. Which is cool because a lot of them are elvis songs and it's weird to have a entire faction dedicated to the man but not any of his music..

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be fair to the latter, the Kings not having any actual point of reference for Elvis is sorta the whole gag. If you talk to the King, he mentions that they barely had any reference of the real Elvis and learned basically everything they know about him from the impersonation school itself and they figure that he was either a real-rear end king or just a really cool dude.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Whenever Austrian mook posts I briefly consider donating money to some autism charity but I never actually do.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

There's another mod for new vegas that adds in music that some(maybe most?) of the quests are named after. Which is cool because a lot of them are elvis songs and it's weird to have a entire faction dedicated to the man but not any of his music..

Liscensing a single Elvis song for the game would've doubled the budget, so I can forgive them for leaving it to the modders. I'm pretty sure they're all covers, anyway.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ryoshi posted:

Whenever Austrian mook posts I briefly consider donating money to some autism charity but I never actually do.

Yeah, autism is hilarious. Ever consider having a little goddamn sympathy rear end in a top hat?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Wildly inappropriate responses to everyday things is like a cornerstone of comedy, so in that sense autism is a goldmine.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah, autism is hilarious. Ever consider having a little goddamn sympathy rear end in a top hat?

Did a box of Fancy Lad Snack Cakes murder your parents or something.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

As an actual (not self-diagnosed) autistic person: holy poo poo, lighten the gently caress up, rear end in a top hat, and take poo poo less seriously, especially on the internet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Honestly it was a pretty lovely thing to say and I'm sorry I did.

On the other hand you're such low hanging fruit that you compared "historical accuracy" in a sci fi game taking place in like 2345 A.D. to a game controlling well. Like, holy poo poo, step back for a minute.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

A little thing in FFXI I liked was the tab-complete system for game terms and common phrases in chat, which also served as rough translation since all servers were cross-regional. I've always wondered why that isn't used elsewhere. Probably patents.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

You are a goddamn gem.

Maybe you should cool off for a while and go watch some trains or something.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Trap..sprung? I'm so sorry to tell you this but...

Seriously though. Go calm down. It's words on a screen on a webpage in the ocean of internet that is all just really numbers in the air. Go do a thing you like and chill. Nobody hates you, we're just poking fun.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Making fun of autism if my favourite little thing in the Something Awful game.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

moosecow333 posted:

Sometimes these forums feel like a competition to be the biggest oval office about the least significant thing possible

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
In Dragon Age: Inquisition, your party members will notice and comment on the specialization you choose. If you say you picked the Champion tank class because you want to see your enemies give you their best shot and then laugh in their face, Iron Bull approves :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Holy poo poo no one cares.

One little thing I like in FTL is that if your spaceship has a fire, you can vent O2 into space to put it out. If you have two vent points and depower oxygen at the same time, it vents much faster.