Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
James Inhofe just did a literal "If Global Warming Why Snow/Cold" stunt:

I sorta have to admire the loving balls to literally hold up a snowball on the Senate floor as proof that "Global Warming" isn't real.:allears::hf::suicide:

Video of him throwing it too.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

He will always be J. Jonah Jameson in my heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6iTwVIiMM

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

alnilam posted:

"Yak the knife"?

aw yes :boom:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

He's just so gleeful!

Did you just make this? It's great.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

fade5 posted:

I blame this thread. It's walls are beginning to leak into reality itself.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

fade5 posted:

I sorta have to admire the loving balls to literally hold up a snowball on the Senate floor as proof that "Global Warming" isn't real.:allears::hf::suicide:

The expression of the woman behind him sells this.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

duz posted:

Then why was his response to the doctor saying the mouth and vagina aren't connected "Fascinating. That makes sense" and he waited until after it got picked up by the news to give the reason you now state?

Because she gave the response he wanted? Also, consider the alternative.

Assume Barbieri thinks there is a mouth-vagina connection (not the oral sex kind, or the vagina dentata kind). Doctor says "here's a remote procedure that works for colonoscopy." Barbieri responds "would that work for gynecological exams?" Since, in our scenario, Barbieri believes it might work, he must be making an argument against the anti-abortion bill. The answer he expects to receive in our scenario is "yes, of course that would work" meaning he was trying to establish that remote exams are effective, and the bill banning remote exams shouldn't pass (or at least should be significantly modified to allow certain remote exams).

Since I believe that Barbieri's primary interest is in restricting abortion, not acting in good faith to protect the health of the woman seeking an abortion, I find it unlikely he was asking a question with the expectation that it would support the doctor who was testifying against the bill. I think it is more likely he was trying to make her argument look bad, by making her admit that the procedure she discussed would not work for gynecological exams.

Also, when would he have explained the comment other than when it got picked up by the newspapers? I expect he thought he just laid a sick burn on the doctor. Was he then supposed to say, "you see, I have used a rhetorical technique to point out that your analogy was not apt. Now you look quite the fool."

Anyway let me follow that with a cartoon that refutes my argument by overexplaining itself.

Let's see, a mounty getting poked in the eye/flipped off by Obama's Keystone Pipeline Veto, and also the person being poked is our best friend. What country could that possibly be about? Better add a Canadian flag just to be sure.

E: Also, this may be the best Obama caricature Liccar has ever done.

Not My Leg fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 27, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fade5 posted:

I think we should be concerned about this new non-melting snow. Which is actually mass of nanomachines.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Not My Leg posted:

Let's see, a mounty getting poked in the eye/flipped off by Obama's Keystone Pipeline Veto, and also the person being poked is our best friend. What country could that possibly be about? Better add a Canadian flag just to be sure.

E: Also, this may be the best Obama caricature Liccar has ever done.

I'm amazed they restrained themselves from writing "CANADA" on the Mountie somewhere, frankly.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I really wonder what the effectiveness of Branco's cartoons are as a propaganda tool that he gets paid to shill for. I mean, the guy is obviously a true believer, but he gets paid for his beliefs.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I wonder how much he gets paid and if I could get in on that sweet, sweet oil cash

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

alnilam posted:

He's just so gleeful!

Did you just make this? It's great.

No, The Selling Wizard did way back when Kirschen was kickstarting his Haggadah (BUY DRY BONES HAGGADAH TODAY!!!), but it rules completely.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

gently caress yeah, this owns. It takes real sack to be a published/entertainer author that isn't bigoted against homos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY711HJK7pg
(See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ERhaA6xOM)

Heh, Sack.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

majormonotone posted:

I wonder how much he gets paid and if I could get in on that sweet, sweet oil cash

Clearly the big money is with GREEN FAT CATS. Branco stands with plucky li'l American Oil on principle.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"I'm not even paid to put up with this bullshit because it's an internship."
                                                                   /
                                                                  /

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Post 9-11 User posted:

"I'm not even paid to put up with this bullshit because it's an internship."
                                                                   /
                                                                  /

The snowball kind of stole my attention the first time I saw the image but yeah wow she is barely holding the laughter in

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You are projecting like an IMAX into that picture.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

'Jihadi John' named as Mohammed Emwazi from London; Savile 'abused 63 people at Stoke Mandeville Hospital'

Telegraph:

Net migration up to 298,000 as Conservative target missed; Brit Awards 2015: Madonna falls off stage

Independent:

Savile.

Times:

Most British Muslims 'oppose Muhammad cartoons reprisals'

Mail:
Mac on... A shock and awe deterral for cold callers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

God drat.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The pink triangle cartoonist has some good stuff. What's their actual name?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

alnilam posted:

The pink triangle cartoonist has some good stuff. What's their actual name?

Paul Berge.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"How can I use this info to burn Muslims, hmmmm..."

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

This feels pretty classist tbh.

I did like his Mrs Claus one though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ontario is getting a new sex ed curriculum for the first time since the 90s, which will cover stuff like: gay people exist; some people have oral and anal sex, and you should do that safely; sexting, Tindr, smart phones, the internet, etc etc etc.

Naturally, this has all Ontario social conservatives, including about 99% of the Conservative Party, up in arms.

e: honestly this is about all you need to know about the protests outside Queens Park:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ralepozozaxe posted:

That 25% don't oppose attacks on cartoonists seems to be a big enough burn on its own...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

It's almost like people, even if they don't agree with the extreme reaction to such depictions, don't appreciate having it shoved in their faces constantly and being told to suck it up.

Like, how would Christians poll if something like the Hutaree hunted down the artist who made "Piss Christ" and brutally murdered him, his manager/associates, and family publicly and then were bombarded with the most horrid depictions of Christ 24/7 for a few months then asked "How do you feel about everyone posting/printing/describing Christ this way to oppose hate groups?".

It'd probably be a lot more than 25% upset about it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Here you go thread, here's a nice political cartoon for you!

quote:

how many of you stand with me? how many of you realize that America is rotting from the roots? the economy, society, politics, everything is rotting because our roots aren't in Christ as they once were? 24 hours on channel 10 news, and you will know that America has disintegrated, fallen away from Christ, our roots.

if you wish to say the Bible is racist (eg slavery): God says to treat all men equally
if you wish to say the Bible is a stupid flawed book that belongs in old fiction sections of libraries, read Jonathan Cahn's the Harbinger.
if you wish to hate in any other sort of way, you are letting me know i am doing something right. "If the world hates you, it is because they hated Me first." - Jesus Christ.

God bless you all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

vyelkin posted:

e: honestly this is about all you need to know about the protests outside Queens Park:

For some reason the only part of this that sticks out to me is that he underlined the "th" in "Kathleen"

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Crain posted:

It's almost like people, even if they don't agree with the extreme reaction to such depictions, don't appreciate having it shoved in their faces constantly and being told to suck it up.

Like, how would Christians poll if something like the Hutaree hunted down the artist who made "Piss Christ" and brutally murdered him, his manager/associates, and family publicly and then were bombarded with the most horrid depictions of Christ 24/7 for a few months then asked "How do you feel about everyone posting/printing/describing Christ this way to oppose hate groups?".

It'd probably be a lot more than 25% upset about it.
The full results are here.

11% explicitly agreed that "Organizations which publish images of the Prophet Muhammad deserve to be attacked," with 85% disagreeing. Surprised that one wasn't included in the article, as it's a pretty pointed opinion.

"Sympathy for the motives," on the other hand, seems pretty meaningless to me. You can have sympathy for the motivations of someone doing something while still totally opposing that thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Here you go thread, here's a nice political cartoon for you!

I was reading this and already thinking it was pathetic, then I realized what was standing next to the downed cross. :laugh:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Strudel Man posted:

The full results are here.

11% explicitly agreed that "Organizations which publish images of the Prophet Muhammad deserve to be attacked," with 85% disagreeing. Surprised that one wasn't included in the article, as it's a pretty pointed opinion.

"Sympathy for the motives," on the other hand, seems pretty meaningless to me. You can have sympathy for the motivations of someone doing something while still totally opposing that thing.

Not meaningless at all, it lets you implicate them as supporting the actions.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Jerusalem posted:

I was reading this and already thinking it was pathetic, then I realized what was standing next to the downed cross. :laugh:

I saw that before reading it and thought someone took the Yiffy Pill and tore down the cross to free EVROPA. What's with the shoulder symbol?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mister Adequate posted:

Not meaningless at all, it lets you implicate them as supporting the actions.
If that was the purpose of the article, "Most British Muslims 'oppose Muhammad cartoons reprisals'" is an odd lead.

Anyway, the question I quoted would seem a better one to use for that aim.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The close-up of Wormbama does not help discern the anatomy of his stupid loving caricature.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Keystone Jobs pipeline is a dense material that can't be drilled through because no jobs would actually flow through it, agc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I saw that before reading it and thought someone took the Yiffy Pill and tore down the cross to free EVROPA. What's with the shoulder symbol?

He probably thought it looked cool. Confurvatives are not renowned for their understanding of politics.

• Locked thread