Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

I found Oliver's hard on for saving Malcolm because Ra's owned him to be hilariously petty. I thought Oliver being nuts because both his parents committed suicide in front of him because of him and not wanting that poo poo on Thea was more compelling. I mean, it's not rational but Oliver is clearly broken.

I find it hilariously petty and a much better justification than any bullshit surrounding the fact that he needs to 'save Malcolm'.

Regarding The ATOM, I hope they wrap this up because it's been dragging along and I don't like Felicity being on Team Atom :colbert:. It'd be nice if they cribbed from Flash and did what they did with Firestorm. Wrap up the storyline and just peace out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Ollie says he doesn't want Thea to have the guilt on of killing her father, likely because he is responsible for his patens deaths directly. However let's be honest, Thea didn't even know Malcom was her father for ages, all while he continued to act like a giant prick. He let his ego and megalomaniac attitude kill 503 people including his own son. He has killed countless other people. And even when he took Thea in he drugged her and made her commit atrocities, and then used her as bait to a certain extent (or at least used her to put the wheels in motion to selfishly get his own bounty off him). He is continually disrespectful to her. The only positive thing he has ever done for her is save her life once and then also train her half heartedly how to fight.

I'd say that fucker deserves a death sentence and I don't think Thea would feel guilty at all. poo poo I wouldn't. He's only been on her good side for mere weeks or months, and then colossally hosed it up anyway. If anyone (including Ollie) thinks going back to see Ra's was for anything other than his own redemption they are wrong. Which is interesting because Ollie is slowly turning into Malcom. He is killing again, "doing things for his family" (or tells himself anyway while he acts selfish), treating Thea like poo poo, and otherwise becoming the same person "because he has to to survive".

Ollie is gonna be the bad guy of season 3~

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kinda wish Oliver would just accept the offer, kill Malcolm, take leadership of the LoA, then set them loose on Starling.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xtanstic posted:

I find it hilariously petty and a much better justification than any bullshit surrounding the fact that he needs to 'save Malcolm'.

Regarding The ATOM, I hope they wrap this up because it's been dragging along and I don't like Felicity being on Team Atom :colbert:. It'd be nice if they cribbed from Flash and did what they did with Firestorm. Wrap up the storyline and just peace out.

Eh, I think she's probably going to wind up being on both teams for at least a couple weeks. The only way she realistically leaves the Arrow crew is if, somehow, it gets disbanded.

...That being said, after the events of this week's episode and the possibility that Oliver might take Ra's up on his offer (I don't think he will, but it's possible), the Arrow crew disbanding is becoming increasingly likely, so y'never know. :shrug:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I spent the entire episode hoping Oliver would get killed by Ra's. It's amazing how Thea has managed to be far, far more enjoyable by doing the exact opposite he did.

And then Ra's just tells him to become his successor, and...you know, maybe this is leading to something cool. Oliver actually accepting the offer could make him likable again, and at the very least it'd make for one hell of a plot. I'm really hoping he says yes.

Also Ray/Felicity keeps being far more enjoyable than Oliver/Felicity. And Iron Man Atom was great too, hope we'll get to see more of that. And Dig is the best, but he always is.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Windows 98 posted:

Ollie says he doesn't want Thea to have the guilt on of killing her father, likely because he is responsible for his patens deaths directly. However let's be honest, Thea didn't even know Malcom was her father for ages, all while he continued to act like a giant prick. He let his ego and megalomaniac attitude kill 503 people including his own son. He has killed countless other people. And even when he took Thea in he drugged her and made her commit atrocities, and then used her as bait to a certain extent (or at least used her to put the wheels in motion to selfishly get his own bounty off him). He is continually disrespectful to her. The only positive thing he has ever done for her is save her life once and then also train her half heartedly how to fight.

I'd say that fucker deserves a death sentence and I don't think Thea would feel guilty at all. poo poo I wouldn't. He's only been on her good side for mere weeks or months, and then colossally hosed it up anyway. If anyone (including Ollie) thinks going back to see Ra's was for anything other than his own redemption they are wrong. Which is interesting because Ollie is slowly turning into Malcom. He is killing again, "doing things for his family" (or tells himself anyway while he acts selfish), treating Thea like poo poo, and otherwise becoming the same person "because he has to to survive".

It's just weird that Oliver would decide now to engage in Operation Piss Off the Planet just cuz he got beat in a fight. He loses fights all the time and getting Malcolm killed is a big who gives a poo poo.

Vvvvvv I didn't have too big a problem of it. I guess it's different if she keeps running into Laurel. She didn't overly agonize over it, she talked to Roy who had a similar experience and is trying to make it right albeit in a angsty way.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 26, 2015

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I really hated Thea regretting her actions this episode. Her earlier actions really demonstrated how bullshit this whole thing has been.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Honestly Ray is just a way better version of Oliver in every way except his ability to kick rear end. And now he has a super suit. I'm forseeing some serious "THIS IS MY TURF AND MY GIRL" problems ahead. Which gets even better when I imagine Ollie as the new Ra's. Hundreds of ninjas attacking Ray while he flies around bombarding them with missiles.

I think Felicity deserves a war started over her. All while Nyssa is training Laurel who gets insanely jealous of Felicity. So she ends up trying to fight Oliver to win his love back.

:allears:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We come back from the break and Thea has somehow ended up cuffed to the bars in the cage with Nyssa as she says "You took my lover. Now you will pay."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You killed my lover so you have won the position of lover. This is our ancient way, and it is sacred.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I feel like Ray is going to go for a live combat field test (go beat up criminals) and cock it up royally the first time. Alternatively, he kills someone unintentionally and can't seem to deal.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

I feel like Ray is going to go for a live combat field test (go beat up criminals) and cock it up royally the first time. Alternatively, he kills someone unintentionally and can't seem to deal.

Screwing up your first few super heroics is a time honored tradition. Even Superman accidently ripped the wing off a 747 the first time he tried to save one

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You can't become a superhero without breaking Gwen Stacy's neck.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scyantific posted:

Kinda wish Oliver would just accept the offer, kill Malcolm, take leadership of the LoA, then set them loose on Gotham.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bruceski posted:

You can't become a superhero without breaking Gwen Stacy's neck.

Spider-Gwen. :dealwithit:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Oliver deciding to totally ignore Thea's agency and 'fix her terrible mistake' pissed me off royally. She knew exactly what she was doing and had drat good reasons for it. At least later he admitted he was doing it more out of a sense of personal pride and his own brand of psychosis because his 'must save Thea' bullshit was just that, bullshit.

Oliver is already the bad guy of season 3.

Also Felicity and Ray are like, the platonic ideal of power couples. Who the hell wouldn't want a hot, funny, brilliant, sensitive, emotionally available billionaire? gently caress Oliver and his magazine rack of issues, the only thing he's got over Ray is visible abs. You go Felicity. You go and you don't look back.

(I know she'll loving look back, its CW. Shut up and let me hope a woman will be allowed to make a sensible choice in love interest for once in television history).

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, loving it up the first time is a necessity, just to create stakes.

I'm 99% sure the fuckup will be, "oh, no, the suit locked up...curse my hubris!" But it would be hilarious if he accidentally tears a mugger's arm off instead, and feels really bad about it.

"Not in my city, creep!"

*rips arm off*

"Oh...oh poo poo! Holy poo poo, I'm so sorry! Oh my god..."

*vomit sputters off his visor as he runs to the nearest trashcan*

(Why do people think Ollie agreeing to Ra's offer is a realistic possibility? He's low-rent Batman; the entire first season is Batman Begins. He's probably going to have a sword at Merlyn's neck, and last-minute decide to stage an escape because he refuses to commit murder.

[Unless he's killing nameless foreign LoA goons. They seem fine to kill.])

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
This can probably go over in The Flash thread as well:

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/

??????????????????

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

So basically Marvel is owning the movie game and DC is owning the TV game. Fair enough.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
How would that show even work? What would it be? Is Snart going to leave the Flash?

Sara being dead, but her actress showing up in this is the least confusing thing.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

For all we know Sarah isn't dead in the most crazy m night shyamalan twist. And she could be back before the show airs and do her own thing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

OB_Juan posted:

How would that show even work? What would it be? Is Snart going to leave the Flash?

Sara being dead, but her actress showing up in this is the least confusing thing.

Bringing back Lotz to play a different character in the same continuity would be really frigging weird, especially when the inevitable Arrow crossover came along. I suppose if Deadwood pulled it off with Garret Dillahunt...

E: So wait, how would Stein be one of the show's cast members, but not Ronnie Raymond? What the hell are they doing? :psyduck:

hcreight fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 27, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I dunno that seems like some made-up garbage. A Ray Palmer spin-off seems kind of obvious and almost inevitable with the reception Routh's gotten, but I don't see why they'd throw the other people mentioned into it as well. Maybe the reporter got her rumors mixed up.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, three arrows in the torso and falling off a building isn't any worse than a sword through the chest and falling off a mountain. Maybe she comes back as (a/the) Cyborg? gently caress, who knows, COMIC BOOKS!

The Stein-without-Ronnie aspect is weird to me. Maybe that Amell isn't a big enough name to include in the article?

What would ATOM and Firestorm even do together? Fight Captain Cold? What about Heatwave?

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS SHOW?

I'm pretty curious now.

VDay posted:

I dunno that seems like some made-up garbage. A Ray Palmer spin-off seems kind of obvious and almost inevitable with the reception Routh's gotten, but I don't see why they'd throw the other people mentioned into it as well. Maybe the reporter got her rumors mixed up.

Or this.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

The Stein-without-Ronnie aspect is weird to me. Maybe that Amell isn't a big enough name to include in the article?

Lotz certainly isn't any more of a name than Robbie, especially since he's currently starring in a surprise hit at the box office. VDay's right, I'm making no assumptions until someone else confirms all of this poo poo is true.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The most boring thing the show could do is have Oliver reject Ra's offer. Instead I see this playing out similar to the Daredevil Shadowland epic that was pretty interesting. It'd just be better if he accepted. We've already seen the reject the League thing, let's see something different, unfortunately the show seems to be wanting to take the boring option.

It'd be better if Oliver was like sure I'll be Ra's , Okay no more killing and I'm going to use the League for good and watch that be a complete loving failure on his part.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VDay posted:

With all those characters they mentioned in the same show together, I agree it doesn't mesh well - but they also mention the possibility of a mid-season debut. A Brave and the Bold/JLU style anthology series that functions as a mid-season replacement a la Agent Carter, and fills the gap while the other shows are on break for ~10 episodes, could be really cool.

Use the special effects & characters you've already spent money developing for the other shows to cut production costs a bit, and then maybe debut a couple original heroes & villains and use it as a bit of a testing ground to see if they play well and might be worth adding to the main shows.

Total speculation, of course, just saying what I think would be interesting.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 27, 2015

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

XboxPants posted:

With all those characters they mentioned in the same show together, I agree it doesn't mesh well - but they also mention the possibility of a mid-season debut. A Brave and the Bold/JLU style anthology series that functions as a mid-season replacement a la Agent Carter, and fills the gap while the other shows are on break for ~10 episodes, could be really cool.

Use the special effects & characters you've already spent money developing for the other shows to cut production costs a bit, and then maybe debut a couple original heroes & villains and use it as a bit of a testing ground to see if they play well and might be worth adding to the main shows.

This would make a lot of sense if, say, one of the stories was Sarah's beginnings with the League, and another was Stein as he was developing Firestorm.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well it looks like Routh and Lotz actually tweeted about that article, so I guess maybe my guess that it's just made up rumors isn't right. What a bizarrely specific group of characters.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
I can seen them Deadwooding Caity Lotz because they enjoyed working with her. Or some crazy poo poo happens on Arrow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Re: Ray's first attempt at being a hero.

Comedy option: He gets killed during his first field test, or kills a criminal and gets tossed in jail; Heartbroken, Felicity runs back to Oliver who goes "Hey I decided to be the next leader of the LoA because immortality well cya."

She then goes to Barry, which turns into a disaster because he went back in time, hosed up the timeline, and ended up never becoming Flash.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My face right now is just a field of WTF as far as the eye can see.

Like...I'm kinda really excited about a show like this but...what? The gently caress?

Until further notice I'm just gonna go with the Occam's Razor of Sara getting Lazarus Pitted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That'd be really hard, considering she was decomposing in the Arrowcave until Ollie and Laurel buried her in her fake grave.

Clones, maybe? Time travel wackiness from Flash? And that sounds REALLY quick to make Cold into an anti-hero.

Also, what would Sara's new codename be?! Starling? Bluebird? Hawk and/or Dove? (Just kidding, no one cares about Hawk and Dove)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know... if they do Flashpoint that show can happen.

Citizen Cold, Laurel dies instead of Sara, Stein is the visible Firestorm and who knows what happens to Ray this season.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Turns out Sarah has a twin sister named Cara who taught Sarah everything she knew about crimefighting.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I don't want that spin-off at all... unless Snart teams up with Atom to take down the Flash.

Aphrodite posted:

You know... if they do Flashpoint that show can happen.

Citizen Cold, Laurel dies instead of Sara, Stein is the visible Firestorm and who knows what happens to Ray this season.

I'd also be okay with it if it's some sort of mini series in between seasons of Arrow/Flash.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

How could you forget?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5FR6hleRiI

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

Okay, that would be pretty cool.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

That'd be really hard, considering she was decomposing in the Arrowcave until Ollie and Laurel buried her in her fake grave.

Clones, maybe? Time travel wackiness from Flash? And that sounds REALLY quick to make Cold into an anti-hero.

Also, what would Sara's new codename be?! Starling? Bluebird? Hawk and/or Dove? (Just kidding, no one cares about Hawk and Dove)

In JLA, Ra's almost revives Batman's parents from decades old skeletons and it's implied it would have worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

In JLA, Ra's almost revives Batman's parents from decades old skeletons and it's implied it would have worked.

Do you want me to bring up Lazara? Do you want to make me bring up Lazara? Is that where this is going?

• Locked thread