Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously I'm way more excited for the new soundtrack than the actual game and it's a loving bummer that you can't buy it. I hope it shows up on Bandcamp or something soon.

HLM Twitter posted:

The full Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number soundtrack will be available to purchase on Steam as well - MP3 and FLAC included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what's this Aus thing about? Not the Banning thing, this DLC part?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Croccers posted:

So what's this Aus thing about? Not the Banning thing, this DLC part?

Buying the Digital Deluxe Edition of Hotline Miami 2 on Steam gives you some DLC for a separate game, Payday 2. If you live in Australia you can't buy Hotline Miami 2 on Steam at all, so the developers of Payday 2 have offered a free code for that DLC to anyone that e-mails them a scanned copy of their passport or other Australian ID.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

if y'all wanna play payday you should probably do it while the iron is hot. They are gonna introduce even more infamy levels soon
I thought I was done, but I've been itching to install and play again because the Evil Eye track just isn't the same outside the game.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Pre-ordered. Here's hoping the longer dev time combined with it being a sequel means this ian't a buggy mess at launch like the first was.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Thank you cowcaster having a thread I started stickied was my entire life's ambition.

Sleeveless posted:

Pre-ordered. Here's hoping the longer dev time combined with it being a sequel means this ian't a buggy mess at launch like the first was.

HLM was the first time either of them had made a retail game, so it was something of a learning experience.

It should be basically the same as the first game is currently bug wise though, I'd imagine.

Anyways, 12 days to go.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 26, 2015

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
Is there any way to get a poster of the Hotline Miami 2 cover art? The psychedelic one with the guy in the hoodie and the broken glasses. I'd totally buy one but all I can find are people selling hand-numbered fine prints at $50, which seems a bit steep.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Part of the reason why I'm not in arms about GTA5 being delayed for the PC again is because of this game coming out in March. Preorder secured, I'm so hype to play this! Any idea if the level editor will be in the game too?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously I'm way more excited for the new soundtrack than the actual game and it's a loving bummer that you can't buy it. I hope it shows up on Bandcamp or something soon.

I'm psyched Carpenter Brut is going to have a couple/few songs in the game after being featured in the Dial Tone trailer.

If your haven't listened to Carpenter Brut, he's posted most if not all the songs from his 3 EPs on YouTube and his music is loving awesome.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Part of the reason why I'm not in arms about GTA5 being delayed for the PC again is because of this game coming out in March. Preorder secured, I'm so hype to play this! Any idea if the level editor will be in the game too?

Not at launch.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Crabtree posted:

On behalf of the Payday 2 goons I thank you all for allowing our dumb event to succeed. I wasn't that good at the first game, but I'm going to give it and the sequel a try once it comes out.

Maybe I'm just horrible (this is very likely) but I don't know if it's possible to be good at Hotline Miami. The fun of the game comes in that I die horribly over and over again but then when I do finish a level, I dance around the room telling my PC to gently caress off and generally feel good about myself.

Because that's what I need in my life.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Chairman Wao posted:

I'm psyched Carpenter Brut is going to have a couple/few songs in the game after being featured in the Dial Tone trailer.

If your haven't listened to Carpenter Brut, he's posted most if not all the songs from his 3 EPs on YouTube and his music is loving awesome.

It's all here, dude

http://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com

Almost all of the artists on the hotline miami soundtracks have all their stuff available on Bandcamp, incidentally. Shitloads of them are on Spotify, as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Songbearer posted:

gently caress GTA, hotline miami is better than 4 and 5 combined.

I'm loving stoked for this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress GTA, Hotline Miami is better than 4 and 5 combined.

This is very much true.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I preordered it when it went live yesterday.

I'm ready.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 26, 2015

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress GTA, hotline miami is better than 4 and 5 combined.

My dream game is Dennaton Games teaming with Brian Provinciano for a GTA-type game.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

It's all here, dude

http://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com

Almost all of the artists on the hotline miami soundtracks have all their stuff available on Bandcamp, incidentally. Shitloads of them are on Spotify, as well.

Also Youtube, though it's less directly supporting the artists, you get to look at sweet 80s art while you listen

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I ordered the Jacket figure and vinyl set as soon as they went up; I am so pumped for all of that to be paying off soon. I need to waste hours of my life on this game already.

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
Heads up for any other Australians in here. I managed to purchase Hotline Miami 2 from Gamersgate without it throwing any region restriction errors at me. According to them it will give out a Steam key.

Of course it remains to be seen if the key from them activates properly, but it's a start. I guess the other thing to try is getting an American to gift it through Steam

dihaploidy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 27, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Btw if anyone from Australia isn't looking to use their Payday 2 content I'd take it off your hands (name a small price if you want). A lot of payday 2 goons who could use some of that

dihaploidy posted:

Gamersgate
Why you support such a hateful company? :can:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still don't understand the whole Gamergate thing.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I still don't understand the whole Gamergate thing.

edit: oh hey I'm not in the htread I thought I was in ignore me

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
:yikes:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can preorder the game on Nuuvem for around ~$8.50. It's not region locked, though I think its the normal version and not the Special Edition.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I mean, wasn't the soundtrack in plain mp3s in the install folder last game?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hotline Miami is a good game and I am excited for the sequel.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I mean, wasn't the soundtrack in plain mp3s in the install folder last game?

.oggs. It was also only made by two people in Game Maker.

The sequel will presumably be different.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

.oggs. It was also only made by two people in Game Maker.

The sequel will presumably be different.

They got a third guy to help out for the sequel? :confused:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shamefully I thought Hotline 2 would have multiplayer. My neon dreams :smith:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

dihaploidy posted:

Heads up for any other Australians in here. I managed to purchase Hotline Miami 2 from Gamersgate without it throwing any region restriction errors at me. According to them it will give out a Steam key.

Of course it remains to be seen if the key from them activates properly, but it's a start. I guess the other thing to try is getting an American to gift it through Steam

Thanks! Let us know how it goes.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
yay the real dick

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

They got a third guy to help out for the sequel? :confused:

No, but it's being built in the engine used for the PS3/PS4/Vita ports of the original, which the original was then ported back to on PC. That's what the big update that added leaderboards did.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Shamefully I thought Hotline 2 would have multiplayer. My neon dreams :smith:

TBH it's the sort of thing that sounds like a good idea but would be absolutely terrible in practice.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Anatharon posted:

TBH it's the sort of thing that sounds like a good idea but would be absolutely terrible in practice.

It would basically totally destroy the feel of the game yeah. Press R to restart is maybe the most important mechanic in Hotline Miami!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Anatharon posted:

I thpought the swans were the multiplayer aspect when they were first revealed.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

ChogsEnhour posted:

I thpought the swans were the multiplayer aspect when they were first revealed.

Nope, one's controlled by AI. I think they said awhile back that you can switch with one your controlling.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh yeah, sorry I know that now. I mean when they first teaser was released I thought there was some kind of multiplayer aspect to them.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
From the Payday 2 thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti60ukZHNNs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Official Jacket intro if it hasn't been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxbnr_4OW44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Spacedad posted:

Also, just for fun, here's an interactive music video game by Cactus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wpu8gS_18
Download and try it out here: http://cactusquid.blogspot.com/2011/10/keyboard-drumset-loving-werewolf.html

Man, this is awesome. I'm so excited for this game! Everything owns!

• Locked thread