Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Please sign up to receive my Radical Amphibious Deliveration Front newsletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
MSM History month is october

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Please sign up to receive my Radical Amphibious Deliveration Front newsletter.

You can't make me! I won't do it!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Slap!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You slapped me...NOT EVEN MY FATHER SLAPPED ME!

*coming soon to NBC*

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Raxivace posted:

*coming soon to NBC*

Slap!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

*coming soon to NBC*
:ughh:
Don't remind me of that show. That poo poo is a two-hour TV movie at best, not an 8 episode series (which is what NBC actually made it into).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AradoBalanga posted:

:ughh:
Don't remind me of that show. That poo poo is a two-hour TV movie at best, not an 8 episode series (which is what NBC actually made it into).

Care to clue in the rest of us as to what it's from? I swear I know it too, I'm just drawing a blank. edit: The NBC thing, not the slap.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 27, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Care to clue in the rest of us as to what it's from? I swear I know it too, I'm just drawing a blank. edit: The NBC thing, not the slap.

This may help your confusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Slap_%28U.S._TV_series%29

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hey remember how the first season got BDs?

Turns out they did change stuff after all!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I can imagine a producer in the :spergin: spectrum demanding that to be fixed for the BDs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Hey remember how the first season got BDs?

Turns out they did change stuff after all!

The thing that stands out most to me there is that they changed the color of and moved the Strike and Ball things on the scoreboard. I wonder why.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

To match real life ones of course.

I imagine the original artist was just working off a vague memory of the last baseball game he went too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

To match real life ones of course.

I imagine the original artist was just working off a vague memory of the last baseball game he went too.

Makes sense!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Attention to detail!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I appreciate how a children's show about plastic robots punching each other still tries to remain true to reality.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Finished flipping through S1's highlights, and to be honest there weren't many changes. As far as I can tell there was just the baseball board edit I posted up above and

fixing the beam saber colors in the Sniper K9 fight. I guess they must have gotten a lot of questions about that!

Meanwhile stuff like this

and this

were left as is.

With that said, the higher frame rate led to a lot of previously stilted sequences (like the Maoh Sword) looking a lot better. Of course that might have also been because I'm coming off of Try's rather lackluster fights, but eh.

This is the one actual addition I could spot, and it might have just been lost to the lower frame rate if I'm being honest. In the final launch sequence with the Build Strike Cosmos, there's a brief second where it flaps its wings.

Speaking of the Cosmos, knowing what we do about the Build Burning it's probable the main change was giving the thing its own reservoir of plavsky particles. We see it release two colored orbs; maybe those were absorbing particles from the environment?

EDIT: Oh yeah, the BDs had posters on the box art too. There's nothing high res, sadly.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 28, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Did they fix the green beam that Yuuki fired from the Exia in his fight against Julian? Think it took out a beam shield generator.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 1, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

and this

were left as is.

What's wrong with this one?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's wrong with this one?

Isn't that from the group battle where they were using the Build Mk II cause Reiji's wrist was broken?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ActionZero posted:

Did they fix the green beam that Yuuki fired from the Exia in his fight against Julian? Think it took out a beam shield generator.

No.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce4mOBlQmGQ

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

ALL ARE SHOOTING DOWN

Normally the English text is a bit more coherent.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
"This match needs no commentary."

That better be a promise, episode!

Edit: Holy poo poo they really did it. The result became obvious after a while, but I'll admit, that was fun to watch.

Also Tryon summons its sword like a true super.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 4, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'll give them credit, they at least attempted a reasonable excuse for Lucas to fight alone instead of the traditional "nameless mook allies get blown up/taken out immediately with no fanfare" they've relied on thus far.

It's not a really good one, but it's an attempt.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Oh thank gently caress. Compared to last week that was an actual fight involving things other than rainbow particle ghosts. I think I might actually like THE END after it bit that Geara Doga's head off :black101:

Looking forward to next week and the Tryon 3. I don't care if the fight's crap, the presence of an unabashed super robot makes everything better.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

I'll give them credit, they at least attempted a reasonable excuse for Lucas to fight alone instead of the traditional "nameless mook allies get blown up/taken out immediately with no fanfare" they've relied on thus far.

It's not a really good one, but it's an attempt.

Obari is directing the animation for next episode so if anything we'll have some cool stills and some insane 20 second animations.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I was just thinking, given that they name dropped Aila this episode and that it seems likely there's an Arista inside of the Build Burning there's a greater than zero chance that Sekai will accidentally summon Aila and Reiji. The team would match up relatively well; Sei and Yuuma as builders, Aila and Fumina as the female match up, and Reiji and Sekai as the fighters. They might not do it, but if they go onto the Open Tournament as they seem to be leading into then it would work as some sort of final showdown. I'm kind of ambivalent on them actually doing it, but I can see the potential for it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Still hoping for the Meijin3/Lady Meijin/Sei~Kun vs TRY fighters exhibition match finale.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The concept behind this week's fight was good but the animation budget really hurt it. It was really noticable how much effort they put into not animating the Full Cloth moving very much, especially during the opening salvos. There were some really nice bits of choreography that were really dragged down by the fact that none of the units had very much movement range.

There also wasn't even an iota of a chance Lucas Nemesis could win once they showed us his gimmick because that gimmick isn't going to last for more than one battle, especially when his next fight is up against Team Try. I also don't get the point of the post-credits stinger because Saga and Shia were both still up so Lucas couldn't possibly have won just by beating the Transient.

That said I cracked up at the Gundam 00 Haro Repair Bots hidden in the G-Portent.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
This episode is a nice break before we go back to spamming Jigen Haoh next episode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Was.. was that an actual decent fight? :suspense:

It was a good way to get around having two extra guys stuck with Lucas without just blowing them away thirty seconds into the fight, but definitely something that wasn't going to last more than a round.

The bigass Transient Burst lightshow was a bit eh, but I'll actually give points for the ending of Lucas (barely) winning the fight but not the match.

ImpAtom posted:

That said I cracked up at the Gundam 00 Haro Repair Bots hidden in the G-Portent.

I'd been wondering what that pod hanging off its rear end was for, and that really was amazing :allears:.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
When the stinger appeared and it looked like Lucas destroyed the Transient, I got super excited and then uttered "GOD drat IT" when the bait was switched on me.

On the plus side, the whole episode, I was thinking, "This guy fights like a season 1 character! No wonder he's the European champion!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The bigass Transient Burst lightshow was a bit eh, but I'll actually give points for the ending of Lucas (barely) winning the fight but not the match.

I don't think he won the match. It looked like the age-old samurai duel "one just gets injured, the other falls over" thing. Not that it particularly matters either way.

Broken Loose posted:

On the plus side, the whole episode, I was thinking, "This guy fights like a season 1 character! No wonder he's the European champion!"

Yeah, Lucas Nemesis, budget or no, is easily the most interesting-to-watch fighter in a long while.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Broken Loose posted:

When the stinger appeared and it looked like Lucas destroyed the Transient, I got super excited and then uttered "GOD drat IT" when the bait was switched on me.

I was actually hoping that Lucas had actually beaten the Transient but lost anyway due to time over and Gunpla Academy having more functional gunpla at the end because it would have actually meant that them building someone up as a huge threat was somewhat warranted instead of "nope he lost in one episode anyway". Of course that's probably just me hoping that the show will at some point subvert the really dumb trend of "Well we have three functional gunpla in a team match against one guy where the loser of the match gets eliminated but due to HONOR let's stand here and jerk off while one of us 1v1s the guy."

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 4, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That was a fun episode, but I'm looking forward to the Tryon 3 more than anything.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The chances of Tryon 3 winning are zero, aren't they. :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raxivace posted:

If it could be less than 0% it would be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

The only thing he might do is take down Fumina or Sekai. He ain't winnin' the match.

• Locked thread