Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I hope that Xenoverse 2 has a more in-depth create a character. I like what they have, but things tend to get pretty samey unless you change the colors of everything.

Having sliders for everything would be awesome, and being able to share character parts between all races would help, even when it makes no sense.

Hopefully modders add a shitton of custom part in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
well it might be a while till I can join you guys(even with everything on minimum it's still too laggy to be worth playing, and I'll probably delete it off my computer to get back the space it takes up), but for now you can at least see my first character, meet Gelato, proud Freeza Clansmen

BattleCattle posted:

I think I figured out what your problem is.

mind going into detail about how bad that is for someone who's not super knowledgeable in this sort of thing

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

mind going into detail about how bad that is for someone who's not super knowledgeable in this sort of thing

Acer's not bad for what it is.

What it isn't, is a gaming PC. It's just not geared for that sort of foolery unless you take the time to modify it yourself.

A Miserable Robot
Nov 4, 2009
Acers are generally p good student/office/grandma laptops, but you shouldn't expect any laptop to just run any game well. Unless you know for sure what's inside of it, laptop gaming should be avoided to save you time and money. (I'm guessing a celeron+Intel hd graphics)

If you aren't planning on playing it/getting a new computer any time soon you can probably still politely ask steam support for a wallet cash refund.

A Miserable Robot fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 27, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i'm confused, how do i get into the online-mode version of Toki Toki city? i beat up radditz several times and am Krilin's apprentice but i think i'm missing something

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Acer's not bad for what it is.

What it isn't, is a gaming PC. It's just not geared for that sort of foolery unless you take the time to modify it yourself.

A Miserable Robot posted:

Acers are generally p good student/office/grandma laptops, but you shouldn't expect any laptop to just run any game well. Unless you know for sure what's inside of it, laptop gaming should be avoided to save you time and money. (I'm guessing a celeron+Intel hd graphics)

well that sucks(admittedly the only reason I haven't gotten a better computer for gaming purposes is due to me not having a job, and being on an extremely limited and fixed income)

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Is there a way to preview the accessories at the shop?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
My brother and I named our characters Hollypenyo the saiyan and Theremin the Namekian and I'm bizarrely proud of our dumb character names. :allears:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
PS4, how do I delete a character and make a new one? I feel like its super obvious but I cant see it.

E: ps4, sorry I am not smart today

Veg fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 27, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

A Spider Covets posted:

i'm confused, how do i get into the online-mode version of Toki Toki city? i beat up radditz several times and am Krilin's apprentice but i think i'm missing something

Beat the entire saiyan saga

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

How are you guys getting these good close-up screenshots? I can't figure out how the hell to zoom my camera. Using a 360 controller on pc.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

-Fish- posted:

How are you guys getting these good close-up screenshots? I can't figure out how the hell to zoom my camera. Using a 360 controller on pc.

On Ps3 I click the right thumbstick. I can't imagine it being much different.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

FallenGod posted:

Now that I've completed the Cell Games (do I need to spoil a 20+ year old franchise?) it seems the game wants me to actually start learning how to play properly. I'm only level 29 and I'm struggling with the four star parallel quests and get murdered in Gohan's alternate quest because I can't bring anyone with me.

Also I wish I could figure out what Hercule gives you as a mentor, because his first attack that you have to spam to unlock more is godawful. Dumped him for the time being to see what Piccolo brings.

do you even have to spam it? im hearing that you dont even have to do that and get good ranks. i'm still super confused on what it takes to level a mentor (despite managing to do it with krillin).

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

polish sausage posted:

do you even have to spam it? im hearing that you dont even have to do that and get good ranks. i'm still super confused on what it takes to level a mentor (despite managing to do it with krillin).

I think if you talk to the trainer, they'll drop hints on what they want you to do. For example, one trainer will mention winning without getting hit, and another will mention finishing an opponent with super moves. I'm not entirely sure if they're pointing you in the right direction or just making small talk, though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Beat the entire saiyan saga

thanks haha. i'm online now! if you guys see Whitey, whutup.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
What am I on attempt loving 23 of trying to beat the first Nappa/Vegeta fight? Why is a fight so loving hard right at the start of the game, content walling online play?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nappa was kicking my rear end too so I went back to do Parallel Quests to beef up a bit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ooor the xenoverse server is down so I can't do poo poo

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 27, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, if you're ever hitting a wall in story mode, go do some PQs for a bit and gain a level or two.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

BattleCattle posted:

On Ps3 I click the right thumbstick. I can't imagine it being much different.

You'd think it would be the same, but it's not. Anyone have any advice for taking screenshots on pc?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

jivjov posted:

Yeah, if you're ever hitting a wall in story mode, go do some PQs for a bit and gain a level or two.

The fact that I have to go grind levels to beat one of the earliest fights that is blocking off half the game is stupid as gently caress.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So I guess the server straight up isn't on. Maybe not until midnight?

e: okay, parallel quests work but multi-lobby doesn't

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I now have a Freeza clansman named Kelvin. Imma go save history now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is fun as gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FrancoFish posted:

The fact that I have to go grind levels to beat one of the earliest fights that is blocking off half the game is stupid as gently caress.

you dont have to grind levels, you just have to play some parallel quests which is part of the game

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

-Fish- posted:

You'd think it would be the same, but it's not. Anyone have any advice for taking screenshots on pc?

Press F12

Selane
May 19, 2006

-Fish- posted:

Like every other 3d game ever, just get the camera jammed against a wall or other object so it's forced to get closer to you.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is purchased gear unlocked for my entire account of created characters?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FrancoFish posted:

You'll only need a level or two. Nappa hits like a truck, but part of the grinding is just gonna be naturally getting better at the game and learning to dodge/block better.

Oh, and "Go do some PQs for a bit" is gonna be standard procedure for the whole game. Do a Time Patrol, go do some PQs, come do more Time Patrol, then do more PQs, repeat.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
So the BLA stat will affect all Ki attacks right? Like supers and ultimates and whatnot

EDIT: Still can't figure out how to abandon Krillin as my mentor

Morbleu fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 27, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

Is purchased gear unlocked for my entire account of created characters?

Yep, everything is unlocked account wide so if you, say, wanna buy a move like Super Saiyan in advance you're cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Did somebody say time travel?

Somebody make a Namekian named Frog and battle with me :)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 27, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just want to say that when I made this topic I had no idea this many goons were interested, and I want to thank everyone for participating.

It also makes me feel good to see people who were on the fence, decided to try it, and now say it owns. Zaphod is a good example.

Thanks everybody.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cool game

texasmed
May 27, 2004

FrancoFish posted:

Get the Z-soul "Never give up" so it rezzes you once if you die. Also pick up some healing capsules, and use weak attacks to combo into your supers and ultimate. I did that fight at around level 5, haven't gotten roadblocked yet.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Dryzen posted:

cool game

this is the best fun i have had with a video game (I'm BLACK PEOPLE)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there hats? This will be very important for my Goku if I decide to get this

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nigulus Rex posted:

So the BLA stat will affect all Ki attacks right? Like supers and ultimates and whatnot

EDIT: Still can't figure out how to abandon Krillin as my mentor

You just need to find a new mentor. Talk to them and you get to ditch your old mentor for them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's a gigantic golden Hercule / Mr. Satan statue in town :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

texasmed posted:

Get the Z-soul "Never give up" so it rezzes you once if you die. Also pick up some healing capsules, and use weak attacks to combo into your supers and ultimate. I did that fight at around level 5, haven't gotten roadblocked yet.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that - make sure you're using healing items and the like!

• Locked thread