Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I am not sure if I "get" the whole Keystone pipeline thing. Is it an oil money versus environmental issue or is there something more to it than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

I am not sure if I "get" the whole Keystone pipeline thing. Is it an oil money versus environmental issue or is there something more to it than that?

It's become more of a symbolic thing. The oil it would transport is being transported through the US by rail and truck already.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

How are u posted:

It's become more of a symbolic thing. The oil it would transport is being transported through the US by rail and truck already.
Yeah, that's why I was confused. Well, if it's symbolic now, I guess reality can just show itself out.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Here you go thread, here's a nice political cartoon for you!

A user on Youtube has spent over two weeks trying to convince me that being furry is not the same as bestiality, he just left the discussion by saying that God endorses all love and gave a blessing to me.

Nothing in existence is not a fetish and nothing makes sense, it's an astonishingly awful yet amazing time to be alive.

Nice photoshop of Ramirez, Apple Pie ohhh my gaaaaaaaaa- :wtf:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

How are u posted:

That said, due to the nature of rail and truck transportation, not being necessarily direct, a lot of the oil being transported through the US from Canada actually ends up staying in the US. The Mid and Southwestern US has, by far, the lowest gas prices in the country, as much as a dollar less on average than in states like Florida, New York or California, and that has an indirect effect of lowering gas prices nationwide.

A pipeline would directly funnel oil to Texas, where it could easily be exported. Many experts believe that there would be price-shocks in the US as a result.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Haha that Obama, he head so empty the pipe go through, lmao! Oh whoops it's the exact opposite of that. The thing he clearly drew and crosshatched the gently caress out of is not in fact the joke he wanted to make.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Haha that Obama, he head so empty the pipe go through, lmao! Oh whoops it's the exact opposite of that. The thing he clearly drew and crosshatched the gently caress out of is not in fact the joke he wanted to make.

In order to get jobs from the Keystone Pipeline, Obama would have to have no brain.

A Tired Meme.

Cartoon.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
One side of the pipe is keystone and the other side is jobs. to make the keystone state something synonymous with jobs, one would have to remove the obstacle of culturally rich artifacts, represented by the easter island head. The down to earth folks living in the central PA represented by blue color workers feel they cannot do that, because the abstract idea of "jobs" and progress associated with it is not worth destroying invaluable pieces of our past.

A dangerous cartoon that advocates the destruction of Joe Paterno's Legacty. Stop the tarnishing of a hero by activist reporters. go nittany lions,

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 27, 2015

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This one gave me a good laugh. They're just so happy about it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Barack H. Obama, King of Eyebrows

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In addendum, the pipeline proposal has it going through tribal lands, and as you can imagine, the tribes are none too happy about it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
There's also the question of the pipeline running over the Oglala Aquifer for a huge portion of its length--any leak in the Midwest could run the risk of contaminating what's left of the Great Plains water table for multiple states.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I think this is technically a political cartoon.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So the ninth grade civics teacher asked everyone to draw a summary of the Cuban Missile Crisis and that's what the smelly girl that was into anime coughed up.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Muslims, well known for launching coordinated rocket attacks from ships against cities.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, politicartoon characters get to wear all the best clothes. Shirts that say "today's mixed up kids", bandannas that say "100% bullshit" and so on.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think this is technically a political cartoon.

This is not a political cartoon, this is what happens when you learn world history from Hetalia.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RyokoTK posted:

So the ninth grade civics teacher asked everyone to draw a summary of the Cuban Missile Crisis and that's what the smelly girl that was into anime coughed up.

No, actually, they just felt like drawing the cuban missle crisis

quote:

So I decided to draw about the Cuban Missile Crisis. The thing was, though, was that no one would get it if I made the cartoon 100% Hetalia.. Which is why I ended up turning Cuba, Turkey, and Italy into guns (if you couldn't read the gun labels.. Well, there they are). Just think of it like Soul Eater. Those three can turn into guns.

My classmates are lame, some of them were like "... I get the one on the left is American.. But dunno about the one on the right.." and "... What's that? A gun? Why is Cuba a gun?" and, best of all, "WOW YOU MADE KENNEDY AND KHRUSHCHEV REALLY YOUNG LOLOL"

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

quote:

"WOW YOU MADE KENNEDY AND KHRUSHCHEV REALLY YOUNG LOLOL"
Hahaha, I love it

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hm, yes. Around the two month* mark pregnant ladies go from flat stomached to basically ready to deliver. That last seven months is really just a holding pattern, probably something to do with misandrist hypergamy.

* Or the one-week mark, depending on how you interpret the batshit time line.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Portals posted:

This is not a political cartoon, this is what happens when you learn world history from Hetalia.

I googled Hetalia and now I honestly don't know what to think about TODAY'S MIXED UP ANIME FANS.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I googled Hetalia and now I honestly don't know what to think about TODAY'S MIXED UP ANIME FANS.

Now google Kantai Collection

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^^
Isn't that like....WWII warships as anime girls? Or something along those lines?

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

It's like Humon but slightly less reprehensible, and with loads more slash fic.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 27, 2015

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So this is the stuff that periodically stinks up the D&D Picture Thread.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
He says in a thread with Day By Day posted in it

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Now google Kantai Collection

Why did I actually do this?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So who's gonna bet that there are going to be a lot of comics featuring BLUE DRESS and LLAMAS but really forced in there because it's just desperation to seem relevant?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Neeksy posted:

So who's gonna bet that there are going to be a lot of comics featuring BLUE DRESS and LLAMAS but really forced in there because it's just desperation to seem relevant?

Do not bring that blue/white dress thing into yet another thread.

Please.

I think it's breaking my brain.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Muir thinks OBAMA'S NASA hasn't done anything in the last six years besides Muslim outreach. It certainly didn't test a next generation manned vehicle a couple of months ago.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I'M A JEW! SAYING JEW WORDS INTO MY JEW TELEPHONE!

e:

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 27, 2015

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Crain posted:

Do not bring that blue/white dress thing into yet another thread.

Please.

I think it's breaking my brain.
The only blue dresses that belong ITT are ones with unfortunate white stains on them.

....or is that the dress in question, I don't really know what you guys are referring to?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

InequalityGodzilla posted:

....or is that the dress in question, I don't really know what you guys are referring to?
Someone took a photo and it's accidentally a pretty neat optical illusion because of the colour / lightning / mechanics of the eye involved.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
If you think that dress is gold and white I will ban u 🔪💀

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, Horsey, if it's one thing everyone knows J.K. Simmons for, it's the commercials and not, you know, Law and Order, Coen Brothers movies, Juno, or all that other stuff he's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKzb8W0O3UY. I work for Farmers. JK Simmons was in our annual state of the company telecast this week. All I could think of was him in Party Down.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Someone took a photo and it's accidentally a pretty neat optical illusion because of the colour / lightning / mechanics of the eye involved.

You conveniently glossed over the fact that it has broken the goddamned internet.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What color are the donkey's pants?

Trick question: he's not wearing any pants

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Spoeank posted:

You conveniently glossed over the fact that it has broken the goddamned internet.
Because that aspect is completely loving inexplicable.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

InequalityGodzilla posted:

^^^^^
Isn't that like....WWII warships as anime girls? Or something along those lines?

It's like Humon but slightly less reprehensible, and with loads more slash fic.

Ahahah no gently caress this. Humon is just kind of a loving idiot, though he means well (the whole paedophilia thing withstanding). Hetalia dude is a borderline apologist for Jap war atrocities back in WWII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Well you can't just say that and then not post it!

• Locked thread