Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

just had my first online disaster lol

played like poo which is ok since i'm new, but i couldn't figure out how to mute myself in the lobby (i apparently unmuted by mistake), so i wound up trying to hit my keys/click as quietly as possible while going "ahhhh i'm sorry"

fortunately the two random strangers i grouped up with were very nice about the whole thing and didn't mind. and we won! woo. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
The nice thing is item use doesn't really seem to affect your end-of-fight rank so personally I just buy a bunch of ki-restoring capsules and spam my ultimates constantly to get through boss fights. Vegeta and Nappa ain't poo poo when you can infini-blast them with Special Beam Cannon over and over.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't suppose there's a way to use Japanese audio in the game?

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I don't suppose there's a way to use Japanese audio in the game?

Options menu, game, language. Boom, done.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
So apparently Steam unlocked the game a few hours early, which about made me poo poo my pants in glee. Only to find that my home laptop doesn't have enough power to run it even on lowest settings. So I have to wait until tomorrow anyways to install it on my work computer.

The slideshow that I did get to play was baller as gently caress though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Firstborn posted:

I just want to say that when I made this topic I had no idea this many goons were interested, and I want to thank everyone for participating.

It also makes me feel good to see people who were on the fence, decided to try it, and now say it owns. Zaphod is a good example.

Thanks everybody.
I was on the fence and was probably going to wait for a price drop, but this thread convinced me. Thanks.

So many Gokus

And people will always pose with you, no matter where you are.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I finally got to play the game and discovered that you can, in the intro battles, chain Instant Transmission, into the first hit of Meteor Strike, into a charged Kamehameha. Not only do you look and feel like a stone cold G, you also take like a quarter health bar off. This is a good video game!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Always be posing in online mode, people will literally always join in.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

People online playing this game have all been super dope so far

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Harlock posted:

Nappa was kicking my rear end too so I went back to do Parallel Quests to beef up a bit.

Nappa kicked my rear end too, his kit is really good. Really digging playing as Raditz.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 27, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm very bad at this game so far, getting my rear end kicked in the nappa/vegeta mission way more than anyone ought to.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I'm bad at blocking and dodging attacks. It seems like the delay to get into block mode is absurdly large. If you werent planning on blocking you better forget about trying to block on a reflex as they would like you to. Dont even talk to me about grabs, since it takes forever to get into block animation you end up going L1 + ki blast instead of grabbing. You need to make sure you're blocking and then grab. My Namekian's grabs are sick and have long range tho.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just finished up with the Beerus end of story and it made me like him even more than I already do :allears:.

Also FYI for lapsed DBZ fans, watch battle of the gods, that poo poo owns.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Playing online is pretty fun. There's a bit of lag but nothing that can't be overcome. I wish you could go back into the lobby after a quick match to say good job or to start another one if you had a good group.

Maybe you do that as party registration?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nappa is the gut check, he isn't so much overpowered as he's an example of a very well built character at a level when you have like three options at most. He's designed to hurt you in the face and it's just gonna happen the first time or two.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Namekian crew here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Also FYI for lapsed DBZ fans, watch battle of the gods, that poo poo owns.

Quoting for truth

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I will save time and space with my assless armor!

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nappa is the gut check, he isn't so much overpowered as he's an example of a very well built character at a level when you have like three options at most. He's designed to hurt you in the face and it's just gonna happen the first time or two.

Pretty much this. Nappa's got a bunch of good moves, fights aggressively, and doesn't really have a notable weakness. He's not insane or anything, save that for the fight against the Mini-Buus way later, but you have to fight smart and actually figure out what you're doing. Or just use a bunch of healing items, whichever!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Are there hats? This will be very important for my Goku if I decide to get this

My earthling karate woman has a sedge hat. I saw somebody with a Kulilin hat earlier, too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea basically Nappa is the point where you have to figure the game out in at least a moderate degree, or just learn to spam healing, either way you gotta learn a harsh reality about DBZ, you're either a warrior or a punk choking down Senzu Beans every fight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What I'm saying is if you get stymied by Nappa, you may be a Yamcha situation.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Biggest thing to help is go into the local battle place, and set your self up in versus against a player 2 where nobody is on as this is the closest thing you will get to training mode. After this see what all your strings do(you can see the command list from the pause menu) and then practice your combos by mixing and matching your stuff.

For a reallllllly basic example, you can do something like 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2, hit jump to teleport cancel the last bit, then 2,2,2,2,2, then follow up with something like galick gun or kamehameha to hit them as they are flying away. Once you get more familiar with the game it will become more apparent to you how everything should work and you can make your own fancy dbz assed combos.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm beginning to think its my internet that's the problem

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PS4 server crashed. Still great fun though. Somehow got matched up with a guy who had Deathball and melted Vegeta with 1 1/2 hits.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Blockhouse posted:

I'm beginning to think its my internet that's the problem

Servers been fucky since day 1 on console, imagine its the same everywhere else. Typical mmo "oh we didn't expect this many people trying to log in" style problems.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I got Yamcha'd by Nappa a few times, but I eventually beat him without any items, then finished the rest of the chapter first try. Feels good man.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
I'm on the ginyu stealth mission...kill 20 enemies. Krillin keep dying..in true to form fashion. I tried singling out the ones targeting him and just fighting whoever. Nothing seems to work and he still just dies because there are always 3 dudes there.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Nigulus Rex posted:

I'm on the ginyu stealth mission...kill 20 enemies. Krillin keep dying..in true to form fashion. I tried singling out the ones targeting him and just fighting whoever. Nothing seems to work and he still just dies because there are always 3 dudes there.

For that mission you have to go ham. Combo into your specials about 90% of the time. The longer the fight gets, the higher chance one of your allies will get knocked out. Speedrun it.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

RickDaedalus posted:

For that mission you have to go ham. Combo into your specials about 90% of the time. The longer the fight gets, the higher chance one of your allies will get knocked out. Speedrun it.

Speedrun it? I'm playing as loving ginyu. I can't exactly will him to do more damage.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I have no idea what happened when I fought Nappa. I'd restarted a few times and was not doing well in the fight again when apparently the game took pity on me. I used that RT+Y move (the default one, the one that does like an 8 hit combo) and for whatever reason, the game launched Nappa clear across the map, taking damage the entire time. So he went from 3/4 full health to 0 in one insane combo that I had absolutely no part in.

I'd really like to know what happened and how I can replicate it because that was pretty drat cool.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Nigulus Rex posted:

Speedrun it? I'm playing as loving ginyu. I can't exactly will him to do more damage.

Ginyu has a super good normal combo and Milky Cannon will gently caress up the mooks something fierce.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

How do I get Parallel Quest 6?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Hivac posted:

Ginyu has a super good normal combo and Milky Cannon will gently caress up the mooks something fierce.

That's what I've been using on them. Maybe i need to use more milk cannon I guess

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Nigulus Rex posted:

I know, I beat it. It's a 20 man marathon. If the fight drags on, Krillin/Gohan won't make it. I decided to not care about ki conservation and I made it with a couple bruises and my allies at about 50% health.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Again, if you're having trouble, buy healing and ki-restoring items. I cannot overstate how insanely useful those are especially in the huge multiperson fights where you need to spam specials to kill things fast.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi add me to the group please. My id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattcruea/

I made my character cool. He is the son of a LEGENDARY WARRIOR summoned throughout time to help stop THE EVIL TIME BREAKERS or whatever

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel bad for anyone who left their name as PATROLLER

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

RickDaedalus posted:

I know, I beat it. It's a 20 man marathon. If the fight drags on, Krillin/Gohan won't make it. I decided to not care about ki conservation and I made it with a couple bruises and my allies at about 50% health.

Got it. I just did combos until I could Milky Blast each time and then spammed that when I could. Thanks for the tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I thought the PC options have a way to display Steam names rather than character names, but it's not working for me. It's gonna get rather confusing once people beat the game and start making 5-10 troll name alts.

• Locked thread