Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Harlock posted:

I feel bad for anyone who left their name as PATROLLER

Please respect my irl name Pat Roller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Hi add me to the group please. My id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattcruea/

I made my character cool. He is the son of a LEGENDARY WARRIOR summoned throughout time to help stop THE EVIL TIME BREAKERS or whatever

Dammit I wanted to make Dan Hibiki first.

Also i messed around with what characters I had unlocked thus far just playing against computers. Is the game at all supposed to have balanced characters, insomuch as stuff like saibamen and yamcha and hercule are characters who can be just as good as goku and nappa? because I tried playing as a saibaman and he seems like complete rear end, as does Krillian, while Nappa can completely stomp everyone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are you able to respec? I noticed that most of the Frieza specific armor lowers your Ki attacks and I went for a ki build because it said they have low attack so I'm not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just helped Raditz beat up Piccolo and Goku. This is a good game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are you able to respec? I noticed that most of the Frieza specific armor lowers your Ki attacks and I went for a ki build because it said they have low attack so I'm not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not.

Gotta get them dragon balls and make a wish

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you look at the little graph, it looks like the stat changes from clothes are pretty small, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any way to play custom battles with regular characters? From looking at goons posts it seems like the game is restricted to the OC campaign and online battles.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

haha okay the amount of grinding required to get certain things, especially mission rewards, is silly. ran mission 5 like 10 times so far to get "giant storm", no luck. in fact, only gotten nappa to spawn once despite completing the mission in under 5 minutes every time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mans posted:

Is there any way to play custom battles with regular characters? From looking at goons posts it seems like the game is restricted to the OC campaign and online battles.

Yeah, in everything except the main story mode you're given a character select screen where you can use any of the characters/movesets you've unlocked.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I just got done playing for today. Currently trying to recreate King Kai, which is basically just a short toothpaste-colored Majin until I can get some shades and proper robes.

On the bright side, it turns out the Majin's heavy->light combo lets you cancel the hit after you teleport and instead fire off your ultimate right in their face. Now that's what I call DBZ as gently caress.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Childish jokes and stupid dress up? Rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Bee posted:

I just got done playing for today. Currently trying to recreate King Kai, which is basically just a short toothpaste-colored Majin until I can get some shades and proper robes.

On the bright side, it turns out the Majin's heavy->light combo lets you cancel the hit after you teleport and instead fire off your ultimate right in their face. Now that's what I call DBZ as gently caress.

Good news, Kai robes and his hat/shades combo are buyable eventually!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Good news, Kai robes and his hat/shades combo are buyable eventually!

Perfect. I won't have ears or whiskers, but at least I'll be close. And I also have a solid gameplan of how to build my character. Namely, Kaio-Ken x20, Spirit Bomb, and mass destruction.

Can we buy anything that changes normal strings, or are you always going to have your race's?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like I might be doing something wrong or I'm not getting good enough gear or something, starting around the Ginyu saga I noticed poo poo started hitting ridiculously hard, is this intentional and I just need to get good or what.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I made a blue Majin and named her Berible (blue + berry + terrible? im not sure what i was going for) and I found another blueberry Majin and we hung out for a little while.

Good game, just have to make sure you do the Parallel Quests whenever you start having trouble in the story mode. They're side-quests but they're pretty important to progression.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Where does Raditz hang out? I stupidly cancelled my mentorship under him in favor of Krillin, and now I can't find him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Where does Raditz hang out? I stupidly cancelled my mentorship under him in favor of Krillin, and now I can't find him.

Mentors seem to switch positions randomly in the hub, just look around and you should find him eventually.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
holy poo poo, if your playing pq the parapara dance may be the best attack in the game. i dont know if its unblockable but it hits every time I was close and my npcs just would wail the hell out the them. this plus doing the candy bean to escape make this GOTY.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Is there a place I can easily find the combos that isn't the god awful flow chart of squares and circles from in game? At this point I basically press square a few times, then triangle a few times (barring a throw or heavy triangle or something)...which seems to work but I'd prefer to know what I'm clicking.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So if you preordered the game, protip, use SS4 Vegeta to steamroll PQs, he's crazy overpowered

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Nigulus Rex posted:

Is there a place I can easily find the combos that isn't the god awful flow chart of squares and circles from in game? At this point I basically press square a few times, then triangle a few times (barring a throw or heavy triangle or something)...which seems to work but I'd prefer to know what I'm clicking.

Experimentation is the best way. Delicious martial science.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

BattleCattle posted:

Experimentation is the best way. Delicious martial science.

Well it's difficult to figure out what is me pressing buttons, and what is a 3 button combo that hits 15 times...but I guess I'll start taking note of what I'm doing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where can you find an all-energy shard?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love how you can always find the villain you just beat around town offering a Parallel Quest to do the opposite side of the battle you just fought. Fun times.

Also it's funny to me that Kid Gohan's "You're an Earthling just like me, I'm so happy!" line plays as I am wearing Saiyan armor and helping Nappa kick his head in.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Good god this game is addictive. I'm really digging it. Some of these side quests are taxing, though.. I have one where I've got to solo final form Frieza, and he just doesn't take a hit. It's insane.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So you can abuse the poo poo out of the grab vs the computer. Combo>strike>grab

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Where's the online community on PC? I'm barely seeing anybody on.

e: also, is the multi lobby down for anyone else?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 27, 2015

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Namekians OP. Not having to worry about HP is pretty sweet.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Where are you in the story?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Steam says I have the 1st DLC pack downloaded but none of the content is showing up. Anybody else having this issue? Do I have to go through some manner of bullshit to unlock the content in it for use in-game?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hivac posted:

Where are you in the story?

Just finished Ginyu. It gives me an error about the servers being down, supposedly only affecting gifts and multi lobby, and the online match and online PQ listings are tiny (maybe 3 PQs and two player matches, total)

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Is there a way to see specific stats on armor? I see the blue and red arrows, but exactly how much are my stats going down and up, any way to tell?

Also, just got done playing a bunch of PQs with some guy I teamed up with randomly. It's really fun to go all out on some of these quests together, and certain moments put a poo poo eating grin on my face. Like when we both did a combo at the same time and sent the dude flying, and as he was flying away he shot his Weekend ultimate at the same time I shot a Kamehameha. poo poo was baller as heck.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

This game is really fun

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I made my Saiyan Do-Not-Steal finally, and took Vegeta as my mentor. I thought we were bros.

Then he said, "I recognize that armor you are wearing. It'll make you weak... just like Radditz!" (I was wearing Radditz armor).

He's also told me something like, "If you are a real Saiyan, then aim for the top!"

I'm surprised at all the race specific dialogue. It's also fun to hear the character specific stuff, like if you pick Nappa vs. Vegeta, during the fight Nappa will tell Vegeta that being prince of the Saiyans doesn't mean anything anymore.

Oh, and here's a pro-tip: You get experience for your CAC in your parallel quests even if you play someone else. Go ahead and smash face with SSJ4 Vegeta. It don't matter.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Just finished Ginyu. It gives me an error about the servers being down, supposedly only affecting gifts and multi lobby, and the online match and online PQ listings are tiny (maybe 3 PQs and two player matches, total)

That eliminates the only thing I can think of aside from early-on server wonkiness in sorta-online games like this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:siren: tips for new players :siren:

When you level up, you get ability points. Spend those to get stronger, each level gets increasingly difficult so you need to do this.

You need to get level 10 before you can go online. You need to finish the first several story missions before you can go online.

There are 3 main modes:

Story/Time stuff, where you play specific encounters as yourself or DBZ characters in specific order, solo only
Parallel Quests (or PQs) which let you play out set encounters (like dungeons) with whatever characters you choose, solo or online
Versus mode, which lets you fight like a standard arcade figher game, with whatever characters you choose, on whatever map you choose, solo or online

When you hit level 10 you will only see other players as NPC representations of themselves. You can quit the game and log back in and it'll give you the choice of offline (but other players still appear as NPCs) or Online (where other players run around and talk like a proper MMO)

You should bounce back and forth between Story and PQs to level up.
Spend ability points and equip new techniques as you get them.

Dryzen posted:

This game is really fun

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah multi is down for PC right now it seems. Launch day :cheeky:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 27, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How are you guys doing stats? I've been keeping everything mostly even, but I have HP and Regular Attack (or whatever it is) a few points higher. That said, I'm using Lord Slug's gear on my Human to bolster that, but it really decreases my Ki Supers..

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

You need to get level 10 before you can go online.

I don't think this is true per say, as I was teaming with a level 8 guy for a while. I think it more has to do with finishing the prologue quests, and finishing the saiyan story line to kill Nappa/Vegeta. After that I was able to go online.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

How are you guys doing stats? I've been keeping everything mostly even, but I have HP and Regular Attack (or whatever it is) a few points higher. That said, I'm using Lord Slug's gear on my Human to bolster that, but it really decreases my Ki Supers..

I figured I'd do HP and basic attack, and then pick one of either melee supers or blast supers and focus on getting that really high, and then just stack my techniques with all abilities of that type.

I picked blasts, so I'm putting equal points into HP, attack, and blast supers. Everything else I'm kinda ignoring except max ki which I'm doing a little of.

The Green Calx posted:

I don't think this is true per say, as I was teaming with a level 8 guy for a while. I think it more has to do with finishing the prologue quests, and finishing the saiyan story line to kill Nappa/Vegeta. After that I was able to go online.

Corrected! :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was pouring everything in to ki supers after I thought they did more damage, now I'm shifting back to strikes and basic attacks. You can min-max latter if it even matters when you get the dragon balls, I figured to see what I like.

• Locked thread