Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I have the first figure in the GFF series (FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam) and I like it fine, though it is basically a brick and too simple to really invite any structural issues.

One thing I'll say about the line is that the more complex color schemes suffer from really sloppy paint application, and the hard rubber, poorly-finished parts sometimes make them look like oversized vending machine toys.

There's no denying that some of the designs are very cool though, in some cases nicer than any of the available kits. If you get one and it turns out awful you could always re-box and resell it I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
On the other end of the spectrum, I have the GFF Ex-S. It's actually pretty solid, but like Bimmi's FA Gundam, it's really just a brick. That's just the nature of the Ex-S in general, though. The joints are actually pretty tight and everything stays on reasonably well thanks to the fact that PVC likes to stick to PVC. The only complaint I ever had about it is the crotch-attachment for the Beam Smart Rifle never sat right probably due to a molding issue.

Motherfucker's been standing tall in my collection for like a decade now. Besides that crotch-attachment issue, I've pulled him down and moved him several times and haven't had any problems. Nothing's fallen off, nothing's broken. It's kind of a miracle, really. I mean, it's the Ex-S.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Am I the only one who prefers the Assault Kingdom Neo Zeong design to the HGUC? The extra panel lines break up what are just flat plastic expanses on the HGUC. Plus, poseable fingers.

If you're wondering how that stacks up compared to your other Neo Zeong options...

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm probably the only nerd that things most Gundam look like over designed boondoggles.

I like the Zaku, though. They look like a more reasonable boondoggle. Are there any "must-have" Zaku kits out there?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

alphabrawl posted:

I'm probably the only nerd that things most Gundam look like over designed boondoggles.

I like the Zaku, though. They look like a more reasonable boondoggle. Are there any "must-have" Zaku kits out there?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

alphabrawl posted:

That's because they actually are. They're generally prototypes that the next round of standardized grunt suits are derived from :v:.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Imagine if a kid stole an F-35 and it actually worked. That's Gundam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Even in the original the Gundam wasn't actually all that important, despite how good it was in combat. All it did was buy time and combat data for Jaburo to mass-produce the GM's that brought the pain en-masse to Zeon.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I just finished my Grimore. It's cute!

It's going in the grunt collective with the others!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it should only have one red shoulder...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muike posted:

You're getting the Grimoire confused with the Hi-Mock

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

muike posted:

What?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

It should only have one Red Shoulder.

Though, it should really be on the right shoulder, and a deeper shade of red. Like the color of blood...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

You accidentally painted a Grimoire in Red Shoulder Battalion colors?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

To be fair, if you've thumbed through the MS Era artbook, you quickly realize that most of the designs in 0080 are meant to really be retcons of the classic designs as opposed to all new, completely different variations. There are some obvious actual variations like the two different GM Commandos vs the Cold Climate type (I would contend the Sniper 2 is just a Sniper Custom), but otherwise the Dom II is just a Dom, Hygogg just a Gogg, FZ Zaku just an F-type, etc.

But Bandai just had to make sure they could sell those new designs with the old so model kits and manuals made up a refit project to explain the new designs.

Zakrello and Bigro, ver. Izubuchi.

Holy crap that zakrello looks loving awesome.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Holy crap that zakrello looks loving awesome.

its the coolest a zakrello has ever looked

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

its the coolest a zakrello has ever looked

the original one is shameful but this one is a mean rear end mofo. is there a model of it or what

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

the original one is shameful but this one is a mean rear end mofo. is there a model of it or what

no, or even another piece of art of that design. one panel in an artbook only.

Heres a cool scratchbuild somebody did of a similar redesign though:

http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=9683&cid=0

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

:vince:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What is even going on here?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

boom boom boom posted:

It's part of the three Zeta team from the Gundam Evolve series of shorts. They've already released the White Unicorn and Gray Zeta (which isn't gray at all!) as Web Shop Exclusives.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Don't get too excited. It's not like you'll get around to building it. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well yeah but it's gonna look awesome in my closet and that's what really matters.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV: It's gonna look awesome in my closet and that's what really matters.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That is pretty incredible, especially after the kinda bleh Gundam X boxart. I mean, it showcased the Gundam X's thing, big fuckoff cannon, but still.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

alphabrawl posted:

We have similar tastes. The MG Zaku II 2.0 is an excellent kit, as is the MG Gouf 2.0. On the Fed side, check out the Jesta (MG and HG are both great kits).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TheManSeries posted:

Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV: Roadtrip to Blitzblast's house to take all his backlog

Fixed. :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Taken from twitter, I know they're painted versions but they look really really good besides.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

boom boom boom posted:

This is the Gundam equivalent of a rice rocket. Nothing more or less.

The gun-spikes are a particularly awesome stupid touch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Has the Denial Gundam had an HG announcement before now? Because here it is, and it's out in March.

There's a display shot of the Tryon 3 as well, and I can't help but notice it's not being shown off alongside three robot animals. Bandai I demand a flimsy combiner, not this cheaped-out untransformable solidly-constructed HG robot :colbert:.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Deviantart Gundam looks ok, at first I thought the glowy bits would have to be painted over, but maybe with the right modulation they could look better.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Somebody got a better shot, maybe I'll finally buy another HG.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:allears: Gundam DX :allears:

TARDISman posted:

That is pretty incredible, especially after the kinda bleh Gundam X boxart. I mean, it showcased the Gundam X's thing, big fuckoff cannon, but still.
GX's boxart is amazing sir.

Also I kinda like that Zeta, its 2Edgy4U in a lot of ways but It does have some neat detail going on.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Has the Denial Gundam had an HG announcement before now? Because here it is, and it's out in March.

There's a display shot of the Tryon 3 as well, and I can't help but notice it's not being shown off alongside three robot animals. Bandai I demand a flimsy combiner, not this cheaped-out untransformable solidly-constructed HG robot :colbert:.

The SxDxG isn't being shown off in dragon form either.

Keep the faith. :shepspends:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DigitalRaven posted:

The SxDxG isn't being shown off in dragon form either.

Keep the faith. :shepspends:

Nope, they showed that off in the magazine pictures already.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddrat that is some great boxart.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Looks pretty sweet; are those G-Bits in the background?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Looks pretty sweet; are those G-Bits in the background?
Edit: Yup, I now see that there are multiple things in the background.
Jamil :911:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 27, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dalong's review of the S-Gundam Booster Type has something that I didn't notice before.

That beam smartgun has a bipod. The S-Gundam is designed for space use. The Booster Type doesn't even have legs. What the gently caress is it going to rest on?

Why am I suddenly obsessed with this one tiny bit of nonsensical Gundam physics as opposed to all the rest? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Its for resting it on an asteroid you are hiding behind while you play sniper. :sicknasty: