Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

football fuckerman posted:

Here's a cool email the NFL sent me this morning

Great job on the consistent branding guys

Majestic "Draft Me 7th" shirt. add round to that, and I'll show up at the draft. This year, we can have TWO Mr. Irrelevants!

E: And with the 199th pick, The Browns pick some drunk a hobo spoke fondly of from the gallery.

Then the Price is Right "COME ON DOWN" music hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cucka posted:

Majestic "Draft Me 7th" shirt. add round to that, and I'll show up at the draft. This year, we can have TWO Mr. Irrelevants!

E: And with the 199th pick, The Browns pick some drunk a hobo spoke fondly of from the gallery.

I was thinking "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

is it me or is there a big gap between the O and W on that black hoodie?

Yeah, the Browns are usually pretty far from a W.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cucka posted:

Luckily the Browns store sells some clever disguises you could use to help you get drafted.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thank god it comes in HD

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, the Browns are usually pretty far from a W.

What happened the last time we played?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Here's a cool email the NFL sent me this morning

Great job on the consistent branding guys

Most teams have about a billion different designs for official clothes

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

What happened the last time we played?

Charlie Whitehurst. We play you thus season btw.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Febreeze posted:

Most teams have about a billion different designs for official clothes

do most teams announce a logo then keep selling the old logo on things? white facemasks abound

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

do most teams announce a logo then keep selling the old logo on things? white facemasks abound

It's only been a few days, they probably need to get everything updated, and they probably don't have as many people working on that as you'd expect. They look to be behind as nothing in the store has the updated version yet. You could still find plenty of good ol' Helmet Dolphin after the Miami re-brand. The Browns official store has a total clearance sale on right now, so they are probably trying to get rid of as much of the old stuff as they can because they know people will buy the new stuff.

They sent you an ad on an automated system before the ad was updated. If they are still selling exclusively old logos in a couple of weeks then you can laugh.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Even getting past the fact that they haven't updated the merch to feature the "new" logo, it is kinda absurd how many different logos the Browns have. You've got the helmet, the dog, the B-football, and the elf. I'm not a big-time branding hot shot, but that seems, uh, muddled.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Febreeze posted:

It's only been a few days, they probably need to get everything updated, and they probably don't have as many people working on that as you'd expect. They look to be behind as nothing in the store has the updated version yet. You could still find plenty of good ol' Helmet Dolphin after the Miami re-brand. The Browns official store has a total clearance sale on right now, so they are probably trying to get rid of as much of the old stuff as they can because they know people will buy the new stuff.

They sent you an ad on an automated system before the ad was updated. If they are still selling exclusively old logos in a couple of weeks then you can laugh.

Yeah, they probably have a lot of old poo poo to move, it just feels like more patheticness for them to announce a new logo and then half-rear end the merch for it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
At the very least they could add RETRO STYLE to every items description

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Chichevache posted:

Charlie Whitehurst. We play you thus season btw.

I'm optimistic that the Browns with WASHEDUPQB24 that will be signed in the next 2 weeks will prevail over your silly vaunted defense.

:smith:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

say no to bats posted:

I'm optimistic that the Browns with WASHEDUPQB24 that will be signed in the next 2 weeks will prevail over your silly vaunted defense.

We do have one game s year we win that we have business even being in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So my take on the Browns as an outside observer watching things like that 20-minute video of what it's actually like to be a Browns fan is that they have never had a good quarterback in the modern era. If they had such a thing they would be at least reasonably competitive.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does 2001 count as the modern era? I sure hope so. :ohdear:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

say no to bats posted:

I'm optimistic that the Browns with Josh McCown will prevail over your silly vaunted defense.

:laugh:

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Josh McCown holy poo poo.

This is 2010 all over again. In 2010 the Browns had finally ditched Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, the two great hopes from 2007. With no one to play QB, they signed Jake Delhomme who was 35. McCown will be 36.

Maybe Connor Cook or Cardale Jones will be the real deal and the Browns can ride McCown to the #1 overall pick like Tampa Bay did this year.

Right?

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Ok. Yes. Ok. Ok.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MonsterWalk posted:

Ok. Yes. Ok. Ok.

Don't worry. McCown will have his best season ever...after he's traded for Cutler

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Tank for Cardale. I'm jonesin' for Cardale. Let's all toot the horn riding this Browns Car-dale. etc.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Oh Browns, you just never learn :laugh:

Gatts posted:

Tank for Cardale. I'm jonesin' for Cardale. Let's all toot the horn riding this Browns Car-dale. etc.

They will somehow gently caress that up as well, there is no escape.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
God drat another mccown.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Soooo...we signed McCown?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Who is an undersized big 12 qb with a third round grade?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Cleveland Browns are a spectacular loving mess.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Flikken posted:

Colt McCoy?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Lote posted:

Colt McCoy?

I meant in this year's draft, but I would have rather re-signed Colt than Josh McCown.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Flikken posted:

I meant in this year's draft, but I would have rather re-signed Colt than Josh McCown.

Oh.

Case McCoy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I thought you were looking at next year for some reason and the only close answer at this point is David Webb out of Texas Tech. Maybe JW Walsh from Oklahoma State. I don't think either one is going to get up to a third round grade.

If you're asking about this draft Bryce Petty is your man.

e: poo poo none of those guys are really undersized. I've failed to research your joke :(

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 28, 2015

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Signing a below average 35 year old QB to a 3 year deal seems stupid. Is he going to start? Are they giving up on Manziel or Hoyer here?

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
If the Browns wanted a washed up, untalented old QB they could have just held on to Weeden.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Flikken posted:

trevone boykin

but that would own

e: actually lol no scout is gonna rank boykin in the third round

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yaws posted:

Signing a below average 35 year old QB to a 3 year deal seems stupid. Is he going to start? Are they giving up on Manziel or Hoyer here?

Hoyer is a free agent, so it certainly seems like they won't be bringing him back. If they drafted a QB in the first or second instead of signing McCown, you could probably assume they were giving up on Manziel, but as it stands, this looks like standard "bringing in competition" because Manziel obviously hasn't earned the starting job.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Flikken posted:

My dude

Are you okay

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Hoyer is a free agent, so it certainly seems like they won't be bringing him back. If they drafted a QB in the first or second instead of signing McCown, you could probably assume they were giving up on Manziel, but as it stands, this looks like standard "bringing in competition" because Manziel obviously hasn't earned the starting job.

Amusingly, by letting Hoyer walk and signing McCown, who was cut, they set themselves up to probably get a ~6th round comp pick!

That's worth starting McCown at QB right?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yaws posted:

Manziel is a Ryan Leaf-sized bust right now.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Manziel is a Ryan Leaf-sized bust right now.

whoa whoa whoa hold the gently caress on

leaf won 4 whole games :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Amusingly, by letting Hoyer walk and signing McCown, who was cut, they set themselves up to probably get a ~6th round comp pick!

That's worth starting McCown at QB right?

I refuse to believe the Browns were smart enough to have that kind of foresight.

• Locked thread