Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I played this list tonight and had a ton of fun.

100 points

Pilots
------

Torkhil Mux (25)
HWK-290 (19), Autoblaster Turret (2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Binayre Pirate (15) x 5
Z-95 Headhunter (12), “Hot Shot” Blaster (3)

Torkil put in some serious work and the blasters were incredible. I'm not quite sure if engine upgrade is correct on Torkhil but I'm not really sure where else the points could be spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Am I sinking too many points into a single model here? I could fly this with 3 M3-As equipped with flachette cannons.

46 points

Pilots
------

Guri (46)
StarViper (30), Outmaneuver (3), Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Advanced Sensors (3), Inertial Dampeners (1)

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Chance II posted:

Am I sinking too many points into a single model here? I could fly this with 3 M3-As equipped with flachette cannons.

46 points

Pilots
------

Guri (46)
StarViper (30), Outmaneuver (3), Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Advanced Sensors (3), Inertial Dampeners (1)

That's an awful lot of points for 5 HP.

I just got my scum in, woo!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I decided to make an Assault Gunboat inspired Lambda conversion.

Always had a soft spot for it after piloting it in Tie Fighter back in the day. Wrong scale, and something of a spur of the moment project, but it should be fun to run as a buzzsaw.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat that looks nice

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gonna give S&V a try this weekend, this is what I would like to try first:

Kavil (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Total: 98

If i drop one of the Binayre's and the Munition Failsafes I can fit in Torkil Mux (and thus have a higher chance of hitting a non-cloaked Phantom), but I then can't fit a turret apart from the autoblaster, which will not work well with his setup.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
It there a go to painting guide for x-wing? I've looked around but most are not that good.

I primed my Lambda Shuttle as I hate the Yacht look of the stock white ship and want to make a more military looking ship in dark grey.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Flew against my Imp list against my roommate's Torkil + IG-88 C and D build last night. It's pretty disgusting. The ability to use the 3 bank OR the 3 turn templates to S-turn and a 4 K-turn means it's really tough to anticipate their movements. I managed to kill the HWK and one Aggressor but eventually fell to the remaining Aggressor. He did an excellent job keeping me guessing where he was headed and i got all jumbled up trying to focus fire in the wrong direction more than once.

I think he's going to scrap the HWK next round (I downed him after 1 round of combat) and just deck out an IG-88 B and D with cannons and FCS. Which means both ships have the ability to fire twice (if he misses) and will always have a target lock. He could chew right through turtled interceptors.

Oof.

Irom fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 27, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Something like this?

98 points

PILOTS

IG88-B (49)
Aggressor (36), Push the Limit (3), Fire-Control System (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4), “Hot Shot” Blaster (3), IG-2000 (0), Munitions Failsafe (1)

IG88-D (49)
Aggressor (36), Push the Limit (3), Fire-Control System (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4), “Hot Shot” Blaster (3), IG-2000 (0), Munitions Failsafe (1)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Suddenly realized that it's been so long since I ordered from CoolStuff that my S&V box is on it's way to my parents' place. Thankfully they live just across town, so it's not a huge deal...but there is a very real risk that my stepmother will "accidently" drop, kick, or otherwise cause harm to my mail...

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I'm tempted by autothrusters for the Aggressor. Not sure if something that large will be able to arc dodge or stay at range 3 enough, though. For two points though, even just working for a couple shots a match makes them with it on a 50 point ship.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I'm running inertial dampers on mine. Also using B and C instead of B and D.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I am so intrigued by those 2 cannon slots but can't for the life of me justify equipping a second.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

I am so intrigued by those 2 cannon slots but can't for the life of me justify equipping a second.
I'd like to use it to, for example, be able to strap a HLC onto it and still be able to use the gunner ability of IG-88D, but it doesn't really seem that cost effective for a somewhat negligible gain.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tekopo posted:

Something like this?

98 points

PILOTS

IG88-B (49)

IG88-D (49)

That's disgusting.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

In a good way or a bad way? :v:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ugh I still haven't ordered anything.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Welp, all my local gaming stores got restocked but none of them got any S&V and wont be for at least another couple of months. gently caress those guys.

Jumped online and ordered me up a couple of IG2Ks, a StarViper and a Most Wanted. :homebrew:

Still humming and hawing about getting a couple of Scyks though. Anyone have any builds that include them worth considering?

parabolic posted:

I decided to make an Assault Gunboat inspired Lambda conversion.

This is cool as hell. As another fellow fan of the assgunboat I'm hoping it somehow makes it into one of the future expansions planned by FFG.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 27, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Irom posted:

Flew against my Imp list against my roommate's Torkil + IG-88 C and D build last night. It's pretty disgusting. The ability to use the 3 bank OR the 3 turn templates to S-turn and a 4 K-turn means it's really tough to anticipate their movements. I managed to kill the HWK and one Aggressor but eventually fell to the remaining Aggressor. He did an excellent job keeping me guessing where he was headed and i got all jumbled up trying to focus fire in the wrong direction more than once.

I think he's going to scrap the HWK next round (I downed him after 1 round of combat) and just deck out an IG-88 B and D with cannons and FCS. Which means both ships have the ability to fire twice (if he misses) and will always have a target lock. He could chew right through turtled interceptors.

Oof.

You might think that would chew through turtled things, but I flew four A-Wings with Autothrusters against a list that's drat near what you described and it took goddamn forever for him to shoot anything down. The number of attacks you get just isn't enough to strip tokens reliably enough to chew through anything unless you get all four shots on one target consistently for two or three rounds at a time.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

CODChimera posted:

Ugh I still haven't ordered anything.

I ordered the most wanted set from amazon since they claimed it was in stock, but they won't ship until March 2nd. I wanted it to run a goofy new list at a tournament this weekend.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
There's a new FAQ and it says you are allowed to use dials from the wrong faction, provided you have the ship bases and cards from the right faction.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Poopy Palpy posted:

There's a new FAQ and it says you are allowed to use dials from the wrong faction, provided you have the ship bases and cards from the right faction.

Link?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, I don't see it in the latest FAQ.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d6/2c/d62c343a-c4bd-497f-a45c-7cf0dd2cb300/x-wing_tournamentrules_v223.pdf

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Well, it's good that they reserved that decision.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

Hooray! Nice to see FFG making a good call.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
gently caress yeah that's awesome

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, that's nice!

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

That is an outstanding ruling on their part. Very happy that i don't need to buy even more Most Wanted Sets

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Still gonna get a second MW though because of Hot-Shot Blaster/Bynaire Pirates (still need those bases/cards).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Oh man, that is amazing. I'm still gonna pick up a second MW pack, but now I don't feel like I need to rush out and do it right away.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's nice to know I can use my two rebel Z-95s as a scum Z-95s after getting MW and no one will bitch at me for not having the scum dials for them.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Think I'm gonna give something like this a shot for casual games tomorrow. Kinda want to see how the new upgrades and pilots impact the older ships before I start trying to build around the new ones.

Emon Azzameen (36)
Seismic Charges (2)
Seismic Charges (2)
Seismic Charges (2)
Andrasta (0)

Drea Renthal (22)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

IG88-B (49)
Aggressor (36), Predator (3), Fire-Control System (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4), Feedback Array (2), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-C (49)
Aggressor (36), Predator (3), Fire-Control System (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4), Feedback Array (2), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

drat, but this is fun to build.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Is Predator the best idea on that build with a FCS? You'll have a target lock for at least half of your shots if not more, and Predator+TL is pretty close to not useful at all.

May I suggest Advanced Sensors instead, for capitalizing on those funky loops?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I''l be heading to my FLGS for an X-Wing tournament tomorrow morning. I've never been there for an event before, and have no idea what to expect. I'm just taking my for funsies Imperial list, Academy Pilot x3 and Saber Squadron x3, participation prize is an alt art soontir fel, should be fun I hope.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Reynold posted:

I''l be heading to my FLGS for an X-Wing tournament tomorrow morning. I've never been there for an event before, and have no idea what to expect. I'm just taking my for funsies Imperial list, Academy Pilot x3 and Saber Squadron x3, participation prize is an alt art soontir fel, should be fun I hope.

What city?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Strobe posted:

What city?

Indianapolis, Game Preserve north

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There's one happening tomorrow at Collector's Cache in Kansas City for anyone in the area, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

Strobe posted:

Is Predator the best idea on that build with a FCS? You'll have a target lock for at least half of your shots if not more, and Predator+TL is pretty close to not useful at all.

May I suggest Advanced Sensors instead, for capitalizing on those funky loops?

I don't think Advanced Sensors is an EPL.

EDIT: I am dumb. Advice well taken!

Feeple fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 28, 2015

• Locked thread