Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any word on SSJ4 Vegeta being available for purchase later? I honestly think the Xbone version is gonna be my primary; since it's on my glorious 50 inch TV, but since I bought digital on day of release, I didn't get the Day 1/preorder bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jivjov posted:

Has there been any word on SSJ4 Vegeta being available for purchase later? I honestly think the Xbone version is gonna be my primary; since it's on my glorious 50 inch TV, but since I bought digital on day of release, I didn't get the Day 1/preorder bonuses.

DLC #3 will have the pre-order stuff from both regions

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A Spider Covets posted:

eonwe and me are gonna form a team if anyone wants to join. we're both CST I think

I'm CST but I'm at work or I totally would.

I should get off in like 10 episodes :cheeky:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

yo goddamn

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

BattleCattle posted:

20, on this end. I think I started at 17, so you should be fine.

Just use your aura dash to get away from the deathball, or bring along the super guard. That ball hits like a truck, regardless of level.

I used the pose from Ginyu that turns your stamina into a damage buffer.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm CST but I'm at work or I totally would.

I should get off in like 10 episodes :cheeky:

haha so are the two of us oops. i'm a 9-5'er. unless he has someone else in mind i'll hit you up later

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've been grinding the Sabaimen mission (trying really hard to get Nappa's Ultimate), and Attack of the Saiyans (I want all the pieces of Vegeta's first costume, I still need the pants and gloves).

My create-a-vegeta demands it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Considering Friezamen are the fast guys, would they be viable for a full support build? Just max out your ki so you can spam Solar Flares and Para Para Boogie, then pop a Ginyu Body Change for when you're on solo missions or when you're in a smashing mood.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Do you have to repeatedly redo PQs to get all the items in the pool?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Bee posted:

Considering Friezamen are the fast guys, would they be viable for a full support build? Just max out your ki so you can spam Solar Flares and Para Para Boogie, then pop a Ginyu Body Change for when you're on solo missions or when you're in a smashing mood.

If this is anything like most MMOs, then starting race stats are going to be really negligible in the long run. Plus we've already seen clothing does very little impact, I imagine they gave them slight differences to give them some flavor (as most MMORPGs will do with character creation, even though this isn't an MMORPG really) but its not really something you're locked into.

I don't really know for sure, but I'd figure the starting stats are pretty small in differences and that after you get 10 or 20 levels under your belt you're more defined by where you put your level points than by your race. Which would be a good thing.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Yep. Some of them could be rewards from other stuff too? But yeah, you have to do them over and over if you want that ability right now. Good luck.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Welp I tried everything to get my error fixed, I even tried making a new character as one idiot online suggested that I should have been smarter than trying.

Well, luckily everything's saved, now I just gotta grind up Lemogras my midget Saiyan I guess, or maybe make a Frieza or something since I might as well try for new stuff, lemons and lemonade and all that jazz.

Gonna try the re-initializing idea, luckily all my poo poo is on PS+'s cloud so it's just a matter of re-downloading a few games...like Xenoverse.

I figure this error's gonna plague me regardless so this has become more than just getting shiny gold armor...still want that drat shiny armor though :argh:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

ZenVulgarity posted:

whooooooo loving knows, but most likely, yeah. It seems random at times. Other times you can get certain events to happen and items to drop if you do specific actions, like finish Piccolo with an ultimate attack before beating Gohan. Stuff like that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I think its lame you can only have one character at first. How far do you have to get to unlock the others again? Does it take long?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zaphod42 posted:

If this is anything like most MMOs, then starting race stats are going to be really negligible in the long run. Plus we've already seen clothing does very little impact, I imagine they gave them slight differences to give them some flavor (as most MMORPGs will do with character creation, even though this isn't an MMORPG really) but its not really something you're locked into.

I don't really know for sure, but I'd figure the starting stats are pretty small in differences and that after you get 10 or 20 levels under your belt you're more defined by where you put your level points than by your race. Which would be a good thing.

Yep. Some of them could be rewards from other stuff too? But yeah, you have to do them over and over if you want that ability right now. Good luck.

I was mainly asking because speed seems size and race dependant, not stat based. Probably because if it scaled like the point value stats things would get absurd fast.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Zaphod42 posted:

I think its lame you can only have one character at first. How far do you have to get to unlock the others again? Does it take long?

It takes a real long time, you have to beat the story first. Thankfully I never found any of the story missions boring but you do have to beat like 50 of them and jesus christ Trunks shut up!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the supreme kai of time owns tho

so does tokitoki

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

whooooooo loving knows, but most likely, yeah. It seems random at times. Other times you can get certain events to happen and items to drop if you do specific actions, like finish Piccolo with an ultimate attack before beating Gohan. Stuff like that.

I want Kaioken god damnit

Eonwe posted:

the supreme kai of time owns tho

so does tokitoki

Supreme kai surprisingly does own

Trunks does not

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

It takes a real long time, you have to beat the story first. Thankfully I never found any of the story missions boring but you do have to beat like 50 of them and jesus christ Trunks shut up!!

That's exactly what I was afraid of :smith:

On the bright side that prevents me from being an alt-aholic like I am in most MMOs....

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I want broly hair

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if modding this game is even remotely possible

also I wonder if someone will make a mod to add ROCK THE DRAGON as the intro

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A mod to make the intro have more than five frames of animation

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Got kiaoken x20 and will never use it

I am trying to get a z rank on a namek map, trio i think. But you have to leave krillin and piccolo alive, wait for vegeta, then kill vegeta, then piccolo, then krillin. This gets freiza to spawn but this game doesn't let me tell my allies this easily.

Also why is there no god drat push to talk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I want broly hair

One of the options for Saiyans looks pretty much exactly like Broly pre-SSJ (super mullet)

The spikey hair is pretty close to his SSJ although not quite as big. :ssj:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can I get an Invite to the Steam group

http://steamcommunity.com/id/t3h_dex

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Alright goons, things are not going well and I need to figure out whether I'm just terrible at this game or if I'm doing it wrong. Right now I've got a female Saiyan with twenty points in Ki, twenty in Strike and fifty points in Basic and I am just getting wreaked by everything. Part of that I'm sure is low Saiyan health means I don't have much room for error, but I really don't seem all that effective even when I am beating the piss out of enemies without getting hit.

My first thought is to respec with Shenron and put those forty other points into Stamina instead and see about using Kaioken x20 to more effectively beat the crap out of everything. But with that much Stamina make a huge difference in how long it lasts or is that just a waste? My other thought is to just abandon basic attack altogether and put those points into Ki Blast instead, but is that actually a worthwhile strategy either?

Mostly I don't want to farm up the balls just to make my stats dumb and have to do it all over again. Help?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Bubba Smith posted:

I really wish that you unlocked your other gokus as you completed story arcs instead of unlocking all of them at the end. I'm loving the poo poo out of playing my butt-chinned karate mans kicking evil in the face across time and space but I wouldn't mind trying out something more ki blast focused. That and I've unlocked parts of Chi Chi's costume but can't wear them. :mad:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

One of the options for Saiyans looks pretty much exactly like Broly pre-SSJ (super mullet)

The spikey hair is pretty close to his SSJ although not quite as big. :ssj:

How did that one Nameian have broly hair though

I'd imagine it's an accessory option

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

It's best to stay at least a little bit balanced. Different enemies have different strategies, and specializing in "just ki blasts" or "just stamina" will have you hitting a wall every time an enemy happens to capitalize on your weakness.

That said, stamina's pretty important since it factors into how long you can attack, how many times you can blink, and how long you can block. I think you get a new stamina bar every 15 points or so.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 27, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm really bad at blocking.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

New Leaf posted:

I'm really bad at blocking.

Nobody's perfect. Fix that with training.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pretty sure my character sheet has a 0% block usage and a 95% melee attack.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harlock posted:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Alright goons, things are not going well and I need to figure out whether I'm just terrible at this game or if I'm doing it wrong. Right now I've got a female Saiyan with twenty points in Ki, twenty in Strike and fifty points in Basic and I am just getting wreaked by everything. Part of that I'm sure is low Saiyan health means I don't have much room for error, but I really don't seem all that effective even when I am beating the piss out of enemies without getting hit.

My first thought is to respec with Shenron and put those forty other points into Stamina instead and see about using Kaioken x20 to more effectively beat the crap out of everything. But with that much Stamina make a huge difference in how long it lasts or is that just a waste? My other thought is to just abandon basic attack altogether and put those points into Ki Blast instead, but is that actually a worthwhile strategy either?

Mostly I don't want to farm up the balls just to make my stats dumb and have to do it all over again. Help?

Did you put any points into health? :confused:

Why would you respec for stamina and not health? :confused:

I guess you feel like your damage is too low and more health wouldn't really help, but if I'm getting rekt I usually drop a few points in health and it gets easier.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dbz isnt about blocking its about doing crazy awesome punches, kicks, and ki blasts

some of those ki blasts come from your mouth

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Why would you block

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

It only just hit me

Burter is a taaaaall bastard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Harlock posted:

You should play like DBZ's version of Brock Lee who does amazing hand-to-hand but can't use any ninjutsu attacks whatsoever.

(I guess that'd be Yamcha :cheeky:)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Blocking is the tool of the coward and the Namekian

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Guldo wants to play video games with me

Sure Guldo

Don't cheat and freeze me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

Guldo wants to play video games with me

Sure Guldo

Don't cheat and freeze me

He's gonna.

He's the type that presses the pause button right as you're about to do a combo.

• Locked thread