Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Update.

Max, you really need to pay a bit more attention when your sister's eavesdropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Max ain't really good at these type of talks is he. Hahaha who was the goon who said squeaky dog followed Isabel all the way to the store. Also Max not seeing Isabel like a friend yet is understandable. How long have they known each other? What 3 days maybe?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shindragon posted:

Max ain't really good at these type of talks is he. Hahaha who was the goon who said squeaky dog followed Isabel all the way to the store. Also Max not seeing Isabel like a friend yet is understandable. How long have they known each other? What 3 days maybe?

Seriously, Max is surrounded by super clingy people.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think the "what does that make me" was in reference to eightfold. She's still dealing with what happened last night and all

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
And she lies even about having been scared of dogs before. This series is kind of dark with all the lying.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Seriously, Max is surrounded by super clingy people.

on the other hand they're pretty much stuck for the rest of their lives in an exclusive and restrictive clique presumably filled with people like Grandpa and Isaac.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, Max is a little guarded but he seems open to them being friends here. He's probably just not used to the accelerated rate of friend-making involved in fighting demon-dogs.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think the "what does that make me" was in reference to eightfold. She's still dealing with what happened last night and all

It was in reference to the "That's what friends do" as well.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder what lessons Pajama ghost boy is taking away from this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ThaumPenguin posted:

I wonder what lessons Pajama ghost boy is taking away from this.
He's probably going to end up as Max's sidekick.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well that pretty firmly killed any hope of Squeakdog being the umbrella spirit. Fortunately it seems like he wasn't just a weird throwaway gag or else he probably wouldn't have been mentioned again, so hooray for more dog.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Shindragon posted:

Max ain't really good at these type of talks is he.

Max has all the tact of a 12 year old boy. Pretty appropriate honestly.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The story with PJ is about to become even more tragic, I can feel it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Max and Isabel have a pretty amusing dynamic. We need more Max and Isabel bro-ops.

Ed seriously needs a little more flesh on him as a character is my one complaint at this point. I'm already kind of bored of him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ed is there to balance out Isaac.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ed has also has had the least amount of screentime

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Everything we have seen of Ed has been pretty golden, though.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Everything we have seen of Edveryone has been pretty golden, though.

Seriously, I'm struggling to think of a character that hasn't been awesome so far. Yeah, sure, Ed needs more screen time and development, but I think that's because the bar is set so high, what with all the other characters.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

PJ is gonna get eaten by the doubledog.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ed is there to balance out Isaac.

Someone's gotta be there to play unstraight man when everyone else is angstin

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Countblanc posted:

Well that pretty firmly killed any hope of Squeakdog being the umbrella spirit.

I don't see how. It's not like a non-Spectral has commented on it yet.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Probably Magic posted:

I don't see how. It's not like a non-Spectral has commented on it yet.

Max can see it, and there's no way umbrella spirit would be out of its tool barely five minutes after Isabel received it.

It was already pretty obviously not true given that even Isabel would only be able to see the spirit in its hyperbolic time chamber thing, and there was no weird colour filter or anything when squeakdog showed up.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 27, 2015

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ed's character definitely has more to it, it's just that a big part of his personality is trying to hide any depth whatsoever, so we haven't had much opportunity to see it. See here and here.

The main thing happening with Ed most recently is this two page sequence where he takes Isabel's hand when she's feeling abandoned and then immediately abandons her when things get serious. He's a coward when it comes to interpersonal things, and his goofiness is part of how he hides. I think you can see in this page that it's had a negative impact on his friendship with Isabel, though the moment gets overshadowed by the Zarei stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ditocoaf posted:

Ed's character definitely has more to it, it's just that a big part of his personality is trying to hide any depth whatsoever, so we haven't had much opportunity to see it.
As someone who was once a kid who hid nervousness behind wackiness and shenanigans, I can definitely see that in Ed.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ed running away and abandoning Isabel when things get serious has precedent, too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed running away and abandoning Isabel when things get serious has precedent, too.

drat, what is up with these children not standing up to the things that they aren't allowed to hit with their ghost powers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

drat, what is up with these children not standing up to the things that they aren't allowed to hit with their ghost powers.
I think you just answered your own question.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Since we're archive binging, I keep meaning to mention that I don't remember anyone mentioning the demon that looks like a puppy and the virtues of infinite continues.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think you just answered your own question.

Nah, it's sarcasm because the conversation of ducking out when your sibling is getting chewed out by parents being A Thing That Children Do has been done already.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Hmm. I noticed Ed ditching Isabel when things got heated, but I didn't think much of it until now. I suppose this is why she went to see Max. He's the only person so far to have her starboard when things got somewhat serious.

He's also the first to offer any condolences for Eightfold, even if he approached it with a 12 year old's tact.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 28, 2015

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if the squeaky dog is a weredog. And Mr. Garcia.

Either that or someone/some creature Isabel's Grandpa got to get Isabel to get over her fear of dogs.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Splicer posted:

Since we're archive binging, I keep meaning to mention that I don't remember anyone mentioning the demon that looks like a puppy and the virtues of infinite continues.

I think the infinite continues thing was mentioned, but good catch on the demon that looks like a puppy. I'm now a lot more suspicious of squeaky dog's intentions.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I thought the infinite continues dogs was sort of a foreshadow to pixeldogs.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I lost track of this around the end of the train thing (didn't want to wait a week just to read another Boss Leader update) and just re-read the whole thing and gol dang is it good. I forgot how much the art changes from the first chapter to the fourth.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rotten Cookies posted:

I thought the infinite continues dogs was sort of a foreshadow to pixeldogs.
Yeah, that's what I was going for.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Update!

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=332

Max asks the hard-hitting questions.

Also, I fully intend on using that last panel quote in real life whenever I get the chance.

Alt text: Spirit Fusion is my favorite vitamin water flavor

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hweeyermz?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Isabel and the dog have formed an uneasy truce built around a tenuous cease-fire. I wonder if Max will ask about the umbrella, or if Isabel will actually answer any of his questions with usable info?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Good to see Max still operating under the Isaac Directive. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny joining team Isaac as part of the possessed crew is going to own bones.

Team Inductive Heat.